Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2015, 11:43   #256
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Booked Sangria Red XTA on Friday. As per dealer XTA is readily available and they can deliver it right away, once the loan amount is disbursed. The sales guy told me that they have sold around 28 XTs (first time car buyers?) but only a couple of XTAs till now.

Besides that, the dealer's attitude, knowledge and the zeal to sell remains pathetic as always. This guy first told me that there is no AMC available for NANO but an extended warranty. He retreated once I told him that he is wrong. Afterwards, he asked me to talk to service guys regarding AMC as he is the sales guy and it wasn't his job. When asked about accessories, same reply, talk to people from accessory shop as he had no idea about it (when I asked about remote boot release - he hadn't heard about it). It was only when I told them that I am here to book the car the people started running around to gather the information required.

They searched their inbox for information on AMC but had no idea about how to print the email retrieved. And about accessories, they were like sunroof? NANO? remote boot release? really?
Old 8th June 2015, 13:18   #257
Team-BHP Support

Tata Motors has announced a new initiative for Nano customers. Dubbed 'The Chosen Ones', this campaign presents an opportunity for select GenX Nano customers to win a trip to the company's manufacturing facility at Sanand and witness the roll out of their own Nanos, which they have booked.

Join the discussion here (Nano GenX Customers: Win a trip to Tata's Sanand Factory).
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 16:46   #258
BHPian

Had a visit to KHT Motors yard to check out my XTA before they send it for registration. All colours except the pink were present there. But Damson Purple was in abundance. Even though I had placed an order for Royal Gold, I had to settle for the Damson Purple because did not want to wait any longer. Expecting to get the car this Friday.
For the White and Silver colours noticed that the interior centre console and the speaker bezels are of a brown colour which looks really fab. I felt it suits the dashboard colour well instead of the black and silver trims.
Old 9th June 2015, 18:35   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Has anyone in this forum from Bangalore taken a delivery of AMT ? I understand that deliveries were made in Pune last week.
Talked to the Concorde motors sales guy today(also).
He says only 2 AMT s have been delivered so far and 7 Manuals - also all these are for those who booked in April.As per him it is still in the plant being allocated based on color or something like that.He says 3-4 days.I dont expect AMTs to arrive for another 2 weeks at the least.
mail2sekh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 18:54   #260
BHPian

I got in touch with a TML person today who shared that there are 3000 bookings of XTA !! This was not anticipated by TML and hence no inventory was built up.

Failed Market Intelligence causing them to cash in on a potential game changing opportunity here.
LonelyPlanet is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 19:04   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sekh View Post
Talked to the Concorde motors sales guy today(also).
He says only 2 AMT s have been delivered so far and 7 Manuals - also all these are for those who booked in April.As per him it is still in the plant being allocated based on color or something like that.He says 3-4 days.I dont expect AMTs to arrive for another 2 weeks at the least.
The time frame of 2 weeks kind of tallies with what the sales guy from KHT told me. Have to wait at least another 2 weeks for any colour other than Damson Purple. I have a feeling Concorde might also have a lot of purples in hand. Looks like they expected more demand for purple or maybe nobody wants purple. Non AMTs were available in stock in more colours unbooked.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 22:14   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Sangria red is the most popular colour according to the dealers. Contrary to what you think, the dealers are not at all well stocked, especially the AMT versions. Most of the vehicles being dispatched are manuals, and the dealer here claims that only 400 odd AMT cars have been manufactured so far. Seems like Tata has goofed up again. It does not take a genius to understand that a low cost, high FE city runabout with automatic will ell like hot cakes in India
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
It's too early to jump the gun and blame the poor manufacturer, unless of course you have taken a liking to it. Two reasons:
1. 400 is too small a number and would have been enough just for test drive vehicles given their vast network. Besides here in India people pass on rumours and their illogical guesses just like credible info.
2. It doesn't take much time to adjust manufacturing line based on booking input from dealers unless there is problems in sourcing the AMT boxes.
The post below confirms what I mentioned earlier regarding production planning . I wasn't jumping the gun or blaming the manufacturer without any facts.

Not everyone who says something negative is interested in Brand Bashing . Reality is not rosy all the time .

Quote:
I got in touch with a TML person today who shared that there are 3000 bookings of XTA !! This was not anticipated by TML and hence no inventory was built up.

Failed Market Intelligence causing them to cash in on a potential game changing opportunity here.
Hope they get their act together soon
The stock yard here is filled with manuals with only a couple of auto variants seen .

What's surprising is that there seems to be a significant increase in the bookings for the manual variant too . I guess the amt version is drawing people who never took the nano seriously , to the showrooms and once they check out the car, realize that their perception about the car was wrong, and pick up what's available .

The logic may sound far fetched, but I see no other reason why a smiley grille and an opening tailgate, giving access to a tiny boot can increase interest in a car .
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 22:30   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

1. The pre-bookings & pre-launch enquiries
2. The biggest change in this version of the Nano is the AMT

Both the above points should have given TML a fair idea of what to expect.

If they did not read the message correctly, then they missed another opportunity. But if the constraint is elsewhere, say - the supply of the AMT units, then they cant be blamed.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 22:48   #264
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If they did not read the message correctly, then they missed another opportunity. But if the constraint is elsewhere, say - the supply of the AMT units, then they cant be blamed.
IIRC, aren't both Maruti Suzuki and Tata get AMT units from one supplier?

Or does Tata get them from ZF?
Old 9th June 2015, 23:04   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
IIRC, aren't both Maruti Suzuki and Tata get AMT units from one supplier?

Or does Tata get them from ZF?
Both Tata and Maruti use the same vendor. Magnetti Marelli. The Nano uses a more advanced system than all the other AMT cars in India though.
Old 9th June 2015, 23:31   #266
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post

Both Tata and Maruti use the same vendor. Magnetti Marelli. The Nano uses a more advanced system than all the other AMT cars in India though.
So in that case there is an acute shortage in supplies for AMT boxes from Magnetti Marelli.

During the time I was at Maruti for the booking and delivery of the K10 AMT, had quite some discussion with the sales manager where they were struggling to get cars from Maruti plant. Apart from my K10 there were around 200 bookings pending for the AMT variant for the Alto and Celerio.

So the actual reason for shortage / long waiting period for Nano AMT could be due to this very reason and not marketing lag.
Old 9th June 2015, 23:43   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
So in that case there is an acute shortage in supplies for AMT boxes from Magnetti Marelli.

During the time I was at Maruti for the booking and delivery of the K10 AMT, had quite some discussion with the sales manager where they were struggling to get cars from Maruti plant. Apart from my K10 there were around 200 bookings pending for the AMT variant for the Alto and Celerio.

So the actual reason for shortage / long waiting period for Nano AMT could be due to this very reason and not marketing lag.

The major difference here is that the Alto has been on sale for a while, and flying off the shelves. So Maruti is on a hand to mouth scenario with the boxes.

Tata motors displayed the amt nano in the 2014 Auto expo, and has taken its own sweet time to launch it.

It's been over a couple of months since we have seen Gen X Nano's being lined up in the factory, as part of building inventory, which they clearly had more than enough time to do. Despite that if they are struggling to deliver even the first round of bookings, then it points only to poor planning.
Old 10th June 2015, 11:13   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That must be very encouraging news for Tata Motors. They must keep deliveries flowing without a lot of delay. The AMT Nano has definitely created quite a buzz. They have an opportunity to create an Activa of four wheels here; hope they give their best to achieve that.
Old 10th June 2015, 12:02   #269
BHPian

Guys, look who's here

Got delivered day before evening and took her all the way to chennai yesterday. Drove it very sedately as it's the running in period and with lots of breaks in between. I'l be putting up an ownership thread soon. In short, the car is really good! It's a very worthy upgrade from the previous Nano.

The EPS is really good and way better than the Eon. It's really light in city speeds and above 70 kmph, it's pretty solid too. Compared to the old Nano (2010), this one is way more stable, be it straight line or in curves, and grips the road way better. Ride is better, A/C is better, seats are pretty good and the sound is so manageable now.

The best part i liked is the Steering wheel and switchgear combo that has been lifted from the Bolt/Zest. Their working is so soft and premium that it feels better than the Eon and Wagon-R.

I'm really happy with the upgrade and miss just a few things - the Day and Night ORVM and the sound on the outside feels more "put put" now though it's softer.

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20150609_070923804.jpg

Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 13:23   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Guys, look who's here

Cheers!
Wow, that was FAST. Booked on 6th and delivered on 9th? Congratulations and wish you countless happy miles.

Do post a more detailed drive report.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks