Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 08:41   #496
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Can you kindly give me the name \ contact info of your sales agent?

My friend booked a Red XTA (from Concord Motors, Diray Circle) in July and was promised delivery within 2 months. He have never got any follow up calls or any calls about delay in delivery - he had to call and follow up always and even after 2 months, his agent is not able to give him a tentative delivery date.

Last week (when the promised 2 months were up), he called them again and said that he is ready to compromise on his color choice, if a delivery can be made soon. To this, they told him that he should have told them this before as there was couple of cars which was available previous week.
My question is, when he was calling and following up, shouldn't they have at least informed him that there are cars available in other colors?

Is there any way to escalate this matter to the higher ups so that he gets the delivery of his car soon?

--Anoop
Sure , you can contact him at 9620047888 - name is Govardhan.Was it the same person your friend was in touch with ?
I was also not happy with the way TML was handling the delays. As per my post earlier :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3738289

I was given the purple XTA by end of June in two months time which I declined. So unless you are Amitabh Bachchan or that kind , I don't think normal people have much choice other than wait. Also I don't think dealers can influence the manufacturer's deliveries much - so I let Govardhan do his stuff
mail2sekh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 09:54   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
So decided to get a reverse camera installed before falling into some serious trouble. I chose to install an external camera between the number plate lights instead of a flush mounted one on the bumper for the following reasons.
I am also on the lookout for the same.
How much did you pay for this and where did you get this installed ?
Old 8th September 2015, 12:45   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I am also on the lookout for the same.
How much did you pay for this and where did you get this installed ?
Paid 4.5k all included. Price will vary depending on the type of display and your negotiation skills of course. Shop name was Auto Fusion at Koramangala.
Old 8th September 2015, 12:49   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Paid 4.5k all included. Price will vary depending on the type of display and your negotiation skills of course. Shop name was Auto Fusion at Koramangala.
Any implications on warranty of AMT due to this equipment ?
Old 8th September 2015, 13:56   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sekh View Post
Sure , you can contact him at 9620047888 - name is Govardhan.Was it the same person your friend was in touch with ?
My friend is in touch with same guy - but in his case, he never got any follow up calls from Govardhan. Now he have given three color options and the SA have said he will inform him as soon as any choice is available.

PS: He made his booking on July 6th.

--Anoop
Old 8th September 2015, 14:39   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
My friend is in touch with same guy - but in his case, he never got any follow up calls from Govardhan. Now he have given three color options and the SA have said he will inform him as soon as any choice is available.

PS: He made his booking on July 6th.

--Anoop
I spoke to Govardhan this morning even though I have a booking with Aadya motors. He confessed that the realistic waiting period for nano amt is 10 weeks minimum :(
That shatters any hope of me getting the vehicle early. So your friend can expect the delivery end of sept !!
Now, the question is until Tata speed up things, how many people will wait for 3 months ( 1 quarter of a year ) after booking given the Tata brand equity ?
power ranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 14:42   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Any implications on warranty of AMT due to this equipment ?
Do not suppose there will be any issue with the AMT. The trigger cum power wire is taken off one of the reverse lamps only. The insulation was stripped about 1 mm length and tapped. It does not attach to any other electrical connection in the car.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 22:09   #503
BHPian

I have booked on 6th July for blue XTA at Aadya Hebbal, Bangalore, not yet Delivered. Today the sales guy said the car has arrived in yard or something and we will get it in 'two' days. This is 10th week since booking.
Old 11th September 2015, 23:57   #504
BHPian

I did a test drive of around 3 km of the XTA. This included one steep flyover. Didn't feel the car struggled at that time with me, my father and the sales guy in the vehicle. On flat surface however did wish it had a bit more power. Response was a bit better with the S mode. Manual was fine but figured best would be to put in Auto mode and drive peacefully. More power and better brakes would be welcome but will have to compromise on that as there is no other option at this price. For city only driving felt the car with AMT is brilliant.

Steering was very easy and will be a very nice car for city traffic. I have driven the non power steering version and feel power steering is a must.

Want to book this for my wife who hadn't driven a car till now and needs one around after March next year. Am wishing the waiting period will come down as we are planning to book only in January. Though I like the Red she wants one in Silver.

Requesting anyone here has lady family/friends driving XTA/XMA to please provide their inputs?

My FIL who had bought the first gen Nano when it first came out went ahead and sold it in the end of August and has booked an XTA Silver. He has been told it will take 2 months.
Old 14th September 2015, 10:26   #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Requesting anyone here has lady family/friends driving XTA/XMA to please provide their inputs?
Bought the XTA for my daughter (first time driver - got her license recently) and she appears to be getting used to it fairly early.
Do take a look at the owners' manual and get used to handling in various scenarios (steep slope/ steep descent/ stop-n-go traffic/ start from stop up a rise/ braking distance, etc.) to get used to the AMT/ clutch response.
Would definitely recommend it, but have appropriate expectations on TATA Sales response/ waiting period/ ASS.
kmrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 14:37   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrao View Post
Bought the XTA for my daughter (first time driver - got her license recently) and she appears to be getting used to it fairly early.
Do take a look at the owners' manual and get used to handling in various scenarios (steep slope/ steep descent/ stop-n-go traffic/ start from stop up a rise/ braking distance, etc.) to get used to the AMT/ clutch response.
Would definitely recommend it, but have appropriate expectations on TATA Sales response/ waiting period/ ASS.
Thanks for the reply. Expectations are realistically set already. Other update that happened was that FIL got impatient and didnt want to wait 8 weeks and went changed his XTA booking to a top end manual. He got the car on this past Saturday itself ! We may book only by January unless wife changes her mind about getting it then and we book now.
sjcherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 14:37   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Had my first quirk of Nano today evening while returning from work and stuck in a traffic jam for about an hour hardly moving. I moved from 'A' to 'N' since the wait was expected to be long. When my turn came the 'A' wont engage, neither would 'R' even the 'M' would not change the gear to 1.
I panicked a bit but then switched off the engine and cranked it again. Voila I was back in business. Reboot is what works for any computer, when everything else fails
Brought this to the notice of the TASS during first service and here is the update.
You cant start without pressing the brake. But you cant 'engage' without pressing the brake either- this is a safety feature. Maybe this was something I was doing since I had put the car in N during long waits. He did demonstrate it to me and I will still continue to simulate the same in real life a few times before I am convinced.
Old 14th September 2015, 18:22   #508
BHPian

A meet planned and well executed between Nano owners last weekend. Nano owners from Mumbai and Pune met in Khandala-Lonavala for lunch. Drove in a convoy formation (without being disruptive to fellow road users), chatted about our experiences with our Nanos during lunch. Had a great time.
The meet had Nanos right from the first batch (lottery ones) till the New Genx AMT. All of us know each other from other forums or social media.

You may think why was this not posted before the meet on TBHP. As it would have allowed TBHPians to meet as well. Mainly because out of the 13 of us that met, majority of the folks are non-members and were meeting for the very first time. We all stay in touch via our whatsapp group, talk about experiences, questions and provide suggestions to fellow Nano owners.

Posting it here as I could not find a similar thread. Also, found it irrelevant to the Meet Section as the meet is already complete. Mods - please move the post to the right thread, if you find it irrelevant here.

Would like to meet fellow nano owners from TBHP as well. If any one who'd like to join the whatsapp group is most welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-capture.jpg  

pankajn1702 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 19:15   #509
Senior - BHPian

I had a test drive this week to consider for my spouse. Nothing much to write except that brakes were poor. Uncommon in an AT car, the feel was very spongy and lacked bite.

Pulling on to flyovers required some effort especially as there are 2 big ones on our regular route. But was a breeze in chocked traffic. As reported manual mode felt better, but why an AT then. What put me off is the 3 month waiting. My closest dealership has 14 cars fully paid up.

Will check out the Alto, but at almost a lakh more, not attractive as the Nano. My spouse just needs a car that moves.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 14th September 2015 at 19:16.
Old 14th September 2015, 22:29   #510
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post

HI sjcherian. My wife owns a Sunshine Yellow LX 2010 model and has done about 40K kms till date. I must comment on her behalf that she is very satisfied with the car and is purely in love with it ! The size and turning around are amazing (should be better with PS), the A/C and heater are both very effective (in Delhi weather) and it consistently returns about 19 kpl in summer (with A/C full time) and about 20-21 kpl in winters. Five years now, had few component failures till now. Changed two wiper blades, one set of front tyres (due to misalignment) and one battery.

Worth every penny I should say. Yes, TATA needs to improve service network, but still, having gone through their level of automation and response system, wouldn't rate them that bad.
lifebuoy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks