Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 11:14   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
One of my friends was offered Rs 50,000/- discount on the pre-facelift XUV W8 in Chennai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
In Bangalore, I am hearing they're offering more discount than 50K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
A month back, I was offered close to 1 lakh discount on their last pre-facelift W8 model. This was from Sireesh Auto. Sales rep even hinted that he can get a good exchange bonus. But i didnt go for it as the color available was WHITE and my family was not convinced.
That looks like a good discount, but one thing we need to keep in mind is the date of manufacture. Because I had seen close to 5-6 pre-facelift models lying in the stockyard here in Bangalore which were March manufactured. Also these were the cars which were damaged during transit and been repaired.

I pity people who are not aware of decoding the VIN and falling prey for the discounts. At least as Bhp-ians we should not fall for that trap.

IMO a thorough PDI has to be done, in case if you are planning to avail the discounts and go for a pre-facelift model.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 19:27   #287

Quote:
A month back, I was offered close to 1 lakh discount on their last pre-facelift W8 model. This was from Sireesh Auto. Sales rep even hinted that he can get a good exchange bonus. But i didnt go for it as the color available was WHITE and my family was not convinced.
The same was communicated to me last Saturday, at the same dealership, upto 1 Lakh off on OTR price for white W8 pre facelift.
So they are trying to clear out existing stocks.

I did a PDI today for a W6.
Noted two things:
1. It came with Bridgestone Duellers H/T and right next to it I saw a W10 shod with Apollos.
2. W6 second row had reading lights but the XUV brochure mentions that reading lights in W4 and W6 are limited to only the 1st row.
Old 17th July 2015, 17:17   #288

Wondering if M&M has improved the hand brake on the New age XUV, anyone tried it yet? The HB on my pre facelift XUV has been totally inadequate to hold the vehicle this size from rolling down. Inspite of numerous adjustments from day one it fails to instil any sort of confidence. A good old brick is often required on hilly slopes.
Old 17th July 2015, 20:38   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritualuv View Post
Wondering if M&M has improved the hand brake on the New age XUV, anyone tried it yet? The HB on my pre facelift XUV has been totally inadequate to hold the vehicle this size from rolling down. Inspite of numerous adjustments from day one it fails to instil any sort of confidence. A good old brick is often required on hilly slopes.

The travel for the hand brake is too long for the XUV, You need to really pull the hand brake upwards quite a lot but once you do that the car holds it self just fine, Even on incline and decline both. It was the same in the previous gen and also the same in the New age Xuv 500.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 22:02   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
The travel for the hand brake is too long for the XUV, You need to really pull the hand brake upwards quite a lot but once you do that the car holds it self just fine, Even on incline and decline both. It was the same in the previous gen and also the same in the New age Xuv 500.
I know what you mean Tanveer, as I tried it once all the way up. The vehicle still kept moving making gurgling sounds,finally it rested when the 1st gear was engaged, and it was a real effort to disengage it. I'm never confident using the HB in my XUV.
Old 17th July 2015, 22:18   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhandak View Post
The same was communicated to me last Saturday, at the same dealership, upto 1 Lakh off on OTR price for white W8 pre facelift.
So they are trying to clear out existing stocks.
Wow - Looks like they are trying hard to clear the stock. Surprising that none took it so far. Good deal actually...
Old 17th July 2015, 23:17   #292
BHPian

Quote:

Please visit the ASS and get your hand brake wire assembly tightened. It's a simple 5 minutes job and would reduce the hand brake play and provide the necessary confidence.
Cheerio!
Mcroadster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 01:03   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know what you mean Tanveer, as I tried it once all the way up. The vehicle still kept moving making gurgling sounds,finally it rested when the 1st gear was engaged, and it was a real effort to disengage it. I'm never confident using the HB in my XUV.
Right after the gurgling sound is the stage were it feels the handbrake is engaged properly. But yes it takes quite an effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcroadster View Post
Please visit the ASS and get your hand brake wire assembly tightened. It's a simple 5 minutes job and would reduce the hand brake play and provide the necessary confidence.
Cheerio!
Oh i see, I shall mention this as well during the 5k km car checkup, Though even now its exactly the same as my previous XUV.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 01:29   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...finally it rested when the 1st gear was engaged, and it was a real effort to disengage it. I'm never confident using the HB in my XUV.
For the interest of safety and hand brake life, it's suggested that the car should never be left on handbrake alone, especially on slopes. The thumb rule is, if the car is facing downward slope, engage the reverse gear. If you parked your car on an upward slope (front facing the incline), engage the 1st gear.

Basically, the gear selected should be opposite to the possible roll. And it's also mentioned that never put your car in any other gears than first or reverse for maximum effect.
swiftnfurious is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 21:32   #295

Quote:
Wow - Looks like they are trying hard to clear the stock. Surprising that none took it so far. Good deal actually...
Well, I took the delivery of a good old pre-facelift W4 in June. At that time, the new one was already launched and I was in two minds. The discount I was offered on the old one was free insurance +22K (corporate+cash discount) and 25K worth accessories free. I found this good enough and went for the old one. It costed me 12.1 OTR, here in Gurgaon.

They had almost run out of old model, all variants when I took delivery, but if by chance there is something still left, I am pretty sure it would be up for grabs at mouth watering discounts.
asingh01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 09:23   #296
Senior - BHPian

Guys does anyone know how should i use the infotainment system without having to start the battery or the car? For instance now i have to tap the start stop button once which turns on the battery and infotainment system and everything and another press with the clutch firesup the car. But since i mostly do not use the AC when the car is stationary and i dont think its advisible to use the features on battery for a long time, Is there a way out of this? Or is there something i am missing?

Thanks in advance!
Old 21st July 2015, 11:02   #297
BANNED

Quote:
Guys does anyone know how should i use the infotainment system without having to start the battery or the car?

I dont think its advisible to use the features on battery for a long time, Is there a way out of this? Or is there something i am missing?
"How long" are you planning to use the infotainment system in the car?

I feel there will be no issue if used on battery provided you have the car running daily. If the car is used sparingly then IMO the battery won't get recharged BUT if used daily come then the battery so get charged. No worries. Enjoy the car!
Old 21st July 2015, 11:20   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys does anyone know how should i use the infotainment system without having to start the battery or the car? For instance now i have to tap the start stop button once which turns on the battery and infotainment system and everything and another press with the clutch firesup the car. But since i mostly do not use the AC when the car is stationary and i dont think its advisible to use the features on battery for a long time, Is there a way out of this? Or is there something i am missing?

Thanks in advance!
As per Mahindra, the infotainment system can be used for 1 hour. In our prefacelift model we have the one hour mode where only the infotainment system is running with the car not started. Hope the new age XUV should also have the same feature, why don't you check in your manual once?

IMO one hour mode should not drain your battery and everything should work normally as it is a manufacture specified feature. Hope this helps
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:19   #299

Hi Tushar,

A million thanks for your truly insightful reviews. I have a few queries and will appreciate if you could help me clarify each of those points

The reason i am keen to know is because i want to drive deep into the interiors of Leh/ Ladakh that requires steep climb & fair bit of off-roading/ negotiating deep pits/ many water crossing with upto 2 ft depth to reach those locations which only high GC cars with low gear rations can negotiate.

Since i have not see any reviews of XUV AWD on such terrain so i am uncertain if XUV w10 AWD can successfully complete such trip. Hence these questions

1. What is the actual ground clearance of XUV w10 AWD (after removing the engine guard below) & can it negotiate such GC as required after remving the bottom guard safely? If not what is the way to do so?

Comparison table in your post suggest it is 200 mm for XUV (& 165 mm for Scorpio -??) whereas Mahindras claim it is only 160 mm for XUV. so what is the actual position of XUV GC? can you please give clarity

2. does the AWD has adequate low gear ratio to generate such power for such steep climbs

3. some in one of the post wrote that their clutch will burn out very quickly, is it true?

Thanks a million in advance for your anticipated reply

Regards

Shardil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post

The Mahindra XUV500 was developed to fill a void in the 10-20 lakh SUV segment back in 2011. It was a daring move for an Indian auto maker to enter a price bracket where buyers start yearning for the prestige of a premium brand. The car was a runaway success; Mahindra sold 50,000 units of the XUV500 within 16 months of its launch! In fact, without any significant updates in the 4 years since, Mahindra still sells about 3,000 copies each month. No car priced above a million rupees has ever managed these volumes before.

Last edited by bblost : 21st July 2015 at 15:33.
Old 21st July 2015, 19:23   #300
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
As per Mahindra, the infotainment system can be used for 1 hour. In our prefacelift model we have the one hour mode where only the infotainment system is running with the car not started. Hope the new age XUV should also have the same feature, why don't you check in your manual once?

IMO one hour mode should not drain your battery and everything should work normally as it is a manufacture specified feature. Hope this helps
Even in New Age model, we've the one hour mode (Turn off the engine, the pop up message tells it's now in one hour mode)...
sathya_nars is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks