Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2019, 11:10   #1381
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

You should escalte this - via twitter and facebook. Also write to the regional heads at concorde and Tata. Ideally this should be replaced under good will warranty. This is the nightmare of every car owner with an auto transmission. Right when the warranty period is over, the AT goes down burning a big hole in the pocket.
Old 25th September 2019, 11:31   #1382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
Hi Guys,

I am seeking opinion and advise from fellow owners and members of this forum on what should I do. My options as I see it are,

Thanks,
You have an advantage of being located in Mumbai. Simply swap your faulty AMT with another AMT of scrapped car for peace of mind.
Dont look for that pin in AMT as its an unknown territory for many mechanics.

Regards,
Shubhendra
Old 25th September 2019, 12:23   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...The cost of the same has been quoted at astronomical figure of Rs 80,000/-

Imaging my surprise and frustration at this since the market value of Oct 15 Nano AMT is not more than Rs. 1.20Lakhs as I understand.
Thanks,

Spending 80k on a car whose market price is 1.2L is not wise. You can choose to replace the part from some accidental vehicle, or outsource the headache of doing this by selling the vehicle at some loss (the buyer will then do that job). I wouldn't advise spending anything substantial on a vehicle that is hardly used anymore.
Old 25th September 2019, 13:28   #1384

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I have the Nano AMT since Oct 2015 which has run approx 12,000 kms. ..

Isn't Oct2015 nano still covered under warranty. I thought nano came with 4years warranty. AMT unit should still be under warranty.

If you are able to get a totalled nano for the AMT unit, that would be the cheapest option, but this may not be a easy task considering the number nano AMT's that have been sold.

I think you should escalate this with tata motors.
Old 25th September 2019, 14:19   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetp View Post
Isn't Oct2015 nano still covered under warranty. I thought nano came with 4years warranty. AMT unit should still be under warranty.

This definitely seems to be under warranty. By default, the Nano comes with 4yrs warranty. You should be able to claim. I'm surprised on the valuation. I assumed it was around 2l since mine is of the same vintage. Not sure if the amount showed in cartrade and the likes are fairly accurate?

Last edited by Zappo : 27th September 2019 at 15:38. Reason: Please quote only the part needed.
Old 25th September 2019, 16:26   #1386
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
You should escalte this - via twitter and facebook. Also write to the regional heads at concorde and Tata. Ideally this should be replaced under good will warranty. This is the nightmare of every car owner with an auto transmission. Right when the warranty period is over, the AT goes down burning a big hole in the pocket.

Thanks Padmarajravi. This is indeed what I am going to do. Just wanted a corroboration of sorts from forum members.
Old 25th September 2019, 16:32   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
I have the Nano AMT since Oct 2015 which has run approx 12,000 kms. About 3 weeks ago, I noticed that the AMT gearbox was not holding onto the gear it was in and would slip into Neutral from time to time. Once it slipped into Neutral, we would need to switch of the engine and then start again to get the AMT gearbox to engage for the vehicle to move.
1. Oct 2015 car should still be under warranty. My Nano AMT is an Oct 2015 model as well. Currently has a water leakage issue. It is at the workshop and I got a call earlier today that it has been fixed under warranty.

2. Check Invoicing date. Though my delivery was in the 1st week of OCT 2015, my car was invoiced on 29th Sep 2015. Expiry of 4 years warranty is based on invoice date. I was lucky to get the latest warranty claim in the last few days.

3. Some AMT units have been troublesome and need to be replaced. Mine was replaced under warranty too.

4. My office is right across the Concorde showroom at Prabhadevi and their Worli workshop is on my way home. However I still visit the Wasan Motors workshop in Chembur. They have been super helpful. I have had my shock absorber, AMT box, A/C compressor replaced and water leakage issue fixed under warranty without any hassles.

5. Do not spend out of pocket to fix and then try and sell. I recently thought of selling the car. Car24, OLX cash my car etc all offer sub 1 lac for my car, despite the higher prices their online tool quote. My car is of similar vintage and running as yours. I got better offers on OLX classifieds, but it takes a bit of effort. However I realized the sheer utility the Nano AMT offers is worth a lot more than the 1.5 Lacs you get on selling it.

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding

Last edited by ampere : 10th October 2019 at 07:18. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 25th September 2019, 17:15   #1388
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
You have an advantage of being located in Mumbai. Simply swap your faulty AMT with another AMT of scrapped car for peace of mind.
Dont look for that pin in AMT as its an unknown territory for many mechanics.
Thanks Shubhendra. I agree it is better to swap the whole unit rather than a component. Provided, I get it that is. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Spending 80k on a car whose market price is 1.2L is not wise. You can choose to replace the part from some accidental vehicle, or outsource the headache of doing this by selling the vehicle at some loss (the buyer will then do that job). I wouldn't advise spending anything substantial on a vehicle that is hardly used anymore.
Thanks Ani_meher. Yes, as a last resort, this is what I intend to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetp View Post
Thanks Abhijeet - My apologies. The Nano is June 2014 registered. I mixed up the dates with my Fortuner. So the Nano is not under warranty.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th October 2019 at 02:18. Reason: reduced spaces
Old 27th September 2019, 08:27   #1389
BHPian

Guys I am looking at a 2015 Cherry Red Nano AMT XTA. The ad is posted with 13500KM and asking price is 1.5L.

I have not inspected the car yet but two outer photos show car in decent condition. Assuming all things being normal, how much would be the best price to pay?
Old 10th October 2019, 06:29   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
Guys I am looking at a 2015 Cherry Red Nano AMT XTA. The ad is posted with 13500KM and asking price is 1.5L.

I have not inspected the car yet but two outer photos show car in decent condition. Assuming all things being normal, how much would be the best price to pay?
In my opinion the price is ok. I assume the vehicle location is in Delhi. Bangalore rates for Nano XTA 2015 models are much higher than 1.5L.

I strongly recommend that you take a (or maybe even multiple) test drive before making any decision. Watch out of power loss, rattles from parcel/speaker trays and dashboards, cuts in the tyre walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
A quick question here... I've been checking the AFE for the Nano and it's always between 10.7-10.9. The AC is switched on all the time in Bangalore traffic, however the traffic is rather moderate with about 30-40km running in a week. Tried reaching out to Concorde however from day 0 they maintain there is no issue. My car runs out of its 4th yr warranty in Oct and hence any advise is appreciated.
I get around 16 AFE. The car is hardly driven these days (less than 300 kms per month). This is a DEc 2015 model and driven slightly over 10K kms till date.
When it does get used it's usually me who is doing the driving mostly and I drive with a very light foot.

Last edited by ampere : 10th October 2019 at 07:19. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 10th October 2019, 14:01   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobetterID View Post
In my opinion the price is ok. I assume the vehicle location is in Delhi. Bangalore rates for Nano XTA 2015 models are much higher than 1.5L.

I strongly recommend that you take a (or maybe even multiple) test drive before making any decision. Watch out of power loss, rattles from parcel/speaker trays and dashboards, cuts in the tyre walls
I somehow dont get this. Concorde is maintaining that the AFE is max 11-12 in Blr traffic conditions. Now, my home to workplace is just about 5km. Iam a fairly sedate driver unless when im in the mood to push this hard and realy damned hard. But thats a rarity. Where do you get yours serviced ? Since I have another 1 month to go before the warranty expires, i might want to do a double check since the Nano is going to stay with me for a really long time.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th October 2019 at 02:18. Reason: Editing quoted post
Old 10th October 2019, 16:05   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
I somehow dont get this. Concorde is maintaining that the AFE is max 11-12 in Blr traffic conditions. Now, my home to workplace is just about 5km. Iam a fairly sedate driver unless when im in the mood to push this hard and realy damned hard. But thats a rarity. Where do you get yours serviced ? Since I have another 1 month to go before the warranty expires, i might want to do a double check since the Nano is going to stay with me for a really long time.
I have had it services at Concorde Hosur Road all times except one (which was done at Prerna).
This is a backup car is not driven too often. The car is driven only for short distances and rarely ever in peak times.
I don't remember ever seeing AFE value in the range of 11-12. It's always been between 15-16 for me.
Old 10th October 2019, 16:15   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobetterID View Post
I have had it services at Concorde Hosur Road all times except one (which was done at Prerna).

This is a backup car is not driven too often. The car is driven only for short distances and rarely ever in peak times.

I don't remember ever seeing AFE value in the range of 11-12. It's always been between 15-16 for me.

Oh damn! Would you be able to tell me your SA details. I can contact him perhaps
Old 10th October 2019, 16:23   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
Oh damn! Would you be able to tell me your SA details. I can contact him perhaps
There have been different SAs each time. I remember that the last one was Vijay Kumar.
Old 24th October 2019, 00:18   #1395
BHPian

As per media reports, Nano will be on sale for few more months and then will be sadly discontinued. What I would like to ask is:

- Is this the best time to buy Nano XTA ( the cheapest comfortable Automatic in the market), as a beater car for the city?

Exchange my 2001 Indica = Rs. 35000
Festive discount = Rs. 30000
Loyalty Bonus = Rs. 5000
Corporate Discount = Rs. 5000

Total benefits = Rs. 85000 (approx)

Why I want to buy Nano. It's because I think, with BS4 gone, come 2020; I will never be able to buy a spacious automatic car at such price tag. I think future small cars won't be anymore available under 4lacs. So this will be the cheapest automatic ever. Kindly suggest.
keeprevving is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed