Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2017, 19:30   #1891
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Mahindra has added four new features to the 2017 XUV 500.
Incredibly impressive- Mahindra is truly living the Digital age in this age of disruption. Can't wait to have my hands on this albeit slightly upset they don't yet have Apple CarPlay.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th April 2017 at 12:18. Reason: broken quote fixed
Old 19th April 2017, 19:43   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
These features will be available on all XUV500s starting from the W6 variant and up.
Would these also be available for 2016 XUV owners via a software upgrade, or does this require the entire unit to be changed?
Old 19th April 2017, 19:45   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Would these also be available for 2016 XUV owners via a software upgrade, or does this require the entire unit to be changed?
No news about this as of now. If there are no hardware changes, then this should be available in some time as an update.
PraNeel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 20:03   #1894
Senior - BHPian

The updates to the XUV is also mentioned in ET at this link http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...umbai/58260069

My friend has booked an XUV W8 Automatic and it is going for registration on Friday.
After reading this news, i am not sure if he should go ahead or wait for the new one.
Any information on whether these updates would require some upgrade on the hardware too?

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 19th April 2017, 21:05   #1895
APV
BHPian

As per my Sales advisor, the updates will also be made available for existing customers in due course. I am awaiting delivery of my purple W8 which will have these features, I was given 2 weeks time so I am hoping it will be delivered by 29th April.
Old 19th April 2017, 21:11   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APV View Post
I have booked my Purple Cheetah yesterday at CAI Coimbatore and expecting car delivery in 15 days.

Today my SA called to inform that my vehicle will have Android Auto & another couple of minor upgrades. One of them is called E-call, if I remember right, which would make calls to preconfigured help line numbers like the one in Ford Ecosport, during an emergency.
Congrats on the booking. I am considering a soft roader and have shortlisted the W8 AWD manual version. What version have you booked?

I see you are from coimbatore. How was the booking experience and did you manage to get any discounts?

Happy motoring.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 09:24   #1897
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a separate thread on android auto update. I added some more details there - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4185701

Few posts earlier on this very thread I had added some highlights of the update while it was in beta.
Old 20th April 2017, 14:36   #1898
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Congrats on the booking. I am considering a soft roader and have shortlisted the W8 AWD manual version. What version have you booked?

I see you are from coimbatore. How was the booking experience and did you manage to get any discounts?

Happy motoring.
Thank You differential

I have booked W8 FWD MT at CAI Mahindra.

I also checked out Rajshree Mahindra on 26th Jan but they did not have a display car in their showroom. I guess the showroom was opened only few days back then. Neither could they arrange a test drive on that day. At least display car was present at CAI on same day & they provided test drive few days after that.

I paid another visit to Rajshree last Saturday (15th April) but could not find parking space anywhere near their showroom & the way their security directed me to 'go find a parking space somewhere' didn't help either, never bothered visiting them.

I booked my car on Monday(18th April). Booking experience at CAI was pleasant but my invoice is yet to be made, I have paid 20K as advance. Have been promised cash discount around 35K, Exchange bonus 15K & corporate offer 10K. So far the approach is professional & I am happy with it.

PM me, if needed, I can share their executive's number.
Old 21st April 2017, 12:43   #1899

More details on the four new features added to XUV 500 from Mahindra XUV500's YouTube account.

Android Auto

Connected Apps

Ecosense

Emergency call (E-call)

Last edited by Anand_Mur : 21st April 2017 at 12:51.
Anand_Mur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 11:28   #1900
Senior - BHPian

One aspect that everyone seems to have missed on the 2017 facelift is the option to choose an all black interior - black seats and black dashboard.
From http://www.mahindraxuv500.com -

(Not able to attach the image on the mobile app, hence the link to the Mahindra website)

The catch is that this option is available only in Moondust Silver and the new Lakeside Brown shades - that too in W10 variants alone (http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/compar...?id=comp_model).

I hope they change this, make this an option in at least other colors - I'm looking to buy a Volcano Black XUV, and would have loved it if it comes with the black interior option!

Last edited by ph03n!x : 25th April 2017 at 11:29.
ph03n!x is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 16:59   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You differential

I have booked W8 FWD MT at CAI Mahindra.

I also checked out Rajshree Mahindra on 26th Jan but they did not have a display car in their showroom. I guess the showroom was opened only few days back then. Neither could they arrange a test drive on that day. At least display car was present at CAI on same day & they provided test drive few days after that.

I paid another visit to Rajshree last Saturday (15th April) but could not find parking space anywhere near their showroom & the way their security directed me to 'go find a parking space somewhere' didn't help either, never bothered visiting them.

I booked my car on Monday(18th April). Booking experience at CAI was pleasant but my invoice is yet to be made, I have paid 20K as advance. Have been promised cash discount around 35K, Exchange bonus 15K & corporate offer 10K. So far the approach is professional & I am happy with it.

PM me, if needed, I can share their executive's number.
Thanks APV,
Was out of station and did not see your reply. BTW I have booked a pearl white W8 FWD Manual today at CAI Coimbatore.

The SA incharge of my booking is Mr. Prakash. He was pleasant and reasonably well informed about the car.

I have seen a March 2017 mfd W8 in the stockyard and am happy with it.
Old 28th April 2017, 23:21   #1902
BHPian

Got delivery of my Pearl White w8 FWD Manual today.

The delivery was quick and hassle free and the car was very well presented. Drove around for some work after delivery and did about 50 km today.

First impressions:
Am actually surprised by the improvments of the new XUV since its launch.

The car is very smooth and the clutch and Gb are much much better and improved. Everything works and the car was a joy to drive in proper B2B traffic.

AC is a chiller in the 38 degree temperature today and the driving position is commanding and the ride is well sorted.

overall, very happy. Will keep updating!
differential is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 00:57   #1903
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of my Pearl White w8 FWD Manual today!
Congrats on your new car. Wish you a million kms of safe and enjoyable ownership experience.

Whenever I visit Kolkata, I drive a XUV5OO and I'm super impressed with the engine. The 2.2 L engine is very punchy and can pull the mammoth to top speed within a jiffy.
Old 29th April 2017, 17:16   #1904
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of my Pearl White w8 FWD Manual today.

The delivery was quick and hassle free and the car was very well presented. Drove around for some work after delivery and did about 50 km today.
Congrats Differential. Wish you many more happy miles

I am still awaiting my W8 purple cheetah . I was expecting delivery today (29th April) but car has not arrived & no word regarding expected delivery date but when I called the SA to follow up, he promptly said there might be a price increase due to the so called techno pack update.

Last edited by Eddy : 29th April 2017 at 23:32. Reason: Extra smiley
Old 29th April 2017, 20:50   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Differential. Wish you many more happy miles

I am still awaiting my W8 purple cheetah . I was expecting delivery today (29th April) but car has not arrived & no word regarding expected delivery date but when I called the SA to follow up, he promptly said there might be a price increase due to the so called techno pack update.

My car has been updated with the new features like eco sense, android auto. No connected apps though, mine being a w8. Apparently it's just a software update. And I was not charged extra. Hopefully the price remains the same. For the features it's really VFM.

Did a 70 km drive today. The low beam and fogs are just average. The high beam is good. Car is very smooth and the suspension handles our roads without a fuss. Only gripe is the nose dive on braking - very pronounced and a bit unsettling. Surprisingly, the gear shift and clutch action are very nice, a huge change from the first gen XUV. the TD car had a jumpy clutch. Hope mine doesn't become that way with usage.

The ICE does its job and the Bluetooth call and audio streaming are good. Voice commands do respond to our Indian accent. The ICE SQ is purely average.

AC is a chiller in almost 40 degree afternoon sun and the cabin was cooled in a jiffy. No tints and 5 people.

The beige interiors are a nightmare. Was stuck in traffic and my 2 sons decided to jump from the 2 nd to 3 rd row and tried a few somersaults. Ended with shoe prints on the ceiling!

Have opted for full Black Pvc mats and black rubber mat. So the floor is taken care of. No joy for the seats though.

Had the reverse camera fitted. No dynamic lines and steering response. Seems to do it's job.

Parents struggling to climb into the car. So might add the footstep during the first service.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks