Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2016, 20:40   #1081
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Sometime back I had made a visit to a Tata showroom and inspected the Nano too. The sales guy told me that central locking is present on the top model but only for the front two doors

Sorry forgot to clarify that. But how can central locking be present only for two? My understanding is that central locking means the ability to have all the doors locked simultaneously (4+1).

What am I missing here ?
Central locking is present for all doors. I think you have to buy an accessory to enable the dickey to be opened using the remote.
As has been mentioned already, there's an inbuilt security system that sounds the horn when the doors are opened without the remote (provided the door was locked with the remote).
I'm surprised that the sales person could get such elementary facts wrong.
Nissan1180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 07:03   #1082
BHPian

I have completed 10,000 KMS on my 10 months old genx XT Nano. Have to give it service probably next week or later. During this second service, I have to do some paint jobs. Have dents here and there.

Below are the trips I have taken in my nano:

1. Bangalore-Salem-Bangalore
2. Bangalore-Coimbatore-Bangalore - 3 times
3. Bangalore-Tirupati-Bangalore
4. Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore - twice
5. Bangalore-Bandipur-Ooty-Avinashi-Salem-Bangalore
6. Bangalore-Salem-Namakkal-Tiruchi-Thiruvarur-Tiruchi-Namakkal-Bangalore

Overall I am very much satisfied with my Nano. Nowadays if there is any travel, we are not worried about tickets availability. If tickets are available, then trains are preferred or else its my Nano
sairamboko is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 10:39   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
The only statement that I disagree with is that there is no security system. A theft deterring alarm system is very much present and it is wired to the horn. It is an immobilizer that is missing in the nano. So even when the alarm keeps blaring, the car can be started and driven off. It even has a missed door lock indication where if any of the doors are not properly closed and the car is locked using the remote, the horn gives a short warning beep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
As has been mentioned already, there's an inbuilt security system that sounds the horn when the doors are opened without the remote (provided the door was locked with the remote).
Thanks Alphahere and Nissan1180 for this info - I didn't know about this as I have never tried unlocking the door without the remote after locking with the remote. I have noticed the lights flashing when attempting to lock using the remote when one of the doors were not closed properly.
Old 1st September 2016, 12:09   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I have completed 10,000 KMS on my 10 months old genx XT Nano. Have to give it service probably next week or later. During this second service, I have to do some paint jobs. Have dents here and there.

Below are the trips I have taken in my nano:

1. Bangalore-Salem-Bangalore
2. Bangalore-Coimbatore-Bangalore - 3 times
3. Bangalore-Tirupati-Bangalore
4. Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore - twice
5. Bangalore-Bandipur-Ooty-Avinashi-Salem-Bangalore
6. Bangalore-Salem-Namakkal-Tiruchi-Thiruvarur-Tiruchi-Namakkal-Bangalore

Overall I am very much satisfied with my Nano. Nowadays if there is any travel, we are not worried about tickets availability. If tickets are available, then trains are preferred or else its my Nano
Wow!! That's a fair bit of long distance running you have done with the lil' fellow.
How have you found it on the highway - the brakes, the stability at speeds in excess of 60/70kmph? I presume you try and stick to speeds below 80?
Old 1st September 2016, 13:42   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Wow!! That's a fair bit of long distance running you have done with the lil' fellow.
How have you found it on the highway - the brakes, the stability at speeds in excess of 60/70kmph? I presume you try and stick to speeds below 80?
The Nano is very much stable in highways. I maintain speeds of 100kmph in major highways. It's very much stable , no issues whatsoever
sairamboko is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 13:38   #1086
BHPian

Yesterday I was able to get my nano serviced. This time it was quick. There is a remarkable improvement in service levels. However post the service, there is a pull towards the left side. I guess the TASS messed up the wheel alignment. Any other pointers on what the cause for the pull be?
Old 2nd September 2016, 13:57   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I was able to get my nano serviced. This time it was quick. There is a remarkable improvement in service levels. However post the service, there is a pull towards the left side. I guess the TASS messed up the wheel alignment. Any other pointers on what the cause for the pull be?
Do check air pressure of the tires as sometimes they screw up tire pressure on one side.
sjcherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 19:25   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Do check air pressure of the tires as sometimes they screw up tire pressure on one side.
Thanks sjcherian!! I went to the nearby wheel alignment center and got it fixed. The alignment was way off than what it should be. Also the front right tyre had a pressure if 42 psi!!! See the attached photos on how the alignment was messed!!
Old 2nd September 2016, 19:44   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sjcherian!! I went to the nearby wheel alignment center and got it fixed. The alignment was way off than what it should be. Also the front right tyre had a pressure if 42 psi!!! See the attached photos on how the alignment was messed!!
Do not see a picture here. Can you please repost?
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 20:00   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Do not see a picture here. Can you please repost?
Thank you! Somehow unable to upload images from phone/ipad. Here you go.

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_0041.jpg
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_0042.jpg
sairamboko is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 06:37   #1091
BHPian

An update - after fixing the wheel alignment outside TASS, I rode the Nano from Bangalore to Hyderabad. Again the problem has crept out!! I am going to take it to a service center in hyderabad to fix it. A routine service resulting in more problems, only Tata can do it!!!
Old 6th September 2016, 06:53   #1092
BHPian

In Hyderabad advice you to get serviced at malik motors TASS at towlichoki.They are the best. I have been going there from last 7 years for my nano needs.
Vulken Auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 08:11   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
In Hyderabad advice you to get serviced at malik motors TASS at towlichoki.They are the best. I have been going there from last 7 years for my nano needs.
Thanks a lot Vulken!! I will pay them a visit shortly after breakfast.
Old 7th September 2016, 07:31   #1094
BHPian

Hi All - I was requested to give my Genx Nano XT to concorde motors, sanath nagar for diagnosis. I have been given a loaner car. They will investigate it and hoepfully will be fixed by today. Yesterday we tried a lot like wheel balancing and rotating the front tyres. It didnt work. Hoping for the best today!
Old 7th September 2016, 17:35   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All - I was requested to give my Genx Nano XT to concorde motors, sanath nagar for diagnosis. I have been given a loaner car. They will investigate it and hoepfully will be fixed by today. Yesterday we tried a lot like wheel balancing and rotating the front tyres. It didnt work. Hoping for the best today!
Issue has been fixed. Front tyres were rotated inside out (if I understood that correctly) . After this the service manager and myself took test drives and we were happy. Finally relieved and happy that this issue has been fixed
sairamboko is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks