Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2016, 21:54   #346
BHPian

Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

@bdutta. You have disabled reply to your PM. So here is my reply.

Sorry for the late reply I did not check the messages. Just yesterday I had my trip to Mantralayam from Bangalore close to 900kms. 110PS makes a huge difference on the highways as my friend owns 85 PS version and I have experience riding both. For city driving 85 PS works well as the turbo lag is not much. For highway the 110 PS car goes like a rocket and overtaking is butter smooth and confidence inspiring. For this trip we got a overall 18.5 kmpl with 5 adults and 2 kids on boards.
For most part of the journey on NH7 we averaged around 110KMPH so going to mantralayam was never tiring and we made in less than 6 hrs both ways including breaks.
raghutk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 18:10   #347
BHPian

Have they really stopped manufacturing the Lodgy? When I bought mine 2 months ago the salesman said discounts are to clear the 2015 stock. 2016 stock will take time to arrive. He didn't have a clear date.

My car had a sticker which said manufactured in July 2015.
Old 27th May 2016, 06:26   #348
BHPian

I came across this news today regarding the lodgy.

Renault India strategises to lift Lodgy's sinking sales

http://m.economictimes.com/industry/...w/52457638.cms
Old 1st June 2016, 23:10   #349
BHPian

Renault Lodgy Mileage Challenge

The attempt was to travel from Delhi to Mumbai, a distance of 1338 kms in a single tank of fuel i.e 50 litres.

The Lodgy has delivered impeccable fuel efficiency munching the distance consuming just 32.91 ltrs of fuel. The fuel efficiency achieved was 42 Kpl

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-lodgy_mileage_challenge_20052016.jpg.ximg.l_full_m.smart.jpg

The event was flagged of by Hormazd Sorabjee of Autocar India and Sumit Sawhney, MD, Renault India

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-lodgy1.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
Renault Lodgy : Official Review-lodgy.jpg  

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 1st June 2016 at 23:34.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 12:29   #350
BHPian

Have any of the Lodgy owners here had issues with ground clearance particularly when full?
Old 6th June 2016, 13:15   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Have any of the Lodgy owners here had issues with ground clearance particularly when full?
Not faced any problems yet. Have travelled with 5 passengers plus 2 suitcase and also with 7 people in total. No issues with GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Renault Lodgy Mileage Challenge

The attempt was to travel from Delhi to Mumbai, a distance of 1338 kms in a single tank of fuel i.e 50 litres.

The Lodgy has delivered impeccable fuel efficiency munching the distance consuming just 32.91 ltrs of fuel. The fuel efficiency achieved was 42 Kpl

Attachment 1513207

The event was flagged of by Hormazd Sorabjee of Autocar India and Sumit Sawhney, MD, Renault India

Attachment 1513208
32.91 is a very impressive number. Was any modification done to the car? In my Lodgy, the current mileage display doesn't go more than 29.9 km/l. Not sure if this is set by the company.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th June 2016 at 23:30. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!
Ehsank78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 13:39   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Yes, when the speed bumps are too sharp and not smoothly curved. My mud flaps came off from the front. No underbody hits just yet and I'm also careful to avoid suspicious aberrations on the road.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 13:55   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsank78 View Post
32.91 is a very impressive number. Was any modification done to the car? In my Lodgy, the current mileage display doesn't go more than 29.9 km/l. Not sure if this is set by the company.
The challenge was undertaken with only the test driver on board, no A/C, maintaining a constant speed of 50KMPH at 1000 RPM for most part of the journey.

The Lodgy consumed 32.91 ltrs of diesel for 1338 Kms yielding 42 Kpl mileage.

The mileage, 29.9kpl, you are getting is stupendous

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 6th June 2016 at 13:57.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 17:19   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
The challenge was undertaken with only the test driver on board, no A/C, maintaining a constant speed of 50KMPH at 1000 RPM for most part of the journey.

The Lodgy consumed 32.91 ltrs of diesel for 1338 Kms yielding 42 Kpl mileage.

The mileage, 29.9kpl, you are getting is stupendous
The best I have managed is around 21-22 without A/C.

29.9 km/hr is not the average but the actual mileage that shows in one of the screens. I am wondering if this doesn't go better than 29.9, how can I achieve 32.91 or 42?
Old 12th June 2016, 05:48   #355
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdutta View Post
Folks, While I'm sure no one can do a crystal ball, but I'm hoping that folks who have deep insights into how resale market and customer demand for used cars work, could you share your views about potential resale value of Lodgy in say 5 years ?
The incredibly lucrative offers are compelling me to consider Lodgy, which otherwise had scored very high in my personal evaluation in terms of drivability, ride-comfort, power i.e. in almost all technical/feature departments. However, the resellability is a big worry, especially in view of uncertain future of diesel vehicles (even though this is well below the 2000 cc current benchmark applied in Delhi by NGT). Unless there is a heavy uptake of this vehicle by cabbies, the resale would probably be pretty bad. Even outside India, Lodgy sales don't seem to be stellar. Also, if Renault doesn't come out with the new 2016 model (that are supposed to be cabbie friendly, and with AMT etc.), with zero inventory, this may be the death-knell. Otherwise, I don't mind keeping a car for it's nearly-full useful life (10+ years), to maximize value. What do you say ?
Thanks in anticipation.
cheers,
BD
Hello BD,

You're right, no one can do a crystal ball, but from what I've seen in this thread about the owners' feed back there really seems no reason to worry. The positives about the Lodgy seem to outweigh the bads by more than 5 to 1! The only point is durability & this is one area time will tell & where the Innova appears to be the gold-standard. And the one reason which springs to mind (or rather, two) is the Innova's body-on-chassis structure and - this I feel maybe the nub of the matter - its RWD. If Renault had just provided RWD, there would be no holding back the Lodgy. But economics & the bean counters always have the last word!

Mods, if you feel the above is OT, kindly excuse. I'll just repeat that this was purely a personal view & in no way detracts from the Lodgy's sterling qualities.
Old 12th June 2016, 09:50   #356
BHPian

If you are planning to keep the car for 10 plus years, I don't think resale value should matter much. On road price is around 13-14 lacs, how much do you expect after 10 years?

From what I read in newspaper recently, Renault is talking with government to sell lodgy for govt officials and also to the taxi's. So if this happens, lodgy's will continue on the roads.
I bought my car 3.5 months ago and don't regret the decision. I have done 2 long rides upto now and has been very comfortable. I would feel tiredness in my previous jetta during these rides. For some reason driving the lodgy feels very comfortable, maybe due to the high seating position.
Old 6th July 2016, 07:53   #357
BHPian

Renault has found a reason to slash the price of Lodgy. 5 year celebration. My question is why only celebrate on Lodgy, not other cars? Anyways Renault were looking for a good reason to give discounts. Hope the sales improve.

Renault Lodgy Prices Slashed as Part of 5 Year Celebrations; Starts at Rs. 7.59 Lakh - News
http://m.carandbike.com/news/renault...from=home-auto
Old 10th July 2016, 21:00   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsank78 View Post
Renault has found a reason to slash the price of Lodgy. 5 year celebration. My question is why only celebrate on Lodgy, not other cars? Anyways Renault were looking for a good reason to give discounts. Hope the sales improve.

Renault Lodgy Prices Slashed as Part of 5 Year Celebrations; Starts at Rs. 7.59 Lakh - News
http://m.carandbike.com/news/renault...from=home-auto
Dear All

Renault is really working hard to increase sales nos. The price drop and heavy discounts hope would work for rise in volumes. I booked a Lodgy 110 stepway for a good deal. The sales guys collected the cheque yesterday at 10.30pm. They were late as they had to crack a RXZ 7 seater deal for 4nos.

I am upgrading from Ertiga ZDI to Lodgy. Had a amazing experience with 1.3DDis, 4yrs With Dzire and 4 yrs with Ertiga. Tried to get updates on1.6 ertiga but could not sense it within near future. After going through all the reviews on net, espicially from team-BHP decided to book one.

Feeling confident to have a delightdul journey with renault lodgy with all of you. Shall come back with next updates very soon.
Old 17th July 2016, 15:01   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Wagle View Post

Dear All

Renault is really working hard to increase sales nos. The price drop and heavy discounts hope would work for rise in volumes. I booked a Lodgy 110 stepway for a good deal. The sales guys collected the cheque yesterday at 10.30pm. They were late as they had to crack a RXZ 7 seater deal for 4nos.

I am upgrading from Ertiga ZDI to Lodgy. Had a amazing experience with 1.3DDis, 4yrs With Dzire and 4 yrs with Ertiga. Tried to get updates on1.6 ertiga but could not sense it within near future. After going through all the reviews on net, espicially from team-BHP decided to book one.

Feeling confident to have a delightdul journey with renault lodgy with all of you. Shall come back with next updates very soon.
Dear all

My 110Ps lodgy will arrive in next 2 days. They have offered me whole body waxoyl protection. Can any one guide me how can i verify wether is done or not or it is just a discount freebie.
Old 19th July 2016, 15:45   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Wagle View Post
Dear all

My 110Ps lodgy will arrive in next 2 days. They have offered me whole body waxoyl protection. Can any one guide me how can i verify wether is done or not or it is just a discount freebie.
Congrats. Hope its a good decision. My lodgy is almost 5 months old now and I don't regret it buying it and the whole family loves it.

Regarding the waxoyl protection, not sure its the same. They offered me 3M complete protection.

Most Viewed