Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2015, 22:09   #436
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
Hi folks,
I am taking delivery of my silver W8 AWD tomorrow. I am being told that the reverse camera accessory now no longer supports showing camera view to the infotainment system (this was available in the old model W8). They say a software update should resolve this at some point. I am not opting for the reversing camera since I don't want a separate screen at this moment and would rather wait for the infotainment software update. Can any new gen W8 owners confirm this?
Hi, Congrats on joining proud XUV club

Yes, the reverse camera for new age W8 isn't available yet. Latest I know is it'll be available next month - there's some work going on to avoid making hole in rear bumper to fit the camera and a SW work is going on as well. I'm hoping the final one comes out cleaner.
sathya_nars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 22:49   #437
BHPian

Hi all,

I am back from a 2000 kms trip from Bangalore to Munnar, Kochi, Kumarakom, Kovalam and Kanyakumari.

Enjoyed driving the beast on the highways. With 7 on-board and roof carrier filled with luggage to the maximum extent you can imagine, it didn't let me down at all.

What i liked the most is the confidence it gives when you are cruising at good speed. No nervousness at all. Will update more on it in my debut ownership thread that is in-progress.

Niggles faced:

*Rear AC stopped working(resistor got spoilt) the part needs to be sourced from Hubli(yes!) to Bangalore as it wasn't available at the dealer, Anant cars.

*Minor rattles from the dashboard after releasing the clutch after shifting to 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear.

*A weird noise(kat-kat) for around 4 seconds after pressing accelerator after shifting gears. SA said some software update needs to done. (God knows what would software update do to kill that sound! will update more about this tomorrow when i get the car back)

Infotainment system works fine now (touch-wood) after two replacements. Had the problem of system getting hanged and switching off abruptly.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Have some good news for W10 owners who were looking for a roof carrier. Well it was a matter of common sense but i realized it too late. I went to JC road for carrier-hunting and i had to choose between a small one that would not cover over sunroof and a big carrier that had ample luggage storage space but would cover sunroof. Well later i realized that i can go for a bigger carrier and adjust the cross-bars alignment in such a way that it does not cover the sunroof. Irony is Mahindra is still unaware about this solution and they told that sunroof would be half-covered if i opt for one. Attaching a pic for your reference. You can PM me for more details on it.

Result : problem solved!
Make : M-tek carrier for XUV 500
Cost : 6200 Rs
Rating : 5/5. Extremely satisfied. Brilliant quality.

Current ODO stands at 3400 kms in 3 weeks of its arrival
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150809_094836-1.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-184.jpg  

Zahoor23 is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 00:02   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Attaching a pic for your reference. You can PM me for more details on it.

Result : problem solved!
Make : M-tek carrier for XUV 500
Cost : 6200 Rs
Rating : 5/5. Extremely satisfied. Brilliant quality.
Wishing you many more happy (s)miles!

Can you please put some more pictures of how this roof rack carrier is fixed? Is it easy to remove when needed? Will it damage the rails if at all by doing frequent fit/ remove.

I don't want something to protrude on the roof when not in use. When I fit the luggage, it will be seen of course. But with luggage off the roof, the rack also goes and sits in storage room at home I have seen some non-steel stuff but they are not sturdy as much as what you have.

I am looking for something more like Thule bicycle carrier you use - conceptually! Easy to mount and dismount.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th August 2015, 11:05   #439
BHPian

Hi Zahoor23, Many more happy motoring with the Cheetah!

What're the rpm's when fully loaded?
Old 13th August 2015, 12:15   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Wishing you many more happy (s)miles!

Can you please put some more pictures of how this roof rack carrier is fixed? Is it easy to remove when needed? Will it damage the rails if at all by doing frequent fit/ remove.
Thank you!

I am sorry as i couldn't take the installation pics, but trust me its very simple to install it and remove it.

Step 1 : Using a screw driver take out the front and rear roof rail on both the parallel sides
Step 2 : Fix the black clamps that come with the carrier to the hinges provided inside roof rails and tighten them properly
Step 3 : Affer the 4 clamps are tightened, place the actual roof carrier on the respective clamps and slide the front crossbar of the carrier backwards to an extent that does not cover the sunroof.
Step 4 : Tigten the bolts that connect carrier to 4 black clamps.

Installation time : 20 minutes
Un-installation time : 8-10 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Hi Zahoor23, Many more happy motoring with the Cheetah!

What're the rpm's when fully loaded?
Thank you Sathya,

I didn't find much difference in the RPM's when loaded. A slight delay of ~1.5 seconds can be expected in accelaration from 0-100 but it picks up easily in 6th gear at speeds of around 50-55 when you suddenly slow down on highway after cruising at proper speed for a while.

Niggles solution Update:

Problem :
1)Rear AC not working
Solution : Resistor replaced and coupling in the blower tigtened, works fine now.

2)Kat-kat sound for 3-4 seconds upon pressing accelerator in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear
Soln: ECU Mapping done, pressure intake of inlet/outlet of nozzles adjusted.
Sound disapeared.
(How is it done? The black colored engine cover and silver intercooler is removed and there are serial numbers on the nozzles. This no. along with Engine no. is sent to Mahindra, they inturn send the software's patch that needs to be mapped)

3)Slight vibrations from dashboard when the car is moving
Soln: None of the SA were able to figure out the root cause of this problem and denied any such thing can happen in new age XUV's but i was confident of finding the solution for it and applied the desi method:
Moved every part around the dashboard with my hand to check if its not tightened properly, the cowl over the infotainment system had very slight displacement
There was a W10 that arrived from factory, checked the cowl of that and it was absolutely rigid. Told the SA to get it removed and tighten it again and the result was No vibrations at all!

New car Syndrome Took a leave from office and made sure everything is done in front of me, else am pretty sure atleast the 3rd niggle would have never been sorted out

After owning a Bullet electra for 8 years, Niggles were anyway a part of my everyday life
Zahoor23 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 16:41   #441
BHPian

Does XUV really give the confidence to plan a trouble free long trip? I have been closely following all XUV threads in particular and the niggles/issues reported by users seems to be growing even in the new age XUV.

I had shortlisted XUV as my next upgrade along with City and Ciaz. Everytime I read the user comments on XUV my interest in owning a XUV appears to be gradually reducing. I don't think anyone would want to spend sleepless nights fixing niggles after spending a fortune. On the contrary the threads on Ciaz and City are totally niggle free.

I really hope M&M streamlines the quality check and ensure the product is top notch to keep the prospective buyers motivated.
Old 13th August 2015, 17:02   #442
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Does XUV really give the confidence to plan a trouble free long trip?
Yes, my XUV 500 does. My XUV 500 has already visited 25 states/UT covering 33 k km in 1.75 years including two mega drives without even a puncture so far. My XUV 500 is ready for yet another mega drive.

The details are here.
  (9) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 20:22   #443
BHPian

Team, just booked my 2WD Satin White cheetah today, delivery in about 2 weeks when I return to India Was thinking about getting a 4WD as I live in Manali, but decided against it in the end. Super excited!
dhruv45in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 20:22   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Yes, my XUV 500 does. My XUV 500 has already visited 25 states/UT covering 33 k km in 1.75 years including two mega drives without even a puncture so far. My XUV 500 is ready for yet another mega drive.
Ravi Sir.. Just so that you know, from my heart... your thread is is the only source of inspiration and motivation. I am an adherent fan of yours and have been closely following your thread as well.
kk28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 21:20   #445
BHPian

I had one question to all the new XUV owners - does the clutch tire you more than usual during bumper to bumper traffic? When I test drove the new XUV, I felt the clutch was a little too high for my comfort - adn also felt it higher than when I had done a TD of the old XUV. Of course since my drive was just for 10-15 minutes I don't have much experience and it might also be that positioning the seat better might help.
Old 13th August 2015, 22:17   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by execve View Post
I had one question to all the new XUV owners - does the clutch tire you more than usual during bumper to bumper traffic? When I test drove the new XUV, I felt the clutch was a little too high for my comfort - adn also felt it higher than when I had done a TD of the old XUV. Of course since my drive was just for 10-15 minutes I don't have much experience and it might also be that positioning the seat better might help.
I've been driving W10 & have not faced any tiredness/pain in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic. You need to find a good driving position that's all. And its easier to find a good driving position in W10, with electrically adjustable driver seat. Whenever you drive a different car than what you are used to, it takes bit of time to get used to A/B/C.
Indian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 23:20   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Ravi Sir.. Just so that you know, from my heart... your thread is is the only source of inspiration and motivation. I am an adherent fan of yours and have been closely following your thread as well.

Absolutely keenly and closely following the thread and as I've said before waiting for the diwali news about A /T in the XUV. Absolutely agree with kk28 ravi sir is an inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Team, just booked my 2WD Satin White cheetah today, delivery in about 2 weeks when I return to India Was thinking about getting a 4WD as I live in Manali, but decided against it in the end. Super excited!
Hii planning a satin white as well,I think it looks absolutely gorgeous and very interested in the W10 4WD especially the autobox if coming in the festival season / year end. Just wanted to know what made you change your mind to a 2wd.

Last edited by ampere : 14th August 2015 at 00:04. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 23:57   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hii planning a satin white as well,I think it looks absolutely gorgeous and very interested in the W10 4WD especially the autobox if coming in the festival season / year end. Just wanted to know what made you change your mind to a 2wd.

I just thought I would not get the extra money back while selling it. I know I should not be looking at it this way. Still half tempted to change my booking to AWD.
Old 14th August 2015, 00:26   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
I just thought I would not get the extra money back while selling it. I know I should not be looking at it this way. Still half tempted to change my booking to AWD.
Let's put it up into the forum for discussion as regards pros and cons of 2WD/4WD and see what the opinions are or you could also do a poll to help you decide. That is if you are serious about considering the decision. IMHO you can look at it any way you want you're paying for it after all
Old 14th August 2015, 01:49   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Let's put it up into the forum for discussion as regards pros and cons of 2WD/4WD and see what the opinions are or you could also do a poll to help you decide. That is if you are serious about considering the decision. IMHO you can look at it any way you want you're paying for it after all

Yes that would be great! I am still considering it and it would be great if you guys can help me chose. I live in Manali so most of my driving will be in the mountains with one trip down south to Goa in the winters.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks