Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2016, 15:17   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Update

Our XUV is almost a year old now so decided to give her some new bells and whistles. Took her to the Mahindra Showroom yesterday to get some essential accessories installed.
Met the accessories manager along with our sales agent and struck a decent deal compared to the outside market plus with Mahindra warranty atleast you have piece of mind.

Got the fog lamps installed without the (imho) garish chrome surrounding. The front looks much better now.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_20160918_152311_resized.jpg

A much needed thing was parking assistance so got both the rear camera and sensors installed. The camera feeds an external screen fitted on the rear view mirror and the sensors give the warnings through a separate speaker inside the car.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_20160918_152401_resized_1.jpg

The installation process was smooth and took around an hour for the work to get over.
They offered to take the car to their nearest service center to get the fog lamps activated but since its near our place i went their personally. The technical guy connected his laptop and the work was done within minutes.

Total damage - 10k for all three products.

Will try to post a review after a few days of usage. Cheers

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 19th September 2016 at 15:19.
faithless_1984 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 16:39   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post

Btw - how did it go for you after this? did you manage to sort out the stuff or escalate to M&M?

Secondly, am i accurate in notiing that the blue sense app on android doesnt report the PSI if its marked 'low'? i mean i would like to know how low it is...but it doesnt show
Hi Piyush, thank you for your detailed feedback on the potential causes for the niggles I am facing. I have an appointment on coming Saturday, so this is useful. On predictable lines, as the day approaches near, the XUV is now not showing any signs of these niggles . I have been allotted the same service advisor as last time- I think it would be better to go with him only as he should be aware of what was done previously.

Regarding Bluetooth app, my SA has confirmed that the app is not very accurate in showing the tire pressure. He says that as long as infotainment shows "ok", that is fine.
Old 19th September 2016, 19:50   #1683
Senior - BHPian

Guys a quick question.

Is there a way you can reset service reminder on your own? I got my XUV serviced from outside since its almost 5 years now and would be out of warranty, however people there were not able to connect their device (even though they do service for high end cars like BMW/Merc etc)
So any quick Juggard?
Old 20th September 2016, 01:09   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Guys a quick question.

Is there a way you can reset service reminder on your own? I got my XUV serviced from outside since its almost 5 years now and would be out of warranty, however people there were not able to connect their device (even though they do service for high end cars like BMW/Merc etc)
So any quick Juggard?
No quick juggard. They have to actually hook up their computer and click on the button that says "service done" to remove it. It gives a write command to the vehicle. Which would be difficult without the software mahindra uses. Just go to the service center they will do it, takes a few minutes only.

Last edited by falconion : 20th September 2016 at 01:11.
Old 21st September 2016, 11:01   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
I have tried those F8 series of Auto furnish.
Installed them 10 day ago.
Bought from Amazon for 799/-
working fine .Far better than OEM.
Installation was effortless . No extra fitments were used.
I am planning to buy F8 series wipers for my Fortuner. Could you please let me know the current feedback after using for last few months.

I had purchased Bosch from Amazon (around 400 INR), it was good for first few weeks, but started laving rubber marks in a month and needs replacement now.
Old 21st September 2016, 13:52   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I am planning to buy F8 series wipers now.
No they are not good(f8 series from Autofurnish). Good only for a week or so.

Bosch frame less ones i understand is best option one can have for Xuv.

Last edited by madhu33 : 21st September 2016 at 13:55.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 13:55   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
No they are not good(f8 series from Autofurnish). Good only for a week or so.

Bosch frame less ones i understand is best option one can have for Xuv as i understand.
Thanks Madhu, my experience with Bosch was also bad, let me check if there is a frameless option available for Fortuner
Old 10th October 2016, 19:58   #1688
BHPian

Guys,

I currently own a SWIFT VXI ( 2012 Model, 25,000 KM's done ) & all set to upgrade to a SUV

After lot of research, I have shortlisted 2 vehicles finally ---> Duster 85 BHP RXZ ( Top end ) & XUV 500 W4 ( Base variant )

Factors taken while shortlisting:

1. Must be a SUV with Diesel Engine
2. Must have basic safety features ( Dual Airbags, ABS+EBD )
3. Family of 3. So 5 seater is fine.
4. Mostly city usage. Highway drive only for trips with family/friends ( Once in 2-3 months )
5. Max strech budget 14L - 15L

Here are the pros & cons based on my research.

XUV W4:

Pros:

1. Real SUV with a great road presence & premium interiors
2. Mahindra A.S.S is better compare to Renault
3. Good Resale value compare to Dusty

Cons:

1. Ride quality and handling in city is not great compare to Dusty
2. Missing Electronics/gizmos in W4 variant ( That's fine, I am not a big fan of gizmos )

Duster 85 BHP RXZ:

Pros:

1. Excellent Diesel engine with very good mileage
2. Great driving comfort in city with best ride quality and handling

Cons:

1. Not a best seller --- Duster sales are down even with facelift/discounts
2. Just one dealer ( Trident ) for entire Bangalore --- A.S.S is poor compare to Mahindra
3. Low Resale value compare to XUV
4. Poor Interiors compare to direct competition ( Creta )

Experts, please share your feedback.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11th October 2016, 08:53   #1689
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
After lot of research, I have shortlisted 2 vehicles finally ---> Duster 85 BHP RXZ ( Top end ) & XUV 500 W4 ( Base variant )
It is top end always be it any car.

Also comparing the Duster RxZ to XUV W4, I'll go with Duster, because of it's ride quality, Reliability, features compared to W4 of XUV and for its VFM nature. Also for your family of 3, XUV isn't the right choice IMO.

W4 variant is too basic to own in my eyes.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 10:26   #1690
BHPian

Quote:

Experts, please share your feedback.

Thanks in advance!
If you are "the practical guy" looking for a car that looks like an SUV with a car like mileage but with larger space, you buy the Duster

If you are "the enthusiast" wanting a powerful vehicle which is an SUV and you plan to do many outstation trips, where you need a lot more space and comfort, you buy the XUV.
Travelator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 14:36   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It is top end always be it any car.

Also comparing the Duster RxZ to XUV W4, I'll go with Duster, because of it's ride quality, Reliability, features compared to W4 of XUV and for its VFM nature. Also for your family of 3, XUV isn't the right choice IMO.

W4 variant is too basic to own in my eyes.
Thanks Anurag. You are right. Duster RXZ does seems to be VFM now considering Renault is giving some good discounts now. After all discounts, it's coming to around 14L OTR Bangalore.
XUV has been known for it's electronics/gizmos ( Specially W8 & W10 ). W6 is also descent. But as you said, W4 is too basic for a vehicle that costs about 15L OTR Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelator View Post
If you are "the practical guy" looking for a car that looks like an SUV with a car like mileage but with larger space, you buy the Duster

If you are "the enthusiast" wanting a powerful vehicle which is an SUV and you plan to do many outstation trips, where you need a lot more space and comfort, you buy the XUV.
You got it right. I need a vehicle that looks like an SUV but drives like a car.
Currently my usage is mostly inside city & occasionally on highways.
So I will stick to Dusty for this upgrade & keep XUV for my next upgrade.

This is the upgrade path I am looking at currently

SWIFT ---> Duster ---> XUV ---> Fortuner

Last edited by Zappo : 12th October 2016 at 14:46. Reason: No back to back posts please. Use Multiquote button to add more than one post in one go. Use the Edit button to add to your post in first 30 minutes. Back to back posts merged.
Old 13th October 2016, 13:02   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I currently own a SWIFT VXI ( 2012 Model, 25,000 KM's done ) & all set to upgrade to a SUV
IMO, unless you have the great urge to drive off to those far places, SUVs may not be your need. There are great sedans available at your budget. For the city rides and class sedan would do!
Old 17th October 2016, 14:40   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Got the fog lamps installed without the (imho) garish chrome surrounding. The front looks much better now.
Total damage - 10k for all three products.

Will try to post a review after a few days of usage. Cheers
How much did you paid for the genuine accessory fog lamps?
What is your view after experiencing them in night on your known roads (on earlier drives with standard lights without fogs)?
Old 18th October 2016, 09:10   #1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder View Post
How much did you paid for the genuine accessory fog lamps?
What is your view after experiencing them in night on your known roads (on earlier drives with standard lights without fogs)?
The fog lamps cost Rs. 977 each. The chrome bezels cost Rs. 522 each. Labour for fitting will be charged at Rs. 1800.
In total the complete job will cost you a little less than Rs. 5500, inclusive of service taxes.
Anand_Mur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 11:46   #1695
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand_Mur View Post
The fog lamps cost Rs. 977 each. The chrome bezels cost Rs. 522 each. Labour for fitting will be charged at Rs. 1800.
In total the complete job will cost you a little less than Rs. 5500, inclusive of service taxes.
For fog lamps costing around 1900Rs, the labour of 1800Rs seems too high. Can you kindly reconfirm?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks