Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 21:25   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Wow! INR 8773 for Alloys in exchange to old rims and wheel cup is really welcoming. My XTA will also come up with alloy wheels then.

Was sunroof installed at factory or at Concorde? As mentioned it makes the car even more roomier. Let me leave that choice to dad as it could be a subjective liking.

Now the problem is; after seeing all the pictures, I am now puzzled whether to get Red or Purple .
Old 4th June 2015, 21:46   #227
BHPian

Correction its 9258+12.5% VAT = 10415/- I paid for those alloys.

Also note 1500/- installation charge for sunroof.

Plz refer to the invoice I posted above.
Poseidon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 22:17   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
Sunroof is non-retractable as one can see. Adds airiness to already roomy cabin. Eagerly anticipating the sight of monsoon rain pattering on the sunroof. The Tata accessories mgr said the sunroof comes with a 5-yr warranty. He's evidently been using to on his Indigo since seven years without complaint.
Wow, never knew one can retrofit a sunroof in a car.

How is this sunroof 'fitted' in the car? The sheet metal of the roof is cut?
Old 4th June 2015, 22:40   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correction its 9258+12.5% VAT = 10415/- I paid for those alloys.

Also note 1500/- installation charge for sunroof.

Plz refer to the invoice I posted above.

Thank you for the detailed info. Will speak to my dealer tomorrow. They don't have much info, and the details shared by you will help.

Also, did you take insurance from the showroom? And how much was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Wow! INR 8773 for Alloys in exchange to old rims and wheel cup is really welcoming. My XTA will also come up with alloy wheels then.

Was sunroof installed at factory or at Concorde? As mentioned it makes the car even more roomier. Let me leave that choice to dad as it could be a subjective liking.

Now the problem is; after seeing all the pictures, I am now puzzled whether to get Red or Purple .
Even I was in the same dilemma, but red won eventually. From what I've heard, majority of the bookings are for red. So expect it to be a common sight soon. Purple will stand out, but might look dull without the right maintenence.

Regarding sunroofs, with the kind of climate we have here in kl, i suggest only factory fit. When a car comes with sunroof from the factory, it will have drain channels which run down the side of the car till the bottom, which will help drain out any water/ debris that might get stuck around the glass roof. This needs to be cleaned regularly, and I've noticed a fair bit of muck on all my 3 cars which have them. Without these, I guess the chance of rusting may be more. Else, one needs to take extra care to keep the area clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post

Yes. For fitting an aftermarket sunroof, the sheet metal and the inner rood liner will be cut. It is a precision job, to be done by experts.

Last edited by JayD : 4th June 2015 at 22:46.
Old 4th June 2015, 23:04   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I'm sure u meant "finally a car in production joining the garage! "

Booked my XTA, in sangria red. Expecting delivery next week!
Yes that is exactly what I meant. Please do take pictures of the historic day when you actually buy a current car. No pics or it didn't happen.

So when are you getting the remap? Before or after 1st service?
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 23:13   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Yes that is exactly what I meant. Please do take pictures of the historic day when you actually buy a current car. No pics or it didn't happen.

So when are you getting the remap? Before or after 1st service?

Haha! Will do! There is the new city too, which I'm sure will be in production for a long long time!

Remap only after the first service. Not recieved a confirmation from the rubber yet. Will have to read the ecu first and see. Apparently the ecu used is pretty cutting edge and not a poverty spec unit like what everyone expects.
JayD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 17:25   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pics of the sunroof from the inside attached at the end (please excuse the phone pics)
Looks really nice. Do post more photos of your beauty. On sunny days, is the tint sufficient enough to block the sunlight?

The seat cover looks good - any update from tata about the remote boot open accessory?

--Anoop
Old 5th June 2015, 17:29   #233
Team-BHP Support

/OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post

Do refer this thread - PICS : Sunroof Installation Procedure. Webasto @ Delhi
Old 5th June 2015, 20:59   #234
BHPian

a generational leap, but I wish Tata had given 3 point seat belts for the 2 rear passengers. In today's day and age, compromising on something so basic does not behove them as a group.
But then again, they have probably (and correctly) surmised that the average customer in India values a Bluetooth audio lot more than a 3-point seat belt.
Old 5th June 2015, 21:24   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
a generational leap, but I wish Tata had given 3 point seat belts for the 2 rear passengers. In today's day and age, compromising on something so basic does not behove them as a group.
But then again, they have probably (and correctly) surmised that the average customer in India values a Bluetooth audio lot more than a 3-point seat belt.
Considering that most will be buying this car for the wife/ family city runs, the rear seat belt is a big miss. Not for anything else, but for anchoring a child seat. Otherwise I wouldn't blame Tata for skimping on it solely because this being a city runabout, not many would use the same.

Another major point they skimped on is the Day / night inner rest view mirror. The original nano LX had it, why remove it for 'improved' versions?

The Tata guys here have no clue if it can be sourced. Looks like I'll have to do that on my own.
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 22:40   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
JayD :the rear seat belt is a big miss. Not for anything else, but for anchoring a child seat.
Jay, how many people in India use child seats, anyway ?
Old 5th June 2015, 23:18   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Jay, how many people in India use child seats, anyway ?
No numbers or percentages, but I'm sure it's more than the number of people who belt up in the rear seat for city commutes.

Also, everyone in my close friends circle who has a young child, has it in their car.

I made this point purely on the basis of feedback from my sister and a few other young mothers in our residential Colony, who were interested in buying the car, when it was brought down by the Tata motors person for a td.

The first question they asked was, " can I fit the baby seat In it?"
JayD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 23:21   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Considering that most will be buying this car for the wife/ family city runs, the rear seat belt is a big miss. Not for anything else, but for anchoring a child seat.
If you notice, there is a slot marked on the C pillar cladding to incorporate a three point seat-belt! I was just wondering if we could retro fit a three point seatbelt right there. Need to check that out too. If yes, that would solve the issue. I don't have a photo right now but will post tomorrow after clicking a pic.
Old 6th June 2015, 12:06   #239
BHPian

Any idea whether GenX Nano is available with CNG?
Old 6th June 2015, 12:42   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.adrenaline View Post
Any idea whether GenX Nano is available with CNG?
Currently unavailable, though had come across a news article where it was commented that the GenX in CNG variant would be launched in near future once extant CNG vehicles stock is exhausted.

However, there was no clarity provided if the CNG variant would have the AMT as an option too.

Most Viewed