Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2016, 10:14   #1726
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiswal View Post
The sales guy from Anant Cars (Bangalore) called me today saying that they are having a year end clearance sale for the existing stock. The manufacturing facility is going through annual maintenance/renovation process and there will be no more new cars for a while.
Thats obvious. Every year around X'mas M&M facility slows down. Only except last year when they were nearing KUV launch. I had been there last X'mas and spent a day seeing things around. So for sure I know from my interactions with folks there, production slows down around year end.

There may be new model in works, we don't know yet. The competition is so heated up and gaps between XUVs and other cars reducing fast, I am sure something would be in works for 2017 - just not sure if it would be Jan 2017 or Dec 2017!
Old 7th December 2016, 10:28   #1727
BHPian

I am curious why the sales folks at the dealerships discourage people from buying the AWD! When I asked for AWD at 2 dealerships in Bangalore, it was almost like I offended them and started asking me my usage pattern and stuff. When I said I just need it, it was like they agreed to send me some information. But not before adding that FWD can do almost everything that AWD can do. Made me feel like I was wasting a lakh rupees for nothing.
wanderlust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 11:28   #1728
BHPian

Is a face lift XUV 5OO due from M&M in 2017 or will it be in 2018? Do we have any reliable information or reports on XUV 5OO plans for 2017? I was planning for an upgrade mid next year.
Old 7th December 2016, 12:07   #1729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
I am curious why the sales folks at the dealerships discourage people from buying the AWD! When I asked for AWD at 2 dealerships in Bangalore, it was almost like I offended them and started asking me my usage pattern and stuff. When I said I just need it, it was like they agreed to send me some information. But not before adding that FWD can do almost everything that AWD can do. Made me feel like I was wasting a lakh rupees for nothing.
Usually AWD's are manufactured only after the order is received. Especially during month end or year end to clear the stocks, the sales executives are informed to convince the customers to go for the models available at their stockyard.

I would recommend you to stand your ground and insist them to take booking for AWD. But you will have to wait for at least 3 weeks to get the delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Is a face lift XUV 5OO due from M&M in 2017 or will it be in 2018? Do we have any reliable information or reports on XUV 5OO plans for 2017? I was planning for an upgrade mid next year.
The first facelift for XUV happend after 4 years of its launch, hence we cant expect a facelift atleast for next 2 years. Might be there will be minor feature additions to match with the competitions.

Last edited by fusionbang : 7th December 2016 at 12:16.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 15:12   #1730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
I am curious why the sales folks at the dealerships discourage people from buying the AWD! When I asked for AWD at 2 dealerships in Bangalore, it was almost like I offended them and started asking me my usage pattern and stuff. sniped
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Usually AWD's are manufactured only after the order is received. Especially during month end or year end to clear the stocks, the sales executives are informed to convince the customers to go for the models available at their stockyard.

I would recommend you to stand your ground and insist them to take booking for AWD. But you will have to wait for at least 3 weeks to get the delivery.
Agree with Sunay. I wanted to purchase an AWD in Feb 2016, and Sireesh auto wanted to palm off a Dec 2015 FWD that he had in stock, and in a different color. He practically stopped talking (like no chasing etc.).

Went with Anant cars. Had to wait for 6 weeks due to some production delays and budget impact. When I cribbed, they tried to convince me to go for an FWD, but I stood my ground.
Old 7th December 2016, 17:43   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Agree with Sunay. I wanted to purchase an AWD in Feb 2016, and Sireesh auto wanted to palm off a Dec 2015 FWD that he had in stock, and in a different color. He practically stopped talking (like no chasing etc.).

Went with Anant cars. Had to wait for 6 weeks due to some production delays and budget impact. When I cribbed, they tried to convince me to go for an FWD, but I stood my ground.
Thanks guys. I am also going to do the same under the threat that I will lose the december offers if the delivery happens next year. But I mentioned that the car will anyway be a 2016 make, so discounts have to be applicable... an the negotiations continue.

Last edited by wanderlust : 7th December 2016 at 17:44. Reason: typo
Old 7th December 2016, 19:16   #1732
Team-BHP Support

Surprising...the dealer is here to bill an AWD in 3 weeks, why not at a place like Bangalore? Maybe an e-mail to M&M CC may help.
Old 11th December 2016, 21:05   #1733
BHPian

XUV FWD Engine oil, I am keen in changing the engine oil to OWS 15W40 Universal Multimax Diesel Engine Oil,
Please let me know if this will affect engine or performance

Has anyone used this oil in XUV?

The recommended engine oil is 15W40 and I used OWS in my LAURA TSI and satisfied with the performance

Kindly suggest

-AM
Old 12th December 2016, 11:43   #1734

Looking for a horn of good quality that will also match the XUV's personality. Kindly suggest. Which ones have you used or are using currently?

I'm generally a fan of the trumpet style horns. I have a Bosch Symphony fitted on my XUV. It has just been 8 months and this thing has failed. Time to get a new one that will hopefully last longer.
Old 13th December 2016, 16:14   #1735
BHPian

I have Oct 2016, XUV 500 W8 model with software version-3 and recently got 3rd service (2000 Km) done at Automotive Hyderabad.

I inquired about updates of software version. As per RM, software version is automatically updated once car is connected to service laptop. I checked my vehicle after service. It still shows same version. Has someone got software updates to latest version? if yes then please share version number.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-wp_20160820_12_01_29_pro_li.jpg  

Last edited by rakesht_ripps : 13th December 2016 at 16:27.
Old 13th December 2016, 20:17   #1736
BHPian

K&N stock replacement:

Yesterday i installed K&N stock replacement filter for my New AGE XUV, the difference it makes is worth spending 7K, there is definitely a change in behavior how it smoothly accelerates compares to stock air filter, i just did 20K service and at 27K i noticed the stock air filter looked like a garbage with lot of dust,carbon deposits and unable to touch it, it might be due to high city driving but astonished to see such dusts and carbon we inhale everyday on roads.
I delayed replacing stock to K&N this time and went in at 27K ODO, the difference is makes is worth spending this money, it now cleanly accelerates, though it does not give you big kick in power but i like how the engine cleanly or smoothly accelerates after K&N filter. you fill surely notice the difference. The engine sounded little crude and reduced after KN , it might be due to clogged stock air filter as well.

HID:
I am venturing into HID now, i just inquired the HID kit at Xenonplanet, the complete kit including the projector costs about 16K-19K + installation of 4.5K. The name of the kit is Mini Super v2 Kit with 2yrs warranty, Its a bi-xenon and these guys claim they installed in quite a few XUV's in Bangalore and there's no shadow issue, they mentioned that the stock projector is build only for Halogen and not for HID and hence the projector , shroud needs to be replaced.
I searched the entire forum and could not find anyone installed this HID Kit so far, if any one installed this in your XUV please share your experience.

-AM
muke31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 10:27   #1737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
K&N stock replacement:

Yesterday i installed K&N stock replacement filter for my New AGE XUV, the difference it makes is worth spending 7K, there is definitely a change in behavior how it smoothly accelerates compares to stock air filter, i just did 20K service and at 27K i noticed the stock air filter looked like a garbage with lot of dust,carbon deposits and unable to touch it, it might be due to high city driving but astonished to see such dusts and carbon we inhale everyday on roads.
I delayed replacing stock to K&N this time and went in at 27K ODO, the difference is makes is worth spending this money, it now cleanly accelerates, though it does not give you big kick in power but i like how the engine cleanly or smoothly accelerates after K&N filter. you fill surely notice the difference. The engine sounded little crude and reduced after KN , it might be due to clogged stock air filter as well.

-AM
Thanks for sharing information Request to share following:

1. Did you purchase and got it installed at Mahindra authorized service station or outside?
2. As per service guidelines, air filter has to be replaced every 10K Km. What is replacement period of K&N filter?
Old 14th December 2016, 20:21   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
More surprise was in store for me at the billing counter. I was charged Rs 250 /- for WD40 (for those who have better things to do than track WD40 prices, that's 400 ml at retail). This charge was quickly scratched out on enquiring about the necessity of half a litre of WD40 for routine service. Have written to Mahindra about this, lets see what they have to say.
Ok, so I got an email from the Customer Care manager (Thane area) regarding my query about WD40.

My question was
Quote:
I would like to understand what requires 400 ML of WD40 to be used and is this as per your policy/recommendation.
I quote verbatim (only the relevant section):

Quote:
During the discussion I had explain to you that WD40 is a lubricant which is used to lubricate various metal joint & loosening of bolts, the quantity required varies from vehicle to vehicle, this is a recommended & approved product from Mahindra & is use as per the requirement during the routine maintenance of vehicle

Hence, because of the need it was used in your vehicle, however based on your dissatisfaction about the charges as a goodwill gesture the same was waived off by the workshop.

So please be rest assured that our workshop team only uses Mahindra recommended product & the rates are as per the guideline provided by Mahindra.
So there you have it folks. WD40 is (officially sanctioned) used to lubricate various metal joint

Atleast, the squeaks are no longer a mystery! Whose taking bets on rattles?
Old 14th December 2016, 21:43   #1739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
Thanks for sharing information Request to share following:

1. Did you purchase and got it installed at Mahindra authorized service station or outside?
2. As per service guidelines, air filter has to be replaced every 10K Km. What is replacement period of K&N filter?

1. K&N installation is just very easy, remove the stock filter and put the KN filer in place of stock, you don't need to visit service center.

2. K&N filter can go more than a lac kms, you dont need to replace it before this. but we might need to clear it quite often depending on the level of pollution in our city.

-AM
muke31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 20:25   #1740
BHPian

Can the light guides on the facelifted version be used as DRLs without dimming the infotainment screen?

If I'm asking a duplicate question, kindly excuse me. Its just that I'm travelling and hence couldn't go through the entire thread.

Last edited by Turbo_Torq : 16th December 2016 at 20:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks