Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2015, 06:54   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Hi Gemi, Have you got your car? I am eagerly waiting for your ownership report or have I missed it
Have Started compiling the review but got busy with a few things at home. Sorry for the delay. Will try to post it ASAP.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 12:43   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

After Renault Duster's rust issue, there are reports now on water seepage in Lodgy?

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-renaultlodgywaterleakageproblem12.jpg
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-renaultlodgywaterleakageproblem1.jpg

Here is the customer's Point of view.
Quote:
We have purchased Renault Lodgy 15 days ago. This car has water (ingress) leakage problem. While, I was travelling with my family there was heavy rainfall on the way. Surprisingly, we noticed that water had entered in car diggy and our entire luggage (6 bags), laptop, and iPod got wet. We suffered huge losses due to this problem
Renault dealership response!

Quote:
The staffers at the Renault Dealership, they mentioned that half of the car’s interior was drenched in water when it had arrived, and some problem with the sealing was identified. The issue was then rectified and the car is back with the customer now.
http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/scoops...roblem-127143/
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:51   #258
BHPian

Given that limited space in second row seating is an issue, has anyone tried- as the review suggests-to instal sliding seats in the second row? Would that void the warranty? How much would it cost?
Old 31st August 2015, 23:42   #259

Hello Friends,

Took delivery of my Renault Lodgy StepWay (Royal Orchid) today. First of all, would like to thank the moderators and the community for such a wonderful review and related discussions, which helped a lot in taking the decision on buying this drive for me.

I have not received the car's registration yet, so will have to wait for a couple of days to hit the road and trust me, the wait is just agonizing. Anyway, guess I got a good deal on the car, a total of Rs. 69.9k discount on the dealer's list price (well, actual discount is lesser on account of some fishy pricing by dealer, e.g. listed insurance cost viz a viz other dealer is 8k higher). Final OTR price is Rs. 13.6 Lacs (including Zero Dep insurance, 2 years extended warranty, and basic accessories kit). Keeping my fingers crossed that the September discounts are not too different (read lucrative) from this!

Will try and compile my pre-purchase and ownership experience soon. Attaching a few initial pics.

Cheers
@k;
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-001.jpg  

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-002.jpg  

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-003.jpg  

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-004.jpg  

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-005.jpg  

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-006.jpg  

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-007.jpg  

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-008.jpg  

ankitjains is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 08:16   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitjains View Post
Hello Friends,

Took delivery of my Renault Lodgy StepWay (Royal Orchid) today. First of all, would like to thank the moderators and the community for such a wonderful review and related discussions, which helped a lot in taking the decision on buying this drive for me.
Cheers
@k;
Many congratulations Ankit on taking the delivery of your Lodgy. Wishing you thousands of happy (s)miles with it.

I would like to know how you zeroed on the Lodgy and not other cars in the same segment. Lodgy seems to be a good people mover and an able long distance cruiser. However the huge turning radius of 5.55m is a big deterrent for me, especially considering the tight parking in my apartment.

Do share with us your initial ownership experience as soon as possible.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 09:41   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

;
Congratulations! Wishing you many safe miles with family and friends. It is always a great feeling when you are able to squeeze in more people in a car. Lodgy is a sensible (perhaps Lodgical :-)) buy for someone looking for a good MPV. Please do share your ownership experience ticking in the forum.
sathya_g_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 10:28   #262
BHPian

Thanks for the wonderful review tsk and vidyut !!!

On a lighter note, I know you guys put in a lot of effort to review cars but never knew you would go the extent of placing a rock on top of the car to prove its "rock solid" build quality

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-154680.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th September 2015 at 21:28.
super.cars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 17:48   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations Ankit on taking the delivery of your Lodgy. Wishing you thousands of happy (s)miles with it.

I would like to know how you zeroed on the Lodgy and not other cars in the same segment. Lodgy seems to be a good people mover and an able long distance cruiser. However the huge turning radius of 5.55m is a big deterrent for me, especially considering the tight parking in my apartment.
Thanks AutoIndian for the wishes. Well, I did looked for cars across a few segments. I thought of buying a hatch but then started off with Fiat Avventura / Eco Sports. I really liked the stability of Avventura. But my father later insisted on a seven seater (i have a family of 5 and all are on a heavy side).

The issue, however, was the space (read length, the width of my parking is quite generous) in my home parking. Currently 4 cars are parked in my parking [Eco Sports, Honda City (both belonging to person staying on top floor), Linea and Verna (which I sold last month)]. With all the cars parked (including Verna which was 4370mm in length), the free space available was close to 7-8 inches. So the maximum car size I could stretch was until 4500-4600 mm. So the options considered were:

1. Innova - Irrespective of its reliability, never liked the look and feel of the car. Top end was way too expensive and above all, would be a very tight fit in my parking (may have touched the main gate)

2. Ertiga - I quite liked the car for its practicality. Drive was decent and equipment level could be lived with for the price. However, if we have to fold the last row, it would have been impossible to sit in second row for me and dad (5'11" and 6' respectively).

3. Mobilio - Interiors looked and feel cheap. Front styling looked out of proportions to me. NVH was on a higher side so the feel was not plush. I did not perceive any added value in it vis-a-vis Ertiga so the premium pricing was a big no-no.

4. XUV500 - I quite like the car. Had driven the a ZoomCar XUV 500 in June on a family trip to Ramgarh Banglows (Near Nanital). However, having owned a Tata Indigo in past and reading about the niggles in Mahindra, my father was against buying either a Tata or a Mahindra (no offences please, I really enjoyed the road presence and styling of this car). Anyway, being same in length as Innova, this would have been a very tight fit in my covered parking.

5. Lodgy - Believe it or not, Lodgy ticked most of the points on my check-list, except for the limited leg room in middle row (how I wish the middle row had a sliding mechanism). But, thanks to the pic in this review where Vidyut is sitting on last row with legs stretched fully, my father was happily willing to ignore this limitation. In fact, that is one cool way to have a relaxing ride in this car (not too sure of the passenger safety in such a case though). Also this car is relatively more comfortably parked in my garage when compared to Innova/XUV500. Equipment level should get the job done, so no complaints here. Killing features for me were cruise control and speed limiter. Turning radius doesn't seem a problem to me as I am used to Linea's drive (which again has a rather huge turning radius) for last 6 years now. Majority of my driving would be on highways (65-70%), so 110 PS version made better sense. I did face a bad pre sales experience from Renault though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Congratulations! Wishing you many safe miles with family and friends. It is always a great feeling when you are able to squeeze in more people in a car. Lodgy is a sensible (perhaps Lodgical :-)) buy for someone looking for a good MPV. Please do share your ownership experience ticking in the forum.
Thanks Sathya. It indeed is a lodgical choice as it fit all my requirements with minimal compromises. Will be sharing my ownership and purchase experience ASAP. Cheers.

Thanks, akj!
ankitjains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 16:21   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Can anyone help me reduce the brightness of the MID? It's too bright at night and I'm unable to find the function to reduce it.

Attaching a picture for reference:
Attachment 1390364
Hi SwiftDiesel,

Could you find the way to reduce the brightness of MID. It was too bright to the extent of being painful on highway! In case there is no way to reduce the brightness, I plan to put a shaded film on the MID. Any suggestions?

Regards, AKJ
Old 7th September 2015, 20:33   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi SwiftDiesel,

Could you find the way to reduce the brightness of MID. It was too bright to the extent of being painful on highway! In case there is no way to reduce the brightness, I plan to put a shaded film on the MID. Any suggestions?

Regards, AKJ
Haven't found a solution myself ankitjains. Just given up on it.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 22:11   #266
BHPian

Last month's numbers of Lodgy have been quite disappointing. Just 271 units. Lodgy has been a strong contender on my shortlist of next car probables. I quite liked the car when I test drove it, and there was no single deal breaker for me. I can't quite figure out the reason for such a response from the market. It cannot be brand image, because Renault tasted success with Duster even though it was a relatively unknown brand in India and had a comparatively smaller dealer network. Looks-wise, Lodgy is decent looking and at par or better than Ertiga/Innova. Is it the price ? Is it not premium enough at the expected price (Lodgy 85 RXZ is 2.5 lakhs above Ertiga ZDI in Bangalore OTR) ? Or is it something else ?
Old 17th September 2015, 23:09   #267

I guess one big reason for disappointing sale of lodgy is its non availability in taxi segment. Its otherwise a Very practical car with no major downsides... what i was told by dealer here in delhi is that Renault is launching base model in 7 seat option which will be available for taxi registration.
Old 18th September 2015, 02:00   #268
BHPian

Quote:
I guess one big reason for disappointing sale of lodgy is its non availability in taxi segment. Its otherwise a Very practical car with no major downsides... what i was told by dealer here in delhi is that Renault is launching base model in 7 seat option which will be available for taxi registration.
I guess it's been started already. I had seen couple of Lodgy's in the last two days in Hyderabad with yellow plate registration.

Probably this will increase the numbers for September.
Old 21st September 2015, 11:46   #269
BHPian

Hello Friends,
I am now the proud owner of Renault Lodgy RxL 110PS. Took the delivery last week and was on the highway immediately as I had to visit my home town on the same night. My first ride is around 150kms first stretch and we were very happy with car. Initial ownership report is being reviewed by Mods to have put most of the initial experiences in that thread.
Many thanks to TBHPians and Official reviews to help me decide what is best suited for my family.
And to Renault for making an awesomely powerful practical car.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-wp_20150914_0032.jpg  

Last edited by ajmat : 21st September 2015 at 15:14. Reason: Added a pic
raghutk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 20:35   #270
Senior - BHPian

Did the 10000 kms service and the total bill came to Rs. 4200 which includes replacement of oils and filters and also includes wheel balancing and alignment. They've changed the accelerator pedal free as a warranty item and I was told they're doing it for all the Lodgys. The accelerator modulation is more smoother now which is good. Overall happy with the quality of service and the cost.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks