Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:53   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The chrome line that runs end to end is being stopped now. The last portion stuck on glass is not holding up properly and couple of parkings in hot sun would take that off. So to avoid that thing, M&M has now started rolling new cars without that line on last glass portion near C pillar.

So if you see one without that line - its a new batch (post mid July mostly). And one with it, is an old batch
What is good about this is that now we know Mahindra is serious about customer complaints and maybe even tracking online forums to solve persistent issues. The same happened when they launched the new gen Scorpio. Many people criticized the black applique on the boot door and soon it was replaced with a body coloured one.

What is not good is that the chrome line will look incomplete with the portion on the third window removed. M&M should try a better solution to stick it than remove it completely.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:00   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
It has been my practice to pressurize the spare wheel to 42 psi so that the frequency of filling is reduced drastically.
Hmmm. Are we not bloating the capacity of the tubes so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Here you go:
Attachment 1409424
Thanks Sumith. It's the latest released by R & D team, mine is same too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
Hi all,
I finally got around to getting the reverse camera fitted. It is in the rear bumper (unlike the W10). The infotainment software has been updated by Sireesh. The camera does not have the dynamic guidelines (based on steering input) of the W10 either. But I am happy with the outcome.

Am attaching pics of the camera placement (rear bumper) and also how the video looks in the W8's infotainment system.

Also attached are a few pics of my XUV standing next to my other car (2012 Honda City EMT). I have an affinity for Silver cars (my Silver 2005 Acura TL - that I sold when I moved back to India in 2012 is also attached).
Is yours new age XUV? Sireesh guyz are saying they haven't received the reverse camera for the new age one. Which Sireesh branch you bought it & how much?

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd September 2015 at 15:44. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:07   #573
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Are we not bloating the capacity of the tubes so much?
I have been following this practice successfully since 6 years right from my Linea days without any problem. So, no worries at all.

Old 2nd September 2015, 12:08   #574
Senior - BHPian

One thing I noticed recently in the new age XUV is on unlocking the doors with remote key, the ORVM's open up automatically whereas in the previous gen only when the ignition is switched ON it opens up. Any idea can it be done to the previous gen XUV as well so that it can open on unlocking the car??
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:19   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
One thing I noticed recently in the new age XUV is on unlocking the doors with remote key, the ORVM's open up automatically whereas in the previous gen only when the ignition is switched ON it opens up. Any idea can it be done to the previous gen XUV as well so that it can open on unlocking the car??
Atleast in W10, it makes sense to have the ORVM open up on unlocking the car, as it has that logo projection light on the ORVM. May be to accommodate this feature, they have tweaked the setting in new-age XUV W8/W10?
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:26   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Atleast in W10, it makes sense to have the ORVM open up on unlocking the car, as it has that logo projection light on the ORVM. May be to accommodate this feature, they have tweaked the setting in new-age XUV W8/W10?
I saw it on W10, I think it should be the same with W8 as well. Anybody with W8 can confirm please?

And yes the logo projection light makes sense for this feature
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:30   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Is yours new age XUV? Sireesh guyz are saying they haven't received the reverse camera for the new age one. Which Sireesh branch you bought it & how much?
While booking my XUV500 W8, the dealer informed about the reverse camera not working with the console. However, I reached out to nd4$pd to understand how he got the reverse camera installed. Based on his feedback there is a s/w upgrade needed, I asked my dealer to check about the upgrade and installation of the reverse camera. He confirmed to me a short while ago that s/w upgrade has been done and he will be able to fit the reverse camera before the delivery
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 13:53   #578
BHPian

Quote:
It's a new age W8 AWD. The camera is the same as that of the old W8. Only the infotainment software has been updated to enable camera display to it. I got it done at Sireesh Auto, Hosur road. The price is INR 3700.

Last edited by nd4$pd : 2nd September 2015 at 14:03. Reason: Adding price
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:27   #579

As per the maintenance guide for new cars on TeamBHP, it is advised to change the engine oil after the first 1k kms. My XUV has run ~2.5k kms, does it make sense to change the engine oil now or should I wait for the 5k Mahindra recommended mark? Also, as per the service adviser, Mahindra does not have a non synthetic engine oil, they only have a semi synthetic one. The recommendation of TeamBHP is to use a non synthetic one for the first 10k kms, what is the best way out here?
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:54   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhirama View Post
My XUV has run ~2.5k kms, does it make sense to change the engine oil now or should I wait for the 5k Mahindra recommended mark?
You should wait. Don't have to be exact 5K Kms but somewhere around 4500 itself you can take car for first servicing.

While there can be debate on all the options, you can always buy the matching graded engine oil to your needs and give them. Generally they would be hesitant to take up such oil changes since their revenue is getting reduced here
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 15:37   #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
On the W10, using the door button to lock the vehicle does not fold the OVRM's. I always have to use the remote lock for the car to fold the OVRM's. Any one else notice this ?
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:01   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberyn View Post
On the W10, using the door button to lock the vehicle does not fold the OVRM's. I always have to use the remote lock for the car to fold the OVRM's. Any one else notice this ?
I use only door button to lock and unlock and have hardly used the remote, OVRM does fold automatically, always. In some cases, it takes bit of time (about 30 seconds) to close. So, please re-check again by waiting for 30 seconds after locking.
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:08   #583
BHPian

A quick question on Infotainment greeting message.

Whenever I switch off or Switch on the infotainment system it greets me by Welcome Kalpana Chawla*** or GoodBye Kalpana Chawla**. Anybody knows how to change this? Do I need to ask the ASC guys to change it?
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:53   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Whenever I switch off or Switch on the infotainment system it greets me by Welcome Kalpana Chawla*** or GoodBye Kalpana Chawla**.
Programmed to greet the india origin astronaut Kalpana Chawla?

At least in facelift version I have, there is no such user menu to set the custom greeting IIRC.

It is either done by ASC through special coding or ...something crazy?
Old 2nd September 2015, 17:53   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Programmed to greet the india origin astronaut Kalpana Chawla?

At least in facelift version I have, there is no such user menu to set the custom greeting IIRC.

It is either done by ASC through special coding or ...something crazy?
Do you receive any greeting message on the infotainment system? I too have W10 variant like yours.

The greeting is as follows
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-info.jpg  

Last edited by S5157 : 2nd September 2015 at 18:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks