Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2015, 12:39   #271
BHPian

Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

I bought the Lodgy RxZ in July, 2015 from Gen Next Motors and have driven it around 5000 Kms till date. Here are some of the issues i've faced since i've bought the car. A week or Two after the First service I happened to check the oil level and found that the oil level was low and required 1.5 Ltrs of oil, i'm wondering if it wasn't checked and topped off or the consumption is high. Keeping an eye on that.
The biggest issue i've faced is over this weekend, it being a long weekend decided to visit Mahabaleshwar with my family. After Katraj ghat I noticed that the Clutch felt a little strange, it would'nt come back all the way and I had to bring it up with my toe, after a few kilometers the clutch pedal went all the way in and I was'nt able to change gears. I was able to stop the car on the side of the road and switched off the engine had to bring the clutch pedal up once again with my toe. At this time the clutch pedal kept on going in and had to bring it up with my toe after a few minutes noticed that the clutch pedal felt normal and could engage the gears. This kept on happening through out the trip and once the engine was switched off the clutch would be fine after a few seconds. Any how I bought the car back to Mumbai the same way and now going to send the car to Gen Next today. Anyone else faced the same issue ?
I got the Roof carrier installed by Gen Next in the First service at a cost of Rs. 12000.00 it has already started rusting within Two Months.
Will update my post once i get the car back
tantricindian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 18:48   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantricindian View Post
I bought the Lodgy RxZ in July, 2015 from Gen Next Motors and have driven it around 5000 Kms till date. Here are some of the issues i've faced since i've bought the car. A week or Two after the First service I happened to check the oil level and found that the oil level was low and required 1.5 Ltrs of oil, i'm wondering if it wasn't checked and topped off or the consumption is high. Keeping an eye on that.
The biggest issue i've faced is over this weekend, it being a long weekend decided to visit Mahabaleshwar with my family. After Katraj ghat I noticed that the Clutch felt a little strange, it would'nt come back all the way and I had to bring it up with my toe, after a few kilometers the clutch pedal went all the way in and I was'nt able to change gears. I was able to stop the car on the side of the road and switched off the engine had to bring the clutch pedal up once again with my toe. At this time the clutch pedal kept on going in and had to bring it up with my toe after a few minutes noticed that the clutch pedal felt normal and could engage the gears. This kept on happening through out the trip and once the engine was switched off the clutch would be fine after a few seconds. Any how I bought the car back to Mumbai the same way and now going to send the car to Gen Next today. Anyone else faced the same issue ?
I got the Roof carrier installed by Gen Next in the First service at a cost of Rs. 12000.00 it has already started rusting within Two Months.
Will update my post once i get the car back
Update: the car is still with gen next motors, they say that the case has been referred to Renault and Renault has asked them to change the clutch cylinder, master cylinder and brake cylinder and all hydraulic systems associated with the brakes and clutch including pipes. The material has been ordered from Renault and is expected to take 5 more days . Any suggestions on what I can do? Disappointed!
tantricindian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 13:11   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Update: the car is still with gen next motors, they say that the case has been referred to Renault and Renault has asked them to change the clutch cylinder, master cylinder and brake cylinder and all hydraulic systems associated with the brakes and clutch including pipes. The material has been ordered from Renault and is expected to take 5 more days . Any suggestions on what I can do? Disappointed!
Update: Today is the 10th day the car has been with Gen Next Motors They are still waiting for spares
Old 20th October 2015, 09:28   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Today is the 10th day the car has been with Gen Next Motors They are still waiting for spares
Hi tantricindian,

Has the issue been resolved? I am surprised to see that common spares like clutch slave cylinder are not in stock. My understanding is that Lodgy shares many mechanical bits with Duster and hence spare availability shouldn't be a problem.

But from your experience. it looks bad to have the vehicle down for 10+ days for a simple spare.

Earlier I have heard from people that Renault service takes a lot of time to do accident damage and body repairs. But this kind of running repairs getting delayed are scary for people who would have to depend on a single car for their everyday commute.

Is this a rare case, or has Renault service been always like this?

Please share updates.

Thanks!
Old 20th October 2015, 10:58   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie98 View Post
Hi tantricindian,

Has the issue been resolved?
======
Please share updates.

Thanks!
Hi Herbie98. They finally returned the car last night after 13 days but my saga is not over yet. This morning after starting the car the power steering did not work till i accelerated for a few seconds, also the clutch seems to have a lot of play, gear shifting wasn't smooth and steering seems to be hard. spoke with the service manager and he is sending someone to see the car. Also some jobs that I had requested them to look into wasn't attended too even though the car was with them for an extended period of time.
Old 20th October 2015, 22:31   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Herbie98. They finally returned the car last night after 13 days but my saga is not over yet. This morning after starting the car the power steering did not work till i accelerated for a few seconds, also the clutch seems to have a lot of play, gear shifting wasn't smooth and steering seems to be hard. spoke with the service manager and he is sending someone to see the car. Also some jobs that I had requested them to look into wasn't attended too even though the car was with them for an extended period of time.
Update: Gen Next motors claim that the rack and pinion was "suspicious" and have kept the car over night for "observation" I am at my tethers end with Renault and Gen Next. Can any Gurus here help me out with senior management contacts ?
Old 24th October 2015, 22:20   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Gen Next motors claim that the rack and pinion was "suspicious" and have kept the car over night for "observation" I am at my tethers end with Renault and Gen Next. Can any Gurus here help me out with senior management contacts ?
I hope the "observation" was complete and your car is back with you, just wanted to know if you tried calling them on their toll free number, and if yes, was it useful?
Quote:
You can call us on our Toll Free Number 1-800-300-44444 or SMS "RENAULT" to 53030 or even write to us at customer@renault.com
Old 26th October 2015, 11:28   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I hope the "observation" was complete and your car is back with you, just wanted to know if you tried calling them on their toll free number, and if yes, was it useful?
Hi, finally the car is back with me after change of total clutch and brake hydraulic systems and Rack and Pinion systems. Hopefully there should not be any more issues.
Toll Free number and On road assistance was of no help at all. Initially when I had called their on road assistance number from Mahabaleshwar they had insisted that the car would have to be towed to satara, which I think is a distance of around 100 Kms. Their service station guys at Satara called me up asking to collect the car, somehow they tried to assure me that they will return the car to mahabaleshwar after fixing the issue within 36 Hours. I had this feeling deep within me that this would not be the case hence I didnt give them the car and drove her back to Mumbai somehow. In hind sight this was the best thing to have done as their service station in Mumbai didnt have the required parts and took 13 days to return the car.
Complaints to their Toll free number also didnt seem to help but raising a stink on their Facebook page did I did get a solitary call stating they are looking into the matter and it should be resolved in a day or two alongwith an email giving a complaint number. Further emails quoting their complaint number and asking for assistance in getting the parts urgently went unreplied and phone calls also were not returned.
Anyway I hope for the best and keep my fingers crossed that the water seepage issue is also solved as I have no way checking on that.
Cheers
Old 29th October 2015, 10:43   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, finally the car is back with me after change of total clutch and brake hydraulic systems and Rack and Pinion systems. Hopefully there should not be any more issues.

Anyway I hope for the best and keep my fingers crossed that the water seepage issue is also solved as I have no way checking on that.
Cheers
I was just wondering how can so many things can go wrong at once. Your problem started with less engine oil,clutch, brake , EPS etc.
Did you not check the car when they delivered after the repairs ?
Also you have done close to 5K kms in your car. Did you see any issues during this time ? Is the first service done on time ?
Need to raise this issue if it is genuine and the service center needs to be black listed.
Also I have taken lodgy in very heavy rains twice on highways and always park my car outside in the rain or shine have not seen the water seepage issue so it might be one odd case of not checking the rubber seal properly during the PDI by the service guys.
Request you to please share your thoughts.
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:02   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghutk View Post
I was just wondering how can so many things can go wrong at once. Your problem started with less engine oil,clutch, brake , EPS etc.
Did you not check the car when they delivered after the repairs ?
Also you have done close to 5K kms in your car. Did you see any issues during this time ? Is the first service done on time ?
Need to raise this issue if it is genuine and the service center needs to be black listed.
Also I have taken lodgy in very heavy rains twice on highways and always park my car outside in the rain or shine have not seen the water seepage issue so it might be one odd case of not checking the rubber seal properly during the PDI by the service guys.
Request you to please share your thoughts.
Hey raghutk, the issue didnt start after repairs but on the cars first long drive. The rack and pinion issue started after they delivered the car post repairs for Hydraulic systems etc.
The First service was done on time.
The water seepage was excessive in the front left door as compared to the other doors and also on the area above the rear window / windscreen.
I guess it maybe a PDI issue but am unable to verify
Old 16th November 2015, 12:23   #281
BHPian

Are there any ownership reports on Lodgy in Tbhp? Couldnt find any.
Old 16th November 2015, 12:35   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Are there any ownership reports on Lodgy in Tbhp? Couldnt find any.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 22:48   #283
Senior - BHPian

My kid usually sleeps during a long drive in the MPV and to keep her comfortable, I let the car idle with the AC on when we're parked somewhere. Lately, I've found that merely keeping the rear blower turned on, with the ignition off serves the same purpose thereby saving fuel and unnecessary engine idle.

My question is this: will this practice tell upon my battery life? I usually let it run for up to 15-20 minutes at a stretch. I presume only the fan is working or does the cooling coil work as well since the air dispensed is cool even after 10 minutes? Anyway, would like to know if this is good practice.
Old 25th November 2015, 22:56   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
My kid usually sleeps during a long drive in the MPV and to keep her comfortable, I let the car idle with the AC on when we're parked somewhere. Lately, I've found that merely keeping the rear blower turned on, with the ignition off serves the same purpose thereby saving fuel and unnecessary engine idle.

My question is this: will this practice tell upon my battery life? I usually let it run for up to 15-20 minutes at a stretch. I presume only the fan is working or does the cooling coil work as well since the air dispensed is cool even after 10 minutes? Anyway, would like to know if this is good practice.
Yes, this will eat up your battery life as you use the blower run for 15-20 minutes. It's always preferred to use any electrical device only when the engine is powering the battery.
kptraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 08:26   #285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Is it letting out cool air? Let me rephrase, do you feel the compressor is on or is it just recirculating air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel
If there is only recirculation, then no need to worry much, battery drain is minimal for 15/20 minutes which anyways will be charged when you are on the move again. But if the compressor is on, then I would ask you to let the car remain in idle.

Parking lamps are supposed to be used [if necessary] when the car is parked at places where it needs to be visible, will drain battery but battery is charged anyways, similar for the air vents.

Car's ICE too [OE] is programmed with 1 hour usage only when the car is shut-down, only to save the battery. A 15/20 min usage won't do much harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptraveller View Post
Yes, this will eat up your battery life as you use the blower run for 15-20 minutes. It's always preferred to use any electrical device only when the engine is powering the battery.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed