Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2016, 10:33   #1546
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

So, after much chasing, I got my extended warranty certificate. A pdf was mailed to me. There are two discrepancies that I notice:

Vehicle sale date is mentioned as 28th March, whereas I took delivery on 23rd March. Also vehicle kms at time of taking delivery is shown as 352kms, whereas when I took delivery, it was around 40- 50 kms. The registration number was allotted on 24th March.

Please note, I had paid for the extended warranty when I paid the balance payment (before car delivery). I suspect that the person concerned has typed some random values when the extended warranty was processed. My question is, is it worth creating a fuss? As long as other details match (the VIN, owner details, registration number), would the minor discrepancy in sale date be noticed and used as an excuse to deny warranty later?
Old 22nd June 2016, 16:08   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Hi All:

I was en route to the Technopark campus(where I work in Trivandrum), from Mannanthala and it must've raining cats and dogs for the past hour or so. All of a sudden, I notice water seeping from the side of the sunglass holder into the cabin. Upon closer scrutiny I found that the water leaks into the cabin when I turn a curve. I called up Mahindra immediately who said they would look into the issue and rectify it. Furthermore, the sunroof also used to have intermittent operational issues(must be because I don't use it much). These issues were exacerbated by an additional problem- the 2nd row seat now doesn't just fold for some strange reason.
Hi Jacob,
I have faced both these problems in my XUV as well, Solution:

1. Sunroof - I noticed that off lately my sun-roof refuses to open in the first go and requires 2-3 tries and when i push the glass a little towards top and press the "open" button, It opens. It clearly indicated that it isn't malfunctioning but there may be dust accumulated over its channels. So i cleaned all the dirt including the grease which had turned black in 1 year of usage. I did not open the Sunroof for 4 days as i had cleaned-off the grease completely, Took it to the service center and applied new grease in the channels(silver) and voila it works like a charm !

2. 2nd Row-seat folding
The most recurring niggle which couldn't be rectified completely after multiple visits. The seat folds in 2 stages 1 & 2. When you are in the stage 1 of folding, apply a little extra force so that a mild thud sound appears as soon as you recline it at the first stage and then proceed with 2nd stage ie. folding it completely. (This was the only solution that worked out for me)

Will be happy to help you by adding pictures if you are finding it difficult to understand. Thanks.
Zahoor23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 20:29   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
This is a question to XUV 500 W4 owners.

Where do you see the average fuel consumption of the vehicle, would it show the range also in W4?

The new W4 is coming with a 6" black and white screen seems like this was earlier used in W6, any clue on what information would be displayed in this apart from the general music functionalities.

I sent a query asking if it is possible to get the 6" screen of current w4, in the old generation w4 ? The ASM called and informed it will cost more than 1 lac and more than that it is not advisable. Struggling to understand why it should be so. But whatever be the case our W4s have become w3 !
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:36   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Hi Jacob,
I have faced both these problems in my XUV as well, Solution:

1. Sunroof - I noticed that off lately my sun-roof refuses to open in the first go and requires 2-3 tries and when i push the glass a little towards top and press the "open" button, It opens. It clearly indicated that it isn't malfunctioning but there may be dust accumulated over its channels. So i cleaned all the dirt including the grease which had turned black in 1 year of usage. I did not open the Sunroof for 4 days as i had cleaned-off the grease completely, Took it to the service center and applied new grease in the channels(silver) and voila it works like a charm !

2. 2nd Row-seat folding
The most recurring niggle which couldn't be rectified completely after multiple visits. The seat folds in 2 stages 1 & 2. When you are in the stage 1 of folding, apply a little extra force so that a mild thud sound appears as soon as you recline it at the first stage and then proceed with 2nd stage ie. folding it completely. (This was the only solution that worked out for me)

Will be happy to help you by adding pictures if you are finding it difficult to understand. Thanks.
Thanks much Zahoor23- it does assuage my pain. To be honest, I am OK with these niggles, however what worries me was the water seepage bit whilst driving especially when the vehicle is hardly an year old- this clearly belies their 'superior quality' and rigorous QC that the vehicle must have been subjected to?
Old 23rd June 2016, 20:57   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I sent a query asking if it is possible to get the 6" screen of current w4, in the old generation w4 ? The ASM called and informed it will cost more than 1 lac and more than that it is not advisable. Struggling to understand why it should be so. But whatever be the case our W4s have become w3 !
I had asked the same question to them but I had asked for my W6 and I wanted the colour touch screen which they are giving in new W6.

Trust me I got the same reply. That it will cost approx 1Lac and they won't recommend to get it done.

But the irony is that they have quoted you the same for the monochrome screen.
Old 23rd June 2016, 21:31   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Had a long chat with my service advisor at the service centre yesterday regarding the rattling noises from all the XUV's, And he honestly accepted its because of the poor quality of the parts used in the interior, The panels are all clip-on type which results in going loose over a period of time, Even if refitted it would still go loose eventually.

Thanks to my previous XUV i am totally fine with my XUV making some noises.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 17:20   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Trust me W4 & W6 our real VFM deals from Mahindra. Given the current OTR prices between 14-16lakhs you get more car for the money spent. Too much gadgetry from an Indian Manufacturer is bound to create some or the other issues .
Question is do you want to invest in good sound or a fancy display unit. In 1 lac you can create a display unit out of an Ipad mini or leverage one of the latest Pioneer screens with Compos, Coaxials, Woofer, Amp and damping
Old 26th June 2016, 09:11   #1553

Was cruising the highways when a small stone hit my windscreen and caused this crack!

Having a 0% depreciation insurance, will replacement of the windscreen be covered?
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-crack.jpg  

Old 26th June 2016, 13:47   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand_Mur View Post
Was cruising the highways when a small stone hit my windscreen and caused this crack!

Having a 0% depreciation insurance, will replacement of the windscreen be covered?
In most US insurance policies it is covered in any case - because of its safety implications. So you should push your case.
arao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 14:59   #1555

Yes, I recently checked with tata aig while renewal of my policy. It's covered. They also suggested that such coin sized cracks can now be repaired as well. So I would suggest to check with windshield experts or showroom if repair is possible and inturn save ncb as well. Secondly based on my past 3 experiences, no one could match the windshield fixing done in factory. All 3 times windshield fixed by showroom went loose or started leaking in my honda city.
gauravkhurana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 22:07   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its covered no worries, Get it changed.

Also people who have got their New age XUV's in 2015 can anyone please confirm if you guys have updated your infotainment system software to the latest one which has all the animations of the XUV?
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 23:09   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

Also people who have got their New age XUV's in 2015 can anyone please confirm if you guys have updated your infotainment system software to the latest one which has all the animations of the XUV?
Yes got mine updated last month. I believe the latest version is 6.00. It has nice animations, but these animations add delay, especially to the tiretronics screen.
Old 27th June 2016, 00:04   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
Yes got mine updated last month. I believe the latest version is 6.00. It has nice animations, but these animations add delay, especially to the tiretronics screen.
Thanks for the information, For some reason my service advisor says here are no updates available for my vehicle even though i clearly told him how even the 2016 models are already coming along with it, But he continued to argue about it. Seems i have to try another service centre to get the infotainment system updated.
Old 27th June 2016, 07:49   #1559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Its covered no worries, Get it changed.

Thanks Tanveer. But like gauravkhurana has mentioned, will the dealer be able to match the fitting quality of a factory fitted windscreen?
Old 27th June 2016, 11:19   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Tanveer. But like gauravkhurana has mentioned, will the dealer be able to match the fitting quality of a factory fitted windscreen?

I have got my windscreen replaced twice in my previous generation xuv, Both because of the stone hitting while driving on the highway, Fitting was great and i never had an issue, But make sure you get it done at a authorised service centre only, So even if something goes wrong they can never turn a blind eye to it.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks