Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2017, 16:10   #1876
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mun1shk View Post
Dealership folks are insisting that I take the insurance from them else I will have to manage each and everything by myself incase I go in for a claim sometime. Dealership price is almost 5K more than what I have been offered/given earlier.
Most likely one or both the calls you got are not from dealership. Last year I remember getting calls from multiple agents all mentioning that they are calling from Mahindra for insurance. On questioning they say they have got number from Mahindra or from dealership. Dealership says they are not aware of the same.

In any case, yes third party premium has gone up. In case you find a cheaper option outside you can always take that, no need to take the insurance through dealership. The issue is only if you go to a dealership which does not have tie-up with your insurance provider. In that case you will not be able to avail cashless claims. Else its all fine.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 21:02   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for responding. I have got the cover note from ICICI Lombard so hoping that they have submitted the cheque with the bank already. Only point of worry is whether dealership would help during claims. What problems I might get into if I don't take insurance from dealership? My dealership also has tie up with ICICI Lombard but they say that they will only help when I take it via dealership, else I am on my own.
I have first hand experience of not taking a tie up insurance from dealer. I had purchased National insurance from an agent we knew, but when there was a claim although the dealer had tie up with national insurance we faced lot of difficulties as we had not purchased the insurance from dealer. The surveyor was appointed by NIC directly who was not amenable and was insisting on repairs to structural damage which I was not keen on and was also not willing to replace lot of panels. However the NIC surveyor for the tie up i.e. the dealer was a different person who was writing off cars which had suffered structural damage as ours. Probably they have some incentives given by dealer for faster processing of claims.We had to run from pillar to pillar to get the claim approved and it took us five months to do so.

Insurance from dealers are hassle free but govt companies although are a headache but generally don't fleece you. There are a lot of private/MNC players who give you the cashless option even if it is not a tie up. I find the good or bad aspects of an insurance company is localised to the ASC. Go to the body shop when their surveyor is around or speak to him it will be better.
Old 8th April 2017, 22:00   #1878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Insurance from dealers are hassle free but govt companies although are a headache but generally don't fleece you. There are a lot of private/MNC players who give you the cashless option even if it is not a tie up. I find the good or bad aspects of an insurance company is localised to the ASC. Go to the body shop when their surveyor is around or speak to him it will be better.
Thanks for the response. That was really helpful. I will probably go there tomorrow and check with them personally and also see if I can get to meet the surveyor on one of working day next week.
Old 10th April 2017, 12:52   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Since you are from Gurgaon, let me share some views on the service. I owned a Safari storme till a few months back. While the car was very good, the service was abysmal. I tried Aristo, Dhingra and Concorde (del). All were competing with each other in incompetency and callousness.

Hence when it was time to change, I didnt consider the Hexa for this one major reason. I have gone and bought an XUV 500 AT. Now, I have no clue about Mahindra after sales in gurgaon, but from what I have heard, its certainly better than Tata.

(Its another matter that when I test drove the Hexa, i found the center console fouling with my left knee and hence that was a turn off)
Thanks Himanshu for providing the feedback on TATA's ASS in Gurgaon. Now it's pretty clear in my mind that i will go ahead and buy XUV. For me, ASS is very important and based on the feedback from you and other fellow BHPians, it is clear that Mahindra is way ahead than TATA in terms of after sales service (More responsive and reliable).

Need suggestion.

I was going through this review thread and found that lot of XUV owners are complaining about Bridgestone tyres quality during hard braking. They quote
"The Bridgestone duelers screech at every hard braking".

As i am planning to buy XUV next month, should i stick to these stock tyres or should i go ahead and buy Michelin or Pirelli? I am getting a good deal on Bridgestone tyres if will exchange them on the same day or next day of delivery.

P.S. I have already asked this question earlier on this forum and some guys asked me to stick to Bridgestone. But i am hearing more and more complaints from owners regarding screeching sound on hard brakes and i don't want to take any risk, therefore reposting the same question.

Last edited by Zappo : 10th April 2017 at 13:49. Reason: No back to back posts please. Use the edit button to add to your previous post within the first 30 minutes.
Old 10th April 2017, 13:47   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post
Need suggestion.

I was going through this review thread and found that lot of XUV owners are complaining about Bridgestone tyres quality during hard braking. They quote

As i am planning to buy XUV next month, should i stick to these stock tyres or should i go ahead and buy Michelin or Pirelli? I am getting a good deal on Bridgestone tyres if will exchange them on the same day or next day of delivery.

P.S. I have already asked this question earlier on this forum and some guys asked me to stick to Bridgestone. But i am hearing more and more complaints from owners regarding screeching sound on hard brakes and i don't want to take any risk, therefore reposting the same question.
So far in the 600 kms ive done on the XUV on bridgestones, and 45000 kms that I had done on my storme on Bridgestones, Ive had zero issues.

Go ahead with Bridgestones with your eyes closed. You would have bigger worries if your car came with Apollo Hawkz. Some XUVs come shod with Apollos and those tyres are absolutely pathetic and should be changed asap.
Old 10th April 2017, 13:50   #1881
BANNED

Quote:
You would have bigger worries if your car came with Apollo Hawkz.
Isn't it Apollo Apterra?

Or do the new models come with Apollo Hawkz?
Old 10th April 2017, 13:53   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't it Apollo Apterra?

When i took delivery of my car, i found a couple of W4s with Hawkz
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 14:17   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for suggestions

Its time to renew the insurance for our cheetah. Someone called me up in February beginning claiming that he is from dealership and offered ICICI Lombard insurance (with compulsory deductible - 2000 & voluntary deductible - 1000).

Dealership folks are insisting that I take the insurance from them else I will have to manage each and everything by myself incase I go in for a claim sometime. Dealership price is almost 5K more than what I have been offered/given earlier.

Are they just threatening me that they will not do anything incase I go in for claims or is it for real? Slightly confused here and need guidance on what should be followed/done.
My 2 cents - I live in Bangalore and have never taken insurance from the dealer, apart from the 1st policy for the new car. I always check out prices on policy bazaar, cover fox and the insurance websites themselves before picking a policy that meets my needs (zero dep, deductible, add-on covers etc). I have had 2 insurance claims on my Nissan Sunny, once when the insurance was Tata AIG and second time with Bharti AXA. Both times, the service station had no issues whatsoever. They coordinated with the surveyor to make sure the inspection is done on time and the claim processed. They didnt even ask me where I took the insurance (both occasions I had taken them online). I have claimed insurance on my older Santro where I had directly taken insurance from a PSU insurance company and again claims were handled professionally. So I guess whoever is calling you from the "real dealer" is just trying to make a quick buck with this tactic. Just make sure the insurance carrier you go for has a cashless tie-up with your preferred garage or service station.

I have also been recipient of a few random folks claiming to be insurance agents appointed by dealers, service stations and promising cheapest insurance at best rates, and these calls usually come 2-3 months before the renewal is due. My advice - stay away from them and unless you know an agent who can get you the best price, try online and you'll get the policy instantly
Old 10th April 2017, 17:07   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't it Apollo Apterra?

Mine came with the Apterra stock tyres- no problems thus far having clocked circa 25000 kms.
Old 11th April 2017, 17:37   #1885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response. That was really helpful. I will probably go there tomorrow and check with them personally and also see if I can get to meet the surveyor on one of working day next week.
On the three cars I have owned over the last 13 yrs in India I have never taken the insurance from the dealer even once including while purchasing the car. Only thing is that you pick an insurance provider who has a cash less tie up to avoid hassles during claims. List of insurance providers that have tie does change from dealership to dealership, so you can call and ask before getting the insurance. I have made claims with Future Generali, Bajaj Allianz and Bharti AXA, no issues faced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post

Unless you plan to hard brake regularly at highway speeds or carve corners out, there is no reason to change. Even if tires squeal its not like they dont have grip or performance. In 2 yrs of my ownership I really had 2-3 panic braking situations and they performed very well. I dont care about the squealing sound that came with it, usually its hardly audible inside with all windows up. They dont make any sound during regular braking conditions.

Last edited by supertinu : 11th April 2017 at 17:41.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 22:46   #1886
BHPian

In my 22000 kms and 10 months now, ive never had a problem of screeching with the BS Duelers at any point. I guess it is safe to say that one can go for them with eyes closed. Also, even after 22000 kms, the tread patterns are intact, and i have been through quite a lot of rough patches in the time its been with me (my W10).
SX4LOVER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 12:43   #1887
APV
BHPian

I have booked my Purple Cheetah yesterday at CAI Coimbatore and expecting car delivery in 15 days.

Today my SA called to inform that my vehicle will have Android Auto & another couple of minor upgrades. One of them is called E-call, if I remember right, which would make calls to preconfigured help line numbers like the one in Ford Ecosport, during an emergency.
Old 18th April 2017, 13:38   #1888
KAN
BHPian

Quote:
about Mahindra after sales in gurgaon
Sharing the Mahindra service experience so far in Gurgaon.
My XUV has run about 25K and I had bought in Sep 2015.

The service experience I had is fairly good with GSP Motors. Following is what I experienced across dealerships:

GSP: The sales and service is efficient. However there is some small niggle left after each service which requires a revisit (which is really annoying) but they finally manage to fix the issue. Only problem is the location of their workshop is very bad in Begumpur Khatola industrial area (at least for me). There also one at Kapashera but have not tried that one yet.

RR: These guys are only interested in money and the SA handling XUV is useless and does not even bothers to understand issue/ symptom and starts to talk about replacement charges etc. Same issue when I discussed with GSP they first found the issue corrected it under warranty. The location of this is good though near Ardee city.

Sterling: These people do not even care about sales not sure how service works for them. They open only weekdays till 5pm. I asked for test drive and no one even bothered to contact me for 1 full year. When I visited their showroom there was no vehicle for test drive (even after informing them in advance). So clearly not interested!!
KAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 13:41   #1889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAN View Post
Sharing the Mahindra service experience so far in Gurgaon.
My XUV has run about 25K and I had bought in Sep 2015.

The service experience I had is fairly good with GSP Motors. Following is what I experienced across dealerships:

GSP: The sales and service is efficient. However there is some small niggle left after each service which requires a revisit (which is really annoying) but they finally manage to fix the issue. Only problem is the location of their workshop is very bad in Begumpur Khatola industrial area (at least for me). There also one at Kapashera but have not tried that one yet.

RR: These guys are only interested in money and the SA handling XUV is useless and does not even bothers to understand issue/ symptom and starts to talk about replacement charges etc. Same issue when I discussed with GSP they first found the issue corrected it under warranty. The location of this is good though near Ardee city.

Sterling: These people do not even care about sales not sure how service works for them. They open only weekdays till 5pm. I asked for test drive and no one even bothered to contact me for 1 full year. When I visited their showroom there was no vehicle for test drive (even after informing them in advance). So clearly not interested!!

Bought mine from GSP so looks like i should stick to them only for service!
Old 19th April 2017, 19:21   #1890
BHPian

Mahindra has added four new features to the 2017 XUV 500.

Android Auto
Connected Apps
Ecosense tech
Emergency Call function

These features will be available on all XUV500s starting from the W6 variant and up. Company has introduced new Lake-Side Brown colour option with premium Black interiors, but this one is only available in the W10 variant for now.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-mahindraxuv500650_636282236112135112.jpg

With Connected Apps, the Mahindra XUV500 owners can now access a host of essential and entertainment app on the touchscreen infotainment system. Some of the key apps include - Gaana, Cricket Live, Zomato, and Book My Show along with other India-specific entertainment, music, live cricket updates, flash news, and information on best restaurants. Interestingly the users can access these apps even if these are not available in the mobile device but to do that users need to connect the infotainment system with a Wi-Fi hot spot using their phone's data connection.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-2017mahindraxuv500connectedapps_827x495_71492605859.jpg

The Ecosense technology helps in driving more efficiently by optimising fuel consumption and curtailing CO2 emissions. It's essentially like an electronic score sheet that gives you an 'Ecoscore' out of 100, based on driving parameters like - speed, gear selection, acceleration, idling, clutch override and aggressive breaking. This score is regularly displayed on the infotainment system which allows the driver to keep a check on his/her driving habits and what should be done to achieve more efficiency. A lot like green modes on some other cars - only more detailed. Drivers can also keep a track of previous scores on the system itself or via Mahindra's Bluesense mobile app. Also for those who like to share everything on social media, the app also allows the driver to share their Ecoscore on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-2017mahindraxuv500ecosense_827x496_51492605882.jpg

The Emergency Call or E-Call on the XUV500 provides access to emergency services in an unfortunate event. This is essentially triggered when an airbag is deployed and automatically calls emergency services and also sends a text alert to 2 pre-set numbers through a paired mobile phone.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-2017mahindraxuv500androidauto_827x496_41492605909.jpg
PraNeel is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks