Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2015, 15:38   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

We have made the down payment and completed all the initial formalities. Bank loan is also sanctioned. Now waiting for the car to arrive at dealer stock yard. Dealer called up yesterday and said that the car should arrive by this Friday or Saturday. Fingers crossed.
Old 2nd June 2015, 16:25   #197
BHPian

Aadya says July for delivery for a pre-booking done in early May.
Looks like Tatas are not building any inventory this time. Will it come to haunt them later ?
Old 2nd June 2015, 17:05   #198
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
We have made the down payment and completed all the initial formalities. Bank loan is also sanctioned. Now waiting for the car to arrive at dealer stock yard. Dealer called up yesterday and said that the car should arrive by this Friday or Saturday. Fingers crossed.
Congratulations!

Waiting for the car to arrive is such a difficult task!

All the best for it and have a happy and long -shiftless ownership!

I guess you'll be getting a May 2015 vehicle, mostly. have you got the VIN?
Old 2nd June 2015, 18:19   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
JayD - In Kottayam, dealer's commitment is 6 weeks for delivery post order formalities.

Sadly Cochin dealer is clueless on what is going on like when I called first for a test drive.

AMC for 11k looks too much for NANO. But no scope for negotiation or offers at this stage as it seems. I am offered 20K as exchange bonus against my Alto. And two years Gold AMC free for corporate purchases.

Anyways I have made up my mind to buy the NANO XMA. But thinking if I should wait for couple of months more or just buy it immediately.

If you are OK booking in cochin, let me know. Here it is about 4xxx for the 3 year gold amc , and delivery on the 15th.

Also, I would suggest you look at the XTA, rather than the Xma. The price differential of 20k is more than made up by the additional kit on offer .

The dealer in cochin has 40 cars being dispatched from the factory today, and out of that only one XMA is coming, rest all top end.
Old 3rd June 2015, 01:31   #200
BHPian

Concorde home-delivered my XTA today. Managed this without me ever setting foot on their showroom. Car was ready three days ago but sunroof & alloy fitment caused some delay. Seat covers will be fitted tomorrow at residence. Remote hatch release is under Tata's internal approval process: their accessories manager promised a home fitment within 10 days.

All payments made through NEFT - INR 3,61,454 OTR South Mumbai + 27K for accessories so far.

Wife is the targeted user for the car. She's still learning, though she made some astonishing progress with this creepy (!) automatic today.

First impressions (didn't test drive the car before - purchase based solely on T-BHP inputs!):

Compact exterior, roomy interior. High driver's position felt almost like the Omni's. Engine felt noisy after my City.

Took her for a 20 km spin to Marine Drive-Pedder Rd and back. The pump attendant was confused when I said 20 lts. Eventually the tank took in 25.2 lts.

AMT was a blessing in stop-start traffic, though I nearly got rear-ended when my itchy left foot pressed the brake thinking it to be the clutch. Slow paced traffic & sluggish a drum brake eventually saved the day....

Had to get used to Santro taxis overtaking left and right at initial speeds on Marine Dr. The ride was a tad bumpy at higher speeds but comfortable overall.

I quickly switched the AMT to Sport mode - no great shakes, but this is going to be the mode for me. Gear shifts are palpable but not too intrusive. The creep function both in fwd and reverse modes is very nifty. Reversing up a bump needs some coaxing as creeping halts at a seemingly steep foothill. Parking is a breeze however. Felt the 'rubberband' phenomenon while leaving the kerb. Overall the AMT needs some getting used to.

AC is indeed bone-chilling! Soaked up Mumbai's afternoon heat & humidity effortlessly. Speedo display is intuitive & informative. Bluetooth pairing works well. The cockpit is more advanced than my 2006 CityGxi!

Overall pleased with my latest acquisition, more for the wife who is beaming today
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_2606.jpg  

Poseidon is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 06:23   #201
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new acquisition! I can confidently predict that yours will be the first of many more Nano A(M)Ts in this forum.
Finally Tata Motors have done something 'terribly' right. An AT at this price point with all the pluses the Nano brings to the table will bring in the crowds. Me thinks folks will be more than willing to take a chance especially people shopping for a 2nd car (or 3rd) to use in the city. And if it is relatively trouble free coupled with decent service, the cash registers will keep ringing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
Concorde home-delivered my XTA today.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd June 2015 at 07:20. Reason: Trimming quoted text
Old 3rd June 2015, 06:46   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Car was ready three days ago but sunroof & alloy fitment caused some delay. Seat covers will be fitted tomorrow at residence. Remote hatch release is under Tata's internal approval process: their accessories manager promised a home fitment within 10 days.
Congratulations on your new ride! She looks ravishing in that shade of purple indeed. Pardon me but I ask these questions out of curiosity:
1. They provide a sunroof as an accessory? Is it openable? Would be great if you could post some pics of this attachment. If its a real sunroof they might get another customer for it (me! )
2. Remote hatch release is an accessory or an addition that will come on future models?
Old 3rd June 2015, 08:44   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations!

Waiting for the car to arrive is such a difficult task!

All the best for it and have a happy and long -shiftless ownership!

I guess you'll be getting a May 2015 vehicle, mostly. have you got the VIN?
Thanks Anurag! We have not received VIN yet. We should be getting it in a couple of days.

However, I have told him that do not send car for registration until I am thoroughly satisfied with my own inspection of the car. He said "People rarely do that sir, because we are reliable".
I said all TeamBHP members will always do that irrespective of dealer being reliable or not. If you are not letting me do that inspection, then I can cancel the booking and go to another dealer. Then he was all apologetic and all and accepted my request (order).

So most likely, I will do my verification & validation (Ya I am Software QA Lead ) on Saturday and the car will go for registration on Monday. Lets see.
Old 3rd June 2015, 09:38   #204
BHPian

Nano GenX deliveries have begun (obvious since a T-BHPian has already got his). But liked the neat arrangement and the red carpet, very unlike Tata-ish.

Kudos !!!

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-tatananogenxexterior52168_l.jpg

Source: http://www.carwale.com/news/18861-ta...ies-begin.html
sachinayak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:48   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Concorde home-delivered my XTA today. Managed this without me ever setting foot on their showroom.
Congratulations on the purchase! Do post more pics and your ownership thread. I'd love to see how the sunroof looks and works.

And good to hear that TML dealers do come through so nicely.

Quote:
AMT was a blessing in stop-start traffic, though I nearly got rear-ended when my itchy left foot pressed the brake thinking it to be the clutch...
Completely agree. It's a big transition coming from a manual. I suffered it while sitting next to a friend who was doing a TD for a Skoda Rapid. Start, reach 15kph and press the brake. My first thought was to check if anyone was behind.
Old 4th June 2015, 12:14   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Concorde home-delivered my XTA today. Managed this without me ever setting foot on their showroom. Car was ready three days ago but sunroof & alloy fitment caused some delay..
Poseidon, congratulations on the GenX Nano. Can you post few pics of the sunroof? will be interesting to look at.
Old 4th June 2015, 13:13   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Concorde home-delivered my XTA today. Managed this without me ever setting foot on their showroom. Car was ready three days ago but sunroof & alloy fitment caused some delay. Seat covers will be fitted tomorrow at residence. Remote hatch release is under Tata's internal approval process: their accessories manager promised a home fitment within 10 days.
Congratulations on the first Nano Automatic in the forum - nice to read that you got a nice experience, even without going to the showroom once. As many have requested before, please do post the photos of the sun roof. I hope you will soon start an ownership thread - itching to read more about buying the car from the comfort of home

--Anoop
Old 4th June 2015, 13:59   #208
BHPian

I had been to Mohandas Motors to get my Nano serviced and in the mean time, took a test drive of the GenX AMT! Very friendly SA and coming to the car, the overall quality is tremendously better in comparison to the 2010 Nano.

Exterior

Paint quality is great and it looks better than in pictures. Even the modifications to the lights look well done. With the alloys on, they would look even better.

Interior

WOW is the first word i uttered - the main thing being the steering wheel which enhances the look and feel really well. The seats are really supportive, the gear stick in the AMT looks meaty and of good quality, all the pillars are clad and the switch gear look good too! On the negative side - no bottle holders and the glove boxes are not consistent in operation. The open dash in my Nano serves more usable space than this tiny unit.

Test-Drive

Felt immediately comfortable with the new seats and the steering wheel. I could easily rest my left foot on the dead pedal. This is the first time that I'm driving an automatic and it felt so easy. The creep function was working well. But the low-end response and gear shifts in th Automatic mode are pretty sluggish! They might be fine for newbies, ladies, elderly, etc who would prefer a very safe drive. The main reason i felt this was because I drove the car on an up-hill route. On inclines where i would have revved a tad higher in second, the AMT would shift into third and pull so slowly like it's about to die - very foolish! That's when i tried the manual and that was helping things really well though there is a little lag in the shift speeds.

Put it in sports mode and yeah, shifts improve really well (i'm talking about inclines in particular). The car revved pretty decently and was way more realistic as how I would have used the car with a manual tranny. The car brisked up the inclines very smoothly in the sports mode and even my sister felt really comfortable driving it. NVH is really down now, A/C is awesome! I didn't like the black finish on the centre console as it looked a bit cheesy and shiny. Boot looked decent too.

Overall, I almost gave in to exchange my car for the new GenX manual but stopped myself with dreams of a bigger car in two years. But anyone who intends for a city runabout, look for nothing else than the Nano.

And the pricing is spot on. People blaming about it's pricing - I don't know how to answer you even. Eg -

Nano 2010 LX - 2,08,000 on road - AC, Two Power windows, fog lamps, One ORVM

2014 Twist XT - 2,86,000 on road - Nano 2010 LX plus Power steering, Two ORVM, 12V Power outlet, Better seats, Wheel caps, MID, Audio System with four speakers, Remote Central Locking

Nano GenX manual - 2,97,000 on Road - Nano Twist XT + Bigger fuel tank, Openable and tad bigger boot, better NVH and meaty steering wheel!

AMT is 25,000 - 30,000 rupees more than the corresponding manual version. Nano GenX XTA is Rs . 3,37,000 on road. They're still running the 20,000 exchange initial launch offer.

According to the SA, there have been 80+ bookings for the GenX and the AMT has been booked mainly by ladies and the elderly.

Great buy anyday!

Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 14:07   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
I could easily rest my left foot on the dead pedal. This is the first time that I'm driving an automatic and it felt so easy.
Dead Pedal? What dead pedal? I didn't see that in the test drive vehicle here at Bangalore. If you do get a chance to visit the place again, would you enquire if it is retro fittable?
Old 4th June 2015, 14:25   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Dead Pedal? What dead pedal? I didn't see that in the test drive vehicle here at Bangalore. If you do get a chance to visit the place again, would you enquire if it is retro fittable?

Attaching the image from the Official TBHP Test Drive. I think it's a standard fitment. Maybe you missed it out since it's not so high off the floor.
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-tatananogenxamt13.jpg
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks