Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2017, 14:40   #1336
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_sajeev View Post
Hello,

I own a 2016 Nano XTA. At the time of delivery, I was given two metallic keys and one remote for the remote central locking system.

Recently, I inquired with Aadya motors about making a duplicate of the remote key, and was told that this was not possible as it is possible to pair only one remote with the car.

Somehow this explanation does not seem right to me. Has any one made a duplicate remote key (either from the TASS or external agency) ? or point me to resources at Bangalore where I can get this done ?

Thanks
Hi,
I own a 2014 Nano Twist. On seeing that I got only one remote on delivery of the car, I immediately inquired about a spare.
It took about 2 weeks but I got the same from a TASS in Goa. Cost was Rs. 2200.00 including programming charge and taxes.
Aadya Motors is talking nonsense. Try another TASS or approach Customer Care.
Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 08:15   #1337

VW2010, roby_dk, suzuki san, Thank you for your responses.

VW2010, I found the programming procedure in the manual. Planning to try it as soon as I get the blank remote.

suzuki_san, Could you share the part number of the blank remote key that you got from TASS?

Thanks once again.
Old 9th December 2017, 11:06   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_sajeev View Post
VW2010, roby_dk, suzuki san, Thank you for your responses.

VW2010, I found the programming procedure in the manual. Planning to try it as soon as I get the blank remote.

suzuki_san, Could you share the part number of the blank remote key that you got from TASS?

Thanks once again.
Hi p_sajeev,
Sorry but I am presently in Bombay and the Nano is in Goa.
Just call up some other TASS and check with them. The cost is Rs.1800.00 for the remote and Rs. 400.00 for the programming.
Regards,
SS
Old 12th February 2018, 23:06   #1339
Distinguished - BHPian

The Nano has been a sales dud for Tata right from the start and recently I read that it was being continued only because it was Mr. Tata's pet project. What I do not understand is that what is the point of doing it if you don't really intend to sell it at all. There is hardly any interest in the car and whatever buyer does finally turn up at the dealership to experience the vehicle has to deal with complete apathy.

I had convinced my colleague to buy the Nano AMT for his wife who currently rides a scooter to her workplace. A tight parking space at his house meant that the Nano was the perfect fit. First it took a lot of effort for me to make him overcome his apprehension on the Nano and then he had to do go through the same cycle at his home with his wife and parents, all of whom were not too keen on the Nano. And finally when we got everyone on board, Tata dealers started to play the spoilsport. Not even a single dealer has the Nano, even as a display vehicle. The first one told that he will get the car from Delhi and nothing happened till two weeks and a few follow up phone calls from our side. The second dealer confirmed the availability of the TD vehicle too and told us to come to the showroom only to be find out that he was lying and wanted to pitch the Tiago to us. After a heated discussion the dealership manager told that only 1 dealer in Delhi has got the Nano TD vehicle and we should approach them.

What I fail to understand is that how difficult is it to atleast just give a corner to the Nano in the dealership showroom. It hardly takes any space. And if they can't do that, then why not stop selling it all together. As a result, all that has happened after this experience is that we decided to check out Alto and Redigo AMTs instead and if they don't fit in the parking spot then drop the plan all together. But definitely no more flirting with Nano for us.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 00:18   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

.... Alto and Redigo AMTs instead and if they don't fit in the parking spot then drop the plan all together. But definitely no more flirting with Nano for us.
Why not try a less used Nano AMT in the used market.
Nothing can beat the practicality of the Nano as a second car for the family for city.
Most of the traffic runs, we only use the Nano even for substantial distances. Just for the ease of parking and the option of wife sharing the driver seat.

Last edited by swami.n : 13th February 2018 at 00:20.
Old 13th February 2018, 06:49   #1341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Why not try a less used Nano AMT in the used market.
Nothing can beat the practicality of the Nano as a second car for the family for city.
I believe this too and that was the primary reason why I could convince my colleague to look at Nano seriously. But the absolute disinterest showed across the dealerships made us believe that we might be in for trouble if we buy this since they are just not interested in selling the car.

Also after taking a TD of the Redigo yesterday, we aren't sure of Nano anymore. Redigo with its 1000 cc engine sounded extremely loud with a lot of engine noise filtering back into the cabin. I am afraid that Nano will be even worse in this regard.
Old 13th February 2018, 07:12   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
I believe this too and that was the primary reason why I could convince my colleague to look at Nano seriously. But the absolute disinterest showed across the dealerships made us believe that we might be in for trouble if we buy this since they are just not interested in selling the car.

Also after taking a TD of the Redigo yesterday, we aren't sure of Nano anymore. Redigo with its 1000 cc engine sounded extremely loud with a lot of engine noise filtering back into the cabin. I am afraid that Nano will be even worse in this regard.
The disinterest to sell is because I think Nano production is unofficially stopped and most dealers are unwilling to even take bookings. But you shouldn't have any issues with servicing. It is going to be as good or bad as other TaMo vehicles 😀
The Nano is not too worse than the Kwid or Redigo in terms of cabin noise. All similar in that area. The current Nano in the AMT version is no longer the cheap car with cost cutting as their primary aim. And with the current silencer set up, it no longer sounds like the 3 wheel autorickshaw anymore. It is no quiet place to be in, but not too bad in the speeds it is usually driven in city.

We had to take ours for an out station trip recently covering close to 700kms totally. We mostly kept it in the 80-90kph range. I would say that the noise was quite bearable and the AMT returned 22+kmpl for the entire journey.

Last edited by swami.n : 13th February 2018 at 07:28.
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 07:27   #1343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We mostly kept it in the 80-90kph range. I would say that the noise was quite bearable and the AMT returned 22+kmpl for the entire journey.
Good to hear your positive response. We will try out the Alto AMT today and hopefully once again try and locate a dealer in Delhi who has the Nano AMT TD vehicle available. How much does your Nano return in city drives in terms of FE?
Old 13th February 2018, 07:31   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Good to hear your positive response. We will try out the Alto AMT today and hopefully once again try and locate a dealer in Delhi who has the Nano AMT TD vehicle available. How much does your Nano return in city drives in terms of FE?
Usually its around 15kmpl in the full traffic commute. Around 17kmpl in moderate traffic conditions in city. And ours has 165 section tyres all round (compared to the puny tyres that come standard) for improved grip. So bound to reduce the mileage. Add to that the absolute chiller of an AC

Last edited by swami.n : 13th February 2018 at 07:32.
swami.n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 21:06   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Nano has been a sales dud for Tata right from the start and recently I read that it was being continued only because it was Mr. Tata's pet project. What I do not understand is that what is the point of doing it if you don't really intend to sell it at all. There is hardly any interest in the car and whatever buyer does finally turn up at the dealership to experience the vehicle has to deal with complete apathy.
I took my Nano AMT for a Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore drive on Monday; we were 2 adults and 2 kids in the car and the drive took just 20-30 minutes extra compared to my timings with Ertiga.

I kept thinking why Tata not giving a second chance to Nano during my drive. The car is too good from a practicality point of view. All it need is a bit more powerful & refined engine. I was able to comfortably cruise at 90 kmph @ 5th gear and at the same car returned ~23kmpl.
arjithin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 13:10   #1346
BHPian

What should be ballpark figure for a decently maintained 2016 Nano XTA run 21k?
Old 4th April 2018, 02:37   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
What should be ballpark figure for a decently maintained 2016 Nano XTA run 21k?
This is probably a question to be posted in a different thread. I guess the price can vary between 2 to 2.4L. ( that's where I sold mine few days back ). Mine was 2016 XTa, 2016, 8000 km, second owner.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 13:52   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
This is probably a question to be posted in a different thread. I guess the price can vary between 2 to 2.4L. ( that's where I sold mine few days back ). Mine was 2016 XTa, 2016, 8000 km, second owner.

Arjithin,

Have a few questions for you!
Could you share reason you decided to sell your Nano XTA?
Was it sold to an individual or a dealer?
How much had you bought it for and when?
Was it bought from an individual or dealer?

Hope you don't mind answering!
Old 20th May 2018, 05:56   #1349

Quote:
.......What I fail to understand is that how difficult is it to atleast just give a corner to the Nano in the dealership showroom. It hardly takes any space. And if they can't do that, then why not stop selling it all together. As a result, all that has happened after this experience is that we decided to check out Alto and Redigo AMTs instead and if they don't fit in the parking spot then drop the plan all together. But definitely no more flirting with Nano for us.
Hi Mohit,
We had bought our Nano XTA in 2016, primarly as a car for wife, and we are just loving the practicality and ease, it offers. I find myself chosing the Nano over my Honda Amaze for short city trips. The occasional 100 km drives have also been a good experience overall. I would have payed an extra 25000 to 50000 for dual airbags and another 25000 to 50000 for ABS. I also don't know why the company is not supporting this awesome product!

Quote:
Usually its around 15kmpl in the full traffic commute. Around 17kmpl in moderate traffic conditions in city. And ours has 165 section tyres all round (compared to the puny tyres that come standard) for improved grip. So bound to reduce the mileage. Add to that the absolute chiller of an AC
Do you mean that you changed all the four types to 165 section? Don't the front and back wheels have to be of different sizes for the car to be balanced?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th May 2018 at 06:03. Reason: Back to back posts
sebinz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 18:01   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebinz View Post

Do you mean that you changed all the four types to 165 section? Don't the front and back wheels have to be of different sizes for the car to be balanced?
Yes upgraded all 4 tyres to 165 section Yokohama.
The Nano had a thinner front tyres coz it initially came without power steering. So wider tyres would make it even more difficult. But now with PS, it is very light. Probably the lightest unit. So 165 doesn't make it tough.
Also gives better stability than the regular tyres at higher speeds.
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks