Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2015, 21:29   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Bolt 1.3L Diesel : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
Thanks a ton.
Can you enlighten me towards the engines? I mean whether the same engine is doing the duty in both /some different tuned versions/ or completely different engines altogether. Any difference in the refinement levels??
If you are looking for diesel engines, then virtually there is no difference between the Vista and Bolt. Both have the same 75ps, 190 Nm, quadrajet engine.

However if you are considering petrol, then the Bolt comes with a 90ps, 140Nm, Revotron (turbocharged petrol) engine, which has 3 drive modes. Car with this engine has good driveability as the peak torque of 140 Nm is available over a wide rpm range (as low as 1500 rpm to 4000 rpm).

I have not driven the Revotron so cannot comment on the refinement levels but should be at par with the competition.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 15:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
If you are looking for diesel engines, then virtually there is no difference between the Vista and Bolt. Both have the same 75ps, 190 Nm, quadrajet engine.
@AutoIndian: Thanks a ton. Since its the diesel being considered, and there being no difference in engine tuning etc; I think a top spec Indica makes more sense. Will plan for that. Thanks again
Old 18th April 2016, 22:01   #48
BHPian

Finally Tata Bolt drives into cab market.
Spotted Bolt XE 1.3 with yellow plate in Pune today (couldn't take the pictures).
I see this move bieng made as TML now have Tiago to compete in passenger hatchback segment.
I see no harm in TML doing that.
When established manufacturers are offering their popular cars Dzire, Swift etc. in cab market, why TML should sit on the shore and watch.
Afterall, cab market has always been TML's strong zone.
There is no point in stop doing what you are best at and try doing something which you are not yet good at.
Till now I guess, only Indigo CS was the only offering for cabbies, since the discountinuation of Vista.

Next move would be Zest with yellow plate, as soon as company readies up Sway / Kite 5 for launch.
Old 19th April 2016, 00:29   #49
Team-BHP Support

http://motoroctane.com/news/13229-ta...n-taxi-segment

And in one year, they have gone back on that statement. TATA motors seems to be doing many things to increasingly show its commitment to the customer, but I'm not really impressed with they way they are treating Bolt within a year of its launch.

Saw cabs here in Bangalore too. They are trying to make another Indica story out of Bolt.
Old 19th April 2016, 06:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

As a Bolt owner I don't see this move worrying me much. With Xcents, Grand i10s, Dzires among many other popular cars already doing duty as cabs why not Bolt. In fact it's roominess at the rear seat makes it an ideal candidate for this segment and as rightly pointed out with the Tiago around the Bolt Base model could be marketed in this segment. I think TML should only offer XMS and XT variants now with a more competitive price tag.
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 07:45   #51
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
As a Bolt owner I don't see this move worrying me much. With Xcents, Grand i10s, Dzires among many other popular cars already doing duty as cabs why not Bolt. In fact it's roominess at the rear seat makes it an ideal candidate for this segment and as rightly pointed out with the Tiago around the Bolt Base model could be marketed in this segment. I think TML should only offer XMS and XT variants now with a more competitive price tag.
As an owner, you should in fact feel happier. It ensures better spare part availability - even late in the life cycle of the product when it has been discontinued by the manufacturer
srh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 18:53   #52
BHPian

Hyderabad is full of Bolt Diesel cars used as taxi purpose.
In last 10 months, Bolt diesel car sales shot up at a fast pace.

I happened to speak to one of the taxi driver and asked him is Bolt Diesel any better than others and his response to me was - Don't waste your time knowing about Bolt features and performance, just blindly go for it, it's a brilliant car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks