Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2017, 18:54   #1966
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
With the new upgrade mentioned below, i would suggest you to wait a little. Not sure hybrid/electric one would be coming soon, not this year atleast.
Does anybody know when the new more powerful XUV500 170BHP model will be available for booking ?
Old 28th June 2017, 22:12   #1967
BHPian

That's a million dollar question as I am on the lookout for this for a while. I guess there may be a slight bump in price and features with the mid cycle refresh.
Old 28th June 2017, 23:46   #1968
BHPian

Meanwhile, I am waiting for the spares of the "all black" interiors to hit the spares store. Plan to change the door panels, A & B pillar panels and the rubber headings to black.

Anyone on the lookout for "well maintained" spares in beige colour, You know where to look

Last edited by Travelator : 28th June 2017 at 23:49.
Old 4th July 2017, 01:07   #1969

A quick question for the fellow Cheetah Owners... Does the Radio switch on by default after ignition and is there a way we can keep it in 'Switched off' or 'Bluetooth' mode. This is very irritating every time you start the car . I asked the same question to the Demo guy and he acknowledged that the radio is on a default mode.
Also the volume resets to loud mode even if the volume was low or mute when the ignition was switched off
Old 4th July 2017, 13:13   #1970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishchatterjee View Post
A quick question for the fellow Cheetah Owners... Does the Radio switch on by default after ignition and is there a way we can keep it in 'Switched off' or 'Bluetooth' mode. This is very irritating every time you start the car . I asked the same question to the Demo guy and he acknowledged that the radio is on a default mode.
Also the volume resets to loud mode even if the volume was low or mute when the ignition was switched off
As far as i have noticed in my XUV, it starts with the last setting i had before switching it off. For e.g. if i was listening to Bluetooth previous day, then its starts from same source. Also the volume level is same.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 16:39   #1971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishchatterjee View Post
Yes, same as nitin, in my W6 (Feb, 2016) also. Picks up from where it was left during the last ignition cycle - last source, last volume and last location of the song that was playing from CD/USB.
9tMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 22:00   #1972
BHPian

I write this with a heavy heart.
My Xuv met a small accident inside my colony. Mr brother was driving and a bike coming from wrong side hit the car damaging right side including some suspension parts. Tyre moved 2-3 inches backwards. Currently the car is at Sterling Mahindra, Gurgaon and insurance has been claimed.
Luckily the biker was not seriously injured, his helmet saved his head.

Any special thing I need to take care of since some suspension component is also damaged?
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img20170705wa0009.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img20170705wa0007.jpg  

Old 6th July 2017, 22:10   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
Any special thing I need to take care of since some suspension component is also damaged?
Check if there is any damage to the front apron.
If it has, I have heard that it is better to get it replaced than repaired.
Similar thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...placement.html
starter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 06:53   #1974
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My Xuv met a small accident inside my colony. .. Tyre moved 2-3 inches backwards. ....

Please get it done through insurance. That way you can be sure that every impacted part is taken cared of and there are no compromises with the work done (repair v/s replace).

Please check if your windshield spray is working. That motor is also inside the bumper where you have taken a hit.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 14:26   #1975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Xuv met a small accident inside my colony. Mr brother was driving and a bike coming from wrong side hit the car damaging right side including some suspension parts. Tyre moved 2-3 inches backwards. Currently the car is at Sterling Mahindra, Gurgaon and insurance has been claimed.
Luckily the biker was not seriously injured, his helmet saved his head.

Just curious, how fast was the biker? Impact seems pretty strong since the suspension components have bent as well.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 14:58   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Check if there is any damage to the front apron.
If it has, I have heard that it is better to get it replaced than repaired.
There is no damage to the front apron. Only arm and tie have been damaged apart from bumper, headlight, fender and bonnet.
Further they are checking if there is any other part damage in the engine compartment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Please get it done through insurance. That way you can be sure that every impacted part is taken cared of and there are no compromises with the work done (repair v/s replace).

Please check if your windshield spray is working. That motor is also inside the bumper where you have taken a hit.
Yes I am getting it done through insurance. Windshield spray holder is damaged and same will be replaced.
Also I have asked the service adviser to check and replace any part on which there is even an iota of doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Just curious, how fast was the biker? Impact seems pretty strong since the suspension components have bent as well.
Not too sure about speed of the bike but it was around 30-35 kmph and speed of my car was about 40 kmph
Old 7th July 2017, 16:58   #1977
BHPian

Any comments on the new pricing released by Mahindra Y'day for XUV, seems like prices dropped by 40-45k (on road price) when i check it for Pune as locatioon compared to pre-GST.

Sahayadri Motors representative is yet to confirm the final on road price as he is waiting for Road Tax & Insurance amounts which are also undergoing revision. Advantage with GST for Pune is that LBT (Local body tax) will not be levied any more which is further reduction of another 40-45k

http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/buyers....aspx?id=price
Old 7th July 2017, 19:13   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaygk77 View Post
Any comments on the new pricing released by Mahindra Y'day for XUV, seems like prices dropped by 40-45k (on road price) when i check it for Pune as locatioon compared to pre-GST.

Sahayadri Motors representative is yet to confirm the final on road price as he is waiting for Road Tax & Insurance amounts which are also undergoing revision. Advantage with GST for Pune is that LBT (Local body tax) will not be levied any more which is further reduction of another 40-45k

http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/buyers....aspx?id=price
The post GST prices for the following in Goa ex showroom:
XUV500 w6AT: 1427800~
creta SX+ AT: 1407000~
Hexa XMA: 139000~

The price difference in Goa for each vis pre GST is as follows:
XUV500 w6AT: 90k~
creta SX+ AT: 50k~
Hexa XMA: 1.25 lakh~

Looking at these figures , it seems that the hexa XMA is the best bet after GST but the devil is in the details.
The Hexa XMA misses alot of basic feature that are impossible to fit aftermarket. The creta makes sense only for those who need a compact crossover and love hyundai or hate tata/mahindra. Among the three, the creta makes the least sense price wise.

So based on this we have decided to go for the W6 Auto model, which has all the basic features even though its about 40k extra as compared to the hexa, just waiting to sell our diesel ciaz and then book.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 14:10   #1979

Two days back, My W10 AT FWD with engine start-stop button created a weird problem.
The ignition didn't go off even after putting the gear lever to parking mode. I was baffled, wondering what is happening. I pressed the button 2-3 times, then finally it went off, but it got into one hour mode & despite trying for around half an hour I have to put my vehicle in that mode only. When I got out of the vehicle, it started beeping like when in ignition start we take out the key outside the vehicle. Even vehicle couldn't be getting central locked. So I had to use a manual key given & the display was on the whole night. The next day I took it to the showroom. I will get it in a few days.
Why I am raising this issue here is I want to know if anyone else encountered such problem?? Is this a negative of start, stop buttons coming nowadays in vehicles??
Old 11th July 2017, 16:01   #1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagils View Post
Two days back, My W10 AT FWD with engine start-stop button created a weird problem.
The ignition didn't go off even after putting the gear lever to parking mode. I was baffled, wondering what is happening. I pressed the button 2-3 times, then finally it went off, but it got into one hour mode & despite trying for around half an hour I have to put my vehicle in that mode only. When I got out of the vehicle, it started beeping like when in ignition start we take out the key outside the vehicle. Even vehicle couldn't be getting central locked. So I had to use a manual key given & the display was on the whole night. The next day I took it to the showroom. I will get it in a few days.
Why I am raising this issue here is I want to know if anyone else encountered such problem?? Is this a negative of start, stop buttons coming nowadays in vehicles??
I too faced exactly the same issue about a year ago with my 2015 W10-AWD and there was absolutely no way to completely turn it off using the start-stop button. I had to disconnect the battery terminals and manually lock the doors to park it overnight. After diagnosis it was found that a rat had bitten off a wire inside the cabin (can you beat it?) . I got the wiring fixed and got a rat mesh installed at the vents below the windshield. I'm not sure whether the newer models have this mesh pre-installed, because this is the only possible opening where the rats can enter the cabin after gaining access from the bonnet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks