Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2015, 13:27   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Is it letting out cool air? Let me rephrase, do you feel the compressor is on or is it just recirculating air?

If there is only recirculation, then no need to worry much, battery drain is minimal for 15/20 minutes which anyways will be charged when you are on the move again. But if the compressor is on, then I would ask you to let the car remain in idle.

Parking lamps are supposed to be used [if necessary] when the car is parked at places where it needs to be visible, will drain battery but battery is charged anyways, similar for the air vents.

Car's ICE too [OE] is programmed with 1 hour usage only when the car is shut-down, only to save the battery. A 15/20 min usage won't do much harm.
Thanks for that Sheel! No, the compressor isn't on and yeah I ensure it doesn't run longer than 20 minutes.
Old 26th November 2015, 14:22   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Lately, I've found that merely keeping the rear blower turned on, with the ignition off serves the same purpose thereby saving fuel and unnecessary engine idle.
If you are only using the blower unit, its the battery that is getting consumed. But since the rear unit is a typical "cooling unit" and not just a fan, It would simply continue to blow air without really cooling it any further.

To be able to function fully, the rear unit is dependent on the front AC from where it leverages the air blowing out (Hence you see intake vents for the rear unit on the roof), cool it further through the cooling coil and blow it out on the other side.

Quote:
My question is this: will this practice tell upon my battery life? I usually let it run for up to 15-20 minutes at a stretch.
Running just the rear blower (without the engine running) for 15-20 minutes at stretch should not harm the battery unless you do this very frequently. Since you mention you do this mostly on long drives, I presume you drive at least 50-100 kms ahead on the highway where the battery gets back to full charge levels again.

Quote:
I presume only the fan is working or does the cooling coil work as well since the air dispensed is cool even after 10 minutes? Anyway, would like to know if this is good practice.
It is just the fan working here. You are right. The cooling coil will function in tandem with the front AC unit once the compressor is turned on.

Next time when you get a chance to put the car on ramp, check right below the B Pillars under the chassis and you will notice 2 drain pipers for the AC water to drain out.

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th November 2015 at 14:25.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 16:07   #288
BHPian

Came across the Lodgy Stepway edition in this cool shade the other day. Looks really neat, and my family who didn't like the regular version much got an instant liking to this one.

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-dsc01593.jpg

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-dsc01588.jpg

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-dsc01589.jpg
SandyX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 16:50   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Came across the Lodgy Stepway edition in this cool shade the other day. Looks really neat, and my family who didn't like the regular version much got an instant liking to this one.
I had seen few Dusters as well in this shade. I didn't see any limited edition stickering on them. Is it a made to order shade offered by Renault?
Old 29th November 2015, 22:45   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
I had seen few Dusters as well in this shade. I didn't see any limited edition stickering on them. Is it a made to order shade offered by Renault?
I've no more info on this. I was there to pick up a Kwid, so just took a few pics & moved on. This shade is shown on Renault Lodgy site i guess.
Old 9th December 2015, 18:43   #291
Senior - BHPian

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-screenshot_20151209183815.png

Pretty chuffed to receive this text message from Renault. Didn't expect this given all the bad-mouthing the company usually receives about service quality. My car was safe from flood but posting the screenshot if someone needs it.
Old 21st December 2015, 11:04   #292
BHPian

Looks like Renault has launched 7 seater version across all the Trims. Does any one know if the 7 seater is the captain seat type in the lower variants as well?
Old 21st December 2015, 13:09   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1448636

Pretty chuffed to receive this text message from Renault. Didn't expect this given all the bad-mouthing the company usually receives about service quality. My car was safe from flood but posting the screenshot if someone needs it.
That is not from Renault, that is from the dealer Khivraj Motors, and they have sent a similar message to all their current and past customers for all the brands that they sell (they are a major maruti dealer too)
Old 3rd January 2016, 13:46   #294
Senior - BHPian

Guys, a query:

