Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 22:44   #511
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajn1702 View Post
We all stay in touch via our whatsapp group, talk about experiences, questions and provide suggestions to fellow Nano owners.

If any one who'd like to join the whatsapp group is most welcome.
How do I join this group? Please share for the benefit of all Nano owners here.

Thanks!
Old 14th September 2015, 23:36   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
How do I join this group? Please share for the benefit of all Nano owners here.

Thanks!
Please pm/email me your number. You could also email me from my profile in TBHP.
Old 15th September 2015, 05:22   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
HI sjcherian. My wife owns a Sunshine Yellow LX 2010 model and has done about 40K kms till date. I must comment on her behalf that she is very satisfied with the car and is purely in love with it ! The size and turning around are amazing (should be better with PS), the A/C and heater are both very effective (in Delhi weather) and it consistently returns about 19 kpl in summer (with A/C full time) and about 20-21 kpl in winters. Five years now, had few component failures till now. Changed two wiper blades, one set of front tyres (due to misalignment) and one battery.

Worth every penny I should say. Yes, TATA needs to improve service network, but still, having gone through their level of automation and response system, wouldn't rate them that bad.
Thanks lifebuoy for your inputs. You confirmed what I was thinking about the Nano being easy to drive for a new lady driver. Am worried about Tata ASS but will deal with it as and when required.
Old 15th September 2015, 06:37   #514
Senior - BHPian

Is Tata selling only the GenX Nano now?

All other variants are not to be seen in the price list. I tried a few cities actually.

http://www.tatanano.com/price-list-bangalore.html
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 07:58   #515
BHPian

Yes indeed. Last week when I spoke to furtune motors, Nerul, Navi Mumbai sales person told me that there is only cng version of old model is available and Tata is producing only genx models.
He also confirmed waiting period of 2 months for amt model due to gearbox supply issue from vendor.
According to him around 80% sell / bookings are of amt nano. Hence no discount on amt nano whereas Tata offering 15k discount for manual variants.
sameervg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 17:00   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Is Tata selling only the GenX Nano now?

All other variants are not to be seen in the price list. I tried a few cities actually.

http://www.tatanano.com/price-list-bangalore.html

If you get in touch with a large tata dealer , you might find some 2015 manufactured Nano twists available in stock. The best part is : they are offering a massive discount of over 40K!

If you wish, I can connect with you with a top dealer in Pune who have some white and gold Nano twist XT s'.

But would you want to drive it to Kochi?
Old 16th September 2015, 02:02   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwant2go View Post
I have booked on 6th July for blue XTA at Aadya Hebbal, Bangalore, not yet Delivered. Today the sales guy said the car has arrived in yard or something and we will get it in 'two' days. This is 10th week since booking.
I am taking the delivery of the vehicle tomorrow. 16th Sep.

What delighted me is the letter from Tata Motors and an audiobook version of Beyond the Last blue Mountain by JRD Tata on a 4GB stick as a token of appreciation for our patronage and gesture of their desire to make amends !

Liked the gesture very much.
Go Tata!
iwant2go is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 07:22   #518
Senior - BHPian

The service is competent enough, at least I have found so while owning a Nano for past three years.
No wrong diagnosis yet and no pushing other unnecessary items such as coating and engine treatment.

Last edited by honeybee : 16th September 2015 at 07:23.
Old 16th September 2015, 08:20   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
If you wish, I can connect with you with a top dealer in Pune who have some white and gold Nano twist XT s'.

But would you want to drive it to Kochi?
No, I am not looking to buy one. Besides, Nano is best with no clutch.

Just wish they had the GenX with the closed hatch and all black interiors.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 15:15   #520
BHPian

Their official website shows three variants of Nano. i.e Genx Nano, Nano Twist and Nano eMAX.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-tata-nano-variant.jpg  

Old 16th September 2015, 15:30   #521
BHPian

Finally, did the PDI of my Red Nano AMT today at Aadya motors Bangalore, yard !!
Expecting registration on Friday and delivery on Saturday. Thats some sort of a record I think as it is precisely 6 weeks since booking the Nano AMT
power ranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 16:21   #522
BHPian

Tata Motors re-positioning of the nano from a '1-lakh' car to a smart and affordable town car seems to be working. The nano was always a component city car; Tata did not know how to market it till now.

I am glad that the market has accepted the AMT version the traditional mindset of 'automatics are bad' seems to be changing now, or should I say is being forced to change thanks to today's city traffic
Old 18th September 2015, 09:42   #523
Senior - BHPian

So the Nano is back with an AMT variant this time. I hope this time Tata Motors does not market it as the "Cheapest AMT car" else they will be looking at another disaster in sales as the first generation Nano did. Anyways this is a welcome addition to the Nano which is a competent city car. Only the numbers in the coming months in addition to the notorious Tata motors after sales will spell if this is a success or not.
Old 18th September 2015, 14:48   #524
BHPian

I was always aware at the back of my mind the horror Tata Service stories, but still when my cousin was looking for an AMT for lady driver, I took him Tata Dealer.

We visited and contacted 4 different dealers, contacted Tata directly, got numerous calls from their call center, but NONE of the dealers had the AMT version of car for test drive. All they could answer was "Sir, try the manual version - they are almost the same" - what the h** !!

In comparison, he went to Maruti Dealer, AMT version was available with the "first" random dealer he visited, test drive was done in an hour - couple of days of waiting for documentation and his car was delivered. Amazing experience.

Even if Tata manages to build nice engineered devices, with the above practical experience, I would never step again on Tata Showroom.
Old 18th September 2015, 15:05   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
We visited and contacted 4 different dealers, contacted Tata directly, got numerous calls from their call center, but NONE of the dealers had the AMT version of car for test drive. All they could answer was "Sir, try the manual version - they are almost the same"- what the h** !!

In comparison, he went to Maruti Dealer, AMT version was available with the "first" random dealer he visited, test drive was done in an hour - couple of days of waiting for documentation and his car was delivered. Amazing experience.
You see how Maruti is able to get the customers? They seem to understand what a prospective customer is looking for in a car, when coming for test drive.
Just introducing an AMT variant is not enough, but they need to keep a test drive car. In India, many of us are driving an automatic for the first time, and we need to make sure we get a good sense of it, before we book.
Just this one aspect would have sold them many more Nanos. Who knows, a person who takes a test drive of AMT, might settle for a manual Nano. However, if you turn them off in the first place, they would go elsewhere. Here is where Alto gains the most. Competitors turn blind eye to A segment buyers' needs. Even if you enter a Hyundai showroom looking for an Eon, they just try to up-sell the Grand i10 or Elite i20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks