Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 11:24   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
The fog lamps on my XTA have cracked for no apparent reason at all.

Right Fog Lamp
Attachment 1399503

Left Fog Lamp
Attachment 1399504

Concorde has agreed to replace both under warranty. Had to wait for three days because the part was not readily available and when it came it also had similar cracks. At last good ones have come but I get a feeling they may crack again. Anyone found the same?
Sometimes the fog lamps are known to crack if exposed to water or mud (cold objects) when they are hot after prolonged use. It might be the reason in your case. Hope the new replacement set is of better quality.
Old 11th August 2015, 09:25   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The fog lamps on my XTA have cracked for no apparent reason at all.

Concorde has agreed to replace both under warranty. Had to wait for three days because the part was not readily available and when it came it also had similar cracks. At last good ones have come but I get a feeling they may crack again. Anyone found the same?
Very strange! How can both crack at same time? I suspect the mounting than light units. Even running over potholes could give significant impact or vibrations if not properly mounted.

What is Concorde's take on this? Why have they agreed to replace under warranty when it is a physical damage? A known issue?

Last edited by jacs : 11th August 2015 at 09:27.
Old 14th August 2015, 16:57   #438
BHPian

Quote:
That is a fantastic price you got for a set of 4. Check if it includes the centre caps and the valves as well because they are packed as separate pieces and hence have their own rate stickers on them. These do not come with the alloys in the carton. And does this include the fixing charges? If everything is included then its a mouthwatering price. Go for it if its real! What about buyback for your existing rims? It is not available anywhere near that price point down south I suppose.
Got my alloys (black) day before yesterday fitted for 8500 all inclusive (caps, valves, fitting). The good thing is that I didn't have to give back my stock rims as well
jeepster_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 15:38   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
What is Concorde's take on this? Why have they agreed to replace under warranty when it is a physical damage? A known issue?
They did not ask a single question and replaced both quietly! Well they were not damaged in an accident which was quite evident from the surrounding areas on the bumper and car. They just took snaps of the whole car in all possible angles and gave me new ones FOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster_chd View Post
Got my alloys (black) day before yesterday fitted for 8500 all inclusive (caps, valves, fitting). The good thing is that I didn't have to give back my stock rims as well
That's really a good price you have got. Saw another GenX nano here wearing alloys but was the V spoke and not the Y spoke and that too silver. The black really suits the trim of the car and makes it an eye puller! I'm enjoying the attention and the envious looks by other owners!
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 23:31   #440
BHPian

Quote:
8.5K is a steal! Can you post some pics? My long awaited Blue nano XTA finally arrived yesterday after 3.5 months of waiting. Better late than never but paid 16K for the black alloys. These were fixed by the Concorde guys before delivery.
They returned the stock rims as well. Wondering what to do with them? Can they be sold somewhere?
Just one day of driving so far but commuting to office via Silk board was a breeze today. Will wait for the euphoria to settle down for a report. Except the brakes its all beautiful so far.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th August 2015 at 00:11. Reason: Post edited for grammar & smileys. Please limit smileys to 2/post.
mail2sekh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 05:57   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j[URL="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/mail2sekh.html"
mail2sekh[/url]]8.5K is a steal! Can you post some pics? My long awaited Blue nano XTA finally arrived yesterday after 3.5 months of waiting. Better late than never but paid 16K for the black alloys. These were fixed by the Concorde guys before delivery.
They returned the stock rims as well. Wondering what to do with them? Can they be sold somewhere?
Just one day of driving so far but commuting to office via Silk board was a breeze today. Will wait for the euphoria to settle down for a report. Except the brakes its all beautiful so far.
Congrats on the car! Do post pics. Really interested to see how she looks in that shade of blue n black. You can keep the stock rims with you in case you decide to sell the car. I made the mistake of selling the rims of my old twist XT so had to sell the car along with the alloys and had to get new alloys for my GenX at an inflated price tag. The alloys will not fetch extra value in the used car market.
Concorde inflates prices like anything. Makes one wonder if they have some business ethics at all. They quoted 14k for me but since stock was not available I got my alloys fixed from Prerana for around 11.5k. Yeah and they were the black ones. Silver was available for about 1000 bucks lesser.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th August 2015 at 00:12. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 18th August 2015, 14:05   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sekh View Post
8.5K is a steal ! Can you post some pics ?
They returned the stock rims as well. Wondering what to do with them ? Can they be sold somewhere ?
Welcome to the family
Mine are black v-spoke alloys. Will post the pictures latter today. Regarding the stock rims, as alphahere rightly said, keeping them is the best option. You won't get more than 1K to 1.5K for them in the used car market.
jeepster_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 14:17   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

1k ? Rims are going for scrap value - about 100 each in many cases
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 14:28   #444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the stock rims, as alphahere rightly said, keeping them is the best option. You won't get more than 1K to 1.5K for them in the used car market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
After keeping my set of 4 for a while, I gave them away to my apartment guard while shifting homes. Condor is right; used rims do not command any value in market.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 06:14   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
used rims do not command any value in market.
It all depends on finding the right buyer who really has use for the rims. Local tyrewallah was quoting 100 per rim and nothing for the wheelcaps. The steel rims cost 700 a piece new and the wheel caps cost 200 a piece. So the whole set new costs 3.5k at the dealer. I managed to find a buyer who bought the whole set from me for 2k which I felt was an excellent price. He had 3 out of four rims bent and wheel caps cracked. (Don't ask me how!). And he was planning to keep the extra rim as a spare for the rear wheel. Yeah..its hard to come across such buyers but you never know!
alphahere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 22:24   #446
BHPian

Quote:
8.5K is a steal ! Can you post some pics ?
Here are the pics. Taken in haste from my mobile cam, I hope they serve the purpose. Yeah! the alloys are dirty, the car needs a wash.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20150819_195701_hdrmin.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20150819_195714_hdrmin.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20150819_195745_hdrmin.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20150819_195803_hdrmin.jpg  

jeepster_chd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 00:53   #447
BHPian

Note from Support: Post edited for grammar & smileys. Please check your before submitting post. Thanks!

Thanks for the pictures Jeepster (I got the same thing for double the price. Yeah, guess these things happen) and others for the info on rims. Looks like I am stuck with the stock rims. Maybe I can put some cushions and use them as seats in the living room

So here are some pics anyway. Excuse the surroundings.

Outgoing...
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-dsc01433.jpg

Incoming...
Now gotta do some stickers too. Also though they have done a much better job of insulating the noise on the inside, the outside is still auto-ish. Wondering whether some mufflers or some after market thingies will make it sound Harley-ish

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-dsc01447.jpg
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-dsc01460.jpg
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-dsc01463.jpg
mail2sekh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 02:18   #448
BHPian

Requesting the Nano owners for help.

One of my friend is going to do a PDI of the Genx Nano XTA in couple of days that he booked couple of months ago. I did share with him the Team Bhp checklist. He was wondering if there could be any other specific items that he need to check for Nano XTA while doing the PDI apart from the items from the checklist.

I'm posting this on his behalf and hoping XTA owners or otherwise can help him in this regard.
Old 20th August 2015, 02:24   #449
BHPian

Quote:

Incoming...
Now gotta do some stickers too.
Sir, sincere request from me. Your Nano looks like a million bucks and with the black alloy wheels, even better!!!

Please don't add any stickers like you did for your earlier Yellow Nano. It will almost certainly ruin the classy appearance of the blue car.
john doe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 22:04   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Requesting the Nano owners for help.

One of my friend is going to do a PDI of the Genx Nano XTA in couple of days that he booked couple of months ago. I did share with him the Team Bhp checklist. He was wondering if there could be any other specific items that he need to check for Nano XTA while doing the PDI apart from the items from the checklist.

I'm posting this on his behalf and hoping XTA owners or otherwise can help him in this regard.
Apart from the checklist there is nothing much you can check out and identify at once. Still check out for damages on the body specially the running board on which they tend to lift the car. If the car has any other functional defect it should surface only in a week or two.

Quote:
Here are the pics. Taken in haste from my mobile cam, I hope they serve the purpose. Yeah! the alloys are dirty, the car needs a wash.
Its raining GenXs with black alloys on the thread! Looks good in red n black!

Quote:
Now gotta do some stickers too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Sir, sincere request from me. Your Nano looks like a million bucks and with the black alloy wheels, even better!!!

Please don't add any stickers like you did for your earlier Yellow Nano. It will almost certainly ruin the classy appearance of the blue car.
Totally agree with john doe. The car looks ravishing in its present state! Stickers would only spoil the elegance. Maybe you could invest the price of the stickers on a customized leather steering cover and gear knob.

On another note, I found that the headlamps of my XTA were not on the same level. So aligned it myself but had to get the units off the car for this. And while I was at it, replaced the stock bulbs with Philips Xtremevision Plus +130% bulbs. Have put together a quick review here at post#9195:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-here-613.html
alphahere is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks