Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2015, 09:59   #736
BHPian

I have written an email to connect@tatamotors.com and Mr.Cyrus Mistry on the poor service experience I had during my 1st service. I had written it yesterday evening and Mr. Mistry had read and forwarded to his team at 11pm!! Now I am getting calls from Head Services of Concorde motors Bangalore and he has assured me the best So friends if you have any issues with Tata motors - sales and service, please don't hesitate to email them.
sairamboko is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 11:13   #737
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

The problem with both Tata and Concorde is that things often need escalation to make them happen. With escalation, anything can be accomplished in both places.

Toyota India, on the other hand, will not respond to emails to senior leadership. But that's ok because things there work driven by processes and there is rarely a cause to escalate to senior levels. This is equally true with DSK Toyota - very process driven. By far the best after sales operation in India today, DSK and, I suspect, the other Toyota dealers as well.

Overall though I am quite happy with the quality of both my Nano and my Toyota - both have been equally glitch and rattle free. Service quality for both has been equally good - with a few escalations done for Nano.
Old 28th December 2015, 16:32   #738
BHPian

Interesting news article on NDTV Auto (Car & Bike) indicates Tata is looking at locally producing the AMT box (similar to what Maruti has I guess).

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-motor...y-2016-1259158
Old 28th December 2015, 20:25   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM_aravind View Post
Nice Pics! Like the color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM_aravind View Post
I accidentally reset the Odo at 100! what is the limit under which the odo can be reset?
Thanks KTM_aravind, colour choice is courtesy our daughter. Congrats on your very own Nano too. Our dealer had said you can reset it once before hitting 200, but not sure as Alphahere mentioned he reset it at 250KMs, so it may be 500KMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
I too own Nano AMT bought in July 2015. The engine noise is definitely high when new but in my experience it became considerably smoother and less noisier post 1500km.
Thanks Damodar, that is good to note that the engine noise eases out over a period of time, or is it that one gets used to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobetterID View Post
Took the delivery of a "Dazzle Blue" XTA from Concorde motors at Dairy Circle in Bangalore this Wednesday.

This is "officially" my wife's car who is a first time driver and still getting the hang of it. Up until she does, I am enjoying this beauty.

The high ground clearance is a boon for the pothole ridden roads of Bangalore.
Congrats nobetterID on your Wife's Nano. Wishing her miles of smiles. I would be keen to hear her experiences. The high ground clearance is indeed very welcome for our Bangalore roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
I believe it is more silent than the Honda City diesel inside. Petrol will be a different story!
Thanks Alphahere, no I meant the engine noise heard outside. Inside it is ok I must say (as compared to my husband's Petrol City)

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Took delivery of my wife's Damson Purple XTA yesterday from OMR Concorde.
Congrats to you and your wife y2ksrs. Purple was our first choice as well, until our daughter used her veto power on her dad to get a Persian Rose colour. !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakha_bhau View Post
Hello X_T_A Rose, do you face any back problems when riding the car? My wife keeps complaining that she had a lot of lower back pain and obviously she does not want to drive the car any more. She is 5'5" and has to pull the seat all the way to the front while riding. If you are not facing any issues then would love to hear if you have made any modifications like adding a pillow or a backrest to get some lumber support.
Thanks a ton in advance.
Congrats sakha_bhau on your Nano. So far, I havent had any issues with the car seating. Of course, even I have pulled the seat all the way to the front and use a small cushion to increase the height (I am only 5' tall and hence may not have faced the issues your wife does). Suggest adding a small cushion / backrest and perhaps she may find it better.

Over the weekend we took the Nano on a 70KM drive to Devarayana Durga (just off the Bangalore - Pune highway at Tumkur). Hubby drove throughout and though he initially wanted to use the Manual mode on the hilly section, he switched to Sport mode as he felt that more responsive. The drive to the top had about 10-12 hairpin turns and was an enjoyable experience overall.

A few photos along the way..
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-nano5.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-nano6.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-nano7.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-nano8.jpg  

X_T_A Rose is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 19:44   #740
BHPian

Today I went to 3M car care in chennai for UV protection film, exterior clean and UV shine and germkleen plus. Costed me around 12 k. Definitely worth it . Would soon do under body protection and paint sealant once I am back to Bangalore . My nano has already completed 2000+ kms I suggest the new nano owners to do underbody protection and paint sealant . I will post photos once I am back to Bangalore.
Old 30th December 2015, 14:53   #741

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I have written an email to connect@tatamotors.com and Mr.Cyrus Mistry on the poor service experience I had during my 1st service. I had written it yesterday evening and Mr. Mistry had read and forwarded to his team at 11pm!! Now I am getting calls from Head Services of Concorde motors Bangalore and he has assured me the best So friends if you have any issues with Tata motors - sales and service, please don't hesitate to email them.
sairamboko thanks for the info. It is quite sad that one has to resort to sending an email to the care for such simple things. Makes me wonder whether i did a mistake by availing the Gold AMC. By the way today i went in to Concorde Motors Balewadi in Pune to hand over documents for registration and after i was done with that I casually asked for the extra remote. Now when I had gone in to get the delivery of the car they had given me a lame excuse saying there are some problems with pairing the second remote and only one can be paired at a time and the other one has to be unpaired etc. After i came back home and I read through the posts here I found out that someone has indeed got a working second remote. So armed with this newfound knowledge i insisted that I get the second remote today and they sold me one for Rs. 875/- and had it successfully paired. I guess they were just lazy on the day of delivery since it was late in the evening, this inspite of the fact that i had told them before hand that i need the extra remote.

Anyway, one thing i wanted to ask is has anyone here @TBHP gotten the remote boot opener? The concorde folks told me that they were having some trouble with that accessory and had to send it back to the factory, although they promised it would be fixed in 2-3 weeks and i can get one. Please let me know if anyone has had success with that accessory.
Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 07:06   #742
BHPian

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Even I have taken the the gold AMC. Tata is still improving and we have to bear it. Their escalation works well. My ac problem mentioned earlier has occurred again even after replacing thermostat. Yesterday Concorde motors picked up my car and expecting delivery today. Nano did good during my Bangalore to chennai trip. Without ac I got 21kms/l mileage. With ac at 3 , I got 17 kms/l mileage.
Old 31st December 2015, 08:56   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_T_A Rose View Post
Thanks KTM_aravind, colour choice is courtesy our daughter. Congrats on your very own Nano too. Our dealer had said you can reset it once before hitting 200, but not sure as Alphahere mentioned he reset it at 250KMs, so it may be 500KMs.

Over the weekend we took the Nano on a 70KM drive to Devarayana Durga (just off the Bangalore - Pune highway at Tumkur). Hubby drove throughout and though he initially wanted to use the Manual mode on the hilly section, he switched to Sport mode as he felt that more responsive. The drive to the top had about 10-12 hairpin turns and was an enjoyable experience overall.

A few photos along the way..
Hey I was in in Devrayana durga aswell ! I was there on the 26th any chance that I could have seen your car there?

My AMT returned a mileage of 22kmpl in the whole journey from Bangalore to Devarayana Durga and back. I was very surprised as this was my first long drive in the nano and the first time I saw the Average FE climbed over 15. The total journey was around 160 odd kms.
Old 31st December 2015, 11:13   #744
BHPian

Quote:
After i came back home and I read through the posts here I found out that someone has indeed got a working second remote. So armed with this newfound knowledge i insisted that I get the second remote today and they sold me one for Rs. 875/- and had it successfully paired.

Anyway, one thing i wanted to ask is has anyone here @TBHP gotten the remote boot opener? The concorde folks told me that they were having some trouble with that accessory and had to send it back to the factory, although they promised it would be fixed in 2-3 weeks and i can get one. Please let me know if anyone has had success with that accessory.
Thanks
I have got the remote boot opener installed on my XTA. It has been working fine till now. It's been about 2 months since installed. The unit is a fairly simple one from AutoCop. Looks like a usual remote central locking unit with a single actuator. The control box is mounted near the fuse box under the steering wheel and wire is routed through the roof trim to the actuator inside the boot door. When activated with the existing remote, the boot door pops open. And it can be activated both while engine is running and while off too.

Thanks for the useful information about the spare remote. I was on the lookout for one and the price seems fair enough.
alphahere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 11:50   #745
BHPian

An update on my ac issue. Concorde called me and said they are working with Pune team on this. Seems some technical fault. They are hoping to give my car today evening or else they would give me a loaner car. So far so good with the response. Hope the issue is sorted out soon.
Old 31st December 2015, 14:27   #746

Quote:
I have got the remote boot opener installed on my XTA. It has been working fine till now. It's been about 2 months since installed. The unit is a fairly simple one from AutoCop. Looks like a usual remote central locking unit with a single actuator. The control box is mounted near the fuse box under the steering wheel and wire is routed through the roof trim to the actuator inside the boot door. When activated with the existing remote, the boot door pops open. And it can be activated both while engine is running and while off too.

Thanks for the useful information about the spare remote. I was on the lookout for one and the price seems fair enough.
Thanks alphahere for the info on the remote boot opener, did you get it from Concorde/Tata or from some outside vendor? How much did you pay for it? and does it affect the warranty on the car?

Overall I am in love with the car so far instead of riding my bike i prefer her these days. I am loving the AMT too it is indeed a boon in city traffic. Mileage wise I am getting about 12.4 kmpl in city with AC on 90% of the time, which is low, hopefully it will get better after the first service it will go up. The dilemma is my Indica Vista 2008 mode also currently give me about 14-15 kmpl in city with AC i was hoping the Nano XTA can beat that.

Oh one small thing on cement roads the ride gets bumpy, do you folks think my tyres might be over-inflated? i have not checked them ever since delivery. Although my worry is reducing the pressure might affect the AFE.
Old 31st December 2015, 17:00   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Mileage wise I am getting about 12.4 kmpl in city with AC on 90% of the time, which is low, hopefully it will get better after the first service it will go up. The dilemma is my Indica Vista 2008 mode also currently give me about 14-15 kmpl in city with AC i was hoping the Nano XTA can beat that.
See my post on Sept 1st. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3792133

4 months later it has become 12kmpl. But then my office which is 10km away takes an hour on a good day. Other than a general cleaning they dont do oil change or stuff like that in the first service , hence first service may not make a significant difference. When I hit the highway it shoots up to 19 or 20. So I guess , for the new breed of auto-Nanos ( no pun intended ) the driving terrain affects the FE to a much larger extent.

Interesting thing is the AFE never goes below 10 on the display. Is it electronically sealed at 10 ?! It cannot be the case that the minimum FE is guaranteed to be 10 :-)
Old 31st December 2015, 17:21   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks alphahere for the info on the remote boot opener, did you get it from Concorde/Tata or from some outside vendor? How much did you pay for it? and does it affect the warranty on the car?

Overall I am in love with the car so far instead of riding my bike i prefer her these days. I am loving the AMT too it is indeed a boon in city traffic. Mileage wise I am getting about 12.4 kmpl in city with AC on 90% of the time, which is low, hopefully it will get better after the first service it will go up. The dilemma is my Indica Vista 2008 mode also currently give me about 14-15 kmpl in city with AC i was hoping the Nano XTA can beat that.

Oh one small thing on cement roads the ride gets bumpy, do you folks think my tyres might be over-inflated? i have not checked them ever since delivery. Although my worry is reducing the pressure might affect the AFE.
1. I got the remote boot opener from Concorde Bangalore. Managed to get it for 1800 bucks. It is branded as Tata Original Part even though AutoCop makes it. So warranty should not be an issue. Moreover I do not think this kind of a unit will be available in the outside market as other takers will be few.

2. These days there is nothing to be done at first service that will improve FE. That being said cleaning of filters during service and correcting tyre pressures will have an impact on FE. Even I felt my FE was low when I got the car. Over time you will tend to get used to the car and will learn how to extract maximum FE. I have managed upto 16kmpl but a more practical figure is 13 to 13.5kmpl with ac in city. Suggest not to compare with a diesel as they are inherently more efficient than petrols (Assuming your vista is diesel). My i20 diesel which weighs twice as much as nano and thrice as powerful gives same mileage of 13kmpl in the city..

3. Tyre pressure is almost sure to be very high out of the showroom. It was around 45psi when I got mine. Similarly alignment was way off. Got both corrected as first action item out of the showroom.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:44   #749

Quote:
1. I got the remote boot opener from Concorde Bangalore. Managed to get it for 1800 bucks. It is branded as Tata Original Part even though AutoCop makes it. So warranty should not be an issue. Moreover I do not think this kind of a unit will be available in the outside market as other takers will be few.

2. These days there is nothing to be done at first service that will improve FE. That being said cleaning of filters during service and correcting tyre pressures will have an impact on FE. Even I felt my FE was low when I got the car. Over time you will tend to get used to the car and will learn how to extract maximum FE. I have managed upto 16kmpl but a more practical figure is 13 to 13.5kmpl with ac in city. Suggest not to compare with a diesel as they are inherently more efficient than petrols (Assuming your vista is diesel). My i20 diesel which weighs twice as much as nano and thrice as powerful gives same mileage of 13kmpl in the city..

3. Tyre pressure is almost sure to be very high out of the showroom. It was around 45psi when I got mine. Similarly alignment was way off. Got both corrected as first action item out of the showroom.
alphahere: Thanks for the info on the remote boot opener, i will get one fixed in about two weeks.

2. As for the AFE I meant my Indica Vista Safire which is a Fiat Petrol engine. Also the claimed AFE on this car pales in comparison to the Alto, Eon, Kwid's of this world even in the manual variant. Could this be due to the two cylinder engine?

3. Thanks for tyre pressure and alignment info i will get them checked and fixed if required. Whats the best recommended values considering road grip and also AFE.
Old 2nd January 2016, 20:14   #750
BHPian

I had taken the AMT on a long drive to Ooty and I happen to cross the 1000Km mark on the way and i wanted to get the oil changed as fast possible as the manual and the sales guy had told me before handing the car.I was afraid that it would void the warranty if not done on time.

So I dropped into the Tafe Access TATA ASS and got a engine oil change. But they changed the oil filter as well. Also because I was not carrying my service manual, free service didn't apply to this service and I ended up paying 1580Rs from my pocket with a free service and AMC in my name.

I insisted that I would give them the number in the free service coupon required which might help them in logging the service as free service but was informed that they couldn't do it without the hardcopy.

Does it always work this way or was i just ripped off for being an outsider in Ooty?

Most Viewed