Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 14:03   #1531
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Hi All:

Writing this with a distraught heart- as you are aware, the monsoon season has officially set shop last week in Kerala, and with it comes a host of other problems. What happened to me was a unique experience which belies the stupendous build quality Mahindra boasts of.

I was en route to the Technopark campus(where I work in Trivandrum), from Mannanthala and it must've raining cats and dogs for the past hour or so. All of a sudden, I notice water seeping from the side of the sunglass holder into the cabin. Upon closer scrutiny I found that the water leaks into the cabin when I turn a curve. I called up Mahindra immediately who said they would look into the issue and rectify it. Furthermore, the sunroof also used to have intermittent operational issues(must be because I don't use it much). These issues were exacerbated by an additional problem- the 2nd row seat now doesn't just fold for some strange reason.

I gave the vehicle this Monday(was in Bangalore for a training), and they promised to return the vehicle by Tuesday evening sorting out all the problems- So far, it's still with them and nothing has been done so far. The technical manager cites that they would have to remove the whole glass and apply sealant effectively to prevent water intrusion- think about the QC that was done prior to delivery to the customer.

Please take note my vehicle has now clocked circa 15,000 kms and didn't show any mechanical problems thus far- Touch wood !

Request others to please feel free to weigh in and look out for these problems- the technical manager seems to say that there are some cars that have been affected by this(particularly the water seepage).

Last edited by jacobvarughese : 16th June 2016 at 14:05.
jacobvarughese is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 17:01   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Hi All:

Writing this with a distraught heart- SNIP
Ouch. Sad to hear that. I have been driving my March manufactured XUV500 in the rains in Bangalore and have not noticed any obvious seepage. Will take one more good look at it. Has the technical manager given any explanation for the issue of your second row seat not folding?
Old 16th June 2016, 17:18   #1533
BHPian

Sad to hear about your problem @jacobvaurghese. Allahabad had its first spell of rains today and it rained cats and dogs. I noticed water gushing down my car park shed, and parked my W10 with the windhiels under the waterfall..if i could call it that..I then proceeded to reverse and go forward a couple of times in slow speeds to get a good wash, including on the sun roof. Till now I havent noticed any water seeping in. Thank god for that. Really sad to know abt your problem. Hope M&M guys fix it soon.
SX4LOVER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 17:34   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Ouch. Sad to hear that. I have been driving my March manufactured XUV500 in the rains in Bangalore and have not noticed any obvious seepage. Will take one more good look at it. Has the technical manager given any explanation for the issue of your second row seat not folding?
Not yet- he has reassured that they would return the vehicle tomorrow. Does anyone know if M&M provides a 'loaner vehicle' in the event of such ugly situations? Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 16th June 2016, 21:01   #1535

Hi folks,
I have a query on wheel alignment. My xuv is oct2015 manufactured and i recently got my second service done at the dealership. I had been facing slight pull towards left side while driving which i did not pay much attention until i hit a pothole which resulted in a loud thud sound and this incident forced me to ask service guys to check on wheel balancing and alignment just to be on safer side. My fear came true as service folks informed that wheels are misaligned and they are not able to get it aligned. Upon two days of inspection they informed there was issue in the wheel arm which got bent and hence had to replace. This still didnt resolve the issue and they subsequently informed that bolts connecting the arm to craddle were small size which have been replaced with right size bolts. With these two changes the alignment has come proper on computer. I took the delivery from service center today and i noticed vehicle is being pulled to left side again if i leave steering free. Now i haven't checked on variuos parameters like air pressure but i wanted to check with other xuv owners here if they faced same issue anytime and solution? Is this normal?
I can live with this because vehicle is otherwise excellent and i have had fantastic experience of ownership but still this issue is troubling me and only sour point in the overall experience.
Old 16th June 2016, 21:49   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anishr View Post
Now i haven't checked on variuos parameters like air pressure but i wanted to check with other xuv owners here if they faced same issue anytime and solution? Is this normal?
I can live with this because vehicle is otherwise excellent and i have had fantastic experience of ownership but still this issue is troubling me and only sour point in the overall experience.
If the pull is very slow at high speed I feel that's normal as all roads have little slope which goes towards left from the Centre of the road both sides so that water flows out during rain.

Hence IMHO all cars will go towards left in a straight line though the pull will be very light and will be over a long distance. Just my point of view not sure about it.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 13:26   #1537
BHPian

For those who have purchased their XUV500 recently, I have two questions:
1. If you have opted for extended warranty, have you received the paper/certificate for the same. I recollect there was a small discussion on the same, a few pages back. My extended warranty status shows in the Mahindra Hamesha app, but no papers yet (this is March purchased vehicle)

2. Have you received an invoice, where the ex-showroom price etc. is clearly listed? When I was taking delivery of the car, the dealer only showed me such a paper, but declined to provide an "invoice". He promised to whatsapp the picture of that paper, but hasn't done that yet. I have the RTO tax paid receipt, and receipts of all the payments I have made, but no invoice. Is it the same for you as well.
Old 17th June 2016, 13:46   #1538
BHPian

Facing a peculiar problem in my W10 which has run around 15000 kms.
The XUV blue sense app always shows a much higher reading on the Tyre pressure gauge. I use 32 psi in the front and 30 psi in the back. Have tried this from multiple tyre dealers across 2 states still every time the app shows a drastically different figure. I just filled air from navi mumbai and the thing show 43 psi in front and 39 at the back.
Old 17th June 2016, 13:47   #1539

Quote:
2. Have you received an invoice, where the ex-showroom price etc. is clearly listed? When I was taking delivery of the car, the dealer only showed me such a paper, but declined to provide an "invoice". He promised to whatsapp the picture of that paper, but hasn't done that yet. I have the RTO tax paid receipt, and receipts of all the payments I have made, but no invoice. Is it the same for you as well.
In my case the original invoice was retained by the RTO while I got registration done by myself and not through the dealer. In your case I believe the dealer has got the registration done and therefore he would have retained for submitting it to the RTO office.
anishr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 14:20   #1540
BHPian

Guys, I reckon it's high time I sell this tin car what they call the XUV 500- this vehicle sits in the workshop most of the time rather than at my place, and the best part is that it's not even been an year of my purchase. New issues keep cropping up now and then- water seepage/2nd row seat cant fold/infotainment issues/ sunroof problems/sub-optimal wipers etc

I should've NEVER sold away the Bimmer is now what I feel !
Old 17th June 2016, 14:48   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
1. If you have opted for extended warranty, have you received the paper/certificate for the same. I recollect there was a small discussion on the same, a few pages back. My extended warranty status shows in the Mahindra Hamesha app, but no papers yet (this is March purchased vehicle)

1. I have directly purchased extended warranty from Mahindra Hamesha app and I got the invoice and certificate as email attachments within 2 days

2. My dealer India Garage, Whitefield road has provided me the invoice with ex-showroom price
pgginish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 14:53   #1542
BHPian

Quote:

At any time you can request for a duplicate copy of Invoice. i did get one like this from Hyundai. You better visit showroom once and check with the manager instead of Sales Guy. Invoice is must if you are relocating to some other state.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 15:00   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgginish View Post
2. My dealer India Garage, Whitefield road has provided me the invoice with ex-showroom price
Mine is Anant cars. Time to tighten some screws there.
Old 17th June 2016, 23:38   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is Anant cars. Time to tighten some screws there.
I have got the receipts from AnantCars at the time of Delivery. They even told me that incase I loose it, they can always issue a duplicate. Also gave me the the tax paid receipt.
Old 18th June 2016, 11:30   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mun1shk View Post
I have got the receipts from AnantCars at the time of Delivery. They even told me that incase I loose it, they can always issue a duplicate. Also gave me the the tax paid receipt.
I have the receipts as well. What I do not have is the invoice. And the extended warranty letter.

Most Viewed