Old 27th October 2016, 06:17   #1141
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Whats your views on this people?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/55076052.cms
Old 27th October 2016, 09:36   #1142
Distinguished - BHPian

I have always felt that Nano has been similar to a CSR activity with a slight business interest involved in it. Tata group of companies have several such products which are the cheapest (or among the cheapest) and yet, they are of good quality. It is as if the common man should also be able to purchase good products. Some of the examples are Tata Agni, Tata Swacch, Voltas 0.5 ton AC (priced below 10k several years ago), Titan Sonata and many more.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 10:06   #1143
Senior - BHPian

I agree that it should be shut down, even while having one myself and liking it.

They built a capacity of 20,000 cars a month, and in 2016, eight years later, are barely selling 700-800 a month. Even today, AMT and all.

At just 15 kilometres to a litre of petrol, the common man could never have afforded it, even if the on road price was to be Rs 1 lakh. Nice idea, the car, but a commercial failure, no doubt about it.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 11:46   #1144

Hi,

Seriously looking at owning it, I did a short test drive of the Nano AMT couple of days ago. Was curious how it compared With my 5 years experience with an I10 Automatic.

I found the power adequate and good enough to pull 3 midsize adults and a kid. Very good management of space. Even when the driver seat was pushed fully back, I found the rear seat legspace adequate. Very easy and simple to drive around.

However, I did notice that the ride quality was 'basic and bumpy' as mentioned in the official review way back in May 2015.

From the recent owners would like to know - is it still the same 'bumpy' ride or Tata has improved and it was the car which I drove was bumpy ?

Another query for the owners who have been using it for a long time - does the car become smoother over a period of time ?

Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 12:22   #1145
BHPian

Booked a Nano XTA yesterday from SAB Motors, Ghaziabad... Delivery around 20th November 2016 as I am not in town plus they are getting the freshly minted nano from the plant, in what I suppose to be a brand new color which i discovered on the Nano website.

Eagerly Awaiting the same.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-screen-shot-20161029-12.19.49-pm.png  

iabhishekkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 12:37   #1146
BHPian

I have also booked the coffee brown color today. The delivery is next Sunday, Nov 6th. I think this new color looks cool on Nano and the interior theme in brown matches the exterior color. Looking forward to bringing her home.
Old 3rd November 2016, 15:02   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Booked a Nano XTA yesterday from SAB Motors, Ghaziabad... Delivery around 20th November 2016 as I am not in town plus they are getting the freshly minted nano from the plant, in what I suppose to be a brand new color which i discovered on the Nano website.

Eagerly Awaiting the same.

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVNair View Post
I have also booked the coffee brown color today. The delivery is next Sunday, Nov 6th. I think this new color looks cool on Nano and the interior theme in brown matches the exterior color. Looking forward to bringing her home.
Hi Guys, I hope you would not mind sharing the OTR at your locations I'm interested to know if you have received any discounts. I'm looking to book the XTA but waiting for a good deal from last 2 months or so! The current discount at Pune is ~20K which involves Free insurance for 1st year + 3k cash benefits + 2k corporate discounts.
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:03   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
Hi Guys, I hope you would not mind sharing the OTR at your locations I'm interested to know if you have received any discounts. I'm looking to book the XTA but waiting for a good deal from last 2 months or so! The current discount at Pune is ~20K which involves Free insurance for 1st year + 3k cash benefits + 2k corporate discounts.
OTR in Bangalore is INR 3.60 Lakhs with some discounts.
KVNair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 20:25   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
OTR that I got was INR 3.25 Lakhs with the following:

1. First Year Insurance Free
2. INR 10,000 cash discount
3. INR 2500 discount (Accessories charges that they usually quote on price list)
4. INR 6266 discount (Corporate Discount + Others)
5. INR 5935 discount (AMC for 3 years/30,000 kms)

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 22:31   #1150
BHPian

Re: 17,000 in my Nano XT (Manual)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Noticed that you have replaced the stock head unit. Good decision IMO. Is the aftermarket unit a direct fit or does it require spacer or adapter? Is it possible to install it just like the stock system, that is, horizontally instead of the facing up position?
It's a direct fit and did not require any spacer or adapter. The HU and speakers are infact the ones I had used in my previous Nano which I had removed before selling it. And regarding the position, I doubt if it's possible to align it horizontally as the inner side of the slot is perfect for a normal HU. In fact, the TATA HU has a projected panel so as to match the outer profile. I'm really not sure as to how it would work with a spacer but still you will not get a perfect profile as the rest of the panel is curved and not straight.

Sharing few more observations:

1) I was driving around in my aunts old Zen (2006) for almost two weeks in Chennai and I really felt like going in for such a car - the engine was really lovely and free revving and the low seating coupled with the age old simple interiors gave an extremely unique feel. I expected to feel really horrible when I drive the Nano after such a fun filled experience with the Zen, but I was surprised. I immediately loved the Nano once again - I really love the way the Nano's steering responds and behaves (the Zen had a horrible EPS). It completely complements the cars character. Also, I noticed myself drive in a different way post the zen experience. I revved more and driving was no more sedate but the Nano did not complain much. I'm once again in love with this car within the city. Ofcourse, more power and refinement would be great but I can't find any fault for what this car truly intends to be.

2) There are a couple of rattles as I mentioned and I'm freaking (I don't know why). Like any car enthusiast, rattles disturb my sleep literally. It makes me feel depressed, the thoughts of whether I've been cheated on quality, the constant distraction that they create in your mind (in terms of observing the sound and identifying the source and a million random thoughts of more rattles creeping up) - drives don't get peaceful when your car rattles. Even a wee bit. I don't really know If I'm going through a Rattle-o-phobia or something

Rattle 1 - from the LHS glovebox/speaker
Rattle 2 - Driver door/ somewhere around the Driver seat

3) Looking at the news of Tata Motors planning to stop Nano due to the huge losses made me worried and I was looking at the best next car to upgrade (tiago , figo sorts) but driving the Nano again around the narrow city roads and parking in literally minuscule spaces erased all such thoughts. I will try keeping this car as long as possible - there is no other car that's as much suited to drive in the City as the Nano. Period.

Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 07:12   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Ofcourse, more power and refinement would be great but I can't find any fault for what this car truly intends to be.

2) Like any car enthusiast, rattles disturb my sleep literally.
3) I will try keeping this car as long as possible - there is no other car that's as much suited to drive in the City as the Nano. Period.
Three excellent observations, I agree entirely. The more I use the car in the city, the more I like it.

And the problem with rattles is that they are so difficult to locate. I finally nailed mine to a slight loose OE parcel + speaker shelf at the rear that arose because it moves a little from side to side. A dab of Blu tack in the gap has fixed that permanently. Recently another frustrating rattle was found to be something as simple as a loose jack under the passenger seat - the rattle sounded like something loose inside the front dashboard. But overall, the car is rattle free.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 10:06   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I finally nailed mine to a slight loose OE parcel + speaker shelf at the rear that arose because it moves a little from side to side.
I have noticed the same rattling of the parcel try. Have not had a chance to do anything about it yet - will try to fix it the same way over one of these weekends. The only other issue I have seen is the black plastic surround around the passenger side door pull level falls off at intervals !
No other issues seen. Covered 4500 Km since January now.
Old 15th November 2016, 18:08   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Three excellent observations, I agree entirely. The more I use the car in the city, the more I like it.

And the problem with rattles is that they are so difficult to locate. But overall, the car is rattle free.
Thank you! I really haven't tried to find the source of the rattes. Will do that soon.

I had received a call yesterday from Trivandrum Motors about a camp that's happening this week which includes a free 40 point check up and an exterior wash. Since the service center is quite close to where I live, I said yes and booked an appointment for today. Dropped my car in there at 10 am and was surprised to see a school friend of mine working there . So I left my car there with peace of mind and was promised a delivery by afternoon. I had also mentioned about the Central Lock issue (Left F & R doors locks do not engage at times while locking centrally). Received a call at 11.30 saying that the check up is over and that the Central lock actuator is faulty. He ordered the part and will arrive in a few days. Since the Service center is full due to the camp, he said it would be comfortable if I could take the car sometime next week. I happily agreed. Went there at 2 pm, collected my clean looking car and thanked him. I also happened to check a tiago once again which was on display and boy, it feels so impressive.

While returning back, i was able to take my car to 90 to 95 kmph after quite a long break as the car never has seen the highway for over 7 months. I felt the car to be more refined, engine was much more smoother, it felt stable and I was very much comfortable at 90 kmph. Personally owning such a little car is not going deter me from taking it out on long drives.

A few words about Trivandrum Motors - it's been just around 6 months since the service center opened. It's a small facility with a very small customer lounge cum office. I wouldn't like waiting in there for a long time. But the service and interactions were prompt and very good. They are opening a new, much bigger facility opposite to Marikkar Nissan showroom en route to Kazhakkoottam.

FE Update

16.7 kmpl for the last 200 km - 100% peak hour city driving with 2 to 4 passengers and 100% use of air-con.

Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 19:26   #1154
BHPian

Delivery scheduled for Tuesday/Wednesday for the new Nano XTA that I booked last month. The car has been here since last 10 days but since I was not in town so could not bring her home.

Some pictures that I did when I had a first look at her in the dealer's yard 2-3 days back.

Rest of the pics would follow post delivery!

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20161115-11.01.10.jpeg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20161115-11.01.09.jpeg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20161115-11.01.09-1.jpeg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20161115-11.01.08-1.jpeg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20161115-11.01.08.jpeg  

iabhishekkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 19:50   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Delivery scheduled for Tuesday/Wednesday for the new Nano XTA that I booked last month.
Looks great in brown. Congrats ! Wish you all the very best with the delivery and the ownership.
sjcherian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks