Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 01:09   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
"How long" are you planning to use the infotainment system in the car?

I feel there will be no issue if used on battery provided you have the car running daily. If the car is used sparingly then IMO the battery won't get recharged BUT if used daily come then the battery so get charged. No worries. Enjoy the car!
In my car the system shuts down along with the car so i cant even listen to the music, So the first niggle in my New age XUV is here. Also it is mentioned in the manual to not use the electronics of the car on battery mode for a longer duration to avoid sudden battery drain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
As per Mahindra, the infotainment system can be used for 1 hour. In our prefacelift model we have the one hour mode where only the infotainment system is running with the car not started. Hope the new age XUV should also have the same feature, why don't you check in your manual once?

IMO one hour mode should not drain your battery and everything should work normally as it is a manufacture specified feature. Hope this helps
Yes the one hour mode was exactly what i was trying to figure out, But thanks to sathya_nars confirmation, It seem's its either deactivated or not working in my car, Will get it rectified during the first checkup. So the niggles start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Even in New Age model, we've the one hour mode (Turn off the engine, the pop up message tells it's now in one hour mode)...
Thanks for the confirmation, It seem's there is something wrong with my car, Everything shuts down as soon as i press the start/Stop button to shut down the engine, One more thing can you please confirm if you can see a confirmation on the infotainment system when you switch on the hill decent control? As per the manual it is suppose to show a confirmation on the infotainment system but for me it doesn't. Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd July 2015, 06:09   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
In my car the system shuts down along with the car so i cant even listen to the music, So the first niggle in my New age XUV is here.
One more thing can you please confirm if you can see a confirmation on the infotainment system when you switch on the hill decent control?

Hey Tanveer. Unless you use the micro hybrid function, stop button actually stops everything in the car. To be able to use the infotainment, all you need to do is press start button again without pressing clutch. Everything except the engine comes back to life. You can listen to music, use lights, operate the windows etc. To switch off everything again, press stop button. Any time you use clutch while starting the car, engine starts. In the demo I was given by garage expert at home for me, he mentioned that simply we should first use start button without clutch. Allow the electronics etc to boot up. Meaning wait until we see that animation of speedo needle to do full circle and back home position. Then press clutch and start the engine.

About HDC, every time it gets activated by pressing button, I see a message on infotainment console. If i disable it manually or it gets deactivated automatically by itself due to plain road, it shows up HDC deactivated message.

Hope this helps.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 08:02   #303
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the confirmation, It seem's there is something wrong with my car, Everything shuts down as soon as i press the start/Stop button to shut down the engine, One more thing can you please confirm if you can see a confirmation on the infotainment system when you switch on the hill decent control? As per the manual it is suppose to show a confirmation on the infotainment system but for me it doesn't. Thanks in advance.
Previous reply was detailed to help you. Wrt hill decent control, it should glow the yellow indicator on the dial (curvy road and car icon) when turned on. Though I haven't used yet, I saw the indicator worked. I'm not sure there'll be another indicator on the infotainment too.
Old 22nd July 2015, 08:29   #304
J.Ravi

Quote:
Wrt hill decent control, it should glow the yellow indicator on the dial (curvy road and car icon) when turned on.
That icon indicates activation of ESP.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-esp.jpg

When HDC is activated, the switch will illuminate.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-hdc.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-hdc2.jpg

These are excerpts from the owner's manual of the old age XUV 500.
  (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 08:47   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wrt hill decent control, it should glow the yellow indicator on the dial (curvy road and car icon) when turned on.
Like Ravi said, the HDC icon is not on the dial. Just for reference - Not sure if there was more number of icons on the dial in previous version than now but here is snap of everything you can see on the dial in new age -

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-screen-shot-20150722-8.45.32-am.png

Pic above is taken from the user manual of new age XUV5OO.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 09:57   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Like Ravi said, the HDC icon is not on the dial. Just for reference - Not sure if there was more number of icons on the dial in previous version than now but here is snap of everything you can see on the dial in new age -

Attachment 1394295

Pic above is taken from the user manual of new age XUV5OO.
Avinash in the image above, I can see up and down arrow next to the gear indicator. Does the new age XUV has a gear shift indicator?
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:03   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Avinash in the image above, I can see up and down arrow next to the gear indicator. Does the new age XUV has a gear shift indicator?
Yes dear! It does show the gear shift indicator as N, R, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. And very handy for me especially in the stop and go traffic. I sometimes get confused in 1 and 3. But looking at the dial, I know what actually I have
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:21   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Tanveer. Unless you use the micro hybrid function, stop button actually stops everything in the car. To be able to use the infotainment, all you need to do is press start button again without pressing clutch. Everything except the engine comes back to life. You can listen to music, use lights, operate the windows etc. To switch off everything again, press stop button. Any time you use clutch while starting the car, engine starts. In the demo I was given by garage expert at home for me, he mentioned that simply we should first use start button without clutch. Allow the electronics etc to boot up. Meaning wait until we see that animation of speedo needle to do full circle and back home position. Then press clutch and start the engine.

About HDC, every time it gets activated by pressing button, I see a message on infotainment console. If i disable it manually or it gets deactivated automatically by itself due to plain road, it shows up HDC deactivated message.

Hope this helps.

Hello, Sorry i missed your reply earlier. Yes pressing the start stop button once starts all the electronics and the battery icon shows up on the instrument cluster, But i am looking for the one hour mode in which there are no lights on the instrument cluster and infotainment system is on to use the music/ videos etc. If the car is running and i press the start/stop button once, The car shuts down completely.
Also about the HDC i cant see a message on the infotainment system as well but the light on the button does glow though. I think i need to get these things checked.
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:36   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes dear! It does show the gear shift indicator as N, R, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. And very handy for me especially in the stop and go traffic. I sometimes get confused in 1 and 3. But looking at the dial, I know what actually I have
I think you mistook my question Avinash. I was talking about the arrow mark next to the N,R,1,2,3,4,5,6 in the image from Manual. Basically those arrows will be lit up when you reach the ideal speed or RPM to upshift or downshift accordingly.
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:00   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Oops! Got you. Don't remember seeing those shift indicators - I think they are not in new age. But I will confirm in the evening when I drive back home!
Old 22nd July 2015, 15:09   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oops! Got you. Don't remember seeing those shift indicators - I think they are not in new age. But I will confirm in the evening when I drive back home!

Gear shift indicator is not present, It only shows in which gear the car currently is, It does not ask to upshift or downshift. Also had a talk with the demo guy, According to him there is no way to keep the music system running without the battery or the car on! Thats weird!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 15:40   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Also had a talk with the demo guy, According to him there is no way to keep the music system running without the battery or the car on! Thats weird!
Ok, I am confused. From what I understand of electronics, the Head Unit is going to need electricity to work and battery supplies the electricity.

So what am I missing in this discussion?
Old 22nd July 2015, 15:55   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Ok, I am confused. From what I understand of electronics, the Head Unit is going to need electricity to work and battery supplies the electricity.

So what am I missing in this discussion?

In the old Xuv once you inserted the key there are 3 stages, 1st would start the electronics, 2nd would start the battery and the indicators do their celebration, And 3rd is where the car starts, But (Maybe just for me) in the new age XUV i can either start the battery and the car only. Which means i cannot listen to music or watch videos when without the battery switch on, And its mentioned in the New age XUV's manual to not keep the battery swtich on for a longer period to avoid sudden battery drain. So in short, The one hour mode isn't working for me :(
Old 22nd July 2015, 16:23   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the old Xuv once you inserted the key there are 3 stages, 1st would start the electronics, 2nd would start the battery and the indicators do their celebration, And 3rd is where the car starts, But (Maybe just for me) in the new age XUV i can either start the battery and the car only.
Generally the keyhole would have two positions for most of the cars - ACC and ON. In ACC mode only the infotainment would work - basically this is an accessory mode. You can use the lower load things like music system. To be able to run everything in the car including power windows etc, you would need to slot the key on ON mode. This starts the fan/ AC blower and power windows etc. And a crank at ON position would start the engine. ON is also the position where all the lights dance on the dials like Battery, Check Engine Lights, Seat Belt Warning, Airbag readiness light etc. This was the case in my SX4.

When the demo was given to me about the car at home, I was told that the equivalent ACC mode is not there in XUV. The cycle starts from ON position. This state is when everything in the car except the engine is running. And rest follows - to start engine press clutch and press start again. To get back to this stage, you need two button presses though. Once to stop engine - which shuts off everything. And then one more to again put it in the ON position - all on except the engine.

Not sure if this is niggle or the way feature is built. But for now let's say we have this as default implementation in new age XUV and not a niggle. And if only me and you have this, lets just say only Orange W10 XUVs has this niggle/ feature

Last edited by abirnale : 22nd July 2015 at 16:25.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 20:01   #315
BHPian

Quote:
In the old Xuv once you inserted the key there are 3 stages, 1st would start the electronics, 2nd would start the battery and the indicators do their celebration, And 3rd is where the car starts, But (Maybe just for me) in the new age XUV i can either start the battery and the car only. Which means i cannot listen to music or watch videos when without the battery switch on, And its mentioned in the New age XUV's manual to not keep the battery swtich on for a longer period to avoid sudden battery drain. So in short, The one hour mode isn't working for me :(
Quote:
Generally the keyhole would have two positions for most of the cars - ACC and ON. In ACC mode only the infotainment would work - basically this is an accessory mode. You can use the lower load things like music system. To be able to run everything in the car including power windows etc, you would need to slot the key on ON mode. This starts the fan/ AC blower and power windows etc. And a crank at ON position would start the engine. ON is also the position where all the lights dance on the dials like Battery, Check Engine Lights, Seat Belt Warning, Airbag readiness light etc. This was the case in my SX4.
Ok, so basically in the previous model (and possibly non-W10 in current) there are three stages:
  1. Infotainment (powered by the battery)
  2. All Electronics (powered by the battery)
  3. Engine Ignition

W10 looses mode 1. Did not know this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks