Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2017, 13:11   #1906
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

The updated XUV500 in it's all-new Lakeside Brown colour shade and all-black interiors.

Pics courtesy GautamJ @ TAI.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-fb_img_1493360264688.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-fb_img_1493360267115.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-fb_img_1493360274688.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-fb_img_1493360271649.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 18:56   #1907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The updated XUV500 in it's all-new Lakeside Brown colour shade and all-black interiors.
Looking nice! Has anyone seen this firsthand, any difference the dashboard n interior plastic's feel or texture?

Wish this option is available in more colours- some of us are holding back for white or black with this option 😇
Old 1st May 2017, 14:12   #1908
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
My car has been updated with the new features like eco sense, android auto.
Wow that was a super mini review of your first drive. Thanks for sharing updates on the new features.

You mentioned that you bought insurance outside the showroom. Do you mind sharing the on road price, I shall try to negotiate for the same.

Last edited by APV : 1st May 2017 at 14:13. Reason: removed clap
Old 1st May 2017, 15:41   #1909
BHPian

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

I have got zero dep insurance from future generali insurance company. Cost 43000 rupees. Including cost of consumables, RSA, key loss, insurance for laptop inside car.
IDV 1500000/- .

Total discounts:
30k + Corp discount+ 15 k exchange bonus + 5000 worth free accessories.

No fancy number for registration, so booking to delivery 3 days.

250 km done and Mahindra woes have started. Both the rear number plate lights have worked loose and hanging. Called the SA and expressed my displeasure. The response has been prompt and am sending the car for rectification of the same and also to get the side step fitted. Parents find it a bit difficult to climb on to the xuv.

Hopefully the niggles stop with this. More than a niggle, it's an annoyance.

Happy motoring.

Last edited by differential : 1st May 2017 at 15:46.
differential is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2017, 14:01   #1910
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APV View Post
I am still awaiting my W8 purple cheetah . I was expecting delivery today (29th April) but car has not arrived & no word regarding expected delivery date but when I called the SA to follow up, he promptly said there might be a price increase due to the so called techno pack update.

My Frustration continues, Yesterday(5th May) SA called up to inform that they expect the car to arrive in their yard by night fall or today morning(6th May) worst case, I double checked with him & he was affirmative.

So I planned for PDI today & possible delivery on Wednesday 10th after registration. As usual could not sleep properly revised the pdi check list again in the night. Woke up & was getting ready for PDI, then I receive call around 10.30 AM, strangely from SA's team lead, who broke the news that the car has not arrived and it is expected to arrive at their yard by Monday night or Tuesday(9th May) morning - which means my plans to take delivery on 10th May goes for toss again.

This really upset me, luckily I didn't inform my kids about their possible first meet with Cheetah today as these guys were kind of playing hide & seek for the past week or so.

Forced team lead to involve the SA also in the call & gave them piece of my mind. Team lead says he will come back with another update by 4 PM today. I suspect if they transferred my allotment to another customer in hurry & made some quick bucks, not too sure about it though. I hope to be wrong in this assumption.

I am considering escalating it, unfortunately dealer website(CAI Industries CBE) does not mention of any phone number or email address of their higher ups.
Old 6th May 2017, 21:28   #1911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Frustration continues, Yesterday(5th May) SA called up to inform that they expect the car to arrive in their yard by night fall or today morning(6th May) worst case, I double checked with him & he was affirmative.

So I planned for PDI today & possible delivery on Wednesday 10th after registration. As usual could not sleep properly revised the pdi check list again in the night. Woke up & was getting ready for PDI, then I receive call around 10.30 AM, strangely from SA's team lead, who broke the news that ....
Sad to hear this. Didn't know that the pre-sales is this lousy. So many delays.

Why don't you try and tweet this to Anand Mahindra? Could just do the job who knows.
vishy76 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2017, 23:08   #1912
BHPian

[quote=vishy76;4194420]Sad to hear this. Didn't know that the pre-sales is this lousy. So many delays.

Really saddened to know . Hope you get your delivery fast.

Last edited by SX4LOVER : 6th May 2017 at 23:09. Reason: Wrong text
SX4LOVER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 14:15   #1913
BHPian

Finally after a long wait, booked the W10 AT "Lake Side Brown" colour cheetah yesterday . Now eagerly waiting for the delivery. Expected delivery time is around 1 month for this particular colour.

Update on colour and interior look & feel - I really liked the Lake Side Brown colour. It's not that dark as it looks in various pictures on this forum and internet. How can i explain, hmmm its not that dark and also not very light but in between both the shades. This colour can easily withstand the dust of 2-3 days and therefore very easy to maintain. The interior quality is same but the all black interiors looks really sporty and it is much easy to maintain as compared to dual tone (Black Beige) interior dashboard and beige colour seats.
Unfortunately i didn't click any pictures of exterior and interior. May be i was too excited for the booking . But as soon as i will get the delivery, i will post the pictures.
Ashu03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 23:51   #1914
BHPian

Am drooling over the new lakeside brown color with black interiors. Not able to make a decision if I should upgrade to a w10 at awd from my 2014 w8 fwd ��
Old 12th May 2017, 00:25   #1915
BHPian

Quote:

So I planned for PDI today & possible delivery on Wednesday 10th after registration. As usual could not sleep properly revised the pdi check list again in the night. Woke up & was getting ready for PDI, then I receive call around 10.30 AM, strangely from SA's team lead, who broke the news that the car has not arrived and it is expected to arrive at their yard by Monday night or Tuesday(9th May) morning - which means my plans to take delivery on 10th May goes for toss again.

This really upset me, luckily I didn't inform my kids about their possible first meet with Cheetah today as these guys were kind of playing hide & seek for the past week or so.

Forced team lead to involve the SA also in the call & gave them piece of my mind. Team lead says he will come back with another update by 4 PM today. I suspect if they transferred my allotment to another customer in hurry & made some quick bucks, not too sure about it though. I hope to be wrong in this assumption.

I am considering escalating it, unfortunately dealer website(CAI Industries CBE) does not mention of any phone number or email address of their higher ups.

Any updates on the delivery. It is very unfortunate to go through such hassle.
Old 13th May 2017, 12:03   #1916
BHPian

I own a W10 which is a 2015 model. There is an app button in the car but is this some sort of a vestigial option? When I click the button it says this feature is currently not available. I am sure I am missing a trick or two here as I could not find enough info on why this button exists and what it can do. Any updates I need to be done via Mahindra?

Also, the mapmyindia on the nav is quite pathetic and I often go on long drives where I end up relying on google maps. Is there any way to mirror the google maps app on the w10 from my iPhone6?
Thanks for helping this novice.
Old 13th May 2017, 13:57   #1917

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
I own a W10 which is a 2015 model.
===
Is there any way to mirror the google maps app on the w10 from my iPhone6?
Thanks for helping this novice.
You can get android auto update from service center which comes with google map in it.
Old 13th May 2017, 14:54   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anishr View Post
You can get android auto update from service center which comes with google map in it.
Android auto update would work with an iPhone?
Old 13th May 2017, 15:28   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
Android auto update would work with an iPhone?
No, you will need to have an android phone for this thing to work.

Another update on Android Auto, My cheetah went for its second service yesterday and I checked with SA for Android Auto update. Update is available for 2016 models & he said it would take around 3 hours for the update to be applied. Couldn't spare 3 additional hours and didn't want to leave vehicle with them overnight so came back & will try to get it done in next week or so.

What SA told me was that this particular update is on chargeable basis & would cost 1000 + any applicable taxes.
Old 15th May 2017, 10:54   #1920
BHPian

Ok guys. Need some suggestions.
My car came back from service station yesterday (sterling Gurgaon) .. and I found a bad scratch on the front left side .. (see pic).
I noticed it 30 mins after I got the car. Reported immediately to the advisor. Haven't got any positive response yet.
So what are my options? Technically speaking. While I will chase the SA to get this rectified, but I doubt they will repair it fully. Especially the scratch.
In the pic:
- scratch from the left to the right
- dislocated bumper. Visible because of the gap in the lining
- scratches on the silver accebt around fog light
- cracks on the silver accent. Not visible in the pic
- gaps in the silver accent where it attaches to the bumper.

Pls suggest!!
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-170515_105033.png  

Most Viewed