Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2015, 11:33   #496
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Today, my infotainment system started playing the songs from the beginning (first song of the first folder) of the USB drive. This is what happened - I started the car and wanted to move around 20 meters to park the car further down the road. I felt too lazy to wear seat belt for a distance of 20 meters, so drove without seat belt. As usual the warning came up (both audio and alert on the infotainment system). Soon after this, it started playing from the first song of the USB drive. I guess this reset is due to the alert that came up on infotainment system. Have you had any such alerts as well when you noticed the random behaviour of your infotainment system?
I do not think alert has to do anything with this. The infotainment system in my car does this most of the time irrespective of alerts or not. Sometimes it altogether skips USB and start Radio.
Old 21st August 2015, 18:08   #497
BHPian

Folks, there's an ECU patch out for the beast. Please contact your respective Service Advisors/Relationship Manager. Ofcourse, you can wait to be contacted as well
Old 21st August 2015, 18:08   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Welcome to the TeamBHP forum Simba. Heartiest congratulations on your new cheetah.
======
Ownership report will also be awaited.
cheers
vinit
Thanks vinitbhavi

Went alloys-hunting in Mumbai. Was a bit surprised to see very few choices for XUV alloys in the market. Could only find 2 decent alloy designs. One from HRS(10k per piece) and one from Onyx (7.5k per piece).

Any reviews/experiences of Onyx alloys?
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150821_122615.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150821_124139.jpg  

Simba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 19:21   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
Folks an FYI. I was told that the new age XUV W8 reverse camera accessory will not support showing camera view to the infotainment system till a software update is made. I just heard from Mahindra's Area Sales Manager that the software is ready and can be installed at the dealer. I will be taking the car to Sireesh Auto next week to get the reverse camera accessory fitted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post
It will be in the bumper. The service advisor informed me that the rear tail gate strip has been provided the same in w8 to save on costs (same parts across the range)

Also the camera is not the dynamic one found in w10
Sireesh at Bangalore says they haven't received the reverse camera accessory yet. R & D team tells me that it won't support the dynamic assist, but the SW they upgraded my Cheetah supports camera.

Let me know your experience with the camera.
Old 21st August 2015, 20:17   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Folks, there's an ECU patch out for the beast. Please contact your respective Service Advisors/Relationship Manager. Ofcourse, you can wait to be contacted as well
Sumith, is it for facelift version? Do you know what is this patch about?
Old 21st August 2015, 23:15   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba View Post
Thanks vinitbhavi

Went alloys-hunting in Mumbai. Was a bit surprised to see very few choices for XUV alloys in the market. Could only find 2 decent alloy designs. One from HRS(10k per piece) and one from Onyx (7.5k per piece).

Wow, those Onyx alloys are looking sweet. As far as I know, Onyx is a reputable brand in the alloy wheel market. This would look great on the XUV500. However, I would advise you to do more hunting on alloys online and around Mumbai. There are chances you can get more lucrative and sumptuous alloys.
Old 21st August 2015, 23:45   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks vinitbhavi

That's a nice set of onyx alloys you got there. Maybe some guys who have used will be able to help. I somehow find accessories and parts for xuv in Mumbai to be in a short supply as compared to say bangalore / north India even pune.
Do have a look at one of the ownership threads of the new creta where evo alloys have been used. They look really good. Maybe they are available for the xuv.
Cheers
Old 21st August 2015, 23:49   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Sumith, is it for facelift version? Do you know what is this patch about?
Yes this is for the facelift version. I was told its for ECU. Not sure if its specifically for W10 or AWD though. I got a call from the dealership today evening asking for an appointment for the upgrade.
sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 12:15   #504
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks vinitbhavi

Personally love the Onyx one .
Old 22nd August 2015, 16:05   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes this is for the facelift version. I was told its for ECU. Not sure if its specifically for W10 or AWD though. I got a call from the dealership today evening asking for an appointment for the upgrade.
I had called up the Reay road workshop few minutes back (To book my first service appointment) They said they aren't aware of any such ECU patch for the facelifted W10. But would let me know soon if there is any.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 16:31   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Sumith,

Pls do let us know once you get the patch installed - if its specific to AWD or applicable to other W10 models too.
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:01   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I had called up the Reay road workshop few minutes back (To book my first service appointment) They said they aren't aware of any such ECU patch for the facelifted W10. But would let me know soon if there is any.
Quote:
Sumith,

Pls do let us know once you get the patch installed - if its specific to AWD or applicable to other W10 models too.
Funny, I had a call from the dealership again today to remind me of the software patch. Gonna take the vehicle to the service centre on Wednesday.

I am told that the ECU will be flashed with new mapping.
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:37   #508

I have new age w8, bought in gurgaon from strling. Went for software update after their call . Had a peek when they were looking at their system for what upgrade is available. Saw 2 points
1. Ecu
2. Infotainment
Even after 3-4 requests they were not able to tell whats the update for and what will it fix. Probably this simple question was beyond their pay grade :-P
gauravkhurana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 18:59   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhurana View Post
I have new age w8, bought in gurgaon from strling. Went for software update after their call . Had a peek when they were looking at their system for what upgrade is available. Saw 2 points
1. Ecu
2. Infotainment
Even after 3-4 requests they were not able to tell whats the update for and what will it fix. Probably this simple question was beyond their pay grade :-P
Any perceivable difference in drive after ECU update? Anything new you found in infotainment after upgrade?
Old 22nd August 2015, 20:37   #510
BHPian

A conversation I got into today. I parked my XUV near a polling booth and a man comes by. He looked like a staunch follower of a specific political party. He says:

He: Sir, How's the car? What's the mileage
Me: It's good, It's been a month and I am loving it. I get a consistent 11.5 kms in city with AC On/Off and with my short highway drive I got a 12.8. I have just droven around 1500 kms so far.

He: I am bored with my Innova, it looks outdated. XUV is eye catchy and I am contemplating on buying it. Looks around and says, the front grille with chrome inserts is really nice.
Me: It's a good car, this is the new model that released a couple of months back.

He: I hear there are lots of niggles which worries me
Me: Most of it was sorted out post 2013 and the new model is even better. You might see small issues but the experience beats them all.

He: There is no chassis in the car, isn't that a problem?
Me: Its called a monocoque frame of design in which the panels of the car itself behaves as a chassis and has its own benefits over the regular ladder on frame chassis.

He: Oh, thats good. I did not know that. What all features does it have. Is there no alloy?(I have the W6)
Me: Mine is a mid variant, you do get alloys. Cruise, start stop, auto headlamps/wipers, Hill hold, AWD, Sunroof etc.

He: Thats really nice. Thank you so much sir, I have been wanting to talk to a XUV owner. I think I will go for it.
Me: I smile and I go towards to the polling booth.

This is the second time in a month I have seen current Innova owners showing interest on the facelifted XUV. Earlier I had a similar converstaion with a neighbour who owns a Innova. He had a better understanding than the man I met today. In both cases they were inclined on buying the XUV.

Last edited by Prash22 : 22nd August 2015 at 20:39.
Prash22 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks