Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 18:44   #2176
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
Do you have any resolution for this now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
Update from Mahindra. There is some good news and not-so-good news.

The good news is that the high beams can be adjusted. But the not-so-good news is that it cannot be done while driving, but can be done only by opening the bonnet. What an unfriendly design!
Hello dicor, yes, there is a way to align the high beams. I have detailed the procedure in my quoted post. You can do it yourselves with a star screw driver after opening the bonnet.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 21:26   #2177

Hello,

Looking for suggestions to rectify an AC compressor noise in a 2013 XUV5OO in Bangalore.

The Mahindra service guys are asking to get the entire compressor replaced for around 35K. Kindly suggest a reliable freelance mechanic who can help with this issue.

Thank you.
Old 23rd August 2021, 20:32   #2178
Senior - BHPian

Folks, just curious. I have a first generation XUV500 which has been ageing very well and I have no need to change. Only thing that I probably miss vs newer generation of cars is mostly Android auto. Is it possible to swap the newer HU of 2nd gen XUV in the older one? I am assuming the entire center console unit would have to be changed. thoughts?
Old 23rd August 2021, 22:58   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, just curious. I have a first generation XUV500 which has been ageing very well and I have no need to change. Only thing that I probably miss vs newer generation of cars is mostly Android auto. Is it possible to swap the newer HU of 2nd gen XUV in the older one? I am assuming the entire center console unit would have to be changed. thoughts?
I think only the silver box will need to be changed - this is also pretty expensive (about 60k)
mtnrajdeep is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 14:22   #2180
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I am getting a slight whine/drone kind of sound from the engine which is more audible at idling or lower RPM. Some kind of bearing sound maybe. Car has done about 42K km, any known issues that can pop up? Sound has been consistent for few months and not increasing in intensity either.
Old 18th October 2021, 14:24   #2181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I am getting a slight whine/drone kind of sound from the engine which is more audible at idling or lower RPM.
Any power loss noticed?

Also, is there any relation to AC (compressor) that you noticed?
Old 18th October 2021, 14:28   #2182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Any power loss noticed?

Also, is there any relation to AC (compressor) that you noticed?
Sound comes without AC as well. Usually heard more inside the cabin cause normally after engine warms up at low rpms engine is not audible inside while driving, but this sound filters into the cabin.

Power loss also I havnt felt. I am suspecting bearings from one of the pulleys running on the belt. Havnt shown to my trusted FNG yet.
Old 29th November 2021, 11:32   #2183
Senior - BHPian

Folks, recommendations on highway tires for XUV500? Michelins not being imported any more.
Old 29th November 2021, 11:44   #2184
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, recommendations on highway tires for XUV500? Michelins not being imported any more.
Yokohama Geolanders are quite good, my XUV is running on them from day one. Earlier my Bolero and Scorpio were running on the same tires. Never faced single problem till date on any of the aforesaid cars.

The tires on my scorpio lasted for 68k kms with regular maintenance (balancing and alignment)

Last edited by 2500cc : 29th November 2021 at 11:48.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 12:07   #2185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Yokohama Geolanders are quite good, my XUV is running on them from day one. Earlier my Bolero and Scorpio were running on the same tires. Never faced single problem till date on any of the aforesaid cars.

The tires on my scorpio lasted for 68k kms with regular maintenance (balancing and alignment)
Yoko Geolanders do seem to be the most fav choice but they are AT tires and given that 99% of my driving is city and highways does it make sense to go for these on FWD XUV? My presumption is that AT tires would have higher tire noise vs a highway tuned tire. How's your experience of the noise?
Old 29th November 2021, 12:19   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Yoko Geolanders do seem to be the most fav choice but they are AT tires and given that 99% of my driving is city and highways does it make sense to go for these on FWD XUV? My presumption is that AT tires would have higher tire noise vs a highway tuned tire. How's your experience of the noise?
I have Polo TDi running on michelin tires, in-terms of noise michelins are definitely quite compared to Yokohamas (I know this is not apple-to-apple comparison).

For illustration purpose: If michelin is 100% quite, yokohamas are between 75-80%. Considering the fact that XUV is heavier vehicle, I'll choose yokohamas because I feel they are more sturdier.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 10:20   #2187
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I am getting a slight whine/drone kind of sound from the engine which is more audible at idling or lower RPM. Some kind of bearing sound maybe. Car has done about 42K km, any known issues that can pop up? Sound has been consistent for few months and not increasing in intensity either.
I am facing a similar sound. Mine has run 82K and I am hearing this for the past 1k kms. The one I am hearing is "similar" to the sound of the motor which would open the OVRM when key is inserted. I had a check with my service engineer (ex-Mahindra) over phone and he said it might be modulator. I am not sure whether he was able to completely understand the sound, based on my explanation I didn't notice any issue in the vehicle till now. Would be taking it for repair after 15th. So have to check then.
karthikshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 11:53   #2188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikshan View Post
I am facing a similar sound. Mine has run 82K and I am hearing this for the past 1k kms. The one I am hearing is "similar" to the sound of the motor which would open the OVRM when key is inserted. I had a check with my service engineer (ex-Mahindra) over phone and he said it might be modulator. I am not sure whether he was able to completely understand the sound, based on my explanation I didn't notice any issue in the vehicle till now. Would be taking it for repair after 15th. So have to check then.
I recently got my car serviced from my trusted FNG. He opened the belt and checked the bearing of all the moving parts including pullerys, alternator etc but couldnt root cause it to any of the rotating parts. He felt maybe its belt sound but didnt replace since belt has life in it. Post that I also did a 650km road trip and the sound is pretty much the same, it not increased and doesnt bother as much but I can hear it.

Sound is usually heard around 1500-2K rpm when it peaks. Its hardly there at idling and higher RPMs engine sound takes over.
Old 13th December 2021, 13:30   #2189

Quote:
Even I mostly use it on Highways and so wanted only MT. Got Continental CROSSCONTACT LX 2 for around 10K per piece at Amazon. Tyres were October 2021 manufactured. Spent 1K on fitting and got 4K for the old tyres (Bridgestone Durella 65K run). So overall spent around 35K including cashback.
XUVwanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 13:58   #2190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUVwanderer View Post
Even I mostly use it on Highways and so wanted only MT. Got Continental CROSSCONTACT LX 2 for around 10K per piece at Amazon. Tyres were October 2021 manufactured. Spent 1K on fitting and got 4K for the old tyres (Bridgestone Durella 65K run). So overall spent around 35K including cashback.
Please do share your review for Contis, hows the road noise levels and comfort?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks