Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2020, 10:54   #451
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsank78 View Post
Does anyone know what the problem is? The car has run 44,000 km.
Does the car show any indication light (Engine check, ODB fault)?

You should ask your Renault ASC to swap out the part that costs 1.2 Lac and demonstrate to you that the problem has been solved. The high value items that might be the culprit in the situation you describe could be:
  • Fuel pump
  • Fuel injectors
  • Turbocharger
  • Clutch + Flywheel + related parts
  • ECM
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 16:24   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
As you have mentioned, the clutch alone will not cost 1.2L. There is something major which needs replacement.

Did your mechanic change the flywheel along with the whole clutch kit? That entire job with labour may well be 70,000.

Clearly, since the problem still exists, something else is still broken.
The mechanic has checked once again and found out that the problem is with the fuel pump. The whole tank needs to be replaced and has quoted 70k + labour.

Easier flywheel and whole clutch kit was replaced
Old 2nd November 2020, 16:26   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Does the car show any indication light (Engine check, ODB fault)?

You should ask your Renault ASC to swap out the part that costs 1.2 Lac and demonstrate to you that the problem has been solved. The high value items that might be the culprit in the situation you describe could be:
  • Fuel pump
  • Fuel injectors
  • Turbocharger
  • Clutch + Flywheel + related parts
  • ECM
There was an indication light, but it comes and goes. When checked in the manual it tells to stop the car and take it to service station. Some major problem.

The mechanic has found that the fuel pump needs replacement. Hope this solves the issue. it is another bomb. 70k + labour
Old 2nd November 2020, 16:39   #454
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The mechanic has found that the fuel pump needs replacement. Hope this solves the issue. it is another bomb. 70k + labour
Just check this link

https://oriparts.com/35/195/1381/419683#item_9033188

Neither the fuel tank nor the pump cost 70K+. Alternatively, if it is just the pump, they should be able to replace just that.

There is another high pressure fuel pump near the engine which feeds the injectors. That is an expensive part.

https://oriparts.com/35/195/1381/428026

Click on the red 'Buy' link to see the market price of the spares.

What did the trusted source from outside the ASC do to your car for 70K? Flywheel and clutch replacement was not required for a vehicle with 44k on the ODO.

Leaving that aside, it is better you log this case with the customer care of Renault so that it is taken seriously by the dealer and not just brushed aside like the recent fleecing these guys have started after 4-5 months of running the workshop with poor revenues.

Last edited by Tgo : 2nd November 2020 at 16:41.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 16:51   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Neither the fuel tank nor the pump cost 70K+. Alternatively, if it is just the pump, they should be able to replace just that.

There is another high pressure fuel pump near the engine which feeds the injectors. That is an expensive part.

What did the trusted source from outside the ASC do to your car for 70K? Flywheel and clutch replacement was not required for a vehicle with 44k on the ODO.
I had a feeling it was the fuel pump (something to do with fuel delivery) from your specific symptoms, rather than the clutch. Yes they did change the clutch & flywheel, but I think if the issue was diagnosed correctly at the beginning, you could’ve tried replacing the fuel pump first, before moving onto the clutch.

Why does the fuel tank need to be changed? That doesn’t make any sense. Even if its dirty/clogged/contaminated, it can be cleaned & re-used. Is it cracked/broken in any way? The tank itself costs 28,714 + labour (OEM) - https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-172028941r-32584287/

Do you often run the car low on fuel before refuelling? It may sound odd, but fuel is actually used to lubricate the fuel pump inside the tank, so if you run the vehicle on fumes, it can prematurely burn out the fuel pump.

Change the fuel filter first (2,888 for the OEM filter) - https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-164039594r-32583446/ before changing the pump itself.

To save some $$$, it may be worthwhile searching for just the OEM fuel pump (if you can), rather than replacing the entire fuel pump assembly consisting of the pump, float & sending unit.

Lastly, I think it may be time for you to start a search for a new FNG just to get a good initial diagnosis/second opinion on things.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 2nd November 2020 at 16:54.
Old 2nd November 2020, 17:41   #456
BHPian

Just had a talk with the mechanic. He says Clutch and flywheel was replaced because the flywheel was rusted and there was problem with the clutch. They didn't suspect any other problem.
Now after checking, they found out that the high pressure pump is spoilt and needs replacement. He assures me that the car will be as good as new after this.
Old 2nd November 2020, 17:42   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
I had a feeling it was the fuel pump (something to do with fuel delivery) from your specific symptoms, rather than the clutch. Yes they did change the clutch & flywheel, but I think if the issue was diagnosed correctly at the beginning, you could’ve tried replacing the fuel pump first, before moving onto the clutch.

Why does the fuel tank need to be changed? That doesn’t make any sense. Even if its dirty/clogged/contaminated, it can be cleaned & re-used. Is it cracked/broken in any way? The tank itself costs 28,714 + labour (OEM) - https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-172028941r-32584287/

Do you often run the car low on fuel before refuelling? It may sound odd, but fuel is actually used to lubricate the fuel pump inside the tank, so if you run the vehicle on fumes, it can prematurely burn out the fuel pump.

Change the fuel filter first (2,888 for the OEM filter) - https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-164039594r-32583446/ before changing the pump itself.

To save some $$$, it may be worthwhile searching for just the OEM fuel pump (if you can), rather than replacing the entire fuel pump assembly consisting of the pump, float & sending unit.

Lastly, I think it may be time for you to start a search for a new FNG just to get a good initial diagnosis/second opinion on things.
I do wait till the low fuel indicator shows up before refueling.
Ehsank78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 21:59   #458
BHPian

This looks like a very severe replacement considering the car's mileage and age. Even cars with triple this mileage shouldn't require this. I hope you get all this sorted out at the company's expense.
Also, 30k for an OEM fuel tank seems very expensive. Try contacting scrapyards who might have a cheaper unit. Also get a second and if needed a third opinion. Don't trust anyone when it comes to such a big expense.

Last edited by Cessna182 : 2nd November 2020 at 22:03.
Old 2nd November 2020, 22:43   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Just check this link

https://oriparts.com/35/195/1381/419683#item_9033188

https://oriparts.com/35/195/1381/428026

Click on the red 'Buy' link to see the market price of the spares.

Leaving that aside, it is better you log this case with the customer care of Renault so that it is taken seriously by the dealer and not just brushed aside like the recent fleecing these guys have started after 4-5 months of running the workshop with poor revenues.

OT:
Nice link.
Why does it show two version of terrano(same for duster) , both from same year. Any idea which is the indian version?
Old 3rd November 2020, 12:44   #460
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just had a talk with the mechanic. He says Clutch and flywheel was replaced because the flywheel was rusted and there was problem with the clutch. They didn't suspect any other problem.
Now after checking, they found out that the high pressure pump is spoilt and needs replacement. He assures me that the car will be as good as new after this.
Was your car affected by a flood anytime in the past?

Flooded cars usually have their clutch plates stick to the flywheel when they are soaked in water. Also, there might be a possibility that water might have gone in the tank which might have made your high pressure pump go bad.

Did you ever get a Water in Fuel Filter warning on the dash?

Leakage in the fuel tank is difficult but possible and might be the reason why they are asking to change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Why does it show two version of terrano(same for duster) , both from same year. Any idea which is the indian version?
The versions are different due to different updates to the cars. I usually go with HSM3 for my 110 PS Duster. I have not bought very expensive parts from the website either. The most I have spent was on the rear shocks. For high value parts, it is better to confirm the part number with the ASC where they enter your vehicle's VIN and get a list of the most updated parts compatible with your car.

Last edited by ajmat : 14th May 2021 at 20:25.
Old 8th November 2020, 14:21   #461
BHPian

Happy to inform that the problem is solved. Have driven 150+ km without any issues. The problem was with the Hi pressure pump.

Spent about 1.5 lacs for the clutch pad, flywheel and the pump. As this was done outside the Renault service center the cost was reasonable. Renault was quoting 1.2 L just for the clutch pad and flywheel.
Ehsank78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 22:39   #462
BHPian

How much would a Stepway edition 2016 model top end mode cost today?
Old 14th May 2021, 19:28   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
How much would a Stepway edition 2016 model top end mode cost today?
I have shortlisted a pre worshipped 2016 110bhp Lodgy Stepway RXZ with 60k odo and I have been quoted 4.45lacs for the same post negotiation. However, I'll have to shell out around 55k more for 5 year road tax renewal next month.

After going through the overall fuss free ownership reviews here, I have decided to go for it but the seller doesn't have the owner's manual. I'll be taking the car to ASS for oil and fluid change right after delivery so it'll be great if someone can share a snap of the service / part change schedule from the manual. I'm also keen on knowing if it is the right time to change the timing belt or wether it's good to go as of now.
Old 14th May 2021, 21:13   #464
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.91 View Post
I have shortlisted a pre worshipped 2016 110bhp Lodgy Stepway RXZ with 60k odo and I have been quoted 4.45lacs for the same post negotiation. However, I'll have to shell out around 55k more for 5 year road tax renewal next month.

After going through the overall fuss free ownership reviews here, I have decided to go for it but the seller doesn't have the owner's manual. I'll be taking the car to ASS for oil and fluid change right after delivery so it'll be great if someone can share a snap of the service / part change schedule from the manual. I'm also keen on knowing if it is the right time to change the timing belt or wether it's good to go as of now.
Its NOT quite fuss free. It sold in less numbers, so all the fuss it has is discussed on the Duster threads. The 110 PS engine is prone to injector failure due to being very sensitive to fuel quality.

Note down the vehicle VIN number and get the vehicle service history from a Renault service center for the vehicle. It will tell you what all the car went in for and what all work was done on it. Share the VIN with me if you want me to help you get this detail.

With 60K on the ODO if your car goes in for the 60K / 5th Year Service service, you are looking at the following basic maintenance items which cannot be skipped:
  • Fuel Filter
  • Air Filter
  • Oil Filter
  • Cabin Filter
  • Timing Belt Kit
  • Accessory Belt Kit
  • Oil Change
  • Coolant Change
  • Clutch/Brake Oil Change
  • Greasing and lubrication etc.
  • Wheel Balancing and Alignment
Cost of all this would come close to INR 17-18,000/-

Some other items I think the car would be needing soon are:
  • Brake Pads
  • Brake Discs
  • A Set of New Tyres
Tgo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 22:33   #465

Quote:
Its NOT quite fuss free. It sold in less numbers, so all the fuss it has is discussed on the Duster threads. The 110 PS engine is prone to injector failure due to being very sensitive to fuel quality.

Note down the vehicle VIN number and get the vehicle service history from a Renault service center for the vehicle. It will tell you what all the car went in for and what all work was done on it. Share the VIN with me if you want me to help you get this detail.
Thanks for the list of items that needs to be replaced in the 60k service. I'm going through the duster threads to acquaint myself with the issues i might have to look out for. I have fair idea of vehicles and have test driven the car and also got it checked by a trusted mechanic. The turbo, engine, break pads and shockers are in good condition. The battery and 4 tires have been replaced at around 45k (apollo alnac 4gs with mfg date 2019) but the last 2 oil change were not done at ASS as per the information shared by the seller. I called up ASS to confirm that the last service was at 29k in 2019. If you could help me out with the exact parts changed at ASS it'll be of great help. The vin is MEEJSRKF9F7000579. I don't have direct contact with owner as I'm buying through a dealer (who's known to me).
Sam.91 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks