Team-BHP - Renault Lodgy : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Renault Lodgy : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/162480-renault-lodgy-official-review-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 3681609)
The Renault Lodgy has been launched in India at a price of between Rs. 8.19 - 11.79 Lakhs (ex-Delhi).

[u]Wham-bhp.com/carpics/renault-lodgy/exterior/m/renault-lodgy02.jpg[/IMG][/url][/center]

Great review team.
A speed limiter on this car, does it suggest in future, is going to be a positioning for all fleet owners? I wonder how it works and how they restrict admin settings on the speed limiter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 3681618)
Chief Competitors of the Renault Lodgy

Quote:

• Bouncy ride quality. Unsettled over any type of surface
• Driving experience marred by excessive body roll and a slow, numb steering
• Lacks the quality & finesse of same-price hatchbacks and sedans

Surely enough Lodgy is a competent car but i feel Xylo has been understated most of the time. The refresh version does away with the body roll and bouncy ride to a considerable level. The engine is responsive and speeds up without any unsettlement to the passengers. Yup the boxy looks and the patchy service have been pulling me away from buying this piece of machinery...but never know..i might end up buying this soon (unless ofcourse Toyota decides to do a Houdini Act with Innova pricing) :D

Mod Note: Post edited. Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopa99 (Post 3688263)
Great review team.
A speed limiter on this car, does it suggest in future, is going to be a positioning for all fleet owners? I wonder how it works and how they restrict admin settings on the speed limiter.

Its not like the fleet speed limiter. Its more of a user controlled thing where user can restrict max speed. Suppose you are on a highway with 90 limit, but due to traffic cruise control is not possible. So you can drive normally, and set the limit without repeatedly checking the speedo to ensure that you are not fined 400rs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelator (Post 3688350)
Surely enough Lodgy is a competent car but i feel Xylo has been understated most of the time. The refresh version does away with the body roll and bouncy ride to a considerable level. The engine is responsive and speeds up without any unsettlement to the passengers. Yup the boxy looks and the patchy service have been pulling me away from buying this piece of machinery...but never know..i might end up buying this soon (unless ofcourse Toyota decides to do a Houdini Act with Innova pricing) :D

I think Xylo has that taxi image stigma like the Sumo. Lodgy gives a more car like effect.

Don't remember seeing it in the review but does the Lodgy have a full size spare alloy underneath? Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 3688444)
Its not like the fleet speed limiter. Its more of a user controlled thing where user can restrict max speed. Suppose you are on a highway with 90 limit, but due to traffic cruise control is not possible. So you can drive normally, and set the limit without repeatedly checking the speedo to ensure that you are not fined 400rs

That is indeed a very useful feature. I often get carried away on highways and cross the speed limit and return to legal speed only if I see the the speedo.

Is there a range for setting the speed limit? i mean, can the speed limit be set at, say, 30KMPH?

So are we looking at another people mover like the Xylo ?

It doesnot have the looks of the Eritga or the Mobilio. It doesnt have the size of the Innova.

I wont say I was disappointed with the looks. Because I did not have much expectation from it anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourabhzen (Post 3688676)
That is indeed a very useful feature. I often get carried away on highways and cross the speed limit and return to legal speed only if I see the the speedo.

Is there a range for setting the speed limit? i mean, can the speed limit be set at, say, 30KMPH?

I think there is a lower speed limit of about 50kmph or so above which you can use cruise control related things.

In order to target young couples & families as potential buyers, Renault Lodgy is running some cool ad campaign on TV. Was watching an IPL game on TV and saw the Renault Lodgy ad.

Have not seen the MPV in person, but looks pretty cool in the ad on TV. Couple this with some detailed reviews on Team-BHP, I am now really curious to go to a Renault showroom and see the Lodgy for myself and perhaps even take a test drive.

Only if Renault could have given an AT gearbox option in the Lodgy, they would really differentiate with a USP & be a notch ahead of the Innova as, Innova does not have an AT gearbox option currently. There is really no automatic options in the INR 15L+- range for SUVs or MPVs variants today in the Indian market.

Went to Khivraj Nandanam Chennai today. It seems the booking in Chennai showrooms of Khivraj is close to 200 till date and delivery is likely to begin after 25th April. Additional info - there was beeline of Tavera Taxi Owners who have shown more interest and they are waiting for standard version bookings to open. Except the boxy look, low GC and puny wheels Lodgy looks better in all other aspects.

One of the most exhaustive reviews I have ever read on T-BHp. Take a bow mods! what caught my attention was that, the Lodgy is a good highway cruiser, and Innova has something to worry about now. Lets see how the Lodgy sells in the coming months.

Though this is not confirmed news but heard from a Nissan source that Ola is buying some Lodgys in bulk in Mumbai. He said 4000 numbers but I doubt that

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 3689275)
Though this is not confirmed news but heard from a Nissan source that Ola is buying some Lodgys in bulk in Mumbai. He said 4000 numbers but I doubt that

I was told that Renault is NOT allowing lodgys to be registered as yellow-board vehicles yet.

I went to the nearby Renault Showroom in Kondapur, Hyd after I saw the Lodgy parked out there. The white 8 seater version was parked outside and it looked very cab like. Though I am an advocate of the white color, for AC effectiveness in our hot country, I felt that I wouldn't buy the white. I went in for another look and there was the Orchid colour in the Seven seater variant. I quite liked the first look of it and thought this colour was better. At first, I went and sat behind the driver seat and liked the legroom there. Then I went and sat in the driver seat and the familiar Duster dashboard was there and it seemed pleasant. Sat in and adjusted the seat to my height(6.0') and then went and tried sitting in the seat behind. Now the space in that seat was seriously lacking. Now, I come from a family of six footers and it is difficult to squeeze my family in. Missed the fore/aft movement that Ertiga has(not that my family will ever fit in an Ertiga). I did not bother trying the last seat but thought it had more space than competitors. So for a family of average sized individuals, or a mixed group, the seating is a very good combo. However, this is available only in the top-end version of the 110ps and not at all in the 85ps. Seat customization will not come that soon, I am sure. all in all a good looking car except for the boxy rear. However, I wouldnt buy it all that soon. I will wait for an Option pack on the 85ps. However, the 6th gear will be sorely missed on the 85ps. Not to mention that the 110ps 7 Seater is Rs. 14,36,000 approx in Hyderabad which is uncomfortably close to the Innova.

Excellent review as usual. Very informative and helps the consumer make a decision on which MPV is most suited for their requirements.

IMHO, Maruti Ertiga still packs a punch in the MPV category, though the competition is getting stronger. It is good, manufacturers will be forced to provide newer and better features and more value for money.

What really struck me is the photograph - the first one. It looks so beautiful, what with the boulders jutting out and the clear blue sky with the fluffy clouds! The scenery is right out of some dream location and I am eager to know where the review was shot.

Please accept my appreciation for the review content as well the photographs depicting the picturesque location.

clap::thumbs up:thumbs up

Lodgy looks good, but seems to have made too many compromises with respect to ergonomics and comfort (this is the case with many recent mpv launches :Frustrati). People always tell Xylo looks and drives bad but being a xylo owner for 5 years now with 50K plus mileage, I would say it's a very very practical and thought out product from Mahindra. Full-sized arm rests, dead pedal, follow home head lights are some of the examples. The ride is of course bumpy if you compare it with safari or sedans but nothing horribly un comfortable. In fact it's so comfortable inside as it's a motor that was designed inside-out. So far never had to shell out extra money rather than the regular service charges.
I would suggest people planning for a budget MPV to give it a serious thought, test drive rather that just go with reviews. I think people mget intimidated by the heft of the vehicle from outside but once you sit inside and drive this thing, your opinion will be different from what you read . This is my daily commute to office (17 kms one way) in Bangalore traffic. Can take any type of road, speed bumps, U-turns etc.