Building demolition work is going on next door and all the dust particles are settling on my car which is parked just by the fence of this nuisance happening. My car is filled with layers of brick dust that it almost appears red now. Unfortunately, I don't have a cover (no stock) to cover it with and I can't park it anywhere else for safety reasons. Is there some precautions I can take like cover the air intake filter or cover the cabin air intake under the windshield? As of now, I've left them open because few minutes by the car is choking me, it's that bad. I'm not able to wash the car as in a few minutes it's dressed in brick dust again. Do I need to take those precautions mentioned above or just sit tight and wait for those fellows to finish that nuisance? Any help appreciated.
Old 3rd January 2016, 15:39   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, a query:

Building demolition work is going on next door and all the dust particles are settling on my car which is parked just by the fence of this nuisance happening. My car is filled with layers of brick dust that it almost appears red now. Unfortunately, I don't have a cover (no stock) to cover it with and I can't park it anywhere else for safety reasons. Is there some precautions I can take like cover the air intake filter or cover the cabin air intake under the windshield? As of now, I've left them open because few minutes by the car is choking me, it's that bad. I'm not able to wash the car as in a few minutes it's dressed in brick dust again. Do I need to take those precautions mentioned above or just sit tight and wait for those fellows to finish that nuisance? Any help appreciated.
I don't know much about your specific questions, but why don't you cover the car with some old big bedsheets in the absence of car cover. At least that should temporarily solve your problem.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 16:05   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Building demolition work is going on next door ....
Atleast in Bangalore wherever there is construction work, the builder sprinkles water while demolition & puts blue tarpaulins so that very minimal dust is generated.

If they don't, a cop complaint is immediately filed & the builder is made to stop the work immediately.

Call your neighbor who's given the contract & ask him to tell the demolition contractor to comply immediately. If it still continues, you can call the cops maybe.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 16:31   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
I don't know much about your specific questions, but why don't you cover the car with some old big bedsheets in the absence of car cover. At least that should temporarily solve your problem.
Thanks mrbaddy. I specifically wanted to know if it'd have any effect on the performance of the engine and AC when I drive. As of now, I've been driving, but don't see any detrimental effect. Also, as you've suggested, I'm just using some old bedsheets now, although it gets blown away by the wind ever so often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Atleast in Bangalore wherever there is construction work, the builder sprinkles water while demolition & puts blue tarpaulins so that very minimal dust is generated.

If they don't, a cop complaint is immediately filed & the builder is made to stop the work immediately.

Call your neighbor who's given the contract & ask him to tell the demolition contractor to comply immediately. If it still continues, you can call the cops maybe.
Thanks GrammarNazi. They're using blue tarpaulin fences but they seem to have little effect. Don't know the ruling about water sprinkler here in Chennai. Gotta find out. Calling the cops is a bit extreme I feel as cars are a big deal to us but for others, it's "just a car." Anyway, thanks for the suggestion! Planning to leave the car at my relative's place until this is over.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 16:53   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mrbaddy. I specifically wanted to know if it'd have any effect on the performance of the engine and AC when I drive. As of now, I've been driving, but don't see any detrimental effect. .
No negative effect at all on the performance of the engine and AC. Both are forced induction. Air will pass through the air filter only when you start the car and the pistons start sucking the air. Same with AC cabin filter. Air will pass through it only when you will start the blower. Since you would immediately move out from that place after starting, there won't be any effect of the dust over there. But yes if you keep the car idling with the AC blower on at the construction site then both the filters are likely to get clogged sooner than later.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 17:01   #299
Senior - BHPian

When this is over, take your car for a good power wash including the interiors, send your neighbour the bill. That should take care of it.

As others have pointed out - there's no particular risk to you except for brick dust scratching the paintwork.

Are you sure that even if a lodgy cover isn't available, nobody has spare tarpaulins in stock? Or third party covers that fit a vehicle of similar size like an innova?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 20:37   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
When this is over, take your car for a good power wash including the interiors, send your neighbour the bill. That should take care of it.

As others have pointed out - there's no particular risk to you except for brick dust scratching the paintwork.

Are you sure that even if a lodgy cover isn't available, nobody has spare tarpaulins in stock? Or third party covers that fit a vehicle of similar size like an innova?
Thanks hserus, I don't want to buy 3rd party covers as they won't be a snug fit and they don't have provision for antenna. Anyway, I've ordered one with Renault, so it should be in by this week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks