Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2016, 12:28   #1711
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I have a request for XUV owners in Hyd.

I need a roof rack for a XUV for just a week. A new one is costing about 8-9k and I won't be using it very often, so don't want to spend money on it right now. Can somebody spare a rack for me? Thanks in advance.
Old 14th November 2016, 11:30   #1712
Senior - BHPian

Android Auto coming to the Mahindra XUV500

Thank you to Team-BHP fan Hardit Marwah for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Mahindra might soon introduce a new infotainment system to the XUV5OO, which will support Android Auto connectivity. The official Android Auto website suggests that the feature is 'coming soon' to the 2017 XUV5OO.

The mid-size 7-seater SUV segment has been facing tough competition in recent times. The XUV's dominance is now at a big threat from the upcoming Tata Hexa, while some customers are also opting for the new Innova Crysta instead. With Android Auto becoming a popular feature in various segments, Mahindra too appears to be relying on it to give a slight boost to the XUV's presence in the Indian market.

In addition to Android Auto, Mahindra might also add a few more features to the 2017 XUV5OO. However, comprehensive cosmetic changes on the outside are highly unlikely since the SUV was given a mid-life facelift last year.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-capture.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 14th November 2016 at 11:34.
dZired is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 15:27   #1713
BHPian

Tata motors is also listed in the Android Auto's website. So I guess Tata is not far behind
Whiplash7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 10:13   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I took my XUV to Anant cars two days before my long road trip. The person there was able to replicate all the major issues regarding noise and squeak and also identify a fresh one! After he realized that I was going on a long road trip, he promised to "re-tourque" the suspension as well. He said that it will help in reducing the noise I face when the car goes over a hump or a rough patch (this was one of my complaints).

I have just returned from my trip, driving 5,300 kms in the last 13 days, and I must say, the car has behaved flawlessly. Not a single squeak or rattle. Yes, I was driving on national highways, but the road was very bad in the Jodhpur-Jaisalmer and Jodhpur- Jaipur stretch, plus at a few places, I had to get off the road to get ahead of traffic.

I did end up with a few scratches on the left ORVM and a chip in the windshield, but can't fault the car for the same.
Can you give me the name of the guy in Anant. Im quite disappointed with Sireesh. Lately their service quality has hit rock bottom. Even though Anant work out far for me i still dont mind taking my vehicle there. If you could recommend a contact their i can probably get a more personal response.

Thanks.
Old 15th November 2016, 10:58   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Can you give me the name of the guy in Anant.
My Service Advisor was Puneeth BR. Have pm'med you his cell number.

The person who sat in the car and identified the issues, and promised a particular course of action, was someone else (can't remember the name). Puneeth had asked him to look into this.

This was on 1st Oct 2016.

Cheers.
Ajay
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 15:34   #1716
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I need a roof rack for a XUV for just a week. A new one is costing about 8-9k and I won't be using it very often, so don't want to spend money on it right now. Can somebody spare a rack for me? Thanks in advance.
Did you find out the answer? A friend of mine recently asked if I have a carrier too. Many folks are taking Zoom Car XUVs and need roof carriers when they are 7 people to travel in car. Are there rental places or so in cities like Bangalore?
Old 16th November 2016, 18:15   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Did you find out the answer?
Nope. Finally found a friend who could lend me his rack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Are there rental places or so in cities like Bangalore?
I don't think so. But looks like a good business idea .
Old 21st November 2016, 11:49   #1718
BHPian

mine is W10 Manual, I have a strange question,
What happens when you push start/stop button when the car is running on road, does it stop the engine immediately and put us in danger?

I need to know this because I am bit worried about a kid sitting on front might press this start/stop button accidentally.

I did not try this yet but eager to know

-AM
Old 21st November 2016, 18:46   #1719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
mine is W10 Manual, I have a strange question,
What happens when you push start/stop button when the car is running on road, does it stop the engine immediately and put us in danger?

I need to know this because I am bit worried about a kid sitting on front might press this start/stop button accidentally.

I did not try this yet but eager to know

-AM
The Start/Stop button is the least of your concern. It works under strict guidelines. You can turn it On and Off at any time, but it only works when the car is at a stop with the car in neutral and clutch is not depressed, at this time the vehicle will shut off the engine. When you are ready to go, you have to press the clutch and then the car will turn on. So nothing to be concerned about.

P.S. Please do avoid having kids in the front seat.
falconion is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 08:30   #1720
BHPian

I just read the manual, the start/stop button works even when the vehicle is moving so it's really dangerous when someone accidentally press the stop/stop button. The button placement is also on the wrong side where anyone can access it easily, its supposed to be on the right hand side of the dashboard rather near passenger side of it. I need to be careful now.

-AM
muke31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 17:19   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Android Auto coming to the Mahindra XUV500

Mahindra might soon introduce a new infotainment system to the XUV5OO, which will support Android Auto connectivity. The official Android Auto website suggests that the feature is 'coming soon' to the 2017 XUV5OO.
This is a great news. But I have one question, will the present 7inch infotainment touchscreen will get a software update or a fresh new system will be coming. As my w10 (HUNTER) have wi-fi symbols.

Regards
Old 25th November 2016, 14:31   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Android Auto coming to the Mahindra XUV500[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by singh.saab View Post
This is a great news. But I have one question, will the present 7inch infotainment touchscreen will get a software update or a fresh new system will be coming. As my w10 (HUNTER) have wi-fi symbols.

Regards
Even I have the same doubt. I'm contemplating to purchase a W10 AT in this Dec. So, if it is just a software update, it would be great. I can simply update my system too. Else, I will be missing out an additional feature.
Old 28th November 2016, 11:17   #1723
BHPian

So, took my XUV for 20K service to Global Galleria Thane last week. When I went to pickup the vehicle this is what I found:

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-cxzikaquoaa2xne.jpg

More surprise was in store for me at the billing counter. I was charged Rs 250 /- for WD40 (for those who have better things to do than track WD40 prices, that's 400 ml at retail). This charge was quickly scratched out on enquiring about the necessity of half a litre of WD40 for routine service. Have written to Mahindra about this, lets see what they have to say.

Oh well! at least the dogs had fun
sumithb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 21:22   #1724
BHPian

Does anybody know when the 2017 XUV500 will be available ? I have almost finalized on the W10 AT and started talking to the dealers in Bangalore. The sales guy from Anant Cars (Bangalore) called me today saying that they are having a year end clearance sale for the existing stock. The manufacturing facility is going through annual maintenance/renovation process and there will be no more new cars for a while. For the year end sale it seems they are offering up to Rs 53K discount.

I am very keen on booking it, but was wondering if the 2017 model is coming soon, then I could as well wait for the new 2017 model.

Thanks
KB
Old 7th December 2016, 10:00   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Oh well! at least the dogs had fun
Look at the guy on top, a real Cheeta aspiring Dog

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks