Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2015, 10:22   #166
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations Maneesh Happy munching miles with the cheetah.

Can you post some pics of the magnetic shades and the carpets? Also how is the quality of the magnetic shades provided by Mahindra?

IMO, Bridgestone would be the best bet. I am not sure how long the Apollo Apterra's will last, because one of my friend is using Apollo accelere's on his fabia and it is almost at the end of its life at 33000KMS, also it is prone to more road noise compared to Bridgestone.

In case if you have an option to change them to Bridgestone I would suggest you to go ahead or if money is not an issue, probably you can change them to Michelin's which is super silent.
Apterra range was launched by Apollo in 2014 specifically for SUVs. Apollo touts that Apterra tyre range has been developed by the company’s Global PV R&D centre located in Enschede, Netherlands and the tread consists of a multi-polymer compound. Quite different from Accelere IMO.

The Dealer has received three vehicles in total and all of them have come with Apterra, so no option to change them to Bridgestone. Upgrade to Michelin would cost me around 39-40K (for a set of five) under exchange. The question is whether its worth it?
Old 26th June 2015, 10:33   #167
Team-BHP Support

/OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
I saw this luggage rack mounted on top of the facelifted XUV. I am not sure if this has been posted before.
Here's the review of the Handirack installed on a BMW X1.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 18:33   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Folks, did a PDI today for my XUV W10 AWD. Everything's to my satisfaction, so have given my "go ahead" for the registration. Should get it in 3-4 days.

The only chink in its armour is that it's shrouded with Apollo Apterra. What's the verdict on these tyres? If its decent will stick with it.
Sumit, I think Apterras should perform fine. Ofcourse it would have been better if you had got Bridgestones but I dont think they are outstanding either. I sat in my friends XUV with Apterras and its fairly close to bridgestones. Only concern would be that they might harden more 2 yrs down the line compared to bridgestones. If money is not a constraint then get Michelins else stick with Apollos and change after 4 yrs.

My experience with Apollo acceleres on my Figo have been pretty good. Done 30K and still pattern looks strong for another 20K. They have hardened a bit though.
supertinu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 19:31   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Sumit, I think Apterras should perform fine. Ofcourse it would have been better if you had got Bridgestones but I dont think they are outstanding either. I sat in my friends XUV with Apterras and its fairly close to bridgestones. Only concern would be that they might harden more 2 yrs down the line compared to bridgestones. If money is not a constraint then get Michelins else stick with Apollos and change after 4 yrs.

My experience with Apollo acceleres on my Figo have been pretty good. Done 30K and still pattern looks strong for another 20K. They have hardened a bit though.
Thank you. Just the kind of first hand experience I was looking for. Will stick with Apterras for now.
sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 22:01   #170
BHPian

@Sumithb
You have quoted 40K for a set of 5 Michelins that too in exchange for a set of tyres which have hardly run. IMO it is exorbitant. Although nothing to beat Michelins. Just for my info how much does a Michelin for Cheetah cost.

Last edited by RajeVenu : 26th June 2015 at 22:03.
Old 26th June 2015, 22:04   #171
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
@Sumithb
You have quoted 40K for a set of 5 Michelins that too in exchange for a set if tyres which have hardly run. IMO it is exorbitant. Although nothing to beat Michelins. Just for my info how much does a Michelin for Cheetah cost.
A set of 5 would burn a hole of 75K INR through the wallet. I am talking about Mich Latitude Tour HP. I have a set of 4 for which I have paid 60K.

PS: The prices had dropped when I got the tyres 2-3 months back. It was 18/19K per tyre before that.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 22:15   #172
BHPian

I have Mich XM2 on my Indica for last 3 yrs and believe you me I will take the plunge anyday.
Btw thanks to your wishes SDP mahindra has reallocated a new age Cheetah inspite of alloting & billing a pre facelift model, took a few emails but they were prompt. I am sure mine would be the first face lift through CSD. The cheetah has reached the yard & I have to intimate delivery date. Eagerly awaiting to join the club.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 23:12   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Can you post some pics of the magnetic shades and the carpets? Also how is the quality of the magnetic shades provided by Mahindra?
Hi fusionbang,

Thanks for your wishes. Here are few snaps of Magnetic shades:

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-dsc_1183.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-dsc_1184.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-dsc_1204.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-dsc_1189.jpg

They are of good quality and quite flexible. It might not tear off soon.
Good enough for a shade and will stick well to the windows.
However need to be careful with the bottom part as it wont stick anywhere and may come on the way when we rollup window glasses, which obviously cause some damage either to the shade or to the door rim paint by the magnets. Its already happened for me few times, and now I'm careful enough not to rolldown the glasses fully. This might be the case only with first row shades. Second rows don't have such issues as it cover whole window.

I already got few scratches with driver side one .

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-dsc_1185.jpg

Mats

They are of good quality rubber, thick (especially the first rows) and could stay comfortably for 5+ years.

Driver side
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-dsc_1198.jpg

Second Row
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-dsc_1190.jpg

Third Row
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-dsc_1195.jpg

I would really recommend a mat here too

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-dsc_1196.jpg
Maneesh.MK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 07:16   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneesh.MK View Post
Here are few snaps of Magnetic shades:

Thanks for the pics Maneesh. The shades really look cool on the car and as you said it looks like they are of good quality. And are the scratches prone to happen regularly or only when they get stuck while the windows are rolled up.

I am contemplating to buy one, hence so many questions.

Quote:
I would really recommend a mat here too
The Mats look really cool on the car, I was provided with a normal mat which is OK'ish. I got Nomad mats from 3M on my car and I made sure even the area shown above gets covered too. Will post a picture of it later.
Old 27th June 2015, 09:12   #175
BHPian

Quote:
I caution against using these magnetic shades. The magnet has rough edges and the fabric is so thin that it scratches the paint easily. Especially if your daily commute involves going through some rough patches. I had to remove them after using just for a day. Here's what it did to one of the door frames. [ Pardon the image quality, but I hope you get the idea ].
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-scratches.jpeg  

PADAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 10:39   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
@Sumithb
You have quoted 40K for a set of 5 Michelins that too in exchange for a set of tyres which have hardly run. IMO it is exorbitant. Although nothing to beat Michelins. Just for my info how much does a Michelin for Cheetah cost.
Here's how the equation works:
Michelins: ~15K * 5 = 75K
Apterra: ~10K - less 25% for exhange = 7.5K * 5 = 37.5K
Difference: 37.5K (Have taken round figures in calculations above, actuals come closer to 39K)
Old 27th June 2015, 12:08   #177

Just got the delivery of my Cheetah : new age silver w8 yesterday from Sterling gurgaon.

Accessories already fitted
1. Rear bullbar
2. Side steps
3. Rain visor
4. Rear cam
5. Body side molding

Have a few of queries where i would need form's help :

1. Tyres : i got Apollo Apterra - not sure about the quality/road noise aspects.
Had Michellins XM2s on my Honda city zx for past 4 years and they kind of transformed my ride and renewed my interest in my already 5 yr old city.
Happy to follow sumitb's footsteps if apterras will give road noise and less grip and comfort than Michellin

2. Treatments both for paint and underbody
Is it recommended to get one ASAP ?
3m or waxol. Showroom guys give waxol, which one is better ?

3. 3d kagu mats - where to source it in gurgaon.
and should i go for 3m nomads instead ?

Thanks in advance.
gauravkhurana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 15:25   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhurana View Post
Just got the delivery of my Cheetah : new age silver w8 yesterday from Sterling gurgaon.

Accessories already fitted
1. Rear bullbar
2. Side steps
3. Rain visor
4. Rear cam
5. Body side molding

Thanks in advance.
Congrats Gaurav and wishing you the best in possessing the cheetah for years to come.
I am yet to take delivery of mine hence a few questions.
1. What kind of rear cam is MASS installing?? Is it the dynamic type as in W10 and where is it installed Bumper or Number plate garnish.
2. Is rain visor useful?? Doesn't it interfere with airflow.
3. Would be grateful if you can post pics of the accessories installed and cost.
Thanks & Regards
Old 27th June 2015, 17:39   #179
Senior - BHPian

Prices of michelins have dropped further to 13.5k now.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 17:48   #180
BHPian

I am stuck on the decision of buying the facelift W10 AWD. My heart tells me to go for but my mind is poiting me towards the T-Fort!!Really confused.

Most Viewed