Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2017, 10:48   #1216

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Sawyer, arjithin, Bibin and sandsun7

Thank you all for the responses.
I plan to make the booking on Saturday for the 2016 Blue Nano XTA.

sandsun7,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Nano comes with 4 years/60K standard warranty. Also, what Bibin is referring to is the 2 year AMC package which was being offered free of cost during September to december last year. The AMC is a comprehensive one including even plastic rubber and wear and tear parts like brake drums etc and even consumables like oil, filters etc. The MRP of the package was 3400 odd IIRC. Don't know whether they still provide this free of cost. Which city are you planning to get the car at? Bibin I reckon got it in Kerala. Offers are usually different across states. Kerala always had better offers for Nano - I don't know why.

Missed your earlier question about which city I am buying it from.
I am buying it from Hyson Thrissur.

You are right about the part of Nano offers being better at Kerala.
Concorde motors Bangalore is giving only 25K off on 2016 models and no discounts on 2017 models.

Warmest Regards
Old 17th March 2017, 18:19   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Missed your point here. Would you please elaborate.
Probably hinting at the rear engine Nano, in good jest
InControl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 19:57   #1218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
Probably hinting at the rear engine Nano, in good jest
Actually the lil' boot does get a trifle warm thanks to the engine heat.
wilful is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 18:16   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Painted wheel caps to black, see photos below
Just washed the caps and painted with a spray paint can. One can of 400ml is good enough for a decent finish.

(Note: I am aware of paint missing at rim boundary which is seen in the pic, will fix it when I wash it next time)

Changed the headlights to LED, thread up in DIY section
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20170318_130820987.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20170318_130828760.jpg  

arjithin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 10:18   #1220
BHPian

Yesterday got the 2nd Servicing (1Year / 10K) done for my Nano XTA.

I had complained about jerkiness in first gear and on the OBD scan the folks could see some error code. It was something like Can Bus failure or something to that effect. The guys there cleared all the errors. Though I know that is not the correct fix, yet the jerkiness is completely gone. Gear changes go un-noticed now, with a very light foot.

Apart from that, had a few other complains like wiper washer not functioning properly. It used to throw water for a couple of seconds and then stop. This has been corrected.
The other thing was, I could hear the belt noise, again they have adjusted the same and the noise is gone now.

I am too lazy to visit an independent wheel balancing and alignment shop and thus got the same done there.

The total bill came to Rs.140/- for the entire servicing! Thanks to the Gold AMC I had opted for while purchasing the car. Am I smiling from ear to ear?

In all, it was a good experience at Concorde Motors, Baner, though I am more than sure, I will have to visit them again for the jerky nature of first gear.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 10:24   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Yesterday got the 2nd Servicing (1Year / 10K) done for my Nano XTA.

The total bill came to Rs.140/- for the entire servicing! Thanks to the Gold AMC I had opted for while purchasing the car. Am I smiling from ear to ear?

In all, it was a good experience at Concorde Motors, Baner, though I am more than sure, I will have to visit them again for the jerky nature of first gear.
Just wondering why did they charge you 140? I too have teh Gold AMC from Concorde Baner (2014 Twist XT). Till date I've run through the following
1. Change of Suspensions (Front & Back)
2. Regular Servicing
3. WA/WB

I've not paid anything till now as the two year service AMC takes care of all consumables and labor charges as well.
kutoos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 10:25   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post

I have been a regular vistor to Concorde Baner since 2011. I have always had a very good experience there, and most SA's know me by face.

Yesterday, I got my car with 3-4 issues rectified to perfection.
This is one Service Centre which gives you confidence to own a TATA.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 10:34   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
Just wondering why did they charge you 140?
I have been made to understand that the weights required for wheel balancing are not included in the AMC. That is what the charge is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Yesterday, I got my car with 3-4 issues rectified to perfection.
This is one Service Centre which gives you confidence to own a TATA.
That's great! It actually helps to befriend a few folks at the Service Center as well as the Showroom. Nevertheless, I have found the Concorde guys to listen patiently and explain the fixes they have made.

On a side note, is there any whatsapp group or some sort of club in Pune for Automatic Nano owners? Would love to be a part of it!
Old 4th April 2017, 13:24   #1224
Senior - BHPian

I'm at Concorde - Dairy Circle (Bangalore) to give in my cousin's Nano XTA for the second service.

It was actually due for the service in October '16, but they only did the Fog Light Updation that time & my cousin (who's not much of a "car guy") took it for granted that the car had been serviced.

Now they're saying due to delay, the warranty itself is in question. After requesting that they don't put such "warranty void" remarks in the job slip, they're saying​ they want the second and third free service coupons given for the service. And the parts will be covered with the gold AMC.

I may not know the full formal details on AMC & service with respect to warranty, but it's easily apparent the intent to assist/help (honestly advise) just isn't there. The agenda seems to be to put the customer through maximum bureaucracy to confound the person and then mostly remain unavailable.

They made me wait 2hrs yesterday just to tell me they were too busy to take in the car & even today I'm being made to wait since 1 hr. Not a problem, in any case, I've had constant entertainment looking at 2 customers bravely & vehemently argue that half the items billed to them weren't changed in their car.

I also learnt that incase of a dispute we're apparently even allowed to see the work carried out through the CCTV camera recordings!

The service advisors for free & paid service are different. The free service SA's seem to have very little knowledge about the car & keep seeking advice from some 'senior' guy who doesn't stay at one place - causing further delays.

All advisors are keen on 1 thing. "Please sit Sir"! Dunno if I should laugh at their strange processes or that I suggested my cousin to go with the brand.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 4th April 2017 at 13:42.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 13:41   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Painted wheel caps to black, see photos below
Just washed the caps and painted with a spray paint can. One can of 400ml is good enough for a decent finish.

(Note: I am aware of paint missing at rim boundary which is seen in the pic, will fix it when I wash it next time)

Changed the headlights to LED, thread up in DIY section
Hope the painting also was 'DIY', could you please help me with the items you used to get it done?

And won't the the LED headlamp change will affect the warranty??
Old 4th April 2017, 13:41   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I'm at Concorde - Dairy Circle (Bangalore) to give in my cousin's Nano XTA for the second service.

The service advisors for free & paid service are different. The free service SA's seem to have very little knowledge about the car & keep seeking advice from some 'senior' guy who doesn't stay at one place - further causing delays.

All advisors are keen on 1 thing. "Please sit Sir". Dunno if I should laugh at their strange processes or that I suggested my cousin to go with the brand.
I'm a customer at the same centre and my experience has been mediocre at best. After a recent episode when my car had to be towed there, I gave them a piece of my mind because I blamed their lax attitude and carelessness for the reason my car broke down. After fixing the car, they delivered it and the next day I discovered that the floor mats were missing.

Even their response to my enquiry for a new car seems uninterested. The same enquiry at Prerana was followed up several times by more than one person. With this attitude, I don't think they will be in business much longer. I, for one, am taking my business elsewhere.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 14:04   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Hope the painting also was 'DIY', could you please help me with the items you used to get it done?

And won't the the LED headlamp change will affect the warranty??
Yes it was a DIY. You can buy spray paint can from your neighborhood hardware shop or online. I purchased mine from Amazon, 400 ml matblack costed around Rs 160.

LEDs shouldnt impact warranty, as its less wattage and no change in wiring. Anyway I plan to put back halogens this weekend as i am taking my nano for a 1000 km drive soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
I'm a customer at the same centre and my experience has been mediocre at best.
Mine is due for 1 year service soon and want todo the service before the long drive. Major complaints are
1. Front left suspension thud sound when suspension suddenly free up( say get into a pot hole fast)
2. Belt squealing kind of sound when AC is switched ON
3. Jerky first gear change

Which service center in Bangalore is good or comparitively better? I live in Whitefield.
arjithin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 14:30   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it was a DIY. You can buy spray paint can from your neighborhood hardware shop or online. I purchased mine from Amazon, 400 ml matblack costed around Rs 160.

LEDs shouldnt impact warranty, as its less wattage and no change in wiring. Anyway I plan to put back halogens this weekend as i am taking my nano for a 1000 km drive soon.
Thats cool, so you do take it for long drives often? Hows your feedback on it after long drives? Mine is a new one, yet to get the 1st service done. I do have plans for long drives if not often, at-least few times an year.
Did you feel it tiring to be on it for long drives unlike the sedans or other more premium cars?
Old 4th April 2017, 14:49   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is due for 1 year service soon and want todo the service before the long drive. Major complaints are
1. Front left suspension thud sound when suspension suddenly free up( say get into a pot hole fast)
2. Belt squealing kind of sound when AC is switched ON
3. Jerky first gear change
I had reported the same two issues (2 and 3) you have reported here.

It would be interesting to know what fix they apply for the Jerky fist gear. In my case, the service center folks just cleared some error codes. Please do ask them the real cause of jerkiness.

The belt squealing noise should go away by setting the belt tension right I believe.

As for the thud sound from the suspension, I too get that and feel that is normal for all Nanos. However, if it is an issue, then even I would like to get that fixed on my Nano.
Old 4th April 2017, 15:22   #1230
BHPian

Quote:

Which service center in Bangalore is good or comparitively better? I live in Whitefield.
Since you in Whitefield, kht motors is the nearest one. If you are dissatisfied with their service, you could try Prerana on Hosur road. But that pretty far for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks