Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2015, 09:19   #631
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

yabrez...other accesories were reverse sensor and horn upgrade ( i briught horn outside but asked dealrship to fit it so as not to face any warranty issue). Alloy i removed from my previous nano which also had bridgestone tyres.

other accesory fitted from outside was very light tint sunfilm
Nanolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 10:50   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Pics of persian rose as promised...detailed review later !
Love the all black interior. Tata should give this option for other colours as well. Why is the headrests in that shade? Is it stock?
Old 20th November 2015, 11:27   #633
BHPian

Dear y2ksrs,

In your post #618, you had mentioned about missing child lock on the rear doors.

Here is my tip on alternative/work around for child safety lock.

The black knob (pull/push) on each door, that is used to lock that rear door, can be unscrewed just a nut. This leaves the bare metal rod that connects to the latch. So as an alternative or a work around, the black knob can be unscrewed "after locking" (pushing the knob) the door. This way the kids can't pull the knob up to release the latch to unlock the door.

Hope this is helps.

By the way, I was accepted as a member of this family just few days back hence the delay in my response to your post. Kindly adjust . Intro thread will be posted soon.
T-Bone is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 13:29   #634
BHPian

Took delivery of GenX Nano XT two days back. The delay in delivery for AMT variant forced to book manual one. It was booked on Thursday with full payment and delivered on Tuesday. It will take a week to get the number plates. Looks like dealer is not paying the RTO tithe.
Looks so small outside and so spacious inside
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img20151117wa0003.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img20151117wa0009.jpg  

motor_breathing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 21:27   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Took delivery of GenX Nano XT two days back.
Congrats motor_breathing, your white Nano looks sublime. Wishing you many many miles of smiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Welcome to the forum T-Bone and thanks for a valuable tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Pics of persian rose as promised.
Thanks for the interior pics Nanolover. The all black theme is a welcome change and I see that the seats and doors have a co-ordinated Nano theme as against the Infinity theme found in the other GenX Nanos.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 12:11   #636
BHPian

Booked the XTA Silver this morning from VST Motors. Now the wait begins. Am told sometime in January it may be ready.
Old 22nd November 2015, 12:50   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Dear y2ksrs,

In your post #618, you had mentioned about missing child lock on the rear doors.

The black knob (pull/push) on each door, that is used to lock that rear door, can be unscrewed just a nut. This leaves the bare metal rod that connects to the latch. So as an alternative or a work around, the black knob can be unscrewed "after locking" (pushing the knob) the door. This way the kids can't pull the knob up to release the latch to unlock the door.
Thanks for this info my friend. If I understand your suggestion right, If I install central locking, and remove that black knob, the car can't be opened from the inside without pressing the "open" button on the keyfob, right? Could this actually act like a "work around" child lock? Will this lead to any other safety issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Booked the XTA Silver this morning from VST Motors. Now the wait begins. Am told sometime in January it may be ready.
Congrats on your booking, Buddy. I was talking to my RM at OMR Concorde, and according to him, they are now delivering cars booked in July-August!! My car, which was booked on Nov 1 will apparently be ready only in the first or second week of January, according to him!!

Is the Nano AMT still facing production issues due to the AMT gear box? Isn't the new factories setup by Magneti Mareli helping Tata ramp up Nano AMT production?

Last edited by y2ksrs : 22nd November 2015 at 12:56.
Old 22nd November 2015, 19:14   #638
BHPian

Vst motors T.Nagar mentioned they have one red and one purple AMT in stock. If anyone is interested.
sjcherian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 09:41   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Congrats on your booking, Buddy. I was talking to my RM at OMR Concorde, and according to him, they are now delivering cars booked in July-August!! My car, which was booked on Nov 1 will apparently be ready only in the first or second week of January, according to him!!
Not true !! I was able to pick up my second nano AMT exactly on the 6th week of booking from Aadya Motors Bangalore. I received both the nanos in the 6th week of booking. So it all depends on how you handle and with whom you are dealing with
Old 25th November 2015, 16:52   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this info my friend. If I understand your suggestion right, If I install central locking, and remove that black knob, the car can't be opened from the inside without pressing the "open" button on the keyfob, right? Could this actually act like a "work around" child lock? Will this lead to any other safety issues?
Dear y2ksrs,

Below are the answers to your queries.

Question 1: If I install central locking, and remove that black knob, the car can't be opened from the inside without pressing the "open" button on the keyfob, right?
Answer:
Yes and No.

Yes, because once the black knob is removed the lock cannot be "easily" pull up, at least by kids.

No, someone with smaller fingers and a firm grip can still pull it up. Kids have small fingers but they would'nt have enough grip to pull it hard.

Question 2: Could this actually act like a "work around" child lock?
Answer: Yes, like I mentioned above, kids will not be able to open the latch easily.

Question 3: Will this lead to any other safety issues?
Answer:
Again, yes and no.

Yes, In case of emergencies and if you panic, you would first try to manually pull the latch which might be difficult. But can be overcome with presence of mind and use the central locking keyfob to unlock the door.

No, Vehicle per se, I dont think so. Because the black knob is mechanically not connected to any other part of the car. It just the plastic covering provided to have a firm grip to open the latch.

Some experiment which I did today:
1. Was able to lock/unlock all the doors using my central locking (keyfon and manually pulling up the driver side black knob), sitting inside the car.
2. Removed the black knobs and the tried above step. It worked.
3. Step 2 works even when the engine is running.

Hope it answers all your query to your satisfaction

Disclaimer: The owner of this post will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
T-Bone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 01:44   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Vst motors T.Nagar mentioned they have one red and one purple AMT in stock. If anyone is interested.
Called up VST MOTORS yesterday. They have 3 Purple AMT, 2 Red AMT and 1 White AMT in stock.

Armed with this info, I called up Concorde to make them deliver my car at the earliest, but they simply refused to acknowledge my request and are still quoting a January timeframe for Purple color. I'm going to cancel my booking with Concorde and book with VST on Saturday.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 06:02   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Called up VST MOTORS yesterday. They have 3 Purple AMT, 2 Red AMT and 1 White AMT in stock.

Armed with this info, I called up Concorde to make them deliver my car at the earliest, but they simply refused to acknowledge my request and are still quoting a January timeframe for Purple color. I'm going to cancel my booking with Concorde and book with VST on Saturday.
Please do thorough PDI before agreeing to book.
Old 27th November 2015, 08:08   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Please do thorough PDI before agreeing to book.
Oh yeah, absolutely. Going tomorrow to do just that.

I'll be doing a PDI of the Nano AMT at VST Motors' yard today. With Chennai being battered with all the rains for the past 3 weeks, and the possibility of the car being drenched in the rains and possibly standing in a waterlogged yard, what should I be specifically looking for in the PDI apart from the usual ones mentioned in the TBHP PDI checklist?

Also, with the Nano AMT being a fast moving model, I'm suspicious on how VST actually have the car in stock.

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd December 2015 at 16:16. Reason: General Housekeeping and clean up.
Old 28th November 2015, 10:32   #644
BHPian

Quote:
what should I be specifically looking for in the PDI?

Also, with the Nano AMT being a fast moving model, I'm suspicious on how VST actually have the car in stock.
Check the VIN of all the AMTs, 10th character is for year and will be F- for 2015, important for you will be the 12th character which denotes month.
E- May
F- Jun and so on till
L for Nov.

Alphabets 'I', 'O' and 'Q' are never used in a VIN.

Additionally have a casual chat with the yard security guy to check when the vehicles physically arrived there, whether driven down from a different yard or by truck from the plant.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 12:05   #645
BHPian

Checked out the car in person at VST's yard. The car's VIN ends with FKK19839 indicating it was manufactured in October. The car has been in their yard for about 15 days, according to the yard in charge. Car has 11 km in the odo. Yard is not in an area where there was water logging.

So planning to book the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks