Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2017, 16:40   #1246
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
If you keep your lunch box in boot area, there is good chance that hot food would not shed much temperature as the rear-mounted engine keeps the boot area hot.
But it ll be super chilled if you keep the food in cabin as the AC will freeze your bones !! that powerful it is when compared to the entry segment cars.
Bibin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 18:37   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
But it ll be super chilled if you keep the food in cabin as the AC will freeze your bones !! that powerful it is when compared to the entry segment cars.

As a fact of matter, till date I have driven number of small cars for thousand of kilometers but none was a quick chiller like Nano. My Nano is just one year old, don't know how long will it be like this though.

Is there anyone in this group who can get me to interact with Tata Motors marketing people who are unable to sell this car with following distinction:

1. Superb sound (it's never like an auto, it's different: like a bullet!)
2. Maneuver like a bike (superb handling!) and sometime a even a bike feels envious the way it tackles the traffic.
3. Great ground clearance, Team-BHP said somewhere that it has 190 mm ground clearance for manual model and 180 mm for AMT. Whatever, it hates to kiss road abnormalities!
4. Loads of space. I drive alone but even when I'm with 4 adults, none complains (rather exclaims with surprise)
5. Up to 80 kmph of speed, the acceleration is comparable to my 105 bhp Fabia. (And, pls don't drive this beyond 80 for safety reasons.)
6. Fuel efficiency always above 15 kmpl. And that with the chiller on..
7. You will never complain for parking space and even others thank you for sparing more space for them!!
8. It's much more beautiful (the cutest) than any Japanese or Korean small cars (except my Matiz, which was comparable!)

Boss, Nano should be command financial incentive from the government, in the form of attracting less parking charge, less toll tax etc for proper reasons. For dropping children to school, or going to office or to buy grocery no car can be better than this..an all whether car!

Tata Motors..are you listening to me!

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th April 2017 at 14:42. Reason: 2 smileys max. Please read our rules before proceeding.
kbishwa is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 09:20   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
My Nano is just one year old, don't know how long will it be like this though.

Boss, Nano should be command financial incentive from the government, in the form of attracting less parking charge, less toll tax etc for proper reasons. For dropping children to school, or going to office or to buy grocery no car can be better than this..an all whether car!

Tata Motors..are you listening to me!
Nano comes with a AC filter in the cabin so if you find cooling a bit low just get it cleaned.

I have been using the XTA for exactly the same sort of usage for past 2 years and loving it more as traffic keeps increasing. I have a HEXA but for travelling alone its always the NANO for me. A small video on how its been used daily for short journeys since 2 years and 6500km.

damodar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 11:44   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Got a Purple XTA for the wife in Jan '16 (bought in Nov '15, registered in Jan), and can't complain - is the car for the purpose. City drives are a breeze and traffic is not that much a worry considering the small footprint (tyreprint?) and turning radius. The celebration kit complete with sunroof is the icing.

Have used the little wonder extensively whene'er my primary ride is in for service, and have even driven from Madras to Hyderabad without breaking a sweat - of course it tops out at about 105 to 110 kmph, which means you'll have a LOT of leisure to watch the nature and beauty that you may have missed when zooming by in a different car! That said, the drive took me only 9 hours (as against 8 in my Verna) with similar stop-overs.

But I think Tata has damaged the brand beyond redemption by initially marketing it as a cheap car - everyone who's got in and driven with me loved it, but were not able to digest the fact that a Nano can cost 3.5 lakhs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Nano comes with a AC filter in the cabin so if you find cooling a bit low just get it cleaned.
Would you know which side it is/ how to access it?
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 15:08   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

Would you know which side it is/ how to access it?
It's accessible from the front passenger area under the central console. But get it cleaned at TASS as it's not a easy DIY job.
Old 25th April 2017, 19:26   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
But I think Tata has damaged the brand beyond redemption by initially marketing it as a cheap car - everyone who's got in and driven with me loved it, but were not able to digest the fact that a Nano can cost 3.5 lakhs!

That is spot on !

This good product must get re-launched with a different name and with some tweaks to the body shape. The new name might bring it luck. Tiago and Hexa are picking up, hope Tata does something with the Nano by maintaining the same footprint area
Old 26th April 2017, 18:19   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post

My first interaction with KHT wasnt great. Anyway i will try them one more time. But if Prenana service is better, i dont mind going there.
My second service ( 12 months/4000 km done) was done today at KHT motors, Brooksfield . Experience was mostly average or below average
  1. Left front shock Absorber sound on sudden release of shocks - They claim shocks are fine, but sounds are still there. Will need to visit them again.
  2. AC belt sound - They claim belt tension is corrected and a very common complaint for Nano; I didnt hear that sound after service.
  3. Headlight focusing - light beams are still going to sky. Will need to visit them again.
  4. Jerks in first gear - They claim its normal and nothing can be done

Lot of grease in front seats and the right side area of steering on dashboard was found on the car after washing. I complained and 80% of grease was cleaned. I wonder what did they do inside passenger compartment and SA couldn't give a satisfactory answer. Anyone knows ??

Steering is a bit tight now compared to earlier.

SA put AC disinfectant for Rs 550 in job card without even asking me; I then got it removed from job card.

Similarly there is a Rs 100 special 3M wiper cleaning fluid now filled in. I allowed that to check this super cleaner .

Total bill was Rs 1333/-. I got the wheel alignment done from outside for Rs 300.

There was a goof up on my bill as well; they created the job card with a different registration number (Mine is KA03MY0828 and job card has KA03MX0828). I am still waiting for the receipt for service. It was pure coincidence that another Nano has same registration number with just one series apart. (I take part of the blame ; I gave the registration number incorrect initially but corrected it before the job card was made.)

Only positive is they replaced the fog lamps on warranty stating there were cracks on the glass - I haven't noticed that until they said, and am trusting they changed the fog lamps.

Now all set to go for my first long drive (~1000 km) on 29th April to 1st May.

Edit: They sent the receipt over email just now with correct registration number

Last edited by arjithin : 26th April 2017 at 18:22.
Old 27th April 2017, 06:29   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Tata seems to continue to have the problem of inconsistent service quality across locations, something that needs a lot of hard work to address; no marketing can change that ground reality.

Nano suits me very well for city use because I have an excellent Concorde nearby. But all Tata cars will suffer this problem once the novelty of each new model dies down. Tata senior management just doesn't seem to get this, inspite of hearing it for many years now. It is still a truck making company with the associated DNA.
Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 10:22   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My second service ( 12 months/4000 km done) was done today at KHT motors, Brooksfield . Experience was mostly average or below average

Total bill was Rs 1333/-. I got the wheel alignment done from outside for Rs 300.
Didn't you opt for the AMC pack when you bought the car? With the AMC pack, I guess the bills if not zero, would be very little, not anywhere near a thousand. Even the wheel alignment and consumables are included in the Gold AMC.
Old 27th April 2017, 10:34   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Didn't you opt for the AMC pack when you bought the car? With the AMC pack, I guess the bills if not zero, would be very little, not anywhere near a thousand. Even the wheel alignment and consumables are included in the Gold AMC.
No, i dont have AMC on this vehicle.
Old 27th April 2017, 14:14   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
... Even the wheel alignment and consumables are included in the Gold AMC.
Consumables are chargable. But it'll barely be ~100. And yes, wheel alignment & balancing is free, they charge only for the wheel weights used.

Quote:
...SA put AC disinfectant for Rs 550 in job card without even asking me; I then got it removed from job card.
AFAIK Thats just a Wurth AC disinfectant Spray they use in the A/c vents. Last year I bought the can for ~900 & used it on my Linea twice, my friends Ritz, cousins Nano & even the Home A/c!

But they should atleast clean the A/c filter in the service. Wasn't done for me either.

Quote:
No, i dont have AMC on this vehicle.
Next year you can rather buy Silver AMC. Regular yearly service costs 3.5k & IIRC Silver AMC covers it for 2 years for ~4k.

Quote:
Now all set to go for my first long drive (~1000 km) on 29th April to 1st May.
Enjoy!
Old 27th April 2017, 16:16   #1257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Consumables are chargeable.
I meant consumables like Engine Oil, filters etc. I guess those are covered.
Old 27th April 2017, 17:09   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
But they should atleast clean the A/c filter in the service.
Doing this every 6 months is essential for A/c to deliver cold air, much more so than in the case of other cars. But cleaning is all that is needed, nothing fancier and best done at the A.S.S.

Last edited by Sawyer : 27th April 2017 at 17:34.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 13:57   #1259
Senior - BHPian

So I got some time yesterday and decided to open the engine bay of Nano, and realised that engine bay is not cleaned after service. Is it how normally tata service normally leave?

The engine noise is very different from the exhaust note, what we hear from driving seat is the exhaust note only indicating that any more underbody sound damping will not help. Doors and rear hatch door are the target for sound damping.

Also few more questions

1. The oil reservoir for AMT is close to the minimum mark. Is that normal? Car completed second service last week
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20170430_122838107.jpg

2. What is the opening on the passenger side C pillar inside for? It has some form kind of material inside.

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20170430_122554265.jpg
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20170430_122610651.jpg
3. What are the electronic stuff on the driver side C pillar ? ( Almost at the same location as the opening in Q2)

4. Is there anything to be fitted on the blue hole on the projected metal piece on the top left side of the picture?

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20170430_123139623.jpg
Old 1st May 2017, 17:34   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Lol. In almost 4 years, I have never seen my nano engine bay. For this car, I follow a "out of sight and out of mind" philosophy very firmly!

Partly because it is such a pain to access the engine bay, and partly because it is a city car that can never therefore inconvenience me much if it breaks down. Uber is always available in 10 minutes.

And also partly because as a far as I can see from the observation window, Concorde Pune seem to do justice to the annual service requirements. And a fairly consistent fuel consumption tells me that there is nothing drastically wrong.

And finally, because it has yet to break down!

Last edited by Sawyer : 1st May 2017 at 17:36.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks