Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2017, 16:57   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Thats cool, so you do take it for long drives often? Hows your feedback on it after long drives? Mine is a new one, yet to get the 1st service done.
I bought mine used 3 months back and this is the first real long drive i am taking. Route is Bglr - Calicut - thrissur - Bangalore. Will cover hilly terrain, busy Kerala roads and smooth 6 lane roads. Will update the feedback here after my trip. I dont intent to use nano as primary for highway drives, that duty is reserved for my Ertiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
I had reported the same two issues (2 and 3) you have reported here.
It would be interesting to know what fix they apply for the Jerky fist gear.
Sure will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Since you in Whitefield, kht motors is the nearest one. If you are dissatisfied with their service, you could try Prerana on Hosur road. But that pretty far for you.
My first interaction with KHT wasnt great. Anyway i will try them one more time. But if Prenana service is better, i dont mind going there.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 01:07   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
...It was actually due for the service in October '16, but they only did the Fog Light Updation that time & my cousin (who's not much of a "car guy") took it for granted that the car had been serviced.

Now they're saying due to delay, the warranty itself is in question. After requesting that they don't put such "warranty void" remarks in the job slip, they're saying​ they want the second and third free service coupons given for the service. And the parts will be covered with the gold AMC.

I may not know the full formal details on AMC & service with respect to warranty, but it's easily apparent the intent to assist/help (honestly advise) just isn't there...
Update :
It didn't get any better. They want to charge ₹3,500/- for the regular 10k km 2nd free service despite there being a gold AMC.

Excuse is that apparently Tata Motors is not ok with service delays beyond 1 month for the 1st year 10,000 km service. Even if the car has done only 4700km.

If the paid service is not done, they'll void the balance 3yrs of warranty.

This answer was gotten after almost 3 hrs of waiting through their uninformed SA's consulting 'seniors' - team meet - lunch etc. The "regular service" clients were being made to wait ~1hr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
I'm a customer at the same centre...With this attitude, I don't think they will be in business much longer. I, for one, am taking my business elsewhere.
I'm doing the same. Called up KHT Motors & I'll be there at 8:30am. I'm giving it in to them even if it costs abit. Can't allow an AMT car standing in my cousin's driveway with the warranty voided for a something he overlooked due to a misleading Tata service center.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 5th April 2017 at 01:09.
Old 5th April 2017, 07:56   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
cant allow an AMT car standing in my cousin's driveway with the warranty voided for a something he overlooked due to a misleading Tata service center.
Quote:
...It was actually due for the service in October '16, but they only did the Fog Light Updation that time & my cousin (who's not much of a "car guy") took it for granted that the car had been serviced.
I am not sure there is enough evidence here to say that the tata service center misled your cousin. And no manufacturer will honour warranty if the car missed service for 6-7 months. Thats 50%-60% time towards next service. If they start doing relaxing service window to customers, there will not be any end to exception requests.

I completely agree on the attitude, efficiency and lack of customer focus you mentioned.
Old 6th April 2017, 11:51   #1234
BHPian

It's nearing 2 years and 6000km since I bought the Nano automatic. The reason for low running is because it's always been used for short trips less than 4-5km but used on a daily basis. Till now absolutely no issues with the car not even minor ones like clutch juddering. And this works wonderfully in slow bumper to bumper traffic where the creep mode helps a lot. Only downside for people driving first time is getting used to the braking which requires a firm push on the pedal. I changed the OE tyres on the day of delivery to Bridgestone and they are performing as good as new and have a significant contribution in better braking under wet and dry conditions. Although people overlook this when shopping for an AMT but at its price the Nano's utility value is unbeatable.

Last edited by damodar : 6th April 2017 at 12:19.
Old 6th April 2017, 12:00   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
It's nearing 2 years and 6000km since I bought the Nano automatic. The reason for low running is because it's always been used for short trips less than 4-5km but used on a daily basis. Till now absolutely no issues with the car not even minor ones. And this works wonderfully in slow bumper to bumper traffic where the creep mode helps a lot. Only downside for people driving first time is getting used to the braking which requires a firm push on the pedal. I changed the OE tyres on the day of delivery to Bridgestone and they are performing as good as new and have a significant contribution in better braking under wet and dry conditions. Although people overlook this when shopping for an AMT but at its price the Nano's utility value is unbeatable.
Can you share the details of the tyre you put on you Nano? Wanted to upgrade the tyres to some bigger one stock one seems to be very small

Also I too had a tough time convincing my parents in buying Nano XTA and it was for my dad, and somehow I managed to get one at home and we sold our 11 year old manual WagonR.

But after started using it , my dad is loving it and he is taking it everywhere he can without effort. I also love driving it a lot, whenever I'm home I drive only Nano !!

Hats off to the utility of this vehicle dont know why still people have the perception of Nano is not safe and all those bullshits.
Old 6th April 2017, 12:44   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Can you share the details of the tyre you put on you Nano?

But after started using it , my dad is loving it and he is taking it everywhere he can without effort. I also love driving it a lot, whenever I'm home I drive only Nano !!
I changed to Bridgestone B250 with the same OE size but they do look a bit fatter. Posting pictures where the first two are of the rear and the last one is of the front tyre.
Also second Nano automatic came home in December 2016 for my parents after selling off our 2012 Estilo in Delhi as it was getting a pain to drive in the traffic jams there. Nano in automatic guise is the perfect solution for today's traffic conditions in most cities where you can not cross 60-70kph on a consistent basis. And once you reach your destination finding a parking spot is a matter of luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20170406_122141.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-_20170406_122214.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-_20170406_122249.jpg  

Last edited by damodar : 6th April 2017 at 12:47.
damodar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 12:47   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
I changed to Bridgestone B250 with the same OE size but they do look a bit fatter. Posting pictures where the first two are of the rear and the last one is of the front tyre.
Also second Nano automatic came home in December 2016 for my parents after selling off our 2012 Estilo in Delhi as it was getting a pain to drive in the traffic jams there. Nano in automatic guise is the perfect solution for today's traffic conditions in most cities where you can not cross 60-70kph on a consistent basis. And once you reach your destination finding a parking spot is a matter of luck.
Nice
You got these black alloys also from Tata? How much did they cost u?
Bibin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 12:58   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Nice
You got these black alloys also from Tata? How much did they cost u?
Yes alloys are from TATA costed me approximately 13000. I also opted for 3year/30000km gold AMC for both the cars again a terrific option for a budget car. Only thing to take care for the said period are the tyres, battery and fuel! Wonder how many buyers in budget category are aware of this?

Last edited by damodar : 6th April 2017 at 13:03.
damodar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 14:45   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
... I completely agree on the attitude, efficiency and lack of customer focus you mentioned.
The experience at KHT Motors was starkly different. I was immediately attended to by a seemingly well trained advisor.

He entered the registration number online, to check car details & open a job card. No / '0' / Zilch hesitance towards the service 'delay'. Checked the car thoroughly & noted down issues he found, then minor complaints from me were noted. I was told a possible time for delivery. I reached 30 mins early and the guy was kind for putting my car on priority cleaning & closed billing & everything within 15-20 mins.

Before billing, within those 15 mins, the GM of service came to check if all issues were covered & whether I was satisfied. He then suggested I try Tata's new offerings. Same for others too.

I wasn't waiting for hours, I wasn't made to follow SA while he loiters doing other work. Due attention was given, and then some. Gladly, there was no repeated "Please Sit Sir" kind of fake courtesy.

Their effective work process made me feel like a valued customer. It gives confidence that these guys are competent to handle a Hexa customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I am not sure there is enough evidence here...
Maybe he didn't notice due to other work, but IMPO it was believable seeing the way Concorde was operating. Anyway, I've asked him to take note of such stuff now on, else Gold AMC would be rendered useless.

Quote:
It's nearing 2 years and 6000km since I bought the Nano automatic... creep mode helps a lot. Only downside for people driving first time is getting used to the braking which requires a firm push on the pedal... Although people overlook this when shopping for an AMT but at its price the Nano's utility value is unbeatable.
Great to know. Hows the A/c cooling performace
Quote:
...Wanted to upgrade the tyres to some bigger one stock one seems to be very small
IMO stick to OEM size, they're meant to be small, to prevent over-steer.

I've been using my old Nano, but the past few days that I've been using the shiny "Dazzle Blue" XTA, realised that the "Nano curiosity" still exists & very often invites prying eyes! Groups of people deeply engaged in their conversations will change the topic & you'll probably get asked a question or two about the car.

The contempt towards brand Nano is dead. *Hope someone from Tata Motors reads this & decides against its possible discontinuance.*
Quote:
...Also second Nano automatic came home in December 2016 for my parents...
Congos!
Quote:
Nano in automatic guise is the perfect solution for today's traffic conditions in most cities where you can not cross 60-70kph on a consistent basis. And once you reach your destination finding a parking spot is a matter of luck.
Exactly! These 2 lines are its USP & hope the company gives it a final chance.
Quote:
...Only thing to take care for the said period are the tyres, battery and fuel! Wonder how many buyers in budget category are aware of this?
Btw, is A/c Check & filter included in this ? It wasn't included yesterday for me.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 6th April 2017 at 14:52.
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 16:17   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
The experience at KHT Motors was starkly different. I was immediately attended to by a seemingly well trained advisor.
Thanks for the feedback. A lot of our experience depend on the SA we interact. By any chance do you remember the SA name?
Old 7th April 2017, 09:01   #1241
BHPian

Sad that people are still not able to understand the actual utility of this cute car.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/kolka...w/58017272.cms
Bibin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 13:06   #1242
BHPian

Would it make sense to buy a a Nano now when it's bound to be shelved after a few years down the lineÉ

Source:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/58025857.cms
Old 7th April 2017, 15:22   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post
Would it make sense to buy a a Nano now when it's bound to be shelved after a few years down the lineÉ

Source:
They will surely support the vehicle for another 10-15 years even though they stop the model and the same case has happened with many other vehicle manufacturers, Ford Ikon is a good example. Ford still supports even after many years of discontinuation
Bibin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 15:30   #1244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post

Source:
Depends on your need. If you are looking for a VFM and cheap to maintain automatic, there is nothing else to beat Nano. It costs only the depreciation of few other automatic hatchbacks if you consider next 4 years timeframe, so net net you are not losing money. If you can find a used nano, it will be a even more sweat deal.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 16:19   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Missed your point here. Would you please elaborate.
If you keep your lunch box in boot area, there is good chance that hot food would not shed much temperature as the rear-mounted engine keeps the boot area hot.

And be cautious not to keep something which may get damaged due to higher temperature

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks