Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2017, 12:35   #1276
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Hi All,

My friend Finally booked a Nano twist XTA , in sangrina red .

It was a 2016 DEC model , hence got a 70k discount from otr . did a complete pdi . seemd fine .

So effective on road price 3lakh

And purchased black alloys for 15500/-

Remote boot release for 3000/-

And got the 4year good Amc package for 11000/-

Delivery next week .

Thanks for your inputs
rageshgr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 13:40   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
To sum it up, overall experience was delightful and everytime I look at the car, it brings a smile on my face. Some of my co passengers are pleasantly surprised by the space it provides as well as chiller AC.
It is such a pity that a well engineered product, and almost a perfect one for city commute has not been appreciated by the market.
Exactly the same comment from co-passengers (and not a one-off case, every new passenger goes through the 'space' and AC comment) and exactly my observation about the product. That was also the reason I bought my second Nano after 5 years with the yellow bird - but this time with AMT. That makes a lot of difference.Seriously wonder why people do not grab this for a city like Bangalore. I do the 'silk' route almost daily - no glitches even once , AFE hovers around 12 plus/minus 1 (avg speed is 9kmph)

2 years and about 11000 km later , when I got this serviced last week after a year - the bill was 300. That again was only because of some wheel balancing part replacement - else zero charges ! This also includes pick up and delivery from my office for servicing.

The so called 'image' issue I guess - else I cannot think of any reason whatsoever.
mail2sekh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 13:45   #1278
Senior - BHPian

My wife drives AT and it really is spacious for such a small car. Yes, AC is quite a chiller, and the car is so chuckable and good fun to drive within city limits. However on the highway, whenever I drive it, I feel that the whole world has moved on and I am left behind.
It is also easy on maintenance. For a first time driver, my wife has taken to it quite well.
Old 18th August 2017, 16:17   #1279
BHPian

I had settled on the XTA version of the nano but I was told that it has been discontinued, I confirmed the same from three dealerships and all of them replied the same.
I was told by 2 dealers that if you want to buy the car then you can buy a 2016 version. The third one told me that the production has been stopped but if you want the car, the car is being built to order so if you want the car then you have to deposit the full amount.
Old 18th August 2017, 16:50   #1280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However on the highway, whenever I drive it, I feel that the whole world has moved on and I am left behind.
This car is not a mini cooper . Having said that i have regularly seen Nanos overtaking me in my Jetta, when i used to relax at 100kmph in cruise mode.

The nano is definitely not meant for highway driving. In fact, in my Mind this car should not see anything more than 50km driving considering safety and inability to put power on wheels when needed.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 16:57   #1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
I had settled on the XTA version of the nano but I was told that it has been discontinued, I confirmed the same from three dealerships and all of them replied the same.
I was told by 2 dealers that if you want to buy the car then you can buy a 2016 version. The third one told me that the production has been stopped but if you want the car, the car is being built to order so if you want the car then you have to deposit the full amount.
No, I think that's false news. My father in law has just booked a Nano XTA at Hyson Motors, Thrissur, KL. He gave 5k as advance and the car will be delivered within a few days.
rahul24jam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 14:07   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul24jam View Post
No, I think that's false news. My father in law has just booked a Nano XTA at Hyson Motors, Thrissur, KL. He gave 5k as advance and the car will be delivered within a few days.
Thanks for the information, I have sent an email regarding the same to tata.
Waiting for their reply.
Old 21st August 2017, 10:13   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
I was told that it has been discontinued, I confirmed the same from three dealerships and all of them replied the same.
I can confirm that the Nano is NOT DISCONTINUED and it is unlikely to be discontinued at short notice. Dealers are afraid that if they retail too many Nanos they'll be forced to stock it, (they've previously burnt their fingers). Hence they are trying to upgrade Nano potential customers to Tiago.

The vehicle is very much available if you place an order. Try a Concorde dealership if you have one nearby.
Ferruccio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 16:56   #1284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
I can confirm that the Nano is NOT DISCONTINUED and it is unlikely to be discontinued at short notice. Dealers are afraid that if they retail too many Nanos they'll be forced to stock it, (they've previously burnt their fingers). Hence they are trying to upgrade Nano potential customers to Tiago.

The vehicle is very much available if you place an order. Try a Concorde dealership if you have one nearby.
Thanks for the information, on researching more, I have found a tata dealership that can provide me a 2017 nano but it is 226 kms away from my place so I have to travel 226 kms to buy a car whose dealership is 7 kms away from me

Thanks to you once again, it is only because of you and rahul that I can buy a nano otherwise I had lost hope and had settled for the Alto

With Regards,
Shreyas Kumar Agarwal
Old 22nd August 2017, 17:24   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information, on researching more, I have found a tata dealership that can provide me a 2017 nano but it is 226 kms away from my place so I have to travel 226 kms to buy a car whose dealership is 7 kms away from me.l
Sorry about that but yes, the Nano will be well worth it I promise! One of the things I gget a lot in Mumbai is love from the traffic police - Once a cop stopped oncoming traffic for me to take a turn and last month I was excused a fine for speeding past a traffic light that just turned red. Guess they see a middle-aged man in a Nano and feel kinder

All the best for many many years of happy motoring with the Nano.
Ferruccio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 17:48   #1286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to you once again, it is only because of you and rahul that I can buy a nano otherwise I had lost hope and had settled for the Alto
You won't regret. To be honest 99% of Nano owners are silently enjoying the massive car. I regularly ride 5 adults and have space to fit in two toddlers in between. The car hardly shows this load and happily pulls. Mind that this car is meant to be driven at city speeds and does exceptionally well. I call it poor mans Mini. I wanted a mini but could only afford a Nano and every time i drive it, i feel like i am driving a mini.

Just travel 226 kms, book it and ask them to register it in your local RTO and hand it over to you at RTO only. You save lots of time.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 06:41   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Note also that the next price point for the coveted rear engine/rear wheel drive configuration in India is above Rs 75 lakhs for a Porsche!

That is another auto enthusiast reason to buy the little car that is big on space if not heart - the 625 cc is for sure underpowered, but works fine in the city. I use mine in Pune city in preference to others in the garage without a second thought.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 14:58   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
All the best for many many years of happy motoring with the Nano.
Looks like the dream will remain a dream, here is what happened:-
I asked the dealership to email me the quotation including the main points of our conversation, i.e.
i. The car provided will have a MFD of June 2017 or onwards.
ii. White colour will be provided.
iii. Waiting period would be 2-3 weeks.
Then, there was no reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
You won't regret.
I am full of regret because I am not able to get a nano, I am literally begging to buy it but still I can't get one.
Old 27th August 2017, 15:58   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the dream will remain a dream, here is what happened:-
I asked the dealership to email me the quotation including the main points of our conversation, i.e.
i. The car provided will have a MFD of June 2017 or onwards.
ii. White colour will be provided.
iii. Waiting period would be 2-3 weeks.
Then, there was no reply.

I am full of regret because I am not able to get a nano, I am literally begging to buy it but still I can't get one.
As per report in the Times of India today Tata do not plan to discontinue the Nano. Maybe you can get in touch with Tata Motors directly and explain your problem.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/60242234.cms
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 13:49   #1290

Quote:
Thanks for the information, on researching more, I have found a tata dealership that can provide me a 2017 nano but it is 226 kms away from my place so I have to travel 226 kms to buy a car whose dealership is 7 kms away from me

With Regards,
Shreyas Kumar Agarwal
Hope the buy is on. Our Nano was delivered five days back. It's a Red and doing really well!

BTW, the offer was really good, the topend XTA which is an automatic manufactured June 2017, we got for 3.18 Lakhs (OTR being 3.65L originally), including the three year Maintenance offer.

Enjoy.
rahul24jam is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks