Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2017, 16:00   #1291
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
As per report in the Times of India today Tata do not plan to discontinue the Nano. Maybe you can get in touch with Tata Motors directly and explain your problem.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/60242234.cms
I am already in touch with them but there has not been a proper response yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul24jam View Post
Hope the buy is on. Our Nano was delivered five days back. It's a Red and doing really well!

BTW, the offer was really good, the topend XTA which is an automatic manufactured June 2017, we got for 3.18 Lakhs (OTR being 3.65L originally), including the three year Maintenance offer.

Enjoy.
The switch is in the middle positon, a bit confused.BTW, Congrats on your blushing red nano.
With regards,
Shreyas Kumar Agarwal
Old 29th August 2017, 16:10   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, the offer was really good, the topend XTA which is an automatic manufactured June 2017, we got for 3.18 Lakhs (OTR being 3.65L originally), including the three year Maintenance offer.
Can you please share the breakup regarding the same. My friend is looking for a similar or near to similar offers in Hyderabad but the current price being quoted is without any significant discounts !!!
Old 29th August 2017, 18:33   #1293

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Can you please share the breakup regarding the same. My friend is looking for a similar or near to similar offers in Hyderabad but the current price being quoted is without any significant discounts !!!
I'll have to check with my Dad in law. Will get back as soon as I get from him.
Old 29th August 2017, 18:46   #1294

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Here's the break-up of the price:

Tata Nano XTA

Ex-Showroom price: 326911/-
Insurance: Free
Basic Accessories: 3000
AMC: 3429

On Road: 353905/-

Discount: 35000

Final offer: 318905/-
rahul24jam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 09:44   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Here's the break-up of the price:

Tata Nano XTA

Ex-Showroom price: 326911/-
Insurance: Free
Basic Accessories: 3000
AMC: 3429

On Road: 353905/-

Discount: 35000

Final offer: 318905/-
I think the registration amount is not correct. Please check.
Old 31st August 2017, 09:19   #1296
BHPian

Hi,

Quick check with existing Nano owners?
I have a gold amc for my nano & the brake lining & suspension rod has to be replaced. Would that be replaced under the amc as my SA is telling me it wont be?

Would appreciate a quick response since the vehicle is in the service centre now.

Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 11:02   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
Hi,

Quick check with existing Nano owners?
I have a gold amc for my nano & the brake lining & suspension rod has to be replaced. Would that be replaced under the amc as my SA is telling me it wont be?

Would appreciate a quick response since the vehicle is in the service centre now.

Thanks
It very well should be IIRC. Check the Gold AMC booklet and if I am not mistaken it is written there. Explicitly. Show it to him. If he still intends on dishnouring it, don't bother arguing. Just tell him, you are going to write / call to Tata Motors Customer Care and confirm.

Do let us know how it goes.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 18:49   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
It very well should be IIRC. Check the Gold AMC booklet and if I am not mistaken it is written there. Explicitly. Show it to him. If he still intends on dishnouring it, don't bother arguing. Just tell him, you are going to write / call to Tata Motors Customer Care and confirm.

Do let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the quick reply, yes gold amc includes brake lining & pads. But it was my mistake that i didn't realize that my two & half years old nano has a silver amc & not gold.
A point to remember to any new nano buyers is to buy 2+2 Yrs amc at the time of delivery. Its extremely useful & will payback easily.

Anyways i had to replace the brake lining due to regular wear & tear & suspension joint that got bend due to the excellent holes that we call roads here in bangalore.

A/C cooling was down & on checking got to know that motor was damaged. Thankfully that was replaced under warranty so saved some bucks there.

One point that i would highlight is that my SA Mr Faiyaz was upfront about everything. He would never misinform or upsell anything. He kept me updated about the car service progress & himself claimed the parts under warranty without me pointing it to him.

When the car was finally ready @ 7:30pm, we found minor scratches & grease marks on inspection. He himself ran into the cleaning section and started cleaning the car of the spots.

If you are looking for a reliable Tata SA in bangalore, i would recommend Mr Faiyaz. My nano has been serviced under his supervision for the last 3 services & never was i overcharged or uninformed.

Btw this is the Concorde Motors, Hosur road branch, opposite christ collage.

I can share his number in pm if anyone needs it.

Last edited by appu.bhandari : 1st September 2017 at 19:16. Reason: Highlighting the branch address
appu.bhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 19:06   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you are looking for a reliable Tata SA in bangalore, i would recommend Mr Faiyaz. My nano has been serviced under his supervision for the last 3 services & never was i overcharged or uninformed.

Btw this is the Concorde Motors, Hosur Main road branch, opposite christ collage.

Which service center/location does he work for?
Old 1st September 2017, 19:14   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Which service center/location does he work for?
Its the one opposite Christ Collage, Hosur road. Just after dairy circle.

I did mention it earlier.

Edit: Just highlighted it now.

Last edited by appu.bhandari : 1st September 2017 at 19:17.
appu.bhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 19:43   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its the one opposite Christ Collage, Hosur road. Just after dairy circle.

I did mention it earlier.

Edit: Just highlighted it now.
Its Friday evening and i cant read what is written in plain English !!

Time to go home and take a break
Old 1st September 2017, 21:10   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Btw this is the Concorde Motors, Hosur road branch, opposite christ collage.

What I do when I find such people is commend them by name to their seniors in their organisation via email. As often as I send complaints to these folk when deserved!
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 23:52   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sekh View Post
Exactly the same comment from co-passengers (and not a one-off case, every new passenger goes through the 'space' and AC comment) and exactly my observation about the product. That was also the reason I bought my second Nano after 5 years with the yellow bird - but this time with AMT. That makes a lot of difference.Seriously wonder why people do not grab this for a city like Bangalore. I do the 'silk' route almost daily - no glitches even once , AFE hovers around 12 plus/minus 1 (avg speed is 9kmph)

2 years and about 11000 km later , when I got this serviced last week after a year - the bill was 300. That again was only because of some wheel balancing part replacement - else zero charges ! This also includes pick up and delivery from my office for servicing.

The so called 'image' issue I guess - else I cannot think of any reason whatsoever.
I guess I spoke a bit too soon ! Last week I did a Bangalore-Kerala-Bangalore - about 1000kms. Strangely about 100 kms after starting from BLR, the air conditioning stopped cooling I could hear the whir of the fan inside and if I touch the vents it is cold - but no air. Increased the speed to 2 and 3 and I can hear the fan speed up but again no output in any of the vents. If I turn the knob over to hot mode I can feel the vents heat up, but then again no air. Tried switching the direction knob to windshield, leg-only etc to no avail. Had to travel the rest of the way with windows down.
The morning after I reached, I wanted to show it to the service centre. Interestingly it's all fine then, the chiller AC, the fan - all perfect. I had to go for a 40 - 50 km drive.Still no issues. I went to the tata service centre anyway and explained the problem. They kept the car there that day and said normally the thermostat is the problem and changed it under warranty. They could not identify any other issue.
I had a sense of foreboding while starting back and sure enough at about 94 kms it started and before I hit the 100km mark it is just the whirring and no cool air. Again back all the way to BLR with windows down. :-(
So here I am back in a kind of connundrum. I cant show them the issue at the service centre because after an overnight rest the AC is again as good as new and they cannot drive a 100kms to recreate the issue. Also within city drives there is no problem whatsoever. Ideas ?
Old 2nd September 2017, 07:01   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sekh View Post
I guess I spoke a bit too soon ! Last week I did a Bangalore-Kerala-Bangalore - about 1000kms. Strangely about 100 kms after starting from BLR, the air conditioning stopped cooling I could hear the whir of the fan inside and if I touch the vents it is cold - but no air. Increased the speed to 2 and 3 and I can hear the fan speed up but again no output in any of the vents. If I turn the knob over to hot mode I can feel the vents heat up, but then again no air. Tried switching the direction knob to windshield, leg-only etc to no avail. Had to travel the rest of the way with windows down.
The morning after I reached, I wanted to show it to the service centre. Interestingly it's all fine then, the chiller AC, the fan - all perfect. I had to go for a 40 - 50 km drive.Still no issues. I went to the tata service centre anyway and explained the problem. They kept the car there that day and said normally the thermostat is the problem and changed it under warranty. They could not identify any other issue.
I had a sense of foreboding while starting back and sure enough at about 94 kms it started and before I hit the 100km mark it is just the whirring and no cool air. Again back all the way to BLR with windows down. :-(
So here I am back in a kind of connundrum. I cant show them the issue at the service centre because after an overnight rest the AC is again as good as new and they cannot drive a 100kms to recreate the issue. Also within city drives there is no problem whatsoever. Ideas ?
It's the thermostat. Ask them to change it. I had this same issue when my nano (now sold) was just 4 months old. Please ask them to test it by taking a 100kms long trip.
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:56   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
What I do when I find such people is commend them by name to their seniors in their organisation via email. As often as I send complaints to these folk when deserved!
I did the same when i met the Senior Executive who handles TATA's AMC.
Just to add, its just because of the good service experience here that i am considering a second car from tata.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks