Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 28th March 2018, 22:47   #2101
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

^^And why not physically inspect the brake pad’s thickness and then come to a conclusion?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2018, 12:22   #2102

Hi Guys,

Need some urgent help on Xuv seat support. Somehow I feel I am the only one who doesn't like XUV seats . I bought XUV Automatic in June 2017 and after 2 months of driving, I started having lower back pain. In past 10 months, I tried every seating position but the issue remains the same (Bad lower back pain). My daily run is around 100 KMs but I never had this issue while driving Ford Ecosport.

Can you please suggest good lower back support accessory for XUV seats. I need this on urgent basis.
Ashu03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2018, 20:03   #2103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post
Hi Guys,

Need some urgent help on Xuv seat support. Somehow I feel I am the only one who doesn't like XUV seats . I bought XUV Automatic in June 2017 and after 2 months of driving, I started having lower back pain. In past 10 months, I tried every seating position but the issue remains the same (Bad lower back pain). My daily run is around 100 KMs but I never had this issue while driving Ford Ecosport.

Can you please suggest good lower back support accessory for XUV seats. I need this on urgent basis.
Did you try to adjust the lumbar support? I am sure that will definitely help for you lower back. I have found the XUV seats to be comfortable of all the cars driven.

If still the lumbar support does not help you, you might have to try an additional cushion for your lower back.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2018, 17:22   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand_Mur View Post
Good day bhpians.
My car has just clocked 20,000kms and was taken for the 3rd free service. The service advisor says front disk pads have to be replaced, they would further last for just 500-1000 kms. But I don't feel any difference in braking so far, it's completely perfect. How can I verify this?

At what km intervals have you got your brake pads replaced for XUV 500 and what are the costs involved? I understand they depend on driving and braking of each individual, but would like to know your experience in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
^^And why not physically inspect the brake padís thickness and then come to a conclusion?
I absolutely agree with Sheel. During the 30K service of my TUV3OO my SA called me and informed me that the brake pads are worn out and need to be replaced. Now my driving style is such that I am very gentle on the brakes and no way they can wear off so early. Hence I asked him one simple question, "Can you please tell me what is the thickness of the brake pads?". Pat came the reply, Sir I will check and get back to you. He calls me back in another 10 mins and informs me that there is still some life and I can get it changed at the 40K service

Usually if the brakepad thickness is 10 mm or more, then there is still life left in them and no need of changing. However there is also a risk of getting scoring marks on the brake disk if there is hardly any braking material left on the brake pads.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 08:52   #2105
BHPian

Have you seen the twitter handle @teknet_mm ? Lot of information on Mahindra cars including videos.
spkingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 22:31   #2106

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Suggest not to fall for that trap until you feel the braking is impacted and there is screeching sound when you brake. This is a normal tendency by Service advisors to inform customers to change brake pads at 20k service. I know people who have used upto 40k depending on their driving style.

Also XUV has the brake pad sensor which indicates when it is out of life, utilize that and don't become a prey to your SA.
I was made to change my brake pad @ 10k service. the SA said since mine is an automatic this is normal. But then indeed i was getting the screeching feel whenever i was braking at speed in excess of 80 kmph
krishchatterjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2018, 01:18   #2107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishchatterjee View Post
I was made to change my brake pad @ 10k service. the SA said since mine is an automatic this is normal. But then indeed i was getting the screeching feel whenever i was braking at speed in excess of 80 kmph
10K is too early for a car, be it an automatic or manual. Until you are too harsh driver with abrupt braking and burning rubber, it never wear out so early.

Did you get a chance to look at the break pads? Screeching sound could also be because of sand particles accumulated between brake pads. Cleaning should have taken care of that issue.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2018, 07:12   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
That is way to early for brake pads to be replaced. I guess my front brake pads were changed around 40-45K kms and rear were changed after that. Though mine is a manual W8 but still how big of a differnce can it make?

My cousin has a AT Fortuner and his brakes lasted for about 35-40k as well. Did you check the brake pads?
Singh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2018, 13:36   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
10K is way too early. These screeching sounds are common in XUV from day one. Every other day someone or the other reports it. Some people were lucky enough that it got rectified for them, some weren't that lucky. Next time wait till you get a warning on your screen, if you cant yourself check it out.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2018, 14:13   #2110
BHPian

Quote:
This is just a rip off. If it has to be done at 10K then its a manufacturing issue and ask for warranty. You can raise this with Mahindra to confirm if they believe its normal.

XUV brakes have a sensor which gets triggered when pads get too thin. I told my service advisor I will change only when that gets triggered. Currently at 25K km and ok for now.
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 10:13   #2111
BHPian

might help the owners of an issue....

my FWD W8, close to 5 years, extended warranty expiring in October 2018 had a "clunk" sound for sometime from the front passenger side, especially when there is heavy torque load and lowering a gear i.e., from 3rd to 2nd, remove the clutch quickly and the sound comes ! I wanted to do a thorough check and Zulaika Motors Chennai did a good road test and we were able to replicate that sound. Steps taken by Zulaika to eliminate the problem
  • Started with torquing all the nuts and bolts in the front, did a test, forward, reverse mutiple times - sound still there
  • Then they started checking the CV axles/shafts/joints and at one point arrived at a conclusion that this part is creating a problem, replaced that assembly, test drove, same process, sound still there
  • Then they located that it was the Transmission mount, replaced and the sound was gone
Due to the above re-torquing, change of mount, now the car is like from the factory and I appreciate Zulaika's detailed test in this matter. Car was given the morning, i waited till lunch and came back home, they dropped the car back on the evening.

Good work Mahindra, touchwood, so far, i have had wonderful experience with them.

Part was changed under warranty and zero bill.

Thought of sharing and documenting this.

A sample image of my car
Name:  xuv.jpg
Views: 3281
Size:  63.7 KB

Swami

Last edited by swami69 : 17th April 2018 at 10:14.
swami69 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2018, 11:52   #2112
BHPian

https://www.mahindraxuv500.com/webca...ontent=emailer

Launch of new/updated model of XUV500
udaygk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2018, 12:15   #2113
BHPian

New XUV Model prices @ Mumbai
W5 ==> 12.32 L
W7 ==> 13.5
W9 ==> 15.23
W11 ==> 16.43
Petrol 15.43 L
udaygk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2018, 16:18   #2114

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask. I looked at the new W11 at one of the dealer showrooms today and I liked it very much. I would like to go ahead with it, can owners in this forum who are Bangalore based please suggest which dealership is the best in terms of service and customer engagement - Shireesh Auto, Anant Cars or India Garage ? This will be my first purchase of Mahindra.

Thanks
kbiswal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2018, 17:44   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiswal View Post
I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask. I looked at the new W11 at one of the dealer showrooms today and I liked it very much. I would like to go ahead with it, can owners in this forum who are Bangalore based please suggest which dealership is the best in terms of service and customer engagement - Shireesh Auto, Anant Cars or India Garage ? This will be my first purchase of Mahindra.

Thanks
Hello Sir,

We bought an XUV from Anant cars last year. Had an excellent experience with them. Customer engagement was great! Till date, service has been good, the car has been picked up and dropped home on time always and experience at the service centres has been decent.

We even tried through other dealers, but Anant cars seemed to be the best, both in delivery and service.

Prathik
Prathiiik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote