Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2015, 21:53   #196
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Congrats Sumit. The newage XUV 500 definitely sounds like a winner. May I ask what is the OTR price for the W10 AWD?
Thanks
Here's the breakup for MH46 registration:
Ex Showroom: 15,85,407
Insurance (Zero dep): 36,679
Depo Charges: 3,700

Total: 18,19,025

Extended Warranty: 21,600
sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 22:23   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Here's the breakup for MH46 registration:
Ex Showroom: 15,85,407
Insurance (Zero dep): 36,679
Depo Charges: 3,700

Total: 18,19,025

Extended Warranty: 21,600
Thank you Sumit. This is quite a good rate in Mumbai. Here in Bangalore it's more by atleast a lac. Congratsagain and wish you many years of mile ccrunchin.
Old 29th June 2015, 22:28   #198
BHPian

Had been to the yard for doing a comprehensive PDI of my Cheetah before registration.

Some snaps from the PDI:

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-xuv-1.png

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-xuv-2.png

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-xuv-3.png

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-xuv-4.png

When I reached the yard the Engineers were carrying out their PDI and had taken the Cheetah out on a test drive. Once they were finished I began. The folks were kind enough to let me take my time. They invited me to test drive the vehicle as well. The yard was essentially an open field and the rains had created some slush, got to engage AWD

Cheetah is June born. Should be able to get it home by Thursday

Last edited by sumithb : 29th June 2015 at 22:43. Reason: Added birth month
sumithb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 22:58   #199
BHPian

Congrats @sumithb, this new shade of white does look quite elegant. Guys, even I booked my xuv500 W6 today. If everything goes well, I will get my new ride by the end of first week of july. Thanks everybody for the wonderful inputs.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 23:37   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Checked up the ctrack roof carrier. The product definitely seems a worthy buy. Out of curiosity I went through the FAQs, The last one says that it may interfere with Curtain airbags, hence W8 & W10 users can forget it. Also one more query if the air filled columns rest on the roof won't they rub against the roof and cause paint damage. I am a bit skeptical about its utility.
Any comments
You can have a look at this also
http://www.kumarsalesindia.com/Acces...px?CatID=3&M=C

Curious to know how would it interfere with curtain airbags

My 2 cents: avoid the handirack inflatable ones as they have a max. load capacity of 80 kgs and need frequent adjustments from time to time. Though the conventional carriers are time consuming to install & remove, its no rocket science & you can have a peaceful journey for thousands of kms provided they are covered with tarpaulin and are fastened properly.

Quote:
Had been to the yard for doing a comprehensive PDI of my Cheetah before registration.
Congratulations Sumithb,

White Cheetah looks so beautiful & elegant in the new avatar. Happy mile-munching Waiting for your initial ownership experience. What are the add-ons/ accessories are you planning for the cheetah, if any ?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd July 2015 at 16:29. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Smileys = 2 per post.
Zahoor23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 08:19   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Congratulations Sumithb,

White Cheetah looks so beautiful & elegant in the new avatar. Happy mile-munching Waiting for your initial ownership experience. What are the add-ons/ accessories are you planning for the cheetah, if any ?
I am getting Mats and Anti-rust coating free from the dealership. Am thinking of getting 3M Protection Film done on four corners of the bumpers and OVRM. Nothing else, the Cheetah comes fully loaded
Old 30th June 2015, 11:47   #202
BHPian

Quote:
You can have a look at this also
http://www.kumarsalesindia.com/Acces...px?CatID=3&M=C

Curious to know how would it interfere with curtain airbags

My 2 cents: avoid the handirack inflatable ones as they have a max. load capacity of 80 kgs and need frequent adjustments from time to time. Though the conventional carriers are time consuming to install & remove, its no rocket science & you can have a peaceful journey for thousands of kms provided they are covered with tarpaulin and are fastened properly.
IMHO the inflatable ones whose FAQ I read, must be having some kinda belt running from one side to the other from both front and rear doors and would definitely interfere with the curtain airbags. The sleek ones shown at Sun autos web page look cool and I may go for it after checking in person.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 11:49   #203
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting Mats and Anti-rust coating free from the dealership. Am thinking of getting 3M Protection Film done on four corners of the bumpers and OVRM. Nothing else, the Cheetah comes fully loaded
Please share the cost and area size for 3M ppf.
Old 30th June 2015, 12:23   #204
BHPian

Quote:
I had enquired about PPF in 3M Bangalore and the manager mentioned that they had briefly stopped applying PPF for white coloured cars as they got the feedback that white was turning into slightly yellowish colour after 2 years of repetitive application. Please re-confirm this with your 3M dealer before opting for it.
PS: this is only as far as Paint Protection Film is concerned, not for any other sealants/products.
Zahoor23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 12:28   #205
BHPian

Quote:
I had enquired about PPF in 3M Bangalore and the manager mentioned that they had briefly stopped applying PPF for white coloured cars as they got the feedback that white was turning into slightly yellowish colour after 2 years of repetitive application. Please re-confirm this with your 3M dealer before opting for it.
PS: this is only as far as Paint Protection Film is concerned, not for any other sealants/products.
By any chance would you be knowing the price of the same? Also how much area would it be, if we Cover all of the front and back bumpers?
Old 30th June 2015, 13:54   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
I will be buying a w6 and would want to go for after market alloys. I am an alloy-illeterate as such and would like to know the price of the ones offered by mahindra as an official accessory..
The SA at Shiva Motors Patpatganj quoted a price of 9500 per alloy for the silver speed rims.

Quote:
Heard something about 7.5 J which i am clueless about, just know that this particular specification is rarely available in the after market. Can someone shed some light pls and help me understand the pros and cons of upsizing etc.
AFAIK aftermarket alloys will have a different/negative offset from the OE alloys which means the alloys/tyres will stick out from the wheel arches. This can lead to the tyres rubbing against the arches when the car is loaded or goes over a pothole. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Cheetah is June born. Should be able to get it home by Thursday
Congrats Sumithb ! The white shade looks great, looking forward to an ownership thread.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 30th June 2015 at 13:55.
Old 30th June 2015, 14:03   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
IMHO the inflatable ones whose FAQ I read, must be having some kinda belt running from one side to the other from both front and rear doors and would definitely interfere with the curtain airbags. The sleek ones shown at Sun autos web page look cool and I may go for it after checking in person.
Since the curtain airbags are located on the A & B pillar and the belts tied will almost be sticked to the roof, it should not affect the deployment of airbags. Also my 2 cents Mahindra would have definitely thought about it before providing it as an accessory.

Quote:
By any chance would you be knowing the price of the same? Also how much area would it be, if we Cover all of the front and back bumpers?
I was quoted an amount of 23584/- for front bumper, rear bumper and the bonnet area. It was priced at 536/- per sq ft and the total area was around 44 sq ft.

Well I am planning for the front and rear bumpers in couple of months.

Last edited by fusionbang : 30th June 2015 at 14:10.
Old 30th June 2015, 14:12   #208
BHPian

A quick question. Do we receive any email confirmation from Mahindra after booking XUV? I have booked the car two weeks ago and SA mentioned that car is in transit but didn't receive any email or SMS from Mahindra.

Could anyone who booked the XUV confirm?

Thanks.
Old 30th June 2015, 14:36   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
A quick question. Do we receive any email confirmation from Mahindra after booking XUV? I have booked the car two weeks ago and SA mentioned that car is in transit but didn't receive any email or SMS from Mahindra.

Could anyone who booked the XUV confirm?

Thanks.
Yes you should receive an email once the booking is confirmed from both dealer as well as Mahindra. I received an email from both the dealer as well as Mahindra (customer.relation@ecommunication-mahindra.com), the next day after my booking probably after the dealer made an entry in the system. Visit your dealer and check if the entry has been made or not.

Sorry I am not able to post a snapshot of the same, as I am in office. Will do it in the evening.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 15:33   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Please share the cost and area size for 3M ppf.
Quote:
Just got off the phone with my local 3M guy. He recommended not doing it for white color as it would turn slight yellowish after couple of years
sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed