Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2016, 15:30   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-lodgytrip.jpg

Did a one day picnic trip from Chennai to Yercaud. Started at 4 AM, was in Yercaud at 9:30 AM. Started our return journey at 3 PM and was home by 9 PM. At 15000+ kms, the MPV performed flawlessly. Due to the festival weekend, lorry traffic was sparse and this enabled me to do some spirited driving. Cruise control is a total boon and I'm realising the benefits of it on my right ankle specially. In all of my previous cars, I would get off the car with a mild ache in my ankle but here, there's none of that.

While visiting one of the tourist spots in Yercaud, got an opportunity to see the amazing torque come into play. The road that leads to this spot (Pagoda Point) is very steep and the final stretch that leads to the parking is extremely steep. While negotiating this steep incline, a Punto driver (probably new to the hills) stalled his ride and that caused us all to come to a dead halt on the steep incline. My heart started pounding and beads of sweat started cascading from my forehead as this was a narrow road and there was no where to turn and the Lodgy being a FWD, I was wary of wheel spin and roll back. When the passage was clear, was expecting to roll back but was pleasantly surprised to find the engine picking up from a dead halt with very mild accelerator input. We were 4 of us in the car and this bit had me grin from ear to ear. Cleared the incline and the rest of the journey was blissful. Extremely pleased with the performance of the MPV and the way the engine comes into its own on the highway, thanks to oodles of torque and the 6th gear. If I'm not watching the speedo (thankfully there's a speed limiter too!), this MPV could do some dangerous speeds without the driver even realising it. No rattle or any vibration whatsoever, in spite of putting the vehicle to some abuse. Overall, a memorable drive on the Lodgy.

An interesting observation was to find people still driving extinct cars like Fiat Siena, Palio, Hyundai Accent, Opel Corsa, Maruti Esteem, Zen, Tata Sierra and the like. Was also pleasantly surprised to count 6 Lodgys (3 in Yercaud) through the course of this trip. Looks like a slow but steady start for this MPV.
swiftdiesel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 10:01   #302
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
....Calling the cops is a bit extreme I feel as cars are a big deal to us but for others, it's "just a car."
Your concerns are very valid for all of us, and not only for those for whom 'its just a car'! If you find old bedsheets aren't doing the job (Mr. Baddy's suggestion is good) you don't need to worry too much about the effects on the car's performance. Apart from a slight overload of dust/dirt on the air filters of both the AC & engine scavenging, which you can ask to be cleaned during routine servicing!
Great to read about your trip to Yercaud and how your worries (about FWD traction on steep inclines) were put to rest!

Look forward to further inputs during road trips.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 13:16   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Your concerns are very valid for all of us, and not only for those for whom 'its just a car'! If you find old bedsheets aren't doing the job (Mr. Baddy's suggestion is good) you don't need to worry too much about the effects on the car's performance. Apart from a slight overload of dust/dirt on the air filters of both the AC & engine scavenging, which you can ask to be cleaned during routine servicing!
Great to read about your trip to Yercaud and how your worries (about FWD traction on steep inclines) were put to rest!

Look forward to further inputs during road trips.
Thank you shashanka for taking the time to read through my posts. Appreciate your concern, and thankfully, that demolition work is over, so no worries. I had mine parked at my relative's place for a couple of nights. The next service is approaching soon, will get 'em filters cleaned. I'll keep updating this thread with future travelogues.
Old 4th February 2016, 20:15   #304
BHPian

Hello All BHPians.
I am also joining this Bandwagon. Booked Lodgy 85 RXZ last week. Thoght i have marked my comment in other thread, i will raise same question here as well.
Car is more than 4 months old (though not too old) as per my thinking.
Me and my borther inspected car with PDI checklist as well as our thread of "Buying OLD NEW car" .

Please see attached image. Tie rod have corrosion though it seems on outer surface only when inspected/scratched with hand.

Can expert comment on this. I am going to do under body coating. Any suggestion always welcome. I have 1 week before delivery so i am asking in advance to avoid last minute delays.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-p1100054-copy.jpg  

tushar_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 22:36   #305
BHPian

Is anyone aware of the Lodgy getting an AMT and quickly addressed facelift & interior overhaul, next year in the wake of new competition. I met with the renault engineer who was in town, as they are prepping to launch the petrol version in the Gulf. He said product development is speeding up to rework a few things like interior space, an automatic transmission ( AMT will be applicable for some markets - namely India) and a new face.

So what do you guys think, will it revive its sale in India?
Old 19th February 2016, 10:27   #306
BHPian

Search finally ends.

After nearly a year of searching a 7 seater, booked a Renault Lodgy Royal Orchid colour. Delivery expected next Friday.

Discounts of upto 2 lakhs are offered in 2015 models. Well 2016 details are not yet available.
Ehsank78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 15:08   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_b View Post
Please see attached image. Tie rod have corrosion though it seems on outer surface only when inspected/scratched with hand.
That looks like the drive-shaft ....definitely not a good thing to have rust on it, in a new vehicle!!!
Old 8th March 2016, 15:02   #308
BHPian

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-20160308_144241.jpg

Replaced the head unit with Blaupunkt Cape Town 940 model with headrest monitors. Its an awesome system, but I still need to learn more than have the features.
Old 19th March 2016, 11:45   #309
Senior - BHPian

Did my 3rd free service at about ~19000 kms at Kivraj Renault, Mount Road. Oil cooler has proactively been replaced under warranty although I didn't have any issues regarding it. The total bill came to Rs.3300. Did wheel balancing and alignment outside. My biggest gripe was the time they take for the service - a whopping 2 days! This is unknown at Maruti and free services are returned in a few hours. These guys need 2 days for a service with no issues. Renault has a long way to go in terms of A.S.S.

Car has been really cleaned well and it looks spanking new and it's a pleasure to drive. They've done a good job there.
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 19:03   #310
BHPian

Have started seeing Lodgy cabs in my office parking lot recently, about 3 of them have been added to the fleet, yet to get a ride in one of them though. But I did speak to the drivers, they are happy about the mileage and are unhappy about the low ground clearance.

The bookings for the old Innova has stopped and the new one having a premium price, I thing more and more rentals and Cabs will be opting for the Lodgy.
Old 29th March 2016, 17:09   #311
BHPian

Completed my first 1,000 km on the Lodgy. No complaints yet. Expected a big change moving from a Jetta to a Lodgy, but surprisingly the transition has been smooth.

I am really enjoying driving it. The mileage has been around 13-14. I think I can improve it by 1-2 easily. Planning first long ride this weekend to Bengaluru.
Old 1st April 2016, 09:37   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsank78 View Post
Completed my first 1,000 km on the Lodgy. No complaints yet. Expected a big change moving from a Jetta to a Lodgy, but surprisingly the transition has been smooth.

I am really enjoying driving it. The mileage has been around 13-14. I think I can improve it by 1-2 easily. Planning first long ride this weekend to Bengaluru.
From the Jetta to the Lodgy, the transition is huge! How do you find the engine performance vis-a-vis the Jetta? I know the Jetta is a torque machine and not an apple to apple comparison. But, I'm interested in your perspective.
Old 1st April 2016, 17:03   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
From the Jetta to the Lodgy, the transition is huge! How do you find the engine performance vis-a-vis the Jetta? I know the Jetta is a torque machine and not an apple to apple comparison. But, I'm interested in your perspective.
Of course a Jetta is a Jetta. But unfortunately it want practical for me. I needed a 7 seater and I am happy with my decision.
Old 1st April 2016, 20:32   #314
BHPian

Hi all,
On 11th feb, our driver rear ended a bus while he was taking a curve. The bus had braked suddenly.

Damages were mostly on the body. The air bags didn’t get inflated. Luckily my dad and the driver were wearing the seatbelt and escaped unhurt.
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-img_1115.jpg
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-img_1117.jpg

The vehicle was in the service center for about 40 days. The total bill came to about Rs 1,86,000/-. Since our insurance company did not have a tie up with Renault, we had to settle the bill upfront and get the vehicle delivered
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-img_1394.jpg
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-img_1395.jpg
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-img_1396.jpg
Rameshdude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 06:25   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Hi all,
On 11th feb, our driver rear ended a bus while he was taking a curve. The bus had braked suddenly.

Damages were mostly on the body. The air bags didn’t get inflated. Luckily my dad and the driver were wearing the seatbelt and escaped unhurt.
Attachment 1492991
Attachment 1492992

The vehicle was in the service center for about 40 days. The total bill came to about Rs 1,86,000/-. Since our insurance company did not have a tie up with Renault, we had to settle the bill upfront and get the vehicle delivered
Attachment 1492993
Attachment 1492994
Attachment 1492995
Did you check with Renault why the air bags didn't work? Secondly were you able to claim the amount from your insurance company?

Most Viewed