Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 10:15   #2056
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Hello Guys,
Needed some advice from you all- I have booked a W10 AT which is due for delivery on 6th October 2017. I went for a Pre-delivery inspection to their Bhiwandi (Mumbai) plant last week. All seemed okay except that the disc brakes looked completely rusty? They person there said that since the car is new it is normal. Any thoughts on this?
Old 4th October 2017, 10:39   #2057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
Hello Guys,
Needed some advice from you all- I have booked a W10 AT which is due for delivery on 6th October 2017. I went for a Pre-delivery inspection to their Bhiwandi (Mumbai) plant last week. All seemed okay except that the disc brakes looked completely rusty? They person there said that since the car is new it is normal. Any thoughts on this?
Hi, The brake rotors are made of iron so they start developing rust when they sit in wet conditions. Once you would start driving, it would go away immediately upon braking IMO. This appears perfectly normal to me.

Cheers!

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th October 2017 at 10:40. Reason: Properly formatted the post. Thanks
iabhishekkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 15:34   #2058
Senior - BHPian

2017 Mahindra XUV500 W9 launched at Rs 15.45 lakh

Quote:
The new W9 trim of the Mahindra XUV500 gets an electric sunroof and the 7.0-inch infotainment system.
Quote:
Mahindra has added a new variant to its XUV500 line-up, the high-spec W9 variant, starting at Rs 15.45 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the manual transmission version. The W9 variant is available with the same 2.2-litre diesel engine, automatic and manual transmissions and optional all-wheel-drive
Quote:
Unlike the top-spec W10 trim, the XUV500 W9 misses out on the Connected Apps feature (which includes Ecosense).
Source
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 16:01   #2059
BHPian

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

I think there is a confusion regarding the ecosense feature. The top paragraph mentions it while the last one says it's omitted.
This is the quote from Autocar India. "The new variant comes with a host of features including the electric sunroof with anti-pinch, 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, a reverse camera, Ecosense Technology that keeps a log of your driving style, emergency call, static bending headlamp, dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP with rollover mitigation, push-button start, passive keyless entry and tyre-tronics that monitors the tyres.

Unlike the top-spec W10 trim, the XUV500 W9 misses out on the Connected Apps feature (which includes Ecosense)."
The only differentiator I see between W9 and W10 are the extra airbags. I think Mahindra will launch the W10 variant with 170bhp soon. Keeping fingers crossed as I am seriously considering buying a XUV500 real soon.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 4th October 2017 at 16:03.
Old 4th October 2017, 16:03   #2060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
2017 Mahindra XUV500 W9 launched at Rs 15.45 lakh
Is the new W9 model missing out on the ICE apps only, as quoted above? I remember reading somewhere the W10 was 16.5 lakh INR, ex-showroom. The new model is about a lakh cheaper which is more than the cost of the apps.

If so, is it a soft price-cut to compete with the new rival(s) in the market?
Old 4th October 2017, 16:41   #2061
BHPian

So XUV5OO W9 replaces W8 and W8 has been discontinued.

For comparing the models kindly go through the site.

www.mahindraxuv500.com
Old 4th October 2017, 17:32   #2062
Distinguished - BHPian

The new variant is being discussed in a separate thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-45-lakhs.html

Mahindra has taken a regressive step by discontinuing the safety feature rich W8 and giving a bling feature rich W9. They're also following footsteps of all others.
Old 13th October 2017, 20:26   #2063
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
I think there is a confusion regarding the ecosense feature. The top paragraph mentions it while the last one says it's omitted.
This is the quote from Autocar India. "The new variant comes with a host of features including the electric sunroof with anti-pinch, 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, a reverse camera, Ecosense Technology that keeps a log of your driving style, emergency call, static bending headlamp, dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP with rollover mitigation, push-button start, passive keyless entry and tyre-tronics that monitors the tyres.

Unlike the top-spec W10 trim, the XUV500 W9 misses out on the Connected Apps feature (which includes Ecosense)."
The only differentiator I see between W9 and W10 are the extra airbags. I think Mahindra will launch the W10 variant with 170bhp soon. Keeping fingers crossed as I am seriously considering buying a XUV500 real soon.
W9 & W6 Manual transmission variants has Ecosense feature. The connected app feature us available only in W10 variant.
Old 17th October 2017, 11:06   #2064
BHPian

Does anyone come across a retractable trunk cover like below one for XUV 5OO?

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-retractablecover.jpeg
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 21:28   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Does anyone come across a retractable trunk cover like below one for XUV 5OO?

Attachment 1686550
I have been looking for something similar. Would be great if someone can throw some light. Thanks in advance...
Old 25th October 2017, 10:15   #2066
BHPian

Hi, My XUV has completed 52k km in about 3 yrs. I recently got a call from my dealer for servicing the car. I told him that the car has run 52k and the last servicing was done at 42k. He said, then there is no need to send now,next service will be at 60k.
But when I checked in the manual the service interval is 10k. What should I do, there is no problem as such in the car. Will the warranty be intact if I do not send the vehicle now.
Old 25th October 2017, 10:23   #2067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Hi, My XUV has completed 52k km in about 3 yrs. I recently got a call from my dealer for servicing the car. I told him that the car has run 52k and the last servicing was done at 42k. He said, then there is no need to send now,next service will be at 60k.
But when I checked in the manual the service interval is 10k. What should I do, there is no problem as such in the car. Will the warranty be intact if I do not send the vehicle now.
if all your services have so far been done at MASS and are as per the service schedule, it makes sense to get the servicing done. If nothing else, air filters and oil should be attended to every 10k given our extreme weather conditions. No point losing out on warranty, because if you dont stick to service schedule, you will void your warranty.
Old 29th October 2017, 14:24   #2068
BHPian

Hi Friends

I am facing a small issue with the rear camera. The view has become very hazy/blurry and I am unable to see anything clearly. Have tried cleaning the outside of the lens but it has not resolved the issue till now. Mine is a W6 2016 model with camera fitted in bumper at the time of delivery. Is there anyway to open the camera and clean the inner lens?

Regards
Munish
Old 29th October 2017, 22:28   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mun1shk View Post
Hi Friends

I am facing a small issue with the rear camera. The view has become very hazy/blurry and I am unable to see anything clearly. Have tried cleaning the outside of the lens but it has not resolved the issue till now. Mine is a W6 2016 model with camera fitted in bumper at the time of delivery. Is there anyway to open the camera and clean the inner lens?

Regards
Munish
I think water has seeped inside the camera during the rain, try drying it with a hair dryer by directing it on the camera, but if water has seeped in this issue will reoccur again during rains.

Best option is to check and replace.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 12:40   #2070
BHPian

Hi Friends

My XUV 500 W6 Jan 2016 model, just completed 20K and I gave it for 3rd free service earlier today. I was made aware there is a recall for Door Grease and Foam padding insert/adjustment (didnt get that correctly) apparently this is not a public recall and only at the time of servicing. After further inquiry the service adviser informed this is being done due to:
1. With efforts needed to close XUV doors the thud has caused slight rattling, misalignment in windows glass. Etc...
2. Complaints on door not being able to be opened from insights in few cases.

I hadn't experienced either of these but had started to feel additional effort needed to get the doors closed by my aged parents or 6 year old boy.

Any of you got this recall? any additional insight anyone can share?

Thanks!
Arun
arun.kulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks