Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2016, 18:03   #1606
BHPian

So last weekend four xuv's 2 fwd and 2 awd went offroading in the slush at navi Mumbai. Me and tanveer with the AWD had loads of fun. The legendary Sanjay (sdp) and madhu also joined in.The same has been posted by tanveer in the thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178217

Do have a look for those guys especially thinking of getting an AWD. Navi Mumbai group members also were present and helped out immensely.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 11:28   #1607

Hi, can someone suggest me how best I can get my face-lift xuv w8 alloys painted Matt black.
I asked a body shop guy in gurgaon he said anything over alloy will flake off in few months. Is that so?
If yes then is there any other option... Either by sanding it or using a primer.
Old 21st July 2016, 05:08   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhurana View Post
Hi, can someone suggest me how best I can get my face-lift xuv w8 alloys painted Matt black.
I asked a body shop guy in gurgaon he said anything over alloy will flake off in few months. Is that so?
If yes then is there any other option... Either by sanding it or using a primer.
I got my xuv alloys painted gunmetal grey last year. It was done professionally but in one of the wheel the paint has started flaking off. So maybe ur body shop chap is correct. Am taking the xuv to the paint shop over the weekend to find a solution.
Old 21st July 2016, 10:45   #1609
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhurana View Post
My brother had done 'Powder Coated' his alloys in Ecospot. Its more than 4 years and it has stayed. Solvent paint would flake.
Old 21st July 2016, 19:37   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post
I got my xuv alloys painted gunmetal grey last year. It was done professionally but in one of the wheel the paint has started flaking off. So maybe ur body shop chap is correct. Am taking the xuv to the paint shop over the weekend to find a solution.
Hello Ayon, can you please post some pics of the gunmetal alloys and also the expenditure incurred.
Old 23rd July 2016, 16:27   #1611
Senior - BHPian

Hi team, i wanted to install a rear view camera in our W4. Asked my SA and he said that get the one from the showroom. Its the one which has a screen inside the rear view mirror and costs 8k. I asked him is its possible to fit the new infotainment system which is in the new W4 now and he said its not possible. Any inputs regarding this ?
Old 23rd July 2016, 17:21   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Hi team, i wanted to install a rear view camera in our W4. Asked my SA and he said that get the one from the showroom. Its the one which has a screen inside the rear view mirror and costs 8k. I asked him is its possible to fit the new infotainment system which is in the new W4 now and he said its not possible. Any inputs regarding this ?
The new infotainment system in w4 is monochrome display so it wont support a rear view camera. Even for my 1st gen W6 I had enquired about getting the touch screen infotainment system fitted which they had refused saying that its not recommended.

For rear view mirror i am interested in this product and will be ordering it soon. I find the review good and worth the amount. You can have a look at the link.

http://s.aliexpress.com/JVjYz6Vr
Old 23rd July 2016, 18:20   #1613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
If you are seriously looking out for an infotainment upgrade, you can try this option. This Bhpian has got it done to perfection. This would also cater to your rear camera requirement. Try to send him a PM, if possible talk to him once to understand better.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post3852104

Hope this helps.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 16:54   #1614

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh.saab View Post
Hello Ayon, can you please post some pics of the gunmetal alloys and also the expenditure incurred.
Hello Singh saab. Find below the link to Ayon's XUV with gunmetal grey painted alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post
Hello everyone. wanted to thank TeamBHP for helping me overcome my doubts and go ahead and buy the XUV 500. Bought a white W8. its been 6 weeks and its already been to Leh and back. 5600 kms done already.

The forum prepared me for the niggles and thus there were no moments of panic and I can truly say that the vehicle is built for the road. Its a complete treat to drive. i will upload the ownership thread and the leh travelogue as soon as possible so that i may be of assistance to someone as so many of you were to me.
Anand_Mur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 17:01   #1615
BHPian

A quick review on version 6.0.0 of infotainment sw update and navigation update.

Niggles fixed:

1.Equaliser settings not saved.
2. Bluetooth ringer volume set too high
3. Current Time not displayed in navigation mode.

I got this updated last week and no new issues faced so far.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 18:27   #1616

Looks way nicer than the earlier version.

I am glad someone knocked some sense into the Mahindra design department and reduced the size of the chrome "Bull Horns" in the rear, which seems to be present in all of their vehicles lately.

It would have been great if they could have done away with that bulge completely, but I guess it houses the rear wiper assembly or something.

Anyway, a much needed step in the right direction. I hope they rework all their vehicles and reduce the over stylization that for some reason the folks there seem to think is cool.
Old 1st August 2016, 10:29   #1617
BHPian

happened to see this Left hand drive XUV being test driven while going to office this morning. It was near ashok pillar in Chennai. just happened to notice the car casually and found that the driver was seated at the left side and was curious. it was code named W256. i think XUV500 is getting ready to be sold in the LHD markets. pls zoom in on that piece of paper stuck on the rear windshield which reveals the same.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-xuv-lhd.jpg
CruzeLiner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 21:57   #1618
BHPian

Team need your help, got my beast home on 2nd July from G3 motors Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Till date the car is unregistered citing issues at vashi RTO. Dealership experience is pathetic, they are asking me to directly liase with RTO for registration or wait with no TAT what are my legal options ?

Not sure if this is the right forum but wanted prospective XUV500 customers to stay far away from G3 motors.
Old 3rd August 2016, 22:14   #1619
BHPian

Hello people,

I have one query and would like to seek some help from this forum, I have recently started using “start Stop” function in my daily drive to office and what I have noticed that out of 10 times 2-3 times start stop function doesn’t work, it gives a sound of “ tick” but engine doesn start and I need to press clutch 2-3 times and then engine starts again but it takes 40-50 seconds

Did anyone faced this problem. I am sure my car battery is fine as my XUV is 1 year old ( New Age).
Old 3rd August 2016, 22:46   #1620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post
Hello people,

I have one query and would like to seek some help from this forum, I have recently started using “start Stop” function in my daily drive to office and what I have noticed that out of 10 times 2-3 times start stop function doesn’t work, it gives a sound of “ tick” but engine doesn start and I need to press clutch 2-3 times and then engine starts again but it takes 40-50 seconds

Did anyone faced this problem. I am sure my car battery is fine as my XUV is 1 year old ( New Age).
I have used Start Stop function quite frequently. What I have noticed is that if I engage the gear immediately before even vehicle has started then engine will not start. So I make sure that engine has started before I fiddle with gear lever. You can also check the same.

Most Viewed