Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2021, 14:29   #2191

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Please do share your review for Contis, hows the road noise levels and comfort?
I constantly used to curse the local government for road condition in Bangalore. After change, I am bit relived with it. I have not got chance to try on Highway but I tried few empty stretch in city and totally happy with it. The braking noise and tyre spin has reduced by a big margin now.
XUVwanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 22:28   #2192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUVwanderer View Post
Even I mostly use it on Highways and so wanted only MT. Got Continental CROSSCONTACT LX 2 for around 10K per piece at Amazon. Tyres were October 2021 manufactured. Spent 1K on fitting and got 4K for the old tyres (Bridgestone Durella 65K run). So overall spent around 35K including cashback.
Just curious where you gave away the old tyres? 4K sounds like a decent value.
Old 14th December 2021, 13:21   #2193

Quote:
Just curious where you gave away the old tyres? 4K sounds like a decent value.
I was not expecting more than 150Rs per old tyre. Technician who replaced the tyres took me to a small puncture shop nearby (in Basaveshwaranagar) and offloaded it and transferred money to my PhonePe. He mentioned it would be used by Yellow board vehicles. I guess even the Tyre Shop owners would do the same but offer peanuts when you ask for buyback.
XUVwanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 12:20   #2194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikshan View Post
I am facing a similar sound. Mine has run 82K and I am hearing this for the past 1k kms. The one I am hearing is "similar" to the sound of the motor which would open the OVRM when key is inserted. I had a check with my service engineer (ex-Mahindra) over phone and he said it might be modulator. I am not sure whether he was able to completely understand the sound, based on my explanation I didn't notice any issue in the vehicle till now. Would be taking it for repair after 15th. So have to check then.
did you get the issue fixed?
Old 25th December 2021, 23:44   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
did you get the issue fixed?
Yes please. My service technician is ex-Mahindra and he had replaced the vacuum modulator. I don't hear the noise now (though it has been just 2 days). Hopefully it is resolved
karthikshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 00:47   #2196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Hi all,

I am back from a 2000 kms trip from Bangalore to Munnar, Kochi, Kumarakom, Kovalam and Kanyakumari.

Enjoyed driving the beast on the highways. With 7 on-board and roof carrier filled with luggage to the maximum extent you can imagine, it didn't let me down at all.

What i liked the most is the confidence it gives when you are cruising at good speed. No nervousness at all. Will update more on it in my debut ownership thread that is in-progress.

Niggles faced:

*Rear AC stopped working(resistor got spoilt) the part needs to be sourced from Hubli(yes!) to Bangalore as it wasn't available at the dealer, Anant cars.

*Minor rattles from the dashboard after releasing the clutch after shifting to 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear.

*A weird noise(kat-kat) for around 4 seconds after pressing accelerator after shifting gears. SA said some software update needs to done. (God knows what would software update do to kill that sound! will update more about this tomorrow when i get the car back)

Infotainment system works fine now (touch-wood) after two replacements. Had the problem of system getting hanged and switching off abruptly.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Have some good news for W10 owners who were looking for a roof carrier. Well it was a matter of common sense but i realized it too late. I went to JC road for carrier-hunting and i had to choose between a small one that would not cover over sunroof and a big carrier that had ample luggage storage space but would cover sunroof. Well later i realized that i can go for a bigger carrier and adjust the cross-bars alignment in such a way that it does not cover the sunroof. Irony is Mahindra is still unaware about this solution and they told that sunroof would be half-covered if i opt for one. Attaching a pic for your reference. You can PM me for more details on it.

Result : problem solved!
Make : M-tek carrier for XUV 500
Cost : 6200 Rs
Rating : 5/5. Extremely satisfied. Brilliant quality.

Current ODO stands at 3400 kms in 3 weeks of its arrival
Thanks for the info on the roof carrier. I live in bangalore and I'm planning to install it in my XUV 500 as well. May I know from which shop in JC road you got this roof carrier?
Old 23rd September 2022, 19:23   #2197

price protection by M&M

I need some advice on the pricing issues of my XUV500.

I had booked the car on 8/10/22 for an ex-showroom price of Rs 21.88 Lakhs (if i remember correctly). The present scene is that the car has been allotted, PDI done. Payments have been credited to the dealers account yesterday as per the above showroom price + tax + insurance ++

When I enquired about the invoicing today evening, i am told that my car was booked like after 12 PM on 8/10/21 and hence the ex-showroom price of Rs 21.88 is not valid. The new price is Rs 23.69.

How valid is this claim ?

Jayant.
Old 3rd August 2023, 07:45   #2198
BHPian

Dear Friends,
I'm evaluating an used XUV500 W11(O). It has run just about 35K in last 5 years and has full history, but out of warranty. The owner being a NRI, drives only when he is in town, which means it stays idle for more than 6 months on a stretch.
I noticed lot of black smoke when accelerating (3K+) from low speed, rest everything seems to be fine. What all could be the causes? Should I bite the bullet?
Old 3rd August 2023, 09:11   #2199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
I noticed lot of black smoke when accelerating (3K+) from low speed, rest everything seems to be fine. What all could be the causes? Should I bite the bullet?
35K run is relatively new vehicle. Black smoke on hard acceleration is usually due to EGR valve issue / clogging. Have seen this in XUVs near 1L KMs odo, a EGR valve cleaning will resolve this.
However its surprising how a low odo vehicle is having this issue, hence would suggest you to confirm through service center online records that the ODO reading is correct. If that is the case, may be you can get it checked with a known mechanic and make sure its a random EGR issue.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 09:27   #2200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
However its surprising how a low odo vehicle is having this issue, hence would suggest you to confirm through service center online records that the ODO reading is correct.
Thanks for the update. I got the service records and as per it,
2019 - 2 services 1000 and 5000
2020 - 1 service at 5300 - under 400 kilometers in 12 months
2021 - 1 service at 8400, 3K in 8 months
2022 - 3 services at 10500 (after 8 months), 16500 (after 6 months), 24000 (last service - in 2 months in December)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks