Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2015, 13:42   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Hello Storme_on_d_way,

Thanks for the good news. Even I have paid full amount for W10 AWD a week ago and is waiting for delivery. Hope this decision is honoured by the dealer here in Kochi as well.
You have paid the whole amount while I had only given them the booking amount. So of course will get the price protection. If the dealer plays foul, tweet out to Mr. Anandmahindra. He takes his tweets very seriously. I got a reply on twitter and from their customer care both within 8 hours of writing. Of course apart from that call from their regional sales head who assured me and others the price protection.
Old 7th July 2015, 15:42   #242
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Guys, anybody using a dash camera in their XUV behind the IRVM? I am using it and currently I am thinking to get the wire routed from inside, as I am not liking the wire dangling in front of me from the 12V socket till the camera.

Can I get the wire routed in the service center? Is it possible to get the wire to 12V socket from inside?

This is how it is currently - LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Ok, Good news: last night, I had shot an email to the customer care and tweeted to Mr. Anand Mahindra. Got a call from their sales head today in the morning and was told that I would be charged the same price which prevailed at the time of booking. Infact, they have taken this decision for all Xuv500 customers who would book the car till 30th of this month. Seems like what I heard about Mahindra ASS was absolutely true. They actually go out of their way to help customers. Kudos
Good to know everything is fine now Now it's time for you to take the delivery and post a detailed review.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 17:08   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Can I get the wire routed in the service center? Is it possible to get the wire to 12V socket from inside?
Hope I can respond here as this query is not specific to XUV 5oo.

Routing would be an easy DIY and will mainly involve removing the A or B Pillar Trim. You will have to route the wire from the camera behind the roof lining and take it down from the A Pillar.

From the end of A(or B) Pillar, you can access the cable behind the dash (footwell area) & using Nylon ties secure the cable in place and connect the other end to the 12V socket.

Starting with 2 Chinese makes, this is the 3rd Dashcam I am using in my car. All of these 3 had sufficient wire length on that 12v charger to be able to route this way and connect it to the Socket.

Hence, I don't think length of the wire should be the real concern here.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 17:22   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Hope I can respond here as this query is not specific to XUV 5oo.

Routing would be an easy DIY and will mainly involve removing the A or B Pillar Trim. You will have to route the wire from the camera behind the roof lining and take it down from the A Pillar.

From the end of A(or B) Pillar, you can access the cable behind the dash (footwell area) & using Nylon ties secure the cable in place and connect the other end to the 12V socket.

Starting with 2 Chinese makes, this is the 3rd Dashcam I am using in my car. All of these 3 had sufficient wire length on that 12v charger to be able to route this way and connect it to the Socket.

Hence, I don't think length of the wire should be the real concern here.
Thanks parag, yes the wire is not an issue as the length is more than enough to route it. But I am little hesitant to perform a DIY on my car, hence wanted to know if the dealer can help me with this. If yes, I will get it done by them.
Old 7th July 2015, 17:24   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thanks parag, yes the wire is not an issue as the length is more than enough to route it. But I am little hesitant to perform a DIY on my car, hence wanted to know if the dealer can help me with this. If yes, I will get it done by them.
Well, the dealer is most likely to help you as this is not a modification that you are looking for. Its mainly to route the wires. So you can visit your ASC and explain them the intent and they should do this for you in few minutes.

I am sure they should have no reason to deny this job as long as you manage to explain them that you are using the same power source (12V) socket to power up an accessory and you just want the wire to be routed behind the A pillar.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 17:48   #246
adu
BHPian

Just checking if anyone has information around when the next upgrade to the maps will be out? The current version on pre -facelift models is 8.1 whereas the latest version in 9.
Old 7th July 2015, 18:09   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, Good news: last night, I had shot an email to the customer care and tweeted to Mr. Anand Mahindra. Got a call from their sales head today in the morning and was told that I would be charged the same price which prevailed at the time of booking. Infact, they have taken this decision for all Xuv500 customers who would book the car till 30th of this month. Seems like what I heard about Mahindra ASS was absolutely true. They actually go out of their way to help customers. Kudos
Was this the answer from the customer care or do you have it in an email or a written proof that they will honor all bookings till end of month.
I rejected a car in PDI and expecting one in couple of days.

Last edited by Prash22 : 7th July 2015 at 18:17.
Old 7th July 2015, 19:21   #248
BHPian

Well, the point about 'booking till end of the month' was conveyed to me over phone by their regional sales head. Dont have it in writing. He also informed me that the Koncept sales head would be calling me up and confirming the price protection to me, which he did. Anyways, why did you reject your car? What was wrong with it?

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 7th July 2015 at 19:22.
Old 7th July 2015, 19:50   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the point about 'booking till end of the month' was conveyed to me over phone by their regional sales head. Dont have it in writing. He also informed me that the Koncept sales head would be calling me up and confirming the price protection to me, which he did. Anyways, why did you reject your car? What was wrong with it?
I rejected it because of the door panel gaps being glaringly wide. I had posted some pictures of it earlier.
I called up the dealer and there is a 10k hike for w6 and they are not aware of any price protection offered.
They are going to check and get back.
I might have to tweet Anand Mahindra again
Old 7th July 2015, 20:14   #250
BHPian

If the dealer acts smart, u should reach out to the higher authorities. I was simply surprised by the promptness I witnessed from their end. I shot that email and tweet around midnight and at 9:30 in the morning, I got a call from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhurana View Post
1.it's not the dynamic type. It's same as those used in prev gen.
2. Yeah I find it useful only when you want to open windows a couple cms on rainy day when you want fresh air from outside in rain. Helps reduce suffocation and fogging of Windows. I used them in my city extensive ly.
3. Cost
Side step new design - 11.5 k
Rear bull bar - 5.5 k
Rain visor -2 k
Body side moulding - 2 k
Rear cam - 3 k
24 k total. And got 10 %discount.
Paid 21600
Will post pics soon.
Which cam is it? I am buying my w6 from koncept, noida. I have been quoted 7200 for a reverse camera with a dashboard mounted reverse. Also I am told that the new side step costs 14.5 while the older design costs 11.5k. Am I being over charged for the side step?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th July 2015 at 21:07. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 7th July 2015, 20:30   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
I rejected it because of the door panel gaps being glaringly wide. I had posted some pictures of it earlier.
I called up the dealer and there is a 10k hike for w6 and they are not aware of any price protection offered.
They are going to check and get back.
I might have to tweet Anand Mahindra again
Hey Prashanth, you are still waiting for the car to be allotted? It's been a month now right, and I am sure you should not be charged a single penny extra. Put your foot down and tell him you will not pay and if he still insists tell you will cancel the booking. Also send an email to customer care and tweet to Anand mahindra.
Old 7th July 2015, 22:59   #252
BHPian

Hi storme_on_d_way,
Please PM the twitter handle of anand mahindra, any other mail id you have of mahindra higher ups.
Regards
Old 8th July 2015, 02:10   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Hi storme_on_d_way,
Please PM the twitter handle of anand mahindra, any other mail id you have of mahindra higher ups.
Regards
I only had to shoot an email to - customercare@mahindra.com And a tweet on his official twitter handle '@anandmahindra'. Anyways, one more known person on another forum faced absolutely same issue. He followed the same protocol as I did and result was precisely the same. Got a call from Sr. Regional head who assured him of price protection and a follow up call from the S.A head who confirmed the same. Seems like dealers are merely trying to dupe the customers in the garb of this price hike, which technically should apply on the cars billed to the dealers after the hike-date.
Old 8th July 2015, 10:34   #254
BHPian

I find this very interesting. Why are customers or potential customer required to tweet Anand Mahindra? Isn't it an overkill? The issues that has been talked about here are around price protection. That can and should be easily handled through the customer care email id or the regional sales heads. I dont think it calls for a tweet to Anand.
This is a trend we have noticed since the launch of XUV in 2011. Initially people used to reach him only when the other channels failed. But now we are reaching him as the first point of contact.
So has the communication channel broken down completely such that only the top level responds? Or is it that we are being over enthusiastic? I am not blaming anyone here, rather trying to find out what is wrong. I know Anand takes XUV very seriously and thus reaching him seems to be the best way to bypass the hierarchy. But in the long run this may turn out negative and he might start ignoring the tweets if they are not about very very serious issue.
I am going to be a XUV owner in a few week's time and this trend is worrying me a little. Will I not get required attention in cade of a problem until I have reached Anand?
sadnabrina is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 11:10   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
I find this very interesting. Why are customers or potential customer required to tweet Anand Mahindra? Isn't it an overkill? The issues that has been talked about here are around price protection. That can and should be easily handled through the customer care email id or the regional sales heads. I dont think it calls for a tweet to Anand.
This is a trend we have noticed since the launch of XUV in 2011. Initially people used to reach him only when the other channels failed. But now we are reaching him as the first point of contact.
So has the communication channel broken down completely such that only the top level responds? Or is it that we are being over enthusiastic? I am not blaming anyone here, rather trying to find out what is wrong. I know Anand takes XUV very seriously and thus reaching him seems to be the best way to bypass the hierarchy. But in the long run this may turn out negative and he might start ignoring the tweets if they are not about very very serious issue.
I am going to be a XUV owner in a few week's time and this trend is worrying me a little. Will I not get required attention in cade of a problem until I have reached Anand?
You are right in a way, but desperate times call for desperate measures. One day we are all set to put in 15 big ones of our hard earned money and next, we get to know that we are being taken for a ride. Like any other customer care of any given company in our country, i had also expected them to reply, but after taking their own sweet little time. So i shot them an email but followed/backed it up by that tweet , which i knew would be taken seriously. I still believe that tweet made all the difference here as i didnt get any call to "discuss" the issue and those promises to "looking into it / get back to me" . All i got was one call telling me that i will definitely get my car at the prices prevailing at the time of booking and my dealer's sales head would call me up to say the same thing. And you should have heard the meek tone of his afterwards. Do you think it would have been possible just by reading that mail of mine?
But coming back to the main issue, i guess if i face any problem now on ( God forbid ) , i would definitely like to start off with the customer care only or else the almost sure-shot twitter method is going to lose its essence , if used a bit too loosely.
@rajeVenu, By the way, there are two more twitter handles i got messages from, in response to that tweet to mr. Anand. One was @xuv500 and other was something starting with mahindra. I had installed twitter only for this and uninstalled it afterwards. So could not check the handles. I am sure you can find both if you search for them on the lil birdie.

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 8th July 2015 at 11:15.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed