Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2016, 09:47   #931
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

What is the waiting time period for the Nano AMT now ? Once you give the deposit - how long does it take for delivery ? I am looking at the XTA version.

Also, did anyone buy the Nano amt in Hyderabad - and from which Tata dealer ?

The on road price for the XTA version seems to be around Rs.3.5 lakh in Hyderabad including the AMC. Thanks.
Old 28th April 2016, 13:42   #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltheking View Post
how long does it take for delivery ? I am looking at the XTA version.

Also, did anyone buy the Nano amt in Hyderabad - and from which Tata dealer ?
Not sure about delivery time now, for me it had taken one month when the car was launched.

I bought XTA from Malik Motors, Himayat nagar as it was near Office. Experience was OKish. No complaints. I got car within 3 hours of going there on the scheduled day.
rysk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 15:05   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Friends,

I am looking for an Automatic car within 4-4.5L budget.

Usage - Wifey driving to office/normal groceries/kids activities.
Go for the Nano XTA then, but before that have her drive the car, if possible, along the various routes she would normally take. This will enable her take a fair decision.

For ladies, this is the best option especially the usage you have mentioned above. I have found the small footprint of the Nano to be a boon when going for grocery shopping / dropping & picking the kids from their various activities. Car can be parked in tight spaces and the small turning radius ensures I dont get into tight spot.

Of late, even my Husband tries to sneak off in the Nano instead of his usual drive just for the ease of parking and the ground clearance.
X_T_A Rose is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 06:16   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysk View Post
for me it had taken one month when the car was launched.

I bought XTA from Malik Motors, Himayat nagar as it was near Office. Experience was OKish.

Thanks Rysk for the reply. Yeah there are not too many choices in Hyderabad - it's either Malik or Concorde. 1 month time is pretty good .

Do you also plan to take it to Malik for warranty issues & general service/ maintenance ? They have probably the biggest Tata workshop in Hyderabad at their Tolichowki location.
Old 1st May 2016, 09:00   #935
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Wish you a very happy Sunday.

Over the last two weeks, I have experienced twice a very upsetting behaviour by my Nano AMT.

Thiruvananthapuram is full of uphill and downhill stretches on roads. Twice as I was trying to reverse the car on an incline, the vehicle started flashing the "clutch overheated and burning" warning in my cluster. This was quite unnerving. The incline was very very gentle and I was hardly pressing the pedal beyond halfway. Since the Nano has very poor power while reversing the vehicle would not budge below this level.

I ignored the warning first time as it went out after a few seconds. The second time, it remained on for close to 30 minutes.

I approached focuz motors Thiruvananthapuram and the works manager informed me that he has changed clutch assembly in two Nano AMTs in the past week.

This is really worrying.

Has anyone else faced this problem on this forum?!!!
Old 1st May 2016, 11:54   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinkbottle View Post
I approached focuz motors Thiruvananthapuram and the works manager informed me that he has changed clutch assembly in two Nano AMTs in the past week.

This is really worrying.

Has anyone else faced this problem on this forum?!!!
If this is happening it is absolutely not fair. I hope the company provides a long term solution - maybe a more wear-resistant clutch plate to start with.
The official review had mentioned the uncertainty about the durability of the clutch and I really hope that something is done about this before it is too late. One year is nothing for a car and that too for an urban runabout.
The AMT is probably the last chance for the Nano to survive and if they manage to ruin this chance, the car will be a part of history.
Wishing you the best in getting this resolved.
Old 1st May 2016, 17:52   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Wish you a very happy Sunday.

Over the last two weeks, I have experienced twice a very upsetting behaviour by my Nano AMT.

I ignored the warning first time as it went out after a few seconds. The second time, it remained on for close to 30 minutes.

!
Are you feeling any judder when starting off on a plain road? If there is no problem with the vehicle pick up then this is not related to the clutch. The warning light comes on when the AMT unit gets overheated or there is insufficient oil in the AMT unit. Do you use the handbrake when starting of on an incline. How many kilometers has your car done?

Last edited by damodar : 1st May 2016 at 17:54.
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 17:55   #938
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
If this is happening it is absolutely not fair. I hope the company provides a long term solution - maybe a more wear-resistant clutch plate to start with.
The official review had mentioned the uncertainty about the durability of the clutch and I really hope that something is done about this before it is too late. One year is nothing for a car and that too for an urban runabout.
The AMT is probably the last chance for the Nano to survive and if they manage to ruin this chance, the car will be a part of history.
Wishing you the best in getting this resolved.
Hi... my car is one MONTH old, not one YEAR. Feeling quite upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Are you feeling any judder when starting off on a plain road? If there is no problem with the vehicle pick up then this is not related to the clutch. The warning light comes on when the AMT unit gets overheated or there is insufficient oil in the AMT unit. Do you use the handbrake when starting of on an incline. How many kilometers has your car done?
There is no such judder. As far as I know, the clutch is not a part of the AMT unit.
My car is new, just about 1200km and less than 45 days old.

Moderator's Note: Please avoid making dotty posts (writing... like... this...). People find it very difficult to read such posts.

We have edited your post this time.

Last edited by Zappo : 5th May 2016 at 13:07. Reason: Please take some time to learn the usage of Multiquote button. No back to back posts please. All Back to back posts merged.
Old 1st May 2016, 20:20   #939
BHPian

Quote:
There is no such judder. As far as i know, is the clutch not part of the AMT unit...
Please go through the manual on how to drive an AMT on steep gradients. Most people tend to use this car as a conventional automatic. Whenever you face any sort of incline immediately shift into manual mode to prevent the gearbox from shifting in the middle of the climb. Also use the handbrake to prevent the car from rolling back and don't depend on the engine power to hold the car. Follow these two points religiously then you should not have any problems with the clutch wearing prematurely. Posting some screen shots from the manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-screenshot_20160501201139.png  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-screenshot_20160501201030.png  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-screenshot_20160501202654.png  

Last edited by damodar : 1st May 2016 at 20:35.
damodar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 20:27   #940
BHPian

Quote:
There is no such judder. As far as i know, is the clutch not part of the AMT unit...

My car is new... just about 1200km...less than 45 days old
I get this warning at times. But not always. But whenever it comes on, i believe it is justified. Its either in heavy stop go traffic or when my wife practices reversing!
When the warning comes on, the creep functionality is disabled and the car will not move forward on releasing the brake. It will move only on pressing the accelerator.

My car is about a year old now and about 10000 km run in Bangalore city. I see no problem with the clutch or the AMT unit as such even though this light comes up intermittently. Suggest you to do due diligence and get it examined from TASS for the AMT oil levels once, get the code cleared and then just ignore the warning after that if you think it is working correctly.

Do not worry about replacing clutch. Even if you end up doing that, it is a minor work and it will be perfectly done!
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:30   #941
BANNED

Dear BHPians. Thank you for the time and effort spent in going through my concern and responding to the same. Very highly appreciated.

Last edited by Zappo : 5th May 2016 at 13:08.
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:49   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Dear BHPians... Thank you for the time and effort spent in going through my concern and responding to the same... Very highly appreciated.
Hello Blueinkbottle, what did the dealer say, has this been resolved now. What steps were taken to resolve?
Old 5th May 2016, 10:14   #943
BHPian

Hello everyone.

I took delievery of Nano XTA from Pratham Motors BTM on 4th April and I am enjoying the practicality offered by the Nano.
However, my experience has been marred by the underwhelming experience in dealing with the sales department.
1) I had asked for B2B insurance and had offered to pay the difference over the insurance which was being given for free. This was not done.
2) Inspite of repeated follow up, I have still not received the body cover which was part of the agreement.
3) Even after a month I still have not received details about the AMC which I had opted for. They are claiming that I should have received an email with the details but I haven't. Is there a paper document that I should receive? If so when should I get? I could not ask the sales guy on the delivery day as he was on leave and the delivery was handled by someone else.

Here are a few pictures of my Nano.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20160331_165643.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20160331_165827.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20160331_165834.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20160408_131353.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20160408_131402.jpg  

Old 5th May 2016, 16:26   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post

3) Even after a month I still have not received details about the AMC which I had opted for. They are claiming that I should have received an email with the details but I haven't. Is there a paper document that I should receive? If so when should I get? I could not ask the sales guy on the delivery day as he was on leave and the delivery was handled by someone else.
Congrats on your nano! Mine is the same colour too and its my second one. I had the same question about AMC booklet when I took delivery of mine. I got a separate booklet detailing the terms & conditions when I got my first nano. Now they told me that there is no separate booklet and it is included in the blue welcome kit folder that you would have received with your car. One leaf in this book is for the AMC. If you opt for AMC, the dealer will fill up this page and stamp it. And AMC can be used anywhere and not only at the particular dealer. You could confirm if this is true.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 16:31   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Congrats on your nano! Mine is the same colour too and its my second one. I had the same question about AMC booklet when I took delivery of mine. I got a separate booklet detailing the terms & conditions when I got my first nano. Now they told me that there is no separate booklet and it is included in the blue welcome kit folder that you would have received with your car. One leaf in this book is for the AMC. If you opt for AMC, the dealer will fill up this page and stamp it. And AMC can be used anywhere and not only at the particular dealer. You could confirm if this is true.
Thank you. I will check the booklet tonight. The sales team or an email from Tata could at least inform the customer of the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks