Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2016, 19:24   #1096
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Issue has been fixed. Front tyres were rotated inside out (if I understood that correctly) . After this the service manager and myself took test drives and we were happy. Finally relieved and happy that this issue has been fixed
Did you mean to say the front left and right wheels and tires were switched or just the tires inside Vs outside facing ? Some tires have markings that indicate which side should face outwards.
Old 7th September 2016, 19:38   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Did you mean to say the front left and right wheels and tires were switched or just the tires inside Vs outside facing ? Some tires have markings that indicate which side should face outwards.
I think both. I understood what the service engineer said but I am not able to explain it properly. Sorry
Old 7th September 2016, 19:55   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
I think both. I understood what the service engineer said but I am not able to explain it properly. Sorry
Not a problem - am sure the service engineer wont be able to explain how he solved the issue either .

I have encountered my first issue with the Nano AMT so far. The black plastic surround for the door opening lever (door pull) on the front left side fell off. I managed to put it back but it comes off at intervals. Nothing serious thankfully.
Old 7th September 2016, 20:23   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Not a problem - am sure the service engineer wont be able to explain how he solved the issue either .

I have encountered my first issue with the Nano AMT so far. The black plastic surround for the door opening lever (door pull) on the front left side fell off. I managed to put it back but it comes off at intervals. Nothing serious thankfully.
Good to know that yours is not a serious one . Let me rephrase it once again what the service engineer did - he brought the left side of the tyre to the right and vice versa. Hope this makes sense
Old 7th September 2016, 21:03   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
A routine service resulting in more problems, only Tata can do it!!!
Hi sairamboko,

I can feel your pain.
They did the same to me in Goa resulting in me having to shell out Rs. 700 for a new tyre and using the new stepney as well.
They refused to admit their mistake even though I escalated the matter.
Started getting the standard copy/paste replies and finally gave up.
My clear instructions to them now are : Do not touch my wheel alignment.

SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 11:24   #1101
BHPian

Tata Nano helps 3 friends complete 18,000 km Mongol Rally (Route details and 30 images)
https://www.rushlane.com/tata-nano-m...-12205007.html
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-capture.jpg
mayankverma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 11:37   #1102
BHPian

And there is a LTD sticker present Can the tbhpian who completed this enormous feat, please stand up?

Image source :https://www.rushlane.com/tata-nano-m...-12205007.html
sairamboko is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 15:44   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
^Mongol Rally :
One of the participants is a childhood friend of mine
Rgds,
Bhavin
Quote:
And there is a LTD sticker present Can the tbhpian who completed this enormous feat, please stand up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Tata Nano helps 3 friends complete 18,000 km Mongol Rally (Route details and 30 images)
https://www.rushlane.com/tata-nano-m...-12205007.html

I think I can guess the source of that LTD. GrammarNazi had posted earlier that his childhood friend was one of the 3 participating in the rally. Good to know they had a thoroughly adventurous trip in the Nano .

Last edited by uday.ere : 8th September 2016 at 15:48.
Old 8th September 2016, 16:22   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Super glad that they not just made through the Mongol Rally, but also did it with such flamboyance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
...GrammarNazi had posted earlier that his childhood friend was one of the 3 participating in the rally. Good to know they had a thoroughly adventurous trip in the Nano .
Hi, yeah Bhairav was my classmate at school.

The guy in the pic (Binoy) is a member here, I think.

I'm guessing the travelogue must be in the making!
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 01:40   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
I encountered this problem on my first Tata Car (2010 Vista QJD). The problem was that initially from factory the alignment was not set properly and I did not bother to check it when I recieved the car. At 10k kms the alignment was set properly but the front wheels were so unevenly worn that the car was pulling strongly to one side when the alignment was corrected. I had to switch those wheels inside out like you said and put them on the rear end and put the rear tyres on the front end. This is not an option on the nano but do check out if your front tyres are unevenly worn out.
The GenX is my third car from Tata stables and all three of them did not have proper alignment from factory. And the same issue was present in a friend's Zest as well. If you buy a Tata car, the first thing before entering your own gate is to get the alignment fixed outside.
alphahere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 16:23   #1106
BHPian

Have a query on behalf of my sister.

She owns XTA which is couple of months old and a biker today hit the front bumper while the car was stationary at a signal. There is a cut toward the end of the bumper.

Any repair possible? What is the best possible solution for this and the probable cost involved. Based on this she would recover the amount from him (my sister has taken bikers contact number).

Thanks in advance.

KK
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img20160917wa0018.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img20160917wa0017.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img20160917wa0015.jpg  

Old 17th September 2016, 17:09   #1107
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks to have cut at the end, where a crucial mounting point is. May require replacement for proper fit.
( A dent would have been easy. )

Pls have your sister get it checked by a TASS - which can also provide the cost also.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:02   #1108
BHPian

Recently I'm carpooling with my friend who owns a Tata Nano AMT. Few things I noticed about the AMT variant:
  • Overtaking vehicles is a pain. There is hardly any pickup!
  • Struggles to move forward in inclines. I had a tough time taking the car out of my office where is a big incline. For a moment I thought the car might start going back, but somehow it struggled to climb the incline.
  • The car doesn't move forward when I release the brake. I remember riding a Nissan AT in USA where the car starts to move slowly in 'D' mode after releasing the brake, and picks up speed only after pressing the accelerator. I didn't see this in Nano.
  • Because of the braking issue mentioned in the above post, moving slightly ahead in bumper-to-bumper traffic gets difficult. When I press the accelerator lightly and immedately apply the brake, the car moves a distance more than expected.
  • Odd position of window control buttons
  • Noisy engine
  • My friend says the car gets heated up after driving for around 200 kms. So he is forced to take a break for the engine to cool down.
Old 23rd September 2016, 18:28   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Recently I'm carpooling with my friend who owns a Tata Nano AMT. Few things I noticed about the AMT variant:
  • Overtaking vehicles is a pain. There is hardly any pickup!
  • Struggles to move forward in inclines. I had a tough time taking the car out of my office where is a big incline. For a moment I thought the car might start going back, but somehow it struggled to climb the incline.
  • The car doesn't move forward when I release the brake. I remember riding a Nissan AT in USA where the car starts to move slowly in 'D' mode after releasing the brake, and picks up speed only after pressing the accelerator. I didn't see this in Nano.
  • Because of the braking issue mentioned in the above post, moving slightly ahead in bumper-to-bumper traffic gets difficult. When I press the accelerator lightly and immedately apply the brake, the car moves a distance more than expected.
  • Odd position of window control buttons
  • Noisy engine
  • My friend says the car gets heated up after driving for around 200 kms. So he is forced to take a break for the engine to cool down.
Have you tried driving it in the S mode? It might make a difference especially while overtaking.
I'm rather surprised by the car getting (over?) heated after around 200 kms of driving. I've known of people doing the Bangalore Calicut stretch without much of a fuss on this car.
Looks like your friend's car has some issue. Should get it checked out.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 18:34   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Have you tried driving it in the S mode? It might make a difference especially while overtaking.
I'm rather surprised by the car getting (over?) heated after around 200 kms of driving. I've known of people doing the Bangalore Calicut stretch without much of a fuss on this car.
Looks like your friend's car has some issue. Should get it checked out.
This model doesn't have a 'S' mode. In fact, that is what I had in mind when I observed the lack of power, but unfortunately this model doesn't have that option.
My friend mentioned about driving from Bangalore to Mangalore, and about being forced to take a stop because of engine overheat.
Other than these, it is a lovely car, and easy to drive around in city traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks