Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2015, 19:26   #181
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyf1 View Post
I am stuck on the decision of buying the facelift W10 AWD. My heart tells me to go for but my mind is poiting me towards the T-Fort!!Really confused.
Hi Matty. As we own a 2012 XUV500 W8, I can safely say that the XUV500 is a total package. Infact, in the original XUV500 team bhp review, I remember GTO quoting that apart from the Toyota Fortuner's interior quality, off road prowess and reliability, the XUV500 owns the Toyota Fortuner.

The only grouse we have with the XUV500 is its patchy interior quality, which tends to make weird noises randomly and a slightly crude entertainment system. The new entertainment in the facelift XUV500 (W8 & W10) is superior.
Apart from this, the XUV500 is a treat to drive thanks to the balanced chassis and that gem of an engine. I would suggest you to go for the new XUV500 W8 4WD variant as I felt that the sunroof and electric seats are not worth the W10 variant.

Make no mistake about it, I am a huge admirer of the Fortuner. Its reliability is no match for the XUV500 and its off road capabilities is well documented. But other than that the XUV500 does most things the Fortuner does at about 12 Lakh rupees less. It has better ride quality, more safety features, comfort in both city and highways and more importantly has that mHawk engine. I would suggest you to test drive both cars again and then choose wisely bearing my inputs in your mind. At the end of the day, the ultimate decision is in your hands and whatever car you opt for will make me happy.
Old 28th June 2015, 00:21   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Congrats Gaurav and wishing you the best in possessing the cheetah for years to come.
I am yet to take delivery of mine hence a few questions.
1. What kind of rear cam is MASS installing?? Is it the dynamic type as in W10 and where is it installed Bumper or Number plate garnish.
2. Is rain visor useful?? Doesn't it interfere with airflow.
3. Would be grateful if you can post pics of the accessories installed and cost.
Thanks & Regards
1.it's not the dynamic type. It's same as those used in prev gen.
2. Yeah I find it useful only when you want to open windows a couple cms on rainy day when you want fresh air from outside in rain. Helps reduce suffocation and fogging of Windows. I used them in my city extensive ly.
3. Cost
Side step new design - 11.5 k
Rear bull bar - 5.5 k
Rain visor -2 k
Body side moulding - 2 k
Rear cam - 3 k
24 k total. And got 10 %discount.
Paid 21600
Will post pics soon.
Old 28th June 2015, 06:59   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Prices of michelins have dropped further to 13.5k now.
Hi Nitin, which city? In ncr I checked with 4 dealers all quoted 15 K +
Finally one gave me 40 k for 5 Apollo apterra... And I finalised the deal by giving 35 k more for michelins(total 75 k ). Got nitrogen free as well in all 5. All tyres were March 2015 manufactured and Made in France.
Old 28th June 2015, 13:02   #184
Senior - BHPian

The price is from delhi only. I got this price two weeks back.
Old 28th June 2015, 15:58   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick_b View Post
Hi Matty. As we own a 2012 XUV500 W8, I can safely say that the XUV500 is a total package. Infact, in the original XUV500 team bhp review, I remember GTO quoting that apart from the Toyota Fortuner's interior quality, off road prowess and reliability, the XUV500 owns the Toyota Fortuner.

The only grouse we have with the XUV500 is its patchy interior quality, which tends to make weird noises randomly and a slightly crude entertainment system. The new entertainment in the facelift XUV500 (W8 & W10) is superior.
Apart from this, the XUV500 is a treat to drive thanks to the balanced chassis and that gem of an engine. I would suggest you to go for the new XUV500 W8 4WD variant as I felt that the sunroof and electric seats are not worth the W10 variant.

Make no mistake about it, I am a huge admirer of the Fortuner. Its reliability is no match for the XUV500 and its off road capabilities is well documented. But other than that the XUV500 does most things the Fortuner does at about 12 Lakh rupees less. It has better ride quality, more safety features, comfort in both city and highways and more importantly has that mHawk engine. I would suggest you to test drive both cars again and then choose wisely bearing my inputs in your mind. At the end of the day, the ultimate decision is in your hands and whatever car you opt for will make me happy.

Hi Karthik,

Saving 12 lakhs on the XUV comparing to the T-Fort is quite a lot of moolah! That is why I am more inclined towards it. I am giving my self some more time to think about both the choices. I don't even mind waiting up for the Auto version of the XUV. I would happily buy that if they introduce a AWD Auto variant. My hunt can then stop
Old 28th June 2015, 21:06   #186
BHPian

A question to all XUV owners

Given XUV is a seven seater, how do you manage the luggage of seven people on weekend/long drives/outstation trips?

I see following issues with the roof carrier:
1. The one M&M is offering blocks part of sunroof in new W10.
2. Loading, securing and unloading of luggage is difficult (tarpaulin in monsoon etc.)
3. Security of the luggage during ad-hoc highway breaks

I am impressed by new XUV but with the family of six (4+2), I find luggage capacity inadequate and that might mean the wait for New Innova and Hexa continues unless I am missing something here.
Old 28th June 2015, 22:22   #187
BHPian

The rear is a foldable and if it's 6 that you are talking about then fold one seat and you get a good amount of space.
joelchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 01:18   #188
BHPian

I will be buying a w6 and would want to go for after market alloys. I am an alloy-illeterate as such and would like to know the price of the ones offered by mahindra as an official accessory. Also what are the options available in the replacement market. What is the company specification? Heard something about 7.5 J which i am clueless about, just know that this particular specification is rarely available in the after market. Can someone shed some light pls and help me understand the pros and cons of upsizing etc. Though i would want to stick as close to company specification as possible. I hope i do make some sense here.
Old 29th June 2015, 02:23   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
And are the scratches prone to happen regularly or only when they get stuck while the windows are rolled up.
So far I got scratches only on driver side and it happened when the shade was stuck while rolling up windows. However. I'm planning to cover the magnets by small pieces of electrical tape, but wondering whether it will stick to the cloth material. If it works, I hope it will be less risky on paint. Will update soon
Maneesh.MK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 09:36   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post

Given XUV is a seven seater, how do you manage the luggage of seven people on weekend/long drives/outstation trips?
Simple answer. You don't. If you want to seat seven on a long trip, a roof carrier is your only option. With the last row of seats up, there is zero luggage space inside the vehicle. Even the "travel light" types will find it impossible to accommodate their luggage in the available space. Mind you, I said "impossible" not "difficult"!
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 15:15   #191

Just drove the XUV W10. And boy, I must say I am impressed.

Loved the look and feel of the interior. Even though the test drive vehicle had a bit of tackiness on the inside, it still felt refreshingly new despite uncanny resemblance from its predecessor. Did not toil around with the touchscreen or the sunroof. The push button start, sunroof and electric seat adjustment were really welcome changes.

The drive was impressive. Smooth and refined engine made the drive a breeze. Loved the vehicle package overall.

Only hatred towards this otherwise perfect car is its extremely ugly chrome fog lamps. Yuck.
Old 29th June 2015, 15:32   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post

Even i am in the same boat. I did some homework and this is the closest solution i could come up with.
http://www.ajantain.com/mahindra_xuv_500_accessories
The roof carrier definitely looks smaller than the OEM accessory from Mahindra so it shouldn't hamper the utility of sunroof

http://www.ctrack.in/portfolio/xuv500-carriers/
You can have a look at these too. Saw a XUV fitted with X100 and it did look slightly smaller in length than the one from Mahindra.

On a other note, for those who are looking for carriers for W4/W6/W8 can check this out as well.
http://accessories.suncardecors.com/...ggage-carrier/
IMO, doesn't spoil the look of the car (scroll down till bottom of the page to have a look at the images)
Zahoor23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 16:24   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
I might be minority here, but I do like the new front design over the previous generation. My observations from the test drive can be found here.

Couple of other observations:
  • I test drove at two different dealership and each car had nice gearbox, found it much better than my colleague's 2014 XUV. Sloted beautifully into 1st and reverse. There's was a touch of notchiness though.
  • The dealers do a bad job of polishing the dashboard. The uneven polish makes the dashboard look tacky and center console a fingerprint magnet. Just clean the polish off and the dashboard and center console would look much better and resist finger prints.

I have booked a white W10 AWD, should get it in couple of weeks.

Congrats Sumit. The newage XUV 500 definitely sounds like a winner. May I ask what is the OTR price for the W10 AWD?
Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 19:37   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneesh.MK View Post
I would really recommend a mat here too

Attachment 1386445
As promised, here is the pic of the Nomad mat on the area between 2nd row and 3rd row.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-wp_20150627_08_54_05_pro.jpg
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 21:01   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Even i am in the same boat. I did some homework and this is the closest solution i could come up with.
http://www.ctrack.in/portfolio/xuv500-carriers/
You can have a look at these too. Saw a XUV fitted with X100 and it did look slightly smaller in length than the one from Mahindra.
Checked up the ctrack roof carrier. The product definitely seems a worthy buy. Out of curiosity I went through the FAQs, The last one says that it may interfere with Curtain airbags, hence W8 & W10 users can forget it. Also one more query if the air filled columns rest on the roof won't they rub against the roof and cause paint damage. I am a bit skeptical about its utility.
Any comments

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks